Marcus Evans Employee Reviews

Stay away
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
High turn over, commission based mostly, sold in the conference division and the product we sold wasn't that great and had a bad name out there with people we were trying to sell too.
Marcus Evans is a great place to work
Divisional Recruitment Manager/P.A. to CEO (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2017
The environment is sales and it is competitive based on performance. The management is fair and they offer training at every level. There is a balance to the company culture as well. You work hard and the company rewards the teams with parties and incentives. The toughest part is the element of sales. Working in sales is not for everyone. The best part about working at Marcus Evans in the management staff. They are honest and they treat their staff with respect.
Cons
If you are not in sales, the career advancement is limited.
We Look for Great People And Develop Them Into Great marcus evans People
Group Head Digital Content (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
A typical day at work is not a typical work day. The variety and pace of the work is not for the faint of heart. marcus evans is a winner's environment. It takes discipline and grit to succeed here.

It's entrepreneurial - successful entrepreneurs know where they're going, know how to get there, know what to prioritize and remain focused in their goals...but they're not afraid to fail. They bounce back and work even harder to overcome the obstacles. That's what our environment is like. That's what's expected of us.

I've learned - and been allowed to learn and do things I never imagined I'd do. I've been to places I never imagined I'd see. That's the wonder of the Company. Everything is possible if you can show you have the talent and the determination to deliver.

Our structure is organic so everyone starts from the base line and works their way up. Management lead by example. This means everything the team has to do, the Management team did before them. It works really well.

The hardest part of the job for me is filtering out which project to focus on. Like many dynamic Companies, our work is varied and interesting. It takes time to learn the discipline required to be as successful as you can be.

The most enjoyable parts of the job...where shall I begin. Personally, I love the environment I work in. I love coming into the office, sitting at my desk and working. The day isn't long enough. Time flies when you're having fun! I love the people I work with both next to me in the office but also all the people I work with in our offices around the world. marcus evans
  more... is so incredibly diverse. That feels like such a privilege to be exposed to that. I love the travel. I have traveled the world with marcus evans to both our offices and events. There's something very special about a Company that allows you to travel but also that means you travel with your colleagues. Traveling together makes us so much more that colleagues. I love the fact that attitude is everything at marcus evans. Skill can be taught. Attitude can't be. I love that my career keeps evolving in ways that I have never expected. I have a Law degree and masters. I'm so far away from that field of study. I love the possibility that anything is possible.

Would I recommend marcus evans? I absolutely would but only if you're committed, can accept there's a process, methodology and thinking that works. It's not for everyone. I didn't know it would be so right for me but it is.
Pros
Worldwide travel, rapid career growth, world-class training and money
Cons
Not enough hours each day
Excellent place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
I loved this job! Compensation was great, excellent work environment, and definitely room for advancement. The only issue was that I was asked to relocate to London, at the time I couldn't.
Great Training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
Learned and applied sales techniques and made a lot of money. I enjoyed the cooperate culture and made great connections with my clients and their prospects.
Great Jump-start for Careers
Independent Conference Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Working in conference production is not for everyone. It is challenging and demanding, but the experience you will gain and the lessons you will learn are very valuable.

The people at marcus evans are absolutely wonderful.

I would have stayed if there were a greater opportunity to make money and if the commissions were made fairly available.
Pros
Great culture, interesting, endless opportunities to learn, one of the best bosses I've ever had
Cons
Pay is low, advancement is slow, very demanding job, unfair stratification of bonus opportunities
Challenging and Rewarding Company
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
Absolutely first class sales training. Hands on instruction from market research, to lead prospecting, to cold calling, and through account management. Rewarding pay structure. Strong self management skills are essential. Failures are an inevitable component of sales, but the successes are extremely rewarding.
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2017
Its all on you to make money. They do not help you grow very well. You have to make around 150 to 200 calls a day and you maybe will talk to five people.
Great first job out of college
Conference Producer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
This is a great entry level job and offers experience in many difference areas of writing, marketing and event production. This role offers valuable lessons in time management.
unprofessional work environment that is not motivating
Conference Producer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Simple things in this business environment are not professional and no communication is streamlined. Business processes could be majorly improved if they want the culture to be a more positive work environment.
Pros
Breaks and lunch hour during the day
Cons
management and un-professional work environment
Fun environment, encouraging managers and nice employees
International Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
I liked this job but I decided I'm not an inside sales person. I prefer outside sales. It's not for everyone, but I like my manager and the people who I work with.
Work hard Play hard
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
Good company to start a career if you are in sales career path. Global company with offices around the world, culturally diverse and exposure, young and fun.
not a professional environment
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
not a professional environment. poorly run.
the atmosphere was loud and difficult to work. i found it
difficult to hear myself on the phone make business calls.
the management was poorly run.
Pros
not enough
Cons
loud, crazy environment
Good place to start
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2017
Cold calling people all day long. That's what is all about.
If the person is lucky enough to get a good manager you will learn a lot about sales and confidence. Don't expect high salaries or fast paced environment.
terrible place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Madrid, IAMarch 22, 2017
Never have i worked in such a terrible working environment. The business model is outdated and management is very week even though they believe they are the 'wolf of wall street'. I hated my time at marcus evans and wishes no one to be forced to do 140 cold calls a day and get yelled at if you are far from the tally. I learned absolutely nothing there except to lie on the phone to a poor secretary and managed to pull a month there before wanting to shoot myself. I don't believe this company will last much longer. Good day.
Pros
Cons
see above
Admin (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 25, 2017
if you work hard Marcus Evans will reward you. Not everyone's cup of tea but i was on the admin side and I had great success there.
The sales side could be a bit challenging for some.
Pros
you can make money if you can sell. some really incredible people
Cons
some will say it is micro management
Fun and productive
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and fast paced. I learned how to pay attention to detail and research efficiently. Management was wonderful. They were very helpful. My co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the research of the latest updates in the DOD,gas and oil industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment.
Pros
Location and co-workers
Cons
keeping up with updates
Terrible Place to work unless you are fresh out of college
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
Unless you want to take an 18k salary aka 10 dollars an hour and only get paid once a month with nepotism and politics involved in the office, do not take this job.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
If you don't cold calling you won't like this job
Corporate Accounts Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Cold calling is probably one of the worse ways to sell people on a product, event, etc. They try to get you to do whatever it takes to get a CEO's phone number so you can sell them on a conference at a 5 star hotel.
Very active enviroment
Executive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Summits division at Marcus Evens Group is the cream of the crop,. So were making high call volumes all day trying to Get "C" level executives to buy face to face meeting with are partners in the medical field.