Marcus Hotels & Resorts
56Below average

Marcus Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United States157 reviews
This company had great training programs and great benefits
I had a lot of different job duties while I worked there. I got to go and do work task at the Hilton and the Pfister hotel in Milwaukee. I liked that we got go off property to set up and serve Banquets.
all starts with the management team if the management team isn't right it doesn't work and it not rite there
You can't trust management i tried to but i was let down more tjen one time .I liked the job but the Union take a lot out of your cheak and bad management .
Horrible Culture
Horrible company culture from the top down. Very demoralizing environment focused on profits with no regard for people. Constant turnover, poor business plans and totally incompetent senior leadership.
Great company.
I love the benefits of working for Marcus. Some examples are free movie tickets and 60% off at the hotels/restaurants they own. Makes going out real cheap.
Fun and energetic place to work
I enjoy working here, it's great money and fun. They also have an employee dining room which is really nice to have. All the employees are very nice and social. I've gained many friends throughout my time here.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great company!
Marcus is a good company with a strong future in the Hospitality industry. There are opportunities for growth through the Aces in Places program and the ability to assist other properties by working Task Force. I had a great career with a bright future there. I only left because I relocated to another state for personal reasons.
Work and travel y amigos para toda la vida
En esta experiencia laboral además de mejorar mi inglés, conocí gente de otros países. Todos estudiantes como yo en ese entonces, mis mejores amigas de ese verano son de Rumania. En este hotel aprendí mucho sobre el trabajo en equipo, ya que con mis amigas nos apoyábamos entre nosotras para poder terminar las tareas del día a día.
Actualmente estoy estudiando en España y de este lado del mundo es mucho más fácil poder volver a vernos así que estamos planificando una reunión cuando acabe mis estudios.
Working here was horrible
Management is mean and vindictive if you stand up for your beliefs. They will make your life a horrible if you don't kiss the ground they walk on. They try to bully and intimidate you into doing things outside of your job description.

The HR department is useless, they don't care about their employees. My old supervisor even asked me about my sexuality, making me very uncomfortable. He made me go out and buy a $300 suit and told me he would pay me back for it - he never did.

I would never recommend this place to anybody! When I turned in my 2 week notice, my supervisor was very rude to me, he texted me every day to make sure I would come to work. Working here was tortuous for me, it gave me massive anxiety and I had to quit to save my mental health.

No matter how desperate you are, please dont work here!
It was great experience for my future
I take pride in my work give more than 100% I will work any hours or extra hours to provide for my family & to contribute what I need to above & beyond to help my company improve
I worked for Marcus for many years it was a pleasure most times.
I enjoyed my employment at Marcus Hotels, As a Union Banquet Server. The pay was great the work environment was Professional and Team Work. I always felt a sense of satisfaction. I have good memories and have old friends 🤗
All I have to say is go work for them and you'll see yourself.
Never would work or recommend anyone to work for them. They do not care about their employees. I fired for not wanting to have a meeting with a manager in a cold cooler. No seriously.
Run, RUN far away
Morale within the company was deplorable. As a front desk agent, we were paid close to minimum wage. I had items thrown at me across the desk from angry customers, because their room was not ready before 4pm. You also had a great chance of being yelled at by one of the 5 back office managers. There were 2 managers for each front desk agent. The managers never left the back office to assist when the line was practically out the door, they just ignore the help buzzer. They need a serious over haul in order to retain employees for longer than 2 months. I didn't live at home with my parents like most the kids there and they DO NOT pay enough for one to survive.
Management issues
Management is poor. Little to no mentoring for advancement. Advancement is limited depending on department. Seemingly closed minded view of how things should be run, and no real encouragement for innovation. If innovation doesn't fit into a certain perspective for how management wants to operate, ideas are turned down with no encouragement to keep up the energy.
busy spa with a lot to offer
I enjoyed my experience while working at The Well Spa. As a massage therapist you get to do your own thing as far as your massage goes, and I appreciate the freedom to be myself. I never had any issues with my employees and I enjoyed all of the staff and management there. Any job is what you make of it, and I saw a lot of good from this place. It's a busy and consistent pace- I wouldn't want to work any where else in Milwaukee.
standard
I like learning from the ground up. reservations is a good department. Can be competitive, but a good group of people.

good benefits

free lunch

free movie tickets

great incentives

excellent perks

At the Milwaukee City Center, double benefits with the hilton
Pros
free lunch, discounts movies and hotels
Cons
short breaks, pay isnt great/ isnt terrible
Yurt Dışı çalışma ortamı
Work and Travel için gidilip hem dilinizin gelişmesi hem de güzel bir yaşam deneyimi için çalışması gereken bir yer
One of the best jobs I have ever had. The work culture is amazing and most of all I miss my co-workers. The company is great but the people they have working for them are the most valuable asset. Miss them dearly. My success came from the staff I managed. The worked hard and as a team through some hard times.

Overall I give it a 9 out 10 rating for places to work.
Disappointing company culture
Marcus Corporation is a good company, but they can't control what happens at all their properties. My experience wasn't so great, due to an inexperienced manager, overpopulated office space (with little room to focus), and lack of support & communication from leadership.
Pros
Affordable Health Insurance
Cons
Long hours, extremely low employee moral, culture among sales staff is unbearable.
Fun and professional place to work.
Fun and professional place to work good management, fair treatment, good coworkers. The management team at the hotel I work at is very professional and willing to work to help you succeed as an employee. I have had an excellent time working with these people and feel like they work hard to accommodate time off requests and be as flexible as possible. There are many fun employee activities including organized parties and other events and a meal is provided with our shift. One of the most important aspects of my employment has been the thorough training they provide for my job. No one's perfect but I gave a top score in all categories for their efforts.
Great Place to Work!
Love working for Marcus Hotels! There are so many opportunities for advancement, they invest in the properties and it's very fun! Free meals, hotel rooms discount, spa, golf, ski discounts are wonderful.
Nice place to work
They take good care of employees great chief engineer great gm fast paced great staff sorry they sold this property allowed .e to access materials and supplies needed enjoyed my time working for marcus
Pros
Great people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight