Marcus Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Very organized
Grand Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJune 11, 2018
Working at Grand Geneva was like working with family. Everyone was kind and happy and no one dreaded going to work. It felt safe, stress free, and extremely friendly anywhere on campus.
I'm so grateful
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2018
Marcus Corporation is an amazing company I'm lucky to have found. They really take care of their people, and it shows! I have been here 3 years, and have been given so many opportunities. Whenever I want to switch something up, I can easily move locations are work somewhere else! I have been given many promotions! Many of my ideas are appreciated, and implemented! Marcus really is an industry leader, and I feel like they're family! I can't tell my friends and family enough about Marcus Hotels & Resorts! If you're looking for an amazing career that will shape your future, Marcus is for you!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Coworkers, Management, Growth
Worst Company EVER
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
This company is extremely horrible. I worked there for over 10 years and there were never opportunities for minorities. Which seems a little racist to me when minorities are the ones that actually runs the inner working of the hotels.
Wasn't there long
Steward (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2018
I was only there for a short time however I want qiven a real chance to advance in the company, and was fired before I could really better myself as an employee.
Provides awesome work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2018
The pfister hotel provides a wonderful work environment for their employees with benefits health insurance and retirement plans the management helps and motivates their employees with educational opportunities
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Parking
June 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. As you know we do our best to support and care for our associates. Our commitment and mission to Serve People, Create Memories and Deliver Exceptional Experiences flows from the top of our organization.

We realize parking in a large city like Milwaukee can be difficult to find and expensive. However, we do our best to offer convenient parking at a reasonable cost to our associates.We also offer bus pass and carpool discounts at many of our locations. Please check with your HR department for options, they will do their best to help.

Thank you again and good luck with your continued growth and success at Marcus Hotels & Resorts.

Productive and fun workplace
Payroll & Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2018
It is a nice place to work, I have had the pleasure of working with some fun people and learned a lot from them. The employee functions are a nice way to get to know other coworkers in other departments.
Pros
They provide us with free food lunch and dinner
Cons
Having to pay for parking
Exhausting place rife with incompetence
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2018
Constantly overstaffed so staff is very tense. Incompetent management and human resources team. Food poisoning reports from food outlets happened often and were hid from public
Pros
Cons
Draconian HR, constant supply shortage, gross employee food
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 11, 2018
Look elsewhere - managers are tense and overworked, making it a stressful environment. Constant turnover and tense environment. Everyone walks on eggshells.
March 22, 2018

We are very sorry you had an unfavorable impression of our hotel. We strive to provide a welcoming place of employment and would welcome an opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.

terrible place to work, with poor management.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Management has clear favorites & very racist. Management does not appreciate their employees and dont provide the necessary tools to do the job. also very gross.
It is alright
Guest Services Agent & Hotel operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 25, 2018
The job is high stress with low pay. does not seem fair to pay someone so little to deal with such angry, demanding people. The hardest part of the job is the people yelling at you constantly.

Want to know more about Marcus Hotels & Resorts?

Ask a question
good company to work for
Functions - Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 12, 2018
this is a good company to work for , great employees and bosses. good benefits, if you need time off the will work with you to get you the time off. big Christmas party.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you know we strive to provide our team members a place they will enjoy working and that provides opportunities for career growth and advancement.

Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

meh
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2017
this company is really all about the money and unfortunately you can tell in each employees eyes. I enjoyed at first learning something new and the experience and people but became to much to fast and no good opportunities of growth
needed better management, dated
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
Preferred hotel, did many things very well, unfortunately too many areas that were managed poorly. Too many layers of management, No one held accountable for anything.
Pros
Historic hotel, held in high esteem from Milwaukee dining community
Cons
Union, Management hierarchy made no sense at all
Relaxed place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 30, 2017
Overall it is a nice place to work. Beautiful property, friendly people, fair pay, and good benefits. Extreme attention to detail is a must. If you are willing to put in the work, they will help you grow however they can.
Ick
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2017
I worked at the Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City.
At that time they had multiple general manager and HR people. I would never work at this particular hotel again due to leadership in all departments.
Cons
no breaks horrible management
Tough place for a che
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2017
My 1 year was a total beating. Always short staffed. No support from hr or my director. As for corporate, they never focused on the real picture of supporting the front line. Saw plenty of other management burn out and leave. If your in Milwaukee you will get supported well. Everyone else start looking for another opportunity.
Was given a 1% raise for doing a good job!
Pros
Payed the bills
Cons
Finally leaving at the end of the day
Much needed improvement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WINovember 8, 2017
The place needs new ownership and needs to invest in new equipment and reinvent itself. Busy place to work, pay needs to be more. New management needed and new direction.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
poor management
Great environment
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
Great working environment with opportunity to make ongoing decisions daily, with the opportunity to grow and excellent ongoing training; family based environment
Inconsistent hours
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2017
You could be scheduled 14 days with no day off, or scheduled 3 consecutive days off twice in a pay period. No consistency.
The training for the position was slim to none. Training was insufficient.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
inconsistent hours/ lack of training
Fast paced office environment in the hospitality industry.
Executive Administrative Asst. (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIOctober 29, 2017
Opportunity to meet and work with many people in numerous departments of the resort. Great employee recognition program. Offer benefits package with partial employer contribution. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great employees, meeting new people and learning new aspects of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight