Marcus Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Horrible job, horrible company
Group sales manager (Former Employee) –  Sheraton Chapel HillSeptember 4, 2018
I was hired to work at Marcus Hotels and Resorts and was never paid for the work I did. The corporate office and the local office do not seem to have any working relationship with each other. The Sheraton Chapel Hill would do best to find another management company to manage their property at the Marcus Hotel Group is a horrible management company. I would not recommend anybody working for or staying at the Sheraton Chapel Hill.
Pros
Cons
Horrible work environment Shady management company
An ok work place, good associates, unhelpful managers in house keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WISeptember 2, 2018
Its fast paced because there always short people. If someone is not in or called off you have to do there job on top of your own job. The house keeping manager isnt the best guy. Unhelpful i should say. 7 people quit their with in 1 month. The associates are great, customers are perfect, its jus the pay and manager.
Pros
Free lunches, guest surveys you
Cons
Short breaks, none helpable managers
Co workers fun to work management hard to get along and no sympathy for death related issues
Banquets set up, food runner, some front desk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2018
My transfer wasn’t properly handled to move to front desk manager said I can transfer after my last shift then turned around put on a mandatory meeting but my last day was Friday didn’t like how that was handled at all wasn’t scheduled anymore in the department after Friday smh
Pros
Being a Hilton member
Cons
Manager no employees skills
i really liked working there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2018
The hardest part of the day would be too many checkouts and too many floors for one person, other than that, you get to meet famous people such as a lot of basketball players.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
a lot of work.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We truly value associate feedback.

We know Housekeeping is hard work, especially on days with lots of checkouts. The Skirvin Hotel could not be successful without your efforts and dedication.

Please stop into HR and speak to your HR Director if you ever have questions or run into any issues you cannot solve. Feel free to stop her or the hotel General Manager in the Family Room during lunch too if that is more convenient.

Our goal is to continually improve our property and ensure that we Serve People, Create Memories and Deliver Exceptional experiences to our guests, clients and associates.

Horrible management
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
With new managers, expect a cut in your paycheck. Have worked events with more than 500 people and walked away with less than $100. Also there are a lot of issues with paychecks i.e. not getting the right amount of hours on checks or not getting paid for days that you have worked. Was sad to leave because the people working there were great but cannot put up with shady management.
Pros
Great break room with food, friendly coworkers
Cons
management, shady business.
August 27, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience. We have brought your comments to the attention of the HR Director for the Milwaukee market.

Hopefully you brought these concerns to someone's attention before you left. As you know we have an Open Door policy and also offer a confidential line for our associates to call if they are not comfortable discussing their concerns with someone on property.

If you continue to have concerns about how or what you where paid please feel free to call our corporate office at 414-905-1000 and ask for Human Resources. We always want to make sure you compensation is fair, accurate and timely.

Productive place to work
Culinary Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WI, USAJuly 1, 2018
Grand Geneva is a good hotel and good facilities. Being a line cook there wasn’t easy at all especially during weekdays and holiday and some of the kitchen staff has a bad attitude especially the sous chefs as well as the executive chef.
Pros
Free lunches
Very organized
Grand Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJune 11, 2018
Working at Grand Geneva was like working with family. Everyone was kind and happy and no one dreaded going to work. It felt safe, stress free, and extremely friendly anywhere on campus.
I'm so grateful
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2018
Marcus Corporation is an amazing company I'm lucky to have found. They really take care of their people, and it shows! I have been here 3 years, and have been given so many opportunities. Whenever I want to switch something up, I can easily move locations are work somewhere else! I have been given many promotions! Many of my ideas are appreciated, and implemented! Marcus really is an industry leader, and I feel like they're family! I can't tell my friends and family enough about Marcus Hotels & Resorts! If you're looking for an amazing career that will shape your future, Marcus is for you!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Coworkers, Management, Growth
Worst Company EVER
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
This company is extremely horrible. I worked there for over 10 years and there were never opportunities for minorities. Which seems a little racist to me when minorities are the ones that actually runs the inner working of the hotels.
Wasn't there long
Steward (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2018
I was only there for a short time however I want qiven a real chance to advance in the company, and was fired before I could really better myself as an employee.
Provides awesome work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2018
The pfister hotel provides a wonderful work environment for their employees with benefits health insurance and retirement plans the management helps and motivates their employees with educational opportunities
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Parking
June 4, 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. As you know we do our best to support and care for our associates. Our commitment and mission to Serve People, Create Memories and Deliver Exceptional Experiences flows from the top of our organization.

We realize parking in a large city like Milwaukee can be difficult to find and expensive. However, we do our best to offer convenient parking at a reasonable cost to our associates.We also offer bus pass and carpool discounts at many of our locations. Please check with your HR department for options, they will do their best to help.

Thank you again and good luck with your continued growth and success at Marcus Hotels & Resorts.

Productive and fun workplace
Payroll & Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2018
It is a nice place to work, I have had the pleasure of working with some fun people and learned a lot from them. The employee functions are a nice way to get to know other coworkers in other departments.
Pros
They provide us with free food lunch and dinner
Cons
Having to pay for parking
Exhausting place rife with incompetence
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2018
Constantly overstaffed so staff is very tense. Incompetent management and human resources team. Food poisoning reports from food outlets happened often and were hid from public
Pros
Cons
Draconian HR, constant supply shortage, gross employee food
Look elsewhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 11, 2018
Look elsewhere - managers are tense and overworked, making it a stressful environment. Constant turnover and tense environment. Everyone walks on eggshells.
March 22, 2018

We are very sorry you had an unfavorable impression of our hotel. We strive to provide a welcoming place of employment and would welcome an opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review.

terrible place to work, with poor management.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Management has clear favorites & very racist. Management does not appreciate their employees and dont provide the necessary tools to do the job. also very gross.
It is alright
Guest Services Agent & Hotel operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 25, 2018
The job is high stress with low pay. does not seem fair to pay someone so little to deal with such angry, demanding people. The hardest part of the job is the people yelling at you constantly.
good company to work for
Functions - Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 12, 2018
this is a good company to work for , great employees and bosses. good benefits, if you need time off the will work with you to get you the time off. big Christmas party.
March 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you know we strive to provide our team members a place they will enjoy working and that provides opportunities for career growth and advancement.

Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

meh
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 12, 2017
this company is really all about the money and unfortunately you can tell in each employees eyes. I enjoyed at first learning something new and the experience and people but became to much to fast and no good opportunities of growth
needed better management, dated
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
Preferred hotel, did many things very well, unfortunately too many areas that were managed poorly. Too many layers of management, No one held accountable for anything.
Pros
Historic hotel, held in high esteem from Milwaukee dining community
Cons
Union, Management hierarchy made no sense at all
Relaxed place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 30, 2017
Overall it is a nice place to work. Beautiful property, friendly people, fair pay, and good benefits. Extreme attention to detail is a must. If you are willing to put in the work, they will help you grow however they can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight