Marcus Theatres Employee Reviews

Relaxed work, slow paced with little rushes, Fun !
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 12, 2018
I work roughly 8 hours a day and always come home happy. Work is easy with a clear way to advance forward in the company. Free movies. $1 movie passes. Paid breaks. Free food if you work in the kitchen.
Fun people bad management
Theatre Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHNovember 6, 2018
Your day is good or bad depending on which managers are there, I learned how to be verbally lashed without retorting, just about everyone but the GM and assistant manager is great to work with and fair. The hardest part of the job is the people most the time but they are also the best part of the job
Pros
Free drinks and one free small slushee a day
Cons
Extremely rude management, horrible schedules for employees
Completely discouraging
Theater Associate (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILNovember 4, 2018
The managers where mean and childish and everything was so unorganized I was being worked hard but I wasn’t being respected for it I wasn’t being respected at all and the security was so poor my things were stolen there by an employee and no one did anything about it
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
The work was very fun, but poor compensation and working hours
Usher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 28, 2018
I was with the conpany for only a few months before moving out of state with my family at the time. But the job itself was good for a beginner in the workforce. I worked at concessions and then breifly as a theater usher, i didnt deal much with management. I enjoyed the work, however no full time opportunities were available so i worked very little hours, and the compensation was very lacking.
Pros
Fun work environment, great co workers, decent benefits
Cons
Short hours, poor compensation
Employees great, Management could have did better.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILOctober 26, 2018
Most employees that I worked with here very friendly, happy, nice coworkers. They got the job done as a team, and had very good communication skills. We here force too have all those things because the managers never listen, and we had to figure out everything on our own. For an example, every month we get new discounts, and we basically have to find out for ourselves with the discounts are and how to put them in the computer. The managers never let us know what deals we have, or what the deals are for. They never order the things we need. They had horrible communication .
Pros
Long breaks, nice clean environment.
Cons
Managers, Cutting hours
Young Management
Shift Lead / Bartender (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2018
Most of the Managers at Marcus Saint Charles 18 Cine are young, so not too much is expected, but the more senior managers have not proven to be capable leaders and all managers continuously fail to communicate with each other or their employees. In addition, few managers there take responsibility for their ignorance of topics or their employees insufficient training.
Great work place but sadly low pay
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILOctober 9, 2018
ive worked for this company for a little over a year and I have many fun memories from this place, most of them came from the people I worked with, we were like a family but the bad thing about it was the fact that sometimes you don't get many hours also the pay was kinda low
Great Atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOOctober 3, 2018
It’s overall a great place to work, but I do not receive enough pay to support myself. It is good for a part time job but not a full time job. The employees and managers are absolutely great to work with.
Great Part time job or starter job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people i worked with while i worked here and management was great to work with as well I spent over a year here and they had a very flexible schedule
Great for first job opportunities and work experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WISeptember 28, 2018
Busy during holidays and can be stressful at times but coworkers help make it more enjoyable. Though unless in some management position usually under pays in most other positions.

Want to know more about Marcus Theatres?

Ask a question
Loved the time spent
Operations Manager FT (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 7, 2018
I appreciate the great opportunities and positions Marcus Theatres has put me in. I fail in love with the movie industry at a young age and I am glad I got to experience it on corporate level.
Fast past work place, friendly co-workers
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 31, 2018
Help customers to their seating, behind desk customer service, and general cleaning. Enjoyed meeting customers and helping them enjoy their night out with family and friends.
Pros
Discount on food, free movie tickets if productive with your work and free popcorn
Cons
Short breaks
Great place for young individuals
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 29, 2018
To some it could be very stressful because it can become incredibly fast paced although they do not ask anything unrealistic of you

The management was a 5/10 not bad but not stellar

The pay is absolutely awful and should not be place you want to work if you need to pay the bills
Pros
Wonderful team and great people
Cons
Awful pay, very late nights
An Amazing place to work at
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAAugust 28, 2018
The staff the management the benefits and the whole experience working here is amazing no one is ever arguing with each other eveyone can collaborate and cooperate with each other making it a very stress free place
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Inconsistency with Managers and poor coworkers
Theatre Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 26, 2018
Many of the managers at the Brookfield location are inconsistent with hints that are deemed correct or incorrect. One manager will say something is okay while another disagrees. Many of the theatre side employees do not do their job well and end up causing me to do the work. They are also beginning to hire new high school aged employees for their first job and are getting paid higher than associates that have been working there before the pay increase which is only being offered to new employees. The vending stand is also extremely dirty and rarely, if ever deep cleaned. Overall, many of the personalities there are great and they are nice people. However, these are not the people I would want to work with but rather spend time outside of work with.
Pros
Free Movies, 30% discount on hot food 30 minutes before or after your shift
Cons
No breaks if your over 18, low pay, no benefits, rare opportunities for overtime
Good starting job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNAugust 13, 2018
Good place to start out and earn some cash. Do not work here too long unless you plan on becoming a manager. The pay is better as a manager and you get more hours, but there is less flexibility in asking for time off. More opportunity for raises as a manager.
Pros
Free movies, other minor discounts
Cons
No breaks, low pay
Great Job for teens or people without bills
Associate (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILAugust 9, 2018
This job is very great, you're able to learn things that can help you throughout life. Due to Tuesdays being discounted to the public, the job can be overwhelming but you're able to stick it out. Especially when managers are working with you. Everything is EVERYTHING at this location besides the pay.
Cons
pay, compensations, salary
Fun interesting work place
Ride Operator/Laser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
Working at the Funset Boulevard of Marcus Theaters was pretty interesting. Had a lot of different type of people who worked there and all other workers were friendly and easy to get along with. You also got to meet a variety of people although on average most are young kids and their parents.
Pros
free game tokens, half off discount for employees, free entry to rides, and free movies.
Cons
entry level associate job is ie part time is low paying.
all around fun and upbeat place to work
Theatre attendant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIJuly 18, 2018
fast paced and upbeat, everyone works together nicely to make sure things run smoothly. good management who work with you with you on hours and time off.
Pros
movies
Decent high school job, but no opportunity for advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNJuly 13, 2018
I got this job when I was 17. It was a very fun and carefree work environment, but into my college years I realized there was little opportunity for advancement or even a pay raise. Other than that, I would highly recommend this job for a high schooler!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight