Marcus Theatres Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Job for teens or people without bills
Associate (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILAugust 9, 2018
This job is very great, you're able to learn things that can help you throughout life. Due to Tuesdays being discounted to the public, the job can be overwhelming but you're able to stick it out. Especially when managers are working with you. Everything is EVERYTHING at this location besides the pay.
Cons
pay, compensations, salary
Fun interesting work place
Ride Operator/Laser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
Working at the Funset Boulevard of Marcus Theaters was pretty interesting. Had a lot of different type of people who worked there and all other workers were friendly and easy to get along with. You also got to meet a variety of people although on average most are young kids and their parents.
Pros
free game tokens, half off discount for employees, free entry to rides, and free movies.
Cons
entry level associate job is ie part time is low paying.
all around fun and upbeat place to work
Theatre attendant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIJuly 18, 2018
fast paced and upbeat, everyone works together nicely to make sure things run smoothly. good management who work with you with you on hours and time off.
Pros
movies
Decent high school job, but no opportunity for advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNJuly 13, 2018
I got this job when I was 17. It was a very fun and carefree work environment, but into my college years I realized there was little opportunity for advancement or even a pay raise. Other than that, I would highly recommend this job for a high schooler!
Not a great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 30, 2018
Long hours including minor compensation for work. I mostly felt under appreciated as an employee and almost more so as an assistant manager. I would not reccommend
Need better management
Bartender, Banquet bartending, server (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 27, 2018
Marcus has poor training & advancement opportunities. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the health & safety standards were complied with, I have learned that I have high standards and will not waver them even under stressful situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving the customers, and working with my co-workers whom were amazing and work as a team.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks, no suport from managers, limited training and advancemet opportunities
Good Starter Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 23, 2018
Its a good place to work at if you are 16 and needing a job. You get access to free movies and giant bags of pop corn which is always a plus. But the work, it can be a little grueling and stressful.
Fun work place, terrible management.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 18, 2018
Good job for high schoolers. I would not say this is a job for older adults. This is not a job you could make a career. I would say that this is a great first job for teenagers.
Cashier Usher Food Service
Theater Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 9, 2018
All Jobs are pretty easy to learn but the customers frequently harass the employees because of the prices of the products. Scheduling is a frequent issue with the managers scheduling you for days you said you weren't available for.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Bad GM, Pay, Moral, Very High Employee Turnover
Slow paced
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 6, 2018
Go into work, serve some customers and then left. I didn't learn anything. Poor management. Slow paced. The hardest part about the job was standing and doing nothing. The best thing was probably the free movies.
Co-workers are around the same age so that’s a plus. Fun Environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJune 5, 2018
The managers are rude and aren’t fond of the kids. That’s the only part that’s bad plus the scheduling. If people need more hours they should be able to pick them up but no because of the rare of pay. Even shift leads get paid below minimum wage. A typical day at work isn’t so bad but it depends on the peope you work with that day.
Pros
30% discount on food. Free popcorn and drinks.
Cons
Poor management. Schedule issues.
Love/Hate relationship
Ussher/concessions (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 3, 2018
This job definitely resembles a love/hate relationship. Most of the coworkers I had were great. Despite the long, grueling hours we worked and the people we had to deal with, we often made work fun. When you have to work until 2 in the morning some nights, you get to know people very well! Before working here, I was a bit shy. Not only did work force me to talk more but everyone here was so outgoing and fun it forced me to be, too. I definitely learned the true meaning of working hard, however I only got paid minimum wage here. The reasons why i left include low pay, long/crazy hours, and schedule flexibility. Also you often didn't get breaks if you were 18 or older.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low pay, hard work
Good job to work at
Usher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2018
It is a fun work i like the job so far and i would recommend this job to someone my age because its a good job and the job has great management and it os good coworkers
fun people, fun place
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 23, 2018
honestly i loved working at the Marcus, though many people are very ignorant and difficult to deal with and like to think they know how to do your job better than you do
Fun and fast paced work environment
F&B Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2018
Long work hours, work life balance doesn't exist if you are a member of the management team. Can be fun and fast paced work environment. Too many managers giving different direction, can be very confusing as to what to do first and how to prioritize.
Pros
fun
Cons
long days
Fun
Concessions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 16, 2018
Great place to work. If you like a fast-paced and friendly enviroment its a great place to work. The management is very good at helping you advance in to higher positions if you wish to do so.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHMay 14, 2018
Its ok for high school students to work there. The schedule is flexible, and they try their best to work around your school schedule. The people are friendly, and helpful
Pros
Discount
Cons
Shortage of people
Cashier at Marcus
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMay 7, 2018
I did not get enough pay for the amount of work and time I had put into the job and I wasn’t moving up in the operation. I personally wasn’t very pleased with the organization.
Pros
Discounts and free movies
Cons
Not enough pay too many hours late shifts
eh
Theater Crew (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 18, 2018
It was my first job and it was not bad, got to work with many friends and cool people, just the management was terrible. They treated everyone like slaves and if you were over 18 you had no breaks at all no matter how long you worked. Would not recommend to anyone I like.
Pros
free movies
Cons
almost everything
Fun, easy-learning, and beneficial
Theatre Associate (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIApril 16, 2018
If you are young and want a good time and work with people your age, work at marcus. It is a great first job that is for sure. You'll become a better person by getting in touch with your social skills. The labor is easy and not too tough on you.
Pros
All the movies you can see
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight