Marcus Theatres Employee Reviews

Fast past work place, friendly co-workers
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 31, 2018
Help customers to their seating, behind desk customer service, and general cleaning. Enjoyed meeting customers and helping them enjoy their night out with family and friends.
Pros
Discount on food, free movie tickets if productive with your work and free popcorn
Cons
Short breaks
Great place for young individuals
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 29, 2018
To some it could be very stressful because it can become incredibly fast paced although they do not ask anything unrealistic of you

The management was a 5/10 not bad but not stellar

The pay is absolutely awful and should not be place you want to work if you need to pay the bills
Pros
Wonderful team and great people
Cons
Awful pay, very late nights
An Amazing place to work at
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAAugust 28, 2018
The staff the management the benefits and the whole experience working here is amazing no one is ever arguing with each other eveyone can collaborate and cooperate with each other making it a very stress free place
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Inconsistency with Managers and poor coworkers
Theatre Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 26, 2018
Many of the managers at the Brookfield location are inconsistent with hints that are deemed correct or incorrect. One manager will say something is okay while another disagrees. Many of the theatre side employees do not do their job well and end up causing me to do the work. They are also beginning to hire new high school aged employees for their first job and are getting paid higher than associates that have been working there before the pay increase which is only being offered to new employees. The vending stand is also extremely dirty and rarely, if ever deep cleaned. Overall, many of the personalities there are great and they are nice people. However, these are not the people I would want to work with but rather spend time outside of work with.
Pros
Free Movies, 30% discount on hot food 30 minutes before or after your shift
Cons
No breaks if your over 18, low pay, no benefits, rare opportunities for overtime
Good starting job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNAugust 13, 2018
Good place to start out and earn some cash. Do not work here too long unless you plan on becoming a manager. The pay is better as a manager and you get more hours, but there is less flexibility in asking for time off. More opportunity for raises as a manager.
Pros
Free movies, other minor discounts
Cons
No breaks, low pay
Great Job for teens or people without bills
Associate (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILAugust 9, 2018
This job is very great, you're able to learn things that can help you throughout life. Due to Tuesdays being discounted to the public, the job can be overwhelming but you're able to stick it out. Especially when managers are working with you. Everything is EVERYTHING at this location besides the pay.
Cons
pay, compensations, salary
Fun interesting work place
Ride Operator/Laser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 18, 2018
Working at the Funset Boulevard of Marcus Theaters was pretty interesting. Had a lot of different type of people who worked there and all other workers were friendly and easy to get along with. You also got to meet a variety of people although on average most are young kids and their parents.
Pros
free game tokens, half off discount for employees, free entry to rides, and free movies.
Cons
entry level associate job is ie part time is low paying.
all around fun and upbeat place to work
Theatre attendant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIJuly 18, 2018
fast paced and upbeat, everyone works together nicely to make sure things run smoothly. good management who work with you with you on hours and time off.
Pros
movies
Decent high school job, but no opportunity for advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNJuly 13, 2018
I got this job when I was 17. It was a very fun and carefree work environment, but into my college years I realized there was little opportunity for advancement or even a pay raise. Other than that, I would highly recommend this job for a high schooler!
Not a great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 30, 2018
Long hours including minor compensation for work. I mostly felt under appreciated as an employee and almost more so as an assistant manager. I would not reccommend

Want to know more about Marcus Theatres?

Ask a question
Need better management
Bartender, Banquet bartending, server (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 27, 2018
Marcus has poor training & advancement opportunities. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the health & safety standards were complied with, I have learned that I have high standards and will not waver them even under stressful situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving the customers, and working with my co-workers whom were amazing and work as a team.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks, no suport from managers, limited training and advancemet opportunities
Good Starter Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 23, 2018
Its a good place to work at if you are 16 and needing a job. You get access to free movies and giant bags of pop corn which is always a plus. But the work, it can be a little grueling and stressful.
Fun work place, terrible management.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 18, 2018
Good job for high schoolers. I would not say this is a job for older adults. This is not a job you could make a career. I would say that this is a great first job for teenagers.
Cashier Usher Food Service
Theater Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 9, 2018
All Jobs are pretty easy to learn but the customers frequently harass the employees because of the prices of the products. Scheduling is a frequent issue with the managers scheduling you for days you said you weren't available for.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Bad GM, Pay, Moral, Very High Employee Turnover
Slow paced
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 6, 2018
Go into work, serve some customers and then left. I didn't learn anything. Poor management. Slow paced. The hardest part about the job was standing and doing nothing. The best thing was probably the free movies.
Co-workers are around the same age so that’s a plus. Fun Environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJune 5, 2018
The managers are rude and aren’t fond of the kids. That’s the only part that’s bad plus the scheduling. If people need more hours they should be able to pick them up but no because of the rare of pay. Even shift leads get paid below minimum wage. A typical day at work isn’t so bad but it depends on the peope you work with that day.
Pros
30% discount on food. Free popcorn and drinks.
Cons
Poor management. Schedule issues.
Love/Hate relationship
Ussher/concessions (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 3, 2018
This job definitely resembles a love/hate relationship. Most of the coworkers I had were great. Despite the long, grueling hours we worked and the people we had to deal with, we often made work fun. When you have to work until 2 in the morning some nights, you get to know people very well! Before working here, I was a bit shy. Not only did work force me to talk more but everyone here was so outgoing and fun it forced me to be, too. I definitely learned the true meaning of working hard, however I only got paid minimum wage here. The reasons why i left include low pay, long/crazy hours, and schedule flexibility. Also you often didn't get breaks if you were 18 or older.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low pay, hard work
Good job to work at
Usher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2018
It is a fun work i like the job so far and i would recommend this job to someone my age because its a good job and the job has great management and it os good coworkers
fun people, fun place
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 23, 2018
honestly i loved working at the Marcus, though many people are very ignorant and difficult to deal with and like to think they know how to do your job better than you do
Fun and fast paced work environment
F&B Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2018
Long work hours, work life balance doesn't exist if you are a member of the management team. Can be fun and fast paced work environment. Too many managers giving different direction, can be very confusing as to what to do first and how to prioritize.
Pros
fun
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marcus Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight