Maria Parham Health Employee Reviews

4.8
Ratings breakdown
I enjoy my work at Maria Parham Health!
PRN Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 30, 2018
My job at MPH is a perfect match for my needs. I am actually interested in doing more hours within the MPH arena. I work with a great group of people.
Productive, diverse cultureral place to work for
CNA+4 Rehab Unit (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Night shifts are a time when pts recover and rest from their hard work, after doing therapy, and to prepare for the next day. They usually are ready for bed early. I learned to not judge a book by its cover. All patients recovery is different, and are not to be compared to others with the same condition. When I first started working for MPH, morale was at an all-time High, now it is rather low. Partly due to many changes, (ie) insurances, salary, hours of work and bonuses. I loved how we got Christmas bonuses each year. Becuase I work on a rehab unit, the hardest part of my job was to learn to let the patients do for themselves and only help when absolutely necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see a patient progress from a stroke, surgery, car accident, or brain injury, and progress to the point of going home to function on their own. MPH has a multicultural staff. I enjoy working with people from other countries, diverse cultures, and religions. It has allowed me to view the world through the eyes of another.
Cons
salary, bonuses, insurance changes, no food for night shift
I only volunteered here in the 90s
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 3, 2017
I don't know of the culture since I do not live around there anymore. Sorry, I can't advance to the next screen until I write a review. The ED looks nice.
Patient Friendly environment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 8, 2017
I was able to work with the patients. The patients make it worth while getting up and going in Monday thur Friday. I enjoy working with families and patients
Pros
close to home
Cons
department management