Marian Manor Nursing Home

Marian Manor Nursing Home Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
Short-staffed at times. Unable to get help when needed especially from management until a dire problem arises. Then that is when fingers are being pointed. If small issues were dealt with from the start a lot of problems could have been avoided.
staff and managers did not work together which created a diificult work environment. not enough staff, so i dont think the residents were getting the care they deserved
Cons
too many residents, not enough staff
We enjoy working together and we used to compete as well. I learned how to ay clean and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers; as appropriate to the area of operation.
Washes pots, pans, and other serviceware ensuring sanitary handling; organizes and replaces serviceware to appropriate location.

May perform cashiering duties, as required.

May provide guidance and training to other employees performing related work.

Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Marian Manor give you the chance to be a part of the health team. It was an enjoyable place to work, where everyday set new challenges to overcome.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
a typical day at work is I come in at 7am and check my residents and get them ready for the day. I learned how to take care of elderly people who are sick with dementia. I love my co workers, they make my job very more relaxed and a fun atmosphere. hardest part of my job is when my resident passes away. the most enjoyable is making memories and taking care of my residents.
Pros
doubles we get free meal pass
Cons
not enough shifts to pick up
check the residents get reports follow up calls to MD, families and call to the pharmacy start med pass, treatments write notes
Pros
work keep busy i feel good when i care a patient and gets well
Cons
depress when my resident dies
A nice and safe place to work. I've learned how to deal so many health challenges. The place is very well managed with dedicated and enjoyable staff. QUANTITY of staff hands is an issue but is UNIVERSAL in health care.
Pros
Flexible schedule
i worked at Marion manor as a beginner, they were very welcoming. i enjoyed evey single day of my work.
I work moring shift. Then management is not bad .I learn about team work. We have fun always with co workers. The hardest job is when we loose our resident because we are so close them . The most enjoyable part of the job is to make happy the resident .
Pros
some times we get free luche in holidays and icecream
Cons
They have health insurance
I like when I'm at work because these people are so enjoyable to work with especially the one who like to tell stories. The hardest part is that some co-workers bring their problems to work with them and that sometimes can cause a lot of confusion between us by not understanding each other. I learn a lot from my job. The people that I work with are like my teacher, advisor etc.
Pros
I like my job. The residents are very nice
Cons
There are times that they do not want to be bother.
A great place to work, to get hands on knowledge for first time nurses.
This, like any other nursing home, is difficult because of the financial strain placed on nursing homes. Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rates are too low. This is a nice Catholic nursing home where they always put the residents first. That is the way it should be.
This is one of the most unprofessional places to work in the dietary field. The management goes by favorites and there is no professionalism or structure in this establishment.
pretty boring. I worked security in a nursing home. It was overly regimented for what it was... a nursing home.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
stuck at a typewriter writing the exact same sentence every 15 minutes, confusing pay scale
Meds administration
Treatments

Staff education

Siminars
nothing enjoyable, selfish co worker, learn nothing, not enough staffs, always feel sick in my way to work
Pros
expensive food, no flavor
Cons
healthcare
It was the most wonderful experience i had with working with elderly people. This has motivaed me to wanna work with people.
I love working @ Marian Manor, any job that conist of helping others.