Marian Manor Employee Reviews

Stressful, scary. Management Cutting down on auxiliary nurses (MDS, Ext)
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAMay 31, 2019
At Marian Manor, it’s scary to work as a nurse. Unfair patient to nurse ratios 25-30 patients for one nurse and 2 CNAs. 90% of patients are fall risks and incontinent . ( on LTC floors) Nuns constantly interrupting nurses during Med pass. Mice overrunning the facility. So severely understaffed that there are more agency than staff nurses. More often than not, relief wouldn’t show up.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
No breaks
Basic work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2018
Basic nursing home work. Its was a nice facility. Had a lot of family members involved. You got a lot of overtime and hours. But they have a shortage on CNAs
Working at Marian Manor
Licensed Practical Nurse- Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 30, 2018
My typical day at this work place involved medication administration, monitoring the residents, answering phone calls, transcribing orders, a little security and lock up at night. overall the duties weren't bad.
Pros
The job duties weren't hard
Cons
Difficult night staff
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2018
Internship, help with billing, schedule, help at the nurse station. I also help with the marketing department and setting up for the events and help with any needs of the patients.
Workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 10, 2017
. no team work
learned how to be independent
management tried to understand never really helped
dealing with the nurses when caring for patients
Activite time
Part time volunteer
Clinical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MANovember 13, 2017
Part time volunteer at the nursing home in South Boston. The staff is friendly and helpful. Their main focus on helping their patients, and making their lives easier and more enjoyable. The elderly residents are largely friendly as well (though some have medical conditions that affect how they see the world). The nurses are professional and hard working. The activity staff are devoted to their residents and are always thinking of ways to entertain them. The nursing home is run by a covenant of nuns, the Carmelite nuns. They are truly the heart of the nursing home. They give a strong sense of purpose to all the efforts thought the home.
Pros
Kind Staff, Truly believe in their work, Strong religious values of caring
Cons
Busy, a bit of a confusing layout of the building
Co-workers are great to work with
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is very hard working.
Is a 5 star facility.
Good communication.
Manager is always able to work with your schedule.
The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers and being with the residents.
Excellent Care
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/ HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2017
As a CNA at Marian Manor, My job was to give care to elderly people with compassion and helping them with their needs. Taking care of people is my passion.
Pros
Good people
Cons
breaks time is short
fun environment. Very diverse
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 10, 2017
Its a great company to work for. Very diverse. The Rehab unit has some of the best nurses and therapist anyone could ask for. The easiest part of at the job is, the teamwork and great staffing. The hardest part is getting attached to some of the residents and see them pass away. I have learned that everyone needs help at times and to treat everyone with respect and dignity that they deserve. even if they are hard patients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Na
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
I love to use my hands and cooking is one of my favorites. Working here was a great experience. The staff was always helpful and made you feel comfortable.
The job is a place where you give good care and work as a great team
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 27, 2016
As a CNA working in assitant living now im giving care to elderly people with compassion,
dressing, shower, transportation, passing medication,and helping them with their needs.
Taking care of people is my passion.
Good place to get hours but with demeaning attitude toward low-level workers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2016
The job is not a glorious one, you help prepare and deliver meals to nursing home residents. For a Catholic institution, however, it is remarkably uncharitable towards low-level workers. The administration staff often treats dietary workers, as well as nurses and nurse assistants, quite poorly. This was true when I worked there several years ago, so it may very well be different now. Look for a more recent review of this employer.
Family friendly
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Ullin, NDJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be to get people up for meals and activities and make sure they look presentable because they may have family coming to see them.
What I have learned from this job is that nothing is not just black and white. I also learned to be a little more patient with people. Management is pretty good they listen when you tell them you are having a personal problem and they do try to help to the best of their power. co-workers are kind to a point they help with the work load so you really are not alone. The hardest part of the job would be working with an incorporative resident. The most enjoyable part is talking to all of the residents and learning a little something new about them everyday.
Pros
working with the residents
Cons
getting hurt by the residents
not a productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAFebruary 1, 2016
staff and managers did not work together which created a diificult work environment. not enough staff, so i dont think the residents were getting the care they deserved
Cons
too many residents, not enough staff
It was productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2015
I enjoy working and helping others and this job was very rewarding for me. I like the work. They worked with me as for as my schedule and time.
productive fun enviornment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MAJuly 21, 2015
a typical day at work is I come in at 7am and check my residents and get them ready for the day. I learned how to take care of elderly people who are sick with dementia. I love my co workers, they make my job very more relaxed and a fun atmosphere. hardest part of my job is when my resident passes away. the most enjoyable is making memories and taking care of my residents.
Pros
doubles we get free meal pass
Cons
not enough shifts to pick up
productive place
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2015
work all day
take breaks in between shift
to appreciate residents
the management is disorganized
keep the residents room clean as much as possible
you leave during the day time
Pros
free drinks and free lunches on holidays
Cons
short breaks and no benefits
Was a great learning experience and gave me an appreciation for the elderly
Assistant Dietary Manager/ Cook Night supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2013
Long hours and hard work but the people made all the difference and made it a fun environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marian Manor. Our community is ready to answer.