Mariani Nut Company Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
RECRUITING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAMarch 12, 2019
Opportunity to advance, great benefits, flexible schedule, excellent wellness program, Yoga, Bootcamp and Zumba classes offered to employees for free, trainer on-site.
Hectic during season then no work and layoff half the company no warning at all.
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Some decent supervisors but mostly incopetent people who cant run the machine their in charge of by the time I left I was able to operate a forklift as well as many other heavy machinery that my supervisor didn't have any clue how to use i was continuously give more and more work and task with absolutely no help or Incentive i was never taken off seasonal employment and kept on as so for just under two years before I left to seek an opportunity that could advance me further in life
January 14, 2019

We currently hire seasonal employees (Aug-Dec) and the company fully discloses the job they are accepting is short-term. All seasonal hires are given assessments every 90 days and depending on whether an employee passes or fails determines if the employee is eligible for permanent status.

We do offer on-the-job training and encourage employee growth!!

There was good people there the management wasn’t that good when I was there
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Would work 10hrs and the people there would make the day a little Earhart because there pretty friendly I learned how to pack and sort stuff I guess hardest part of the job was probably just standing or sitting all day
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Kinda stressful
it was ok if you fit in and was liked
Conveyor belt (Former Employee) –  Winters Ca.December 12, 2018
I was hired threw temp agency I needed money bad no matter if they liked me or not which at first they tried to make me quit because I was white, I worked hard they got to know me and loved me. But they are pretty much a company of there own race so they wouldn’t give me a permanent position, or a raise, or days off I wanted. Out of 9 different layoffs in 3 years they kept me until temp agency sued them and won.
Pros
Working 10 hour days
Cons
Not understanding spanish
January 14, 2019

Unfortunately it appears you have posted your comments under the wrong company. At Mariani Nut Company in Winters we do not use "temp agency's" to recruit for employees. Upon hire, we offer all of our season employees reviews every 90 days to gauge their progress. In each case we extend goals on how to successfully join our team as a permanent employee.

Our company embraces diversity and we are extremely proud to be an employer of multi-cultures!

Excelente compañeros y atmósfera de trabajo
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 26, 2018
En toda empresa el trabajo es difícil porque nada es fácil,especialmente manejando contenedores o pallets de producto con el forklift.por lo que hay que ser extremadamente precavido y muy responsable para que el ambiente en el trabajo resulte más ameno y confortable.
Pros
Amplia cobertura
Cons
A veces no hay tiempo para un descanso
worked alot of hours during peak season
WAREHOUSE WORKER II (Former Employee) –  winters californiaSeptember 6, 2018
marinanis was a great place to work as far as employees go. They had a lot of illegals working there and ex convicts. they gave them a chance to be productive A plus rating there. As far as pay well they paid very poorly taking advantage of people and there circumstances. They aid a experienced forklift driver 11 dollars per hour where there counterpart Blue diamond paid 22.50 per hour for the same job
Pros
2nd lunch was paid
Cons
low wages
January 14, 2019

All of the employees working at Mariani Nut Company have established their legal right to work in the United States. Our rates of pay are fair and in line with similar manufacturing companies in our area.

Upon hire, all seasonal employees are reviewed every 90 days to document their progress. Employees are given goals on how to successfully become a permanent employee.

Warehouse Work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAMay 29, 2018
Great Job and Hours for Temporary Work. Management was great, the coworkers were great. Enough work to keep you going in and out season. During the Season, Plenty of work to suffice all employees
Pros
Good Hours
Needs Improvement, especially with the staff
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2018
The work environment is OK however if is very clear the lack of teamwork there is in the company. Managers lack leadership skills - all they do is give orders and that is it. No support at all.
Pros
Cons
health benefits is not the greatest and likely the type of company does not give raises.
productive place
Stock Pile Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Long hours but great management who make u feel like your effort is being appreciated. Had early shifts and office type of surroundings. Did not work in the warehouse.
workers that have been there for a long period of time were rude and unprofessional
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winters, CADecember 10, 2017
long work days, rude co workers and supervisors. I would take a couple almonds and chart there sizes and weight them. I would do that every 30 minutes. fill out the sheet throughout the day and turn it in to my supervisor.
Productive environment and fast paced
Walnut Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winters, CASeptember 11, 2017
Mariani Nut Company is a great company to for. Great management, great staff, great environment. They offer great healthcare and compensation. I would defiantly recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
great environment
Cons
More work than you can shake a stick at.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winters, CAJune 26, 2017
I liked this company, unfortunately the job I was doing was too strenuous for me.
The office people are wonderful and the employees are wonderful too.
I would hope that at a later time maybe they will hire me at a different job.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Some jobs are seasonal
Fun place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAApril 17, 2017
I was a good experience very friendly staff and very nice schedule.. nice environment and they have personal for so long time to makes you feel like home.
Pros
30 lunch
Cons
Brakes hard to take
It's like a sweat shop.
Lead operator/Lead forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 17, 2017
They work you VERY long hours for Very little pay.sometimes you don't even get your mandatory breaks. Favoritism is a HUGE thing with this company.i would NEVER recommend this job to ANYONE that has even the slightest bit of self respect.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Everything listed above!Horrible pay, horrible work environment, and even worse management.
Great Salary and benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Receive orders, type orders into spreadsheets. Meetings with owners and salesmen. Take calls from food brokers and truck brokers. Schedule pick up and deliveries. Handle and solve all customer complaints. Positive workplace. I learned about walnuts/almond: varieties, sizes.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAJanuary 19, 2017
It was cool working with big machines that process nuts and being able to understand that you can do that for you and your family..I learned that I was able to process nuts
Pros
Free products
Cons
Monthly shift rotation
hard work and no team work
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  709 duttonMarch 15, 2016
my job Is very productive but really hard and with no help they pay ok but the work place is dangerous and not a team at all just a bunch of people yelling
Nice place to work
Engineer/Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAMay 23, 2014
Family owned and run company. They are really nice people. Most people work in the warehouses or in processing plants, though they are expanding and adding a few professionals.
GREAT Experience
On-Site Manager/Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winters, CASeptember 14, 2012
I managed over 300+ Employees on a daily basis. My co-worker worked as a team in effort of being a succesful Company as a whole.

The hardest part of my job was memorizing all the names and faces.
Pros
love the people and company as a whole.
Cons
contract with mariani nut co. ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariani Nut Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Mariani Nut Company Reviews by Location