Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Review

View all Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital reviews

Beautiful workplace with friendly and knowledgable staff. Maintains excellence in quality of patient care.
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 23, 2013
I worked at Marianjoy as an RN student under the supervision and tutilage of an RN preceptor. As a student I was not employed, but did work two shifts per week. The nurses there are professional in their conversation and conduct. They are very knowledgable regarding disease processes, specific patient populations, needs of the patients and their families for rehabilitation and teaching. I learned a great deal about the rehabilitation process for patients with hip and knee replacement and those with brain injury. The interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, physical and occupational therapists and social workers worked in close conjunction with patient and family to bring about the best possible outcome for each patient. It was very rewarding to be part of this process.

A typical day involves first receiving report, meeting patients, giving report to CNAs and coordinating care for the shift, gathering medications. The nurses daily assist patients as needed with activities of daily living, pass medications, perform ordered dressing changes and other therapies, assess patient and family learning needs and address these, follow nursing care plan and amend as necessary, assess for problems and progress toward rehabilitation goals. Interactions with patients and their families, nursing staff and CNAs, physicians, physical and occupational therapists regarding patient needs, problems and progress occur on an ongoing basis.

Pros
Facility has a well formulated philosophy that is followed. Staff are knowledgable, friendly, and professional.
Cons
Staffing can change based on patient population by nursing director as shift is beginning, at times creating some confusion and adjustment.

Other Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work environment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 1, 2018
When I first joined Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, I was very impressed by the culture, as well as the outstanding patient care. It was a very employee-friendly environment. The most difficult time of my employment there was the restructuring and elimination of our department.
I love this place
Northwestern, Clinical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 24, 2018
Although my experience here was great I enjoyed my time working here at MarianJoy it's just time to move on. There is no overtime available but we have great benefits.