Marianna Industries Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and room for advancement
Quality Assurance Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2018
Great for anyone interested in learning about manfuacturing of personal care products and for anyone who has an interest in the beauty industry. Room for advancement. Lack of benefits and low salaries however; overtime is available for employees in the manfuacturing areas.
OK To learn new Skills
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2018
This company has was of learning new skills or brushing up on skills you have not use in a while. You do have a hard time advancing with the company.
Not a good place to work
NA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2017
Upper management is super sketchy, CFO recently left, management does not care about their employees, working 60+ hours a week for $9.50/hr. Stay away from this place, don't risk having to find new employment within 1 week of working here. All they talk about it culture but never do anything about it. Don't waste your time.
Pre Weigh Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68137October 11, 2017
Good job, Just company owner redirection got a bit difficult after so many changes in such little amount of time. The managers were good people they just had a lot to deal with!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management/ownership
the co-workers and they provided food ventors
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
if you like a fast-pace, on your feet, and packing boxes this job is for you time will fly. sometime you might do mandatory work on the weekend or come in at 5 in the morning
Pros
co-workers and discounts on the products
Cons
nothing
supportive
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2017
I worked with a very supportive boss and team. Always encouraging and helpful. The manager was particular on how and when she trained new individuals in new tasks.
If desperate
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2017
okay company to work for if you are desperate for a job. Is not consistent with pay and raises are barely existent. Promotions are based on favoritism. Pay is extremely low for the work you do.
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks
Extreme Conditions and poor communications
2nd Shift Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2017
The building is a former distribution center and is poorly ventilated. On the production floors you may be working with hydrogen peroxide, acetone, detergents, and other chemicals. Spills are frequent and production staff can be slow to clean them up. If you have allergies or skin sensitivities you may want to avoid this factory. Also, you will experience extreme temperatures. Communications between management and production is inadequate, and this sometimes can lead to confusion and production issues. They increased pay after I left, but there is little chance of further pay increases, and advancement is unlikely. Three executive officers were fired while I worked there. Nearly all the quality control inspectors I worked with either quit or were fired, with a couple of exceptions. This is a very physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding job that can be occasionally frustrating.
Pros
Hours are okay if you are flexible.
Cons
Very negative work environment, motivated by fear.
Worst place I ever worked
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2017
Worst place I ever worked!
Management will talk to you like your worth nothing... they will make you stay over without letting you know ahead of time. The pay is no where near the work you actually do. You work so hard for little. People walk out the job after about 2 weeks of working there. Never ever seen the turn over rate so bad. I don't not recommend this place to anyone. The only good things are good about Mariana is that the employees are great people, but they are worth way more then 10$ hour for what they do, and also the company store to buy products........
Pros
Discount products, employees
Cons
Work environment, safety issues, management, pay, everything
Dark and Horrible
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 4, 2017
Upper management ruled with no leadership, skill set, and no knowledge. Pay was awful and the hours were long and expected. There was no family/life balance, and you needed to be 100% about the job with no training, resources, or tools. The motto was "Do More with Less". Benefits were available but were not affordable as company did not contribute much toward this, and the pay was low. The workplace culture was dark and repressive. Started looking for another position with another company almost immediately after hire.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper Management, pay, benefits
Do more with less... and dont mind the harrassment or hostility.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2017
I really loved the job and my coworkers. Upper management, Directors, and HR need to pull their heads out and start appreciating all of the time and effort their workers put in.
Pros
Good people working with you.
Cons
almost everything else
Coordinator
Shoe Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St.thomasApril 23, 2017
Organized shoes by their specific features and colors . I also tagged shoes for sale. Received and signed for shipment supply. Responsible for having a clean and safe surrounding.
management is terrible no raises because company is too broke.
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2017
always something different
fixed computers printers
installed software
people are nice and friendly
management is poor
equipment needs to be updated. Something was always broke. The heat in our department did not work all winter.
Drama filled work place and the bad out weighed the good in my opinion
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2017
They treat there employees like there nothing and everybody is replaceable but as long as you stay out there way and do what you need to do it can go smoothly just better hope nobody is spreading a rumor about you because they are quick to go off hearsay
Pros
They have a store every thursday they give u a walmart bag full of there product for just a dollar
Cons
Exspensive food for little quality
production
Chemical Compounder / transfer tech (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
I would come in clock in see my lead to get my batch sheets make sure i have everything i need for the batch make sure my tank has been clean ifso i would start my batch
Interesting Company trying to expand
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2017
The company suffers from employing a number of people from temp agencies with a high turnover on the off shifts. A more stable workforce would create better efficiencies and improve the bottom line.
Free Coffee
Quality Assurance Technician / Odor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, it was a growing company and was were always more programs and procedure to learn. There was a good safety program there.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
horrorable enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Great people within the company trying to make it work but the culture from the upper management is atrocious. Turn and burn employees, do not recognize those that put in a true effort to make the company succeed. Poor planning is the biggest downfall, as it is all about getting numbers to the board.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
No future
Nice work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2016
Respectful workplace that I enjoyed. Everything I feel I couldn't do it was always somebody there to show me the way things work
Pros
Love to help
Cons
Lack of work
Good place to work.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2016
They care about family and needing to take time off if needed. You can ask for help and they will work with you. You are on the phone a lot and I was able to enhance my communications skills with co-workers, management, and customers. The co-workers we knowledgeable for their positions and enjoyed their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work easily with co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marianna Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9