Mariano's
57Below average

Mariano's Employee Reviews

United States605 reviews
Good working here temporarily
Not a job you'd want to invest yourself fully in. Other than that work life balance is alright. You stock inventory and phase thats it.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not enough time
The lack of leadership at the company is basically non-existent. Extremely sexist to female employees as well as disregard for health issues. Overall I had a very bad experience working here.
Pros
Employees were awesome
Cons
Night supervisor was extremely rude
I didn't like it there. Was fun for a first job at first, but management was/is constantly changing, and my department was constantly understaffed causing an extremely stressful environment
I worked here for a few months before I quit. I was an associate and mainly did pick up and register. What I disliked most about this company is how they make it seem like its such an exclusive place to shop at. While this is not necessarily an issue, it draws in some of the most self entitled, rude customers that you can imagine. Every customer here acts like they are in the 1% and treat you as such. This place is filled with pompous middle aged men and women who think and act like they are better than you. Management is a joke and closing the store is a pain. For those who are going into the "maintenance" position, you will be required to clean bathrooms and they do get bad. If you are outgoing and truly like interacting with individuals, then this might be the place for you.
Cons
Some of the most ignorant, self deserving entitled customers you will ever meet
I loved the bakery management team and all of my former co-workers. The Bakery was a family and they did a lot for each other. I remember fun nights working and cleaning the whole bakery. It didn't seem like work but people hanging out. If you ever work in the bakery here it's one of the best departments to work in.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Mariano's is a great place to work if you are looking for a first job. It has taught me a lot over the past 3 years about being a had working member of a larger company and being part of the union is a benefit as well.
Management is rough
Pay is too little

Not much help on the lot

Its a great starting job, but can be very stressful.

Great benefits for those who qualify though
Working in food service can be high stress, so it is very important to be able to keep up with the fast pace environment and be able to multitask. The customers are nice at some parts of the day and rude during others. All my coworkers are amazing though, so they are the ones that keep me coming back.
It's a good job to have as a first job or job to have on the side, but there isn't much flexibility if you are a student. They don't really care much about your student affairs outside of work even if you let them know that it will be something that comes up more than once. Also the management isn't that great at all it's very unorganized. It's hard to move to different departments inside the store. I spent months trying to move to bakery and it never happened. Also, my HR manager ended up losing my student leave of absence paperwork so I couldn't come back to work during my school breaks. It was the ultimate reason I ended up leaving cause that wasn't the first time they were unorganized.
I worked in the Floral Dept. and it was hectic as it was in December towards Christmas holiday. Dealing with customers (a few were demanding) and the work load was stressful. Pay was terrible for the duties involved. My coworkers were great to work with but that is all I could say that was pleasant. Would not recommend working at Marianno’s.
this was my first job and it was a overall good experience. i learned how to write on cakes and work on a cash register. the only negative thing i have to say is that the managers have petty drama but other than that it was fine
There are many ups and downs of working here, higher up management is definitely lacking in communication with the rest of the store, and it rarely seems that they give the support that is needed. The rest of the staff is for the most part great, they are the backbone of the store and truly are the only thing in my eyes that keep customers and employees alike coming back.
Very professional environment and family friendly I like that it was home away from home everyone really pulls together to give our customers the red carpet experience
I really enjoy working with other employees that make the environment fun and energetic while on the job! The management is also well developed and there is plenty of room for advancements within the company especially if you hold a college degree.
Wasn’t organized. Was performing tasks of a management position. Was paid very little advance there just the dollar raise per promotion wasn’t there. Could use more organized management system.
Definitely know the layout of the store in a situation of a customer asking where a specific item might be located. ALWAYS put the customer's happiness and well-being first. Not for someone with an attitude/temper or someone who lacks patience and understanding.
Great pay, benefits and training!
Management is fair and nice, union is very protective! Willing to work with employees on leveling up/ advancement

and to work around your availability!
standing for many hours in one spot. Learned a lot about handing cash and interacting with customers. Learned how to resolve conflicts and problem solve.
Mariano’s is a great company to work for. The company pays a fair wage and provides the opportunity to level up. The work culture is amazing and really feels like a family atmosphere.
Fun workplace with all kinds of customers. You will feel satisfied by meet customers' requirements. Also growing up through teamworks. Flexible part-time position and you could pick up the department you are interested in.
Marianos is bougie, with a piano and a bar inside. But this helped me enjoy the slow hours, listening to live music. I worked in the bakery, you dont see too many other people unless u leave your station. You have to pay for your own uniform. Be friends with every department, they'll sneak you samples. I enjoyed it and every struggle was figured out easily.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariano's. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight