Mariano's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun place to work, people are friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 21, 2018
My supervisor and my manager were good and keep on asking for any help. All people working there are helpful. No one is raciest. Arranging some snacks or dessert in the clock room for the employees.
Cons
too short break, no staff appreciation
Poor product ever
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILAugust 19, 2018
Poor store directors, managers are , rude employe aka brittany , irma, amanda, kristopher brown. lack of product shipment. they got cridotrs in receivng that bite like lions an sharks an gorillas and some of the managers smell like musty garbage
Pros
There are nun
Cons
Everything breaks down on the hard working employes
This place ok
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2018
The customers are horrible they don't know how to keep things clean. like it not some where where other people shop. They see that you are doing something and keep asking for something like you can just drop why you doing and make their every wish like they're the king or queen.
Stressful
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILAugust 18, 2018
Those who actually worked hard were undeserved

Upper staff would argue about your issues instead of solving them properly

high employee turnover
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
stressful, underpaid
Too formal for a grocery store
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
Want to have to wear a tie and look like you're going to a funeral while you get your hands dirty? Neither did I. The work load wasn't bad, it was the iron fist of the management.
Okay place
Freezer Lead (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 15, 2018
Not much room for advancement. Management does not care for workers. And they tend to look over their hardworkers. Pay is ok if you have experience. Would not recommend
friendly fun job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 13, 2018
the majority of the time that I worked there I worked in the bakery and I enjoyed my time there. the staff was nice and friendly and management was understanding and flexible with hours
Needs better management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
Needs better management. I enjoyed servicing the customers. It is easy to get to on public transportation. The store sells quality products and is affordable in comparison to comparable competition.
Over worked and under staffed with unrealistic expectations
Deli Shift Lead Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILAugust 10, 2018
Working full time for this company will test your patience and physical limits. You are expected to do more tasks than beyond your job description and be rewarded with constant criticism and extra stress. The only way to move up in this company is by sitting on a computer and do online training that is usually not related to the actual job itself.
Pros
Weekly pay, opportunity for over time
Cons
Awful management, poor staffing
Was a decent place to work but some management is...confrontational
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILAugust 4, 2018
Work is very tedious but what made it worth it was the experience with customers. The management at time was unfair with time off and didn't always treat all members with the same respect. (favored others)
Not too bad of a company, could be a lot better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
The job isn’t too bad. I have been working in retail for years now and feel as if it’s time for a change. Doing the same thing everyday can really get monotonous. I need something different and more active.
Stressful glad I left
Floral Manager (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILJuly 27, 2018
Management was horrible. Very unkind, very rude, very unprofessional. Talked about and made fun of employees with special needs. Favoritism. They never appreciated the good workers, but praised the ones who never did anything. Management would rip you apart for not completing a project. Never had enough hours, never hired extra help. Union rep was useless and front end manager was insane. Not what it used to be. Glad I left!
Worst management I’ve ever experienced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 27, 2018
ACTUALLY USEFUL PLEASE READ:
The management is so terrible it’s nit even worth the pay. Especially as a cashier because the cashiers have 2 “managers” at a time. They are NEVER on the same page and it causes lots of confusion in the work place. The only good thing that came out of working there was the friends that I made. Most employees are very nice, but if you ask anyone if they like their job they would say “no”. AND they make you buy your own uniform.
Pros
Nice employees to work with, Flexible vacation
Cons
Low pay, Bad management, Stressful work, Rude costumers
Very difficult to advance
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 25, 2018
I worked in the grocery department. I had left Whole Foods hoping I would able to move quicker within the company, but that was not the case. Also there is a disconnect with managers and employees.
very understandible and flexible for students.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at Mariano's. The manager was friendly and easy to reach out. I learned how to perform transactions in an effient way and perform an outstanding costumer service as a cashier. The only thing I would improve is having enough people bagging in order to provide a quick and efficient service to the costumer. Otherwise, raise the salary of the cashier, since they are trying to fulfill two important tasks at the same time and may be very stressfull.
Pros
Flexible managers, quick training, nice environment
Cons
low salary, specially if you are both cashiering and bagging
What I Have Learned
Deli Clerk/Maintenance/Bagger/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILJuly 19, 2018
I have learned how to treat customers with respect, how to communicate well, and how to be a hard worker. A typical day of work for me now consists of getting up early in the morning and being able to quickly serve our customers in the deli and make them happy and never disappoint them. While doing so I must clean my workspace and still keep up with the fast environment. The management is a little poor but I still do as I am told and work to the best of my ability to make sure all the customers are satisfied. The hardest part of my job is to make sure the customers leave the deli line happy and make sure we have what they want in sotck. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet many new people.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Short Breaks and low pay
Management cares about you.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 14, 2018
I work at Mariano's. Last night one of my fellow employees felt dizzy at work. Our Management team had the paramedics there right away. It made me feel very good about management.
Fast paced and physical !
Level 4 Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJuly 6, 2018
Working at Mariano’s isn’t boring. There never seems to be enough help to do the job. This can be frustrating because expectations are extremely difficult to meet.
Pros
Good benefits for full time
Cons
Stressful
Did not help you move up in the company left you to do it on your own
Lead supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 6, 2018
There was no good training There was no help on moving up or any promotions that was left to do on your own with no training and no help also gave no full time hours no raises And the pay was not much
Pros
Helping customers out and satisfying their needs
Cons
No full time no Promotions No raises no Good training
Great job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 6, 2018
They help me gather skills I could use at home and at other jobs. It help with my social skills, multi tasking, and speed to get projects done. Great work environment