Maricopa County Employee Reviews

Rewarding opportunity and life achievement
Associate Clinician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 23, 2018
Very good work environment, support staff, positive co-workers with supportive management. Offered opportunity for growth and advancement. I received supervision and training to succeed in future endeavors.
Pros
Very flexible work structure
Cons
Late hours
Fast paced performance driven organization
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefit package. Performance based evaluation system with regular pay increases as funding permits. Would suggest working for elected departments for a more stable work environment.
Maricopa County
Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ, USAApril 13, 2018
No support from county or state employees in regards to education growth and salary support. Lack of support in processes in education overall. A restructuring should take place.
Safe place to work.
Court Operations Rep. (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 26, 2018
I was doing my job with pride and never had time to be bored.
Clerk of the court office always has opportunity to learn and improve your skills. I had an opportunity to choose 4 or 5 day week, and the option to have overtime hours. Clerks of the court offered many classes to improve computer and social skills during my almost 7 years of work.
Pros
Health benefits, paid vacation and sick time.
negative environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
to many negative people. it is a government job! I was working for 5 people, but I liked what I did. lots of deadlines I was required to finish. I trained lots of departments as will.
Pros
n/A
Cons
N/a
Solid place to work.
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2018
This position is challenging but it's also repetitious. Attention to detail and people skills are a must. Patience and assertiveness are key. Know your place and that of who you are serving and working with.
Pros
Pay and schedule
Cons
Work tempo, environment and occasional customers and employees.
Horrible senior level leadership.
Mid management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Very cut-throat environment! Supervisors and managers will lie and throw subordinates under the bus to make themselves look good. Very little career advancement. No understanding of work/life balance. They expect private sector work with public sector pay. Horrible senior-level leadership. They do not care about employees.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else!
Horrible Management!
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2018
After working for over 15 years and several hours a week over 40 that I was not paid for.
Expectations are stressful and the Chief only cares about brining in money not about the employees.
He positioned himself with an executive team that work on their knees for him.
People that do this kind of work have degrees and love youth. Quit making useless work and acting like a sheep with no clothes.
I like during the survey lots of questions about benefits and that is why people stay!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Bad bad management.
Not what it seems
Adult Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2018
They preach a way of management and but don't execute. They breed a culture of secrets and holding information for no reason. Their main concern is the public's perception not if they're doing any good.
Pros
Good work life balance
Review summary
Communicable Disease Investigator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2018
Very poor pay scale levels. High requirements as far as whats needed of an applicant from an educational level or job experience with a very minimal return in a decent pay structure.
Exciting and fun place to work
Currier/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
Handled the the inventory, storage and delivery of all vaccines in Maricopa county. Maintained the inventory at several sites around the Phoenix metro area.
Horrible Management
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
Working in the criminal department in Maricopa for the Judicial branch was horrible. Micromanagement drove good employees away, under paid for the work you do and for the work your supervisor supposed to do, no advancement or room to grow, harassment towards women is everywhere by attorneys and supervisors and nothing is being done about it. I love maricopa, but I hate working for the department I am in and for the criminal department. The benefits kept me here for so long for else I would have left a long time ago.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement, no raises, harassment
It was a very interesting life learning time spent at the jails
LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for a nursing agency so was sent there on assignment.
I spent most of my days giving the inmates medication's. Most of the management were very helpful

I was losing my hearing a one nurse was very rude the days passing I did enjoy working there The hardest part was to stairs. I did enjoy the inmates.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Never long enough breaks, large case loads
Fleet Parts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Equipment ServicesSeptember 10, 2017
Good place to work....current long term employees hold grudges if not accepted for a promotional position over an outside applicant. Seems to be favoritism as with most public service employment.
Adult Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 30, 2017
Supervised a caseload of about 70 offenders. Daily work is unpredictable and very busy. Attended meetings with therapist, Court and law enforcement. Phone always ringing as well.
Courtroom Clerk
Clerk of Court (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at work, involves checking email, printing Court Calendar, and preparing for the days hearings. While in Court, I draft minute entries for Court Hearings, meeting deadlines, following policy and procedures in place as well as adhere to state statues. It is very interesting being in the Courtroom and hearing the proceedings.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Low salary
Great people to work with very professional
JDO Juvenile Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
A good day at work would be, that the day would follow the plan, meaning no disruptions, no fights, no one complaining about management. The juveniles getting to there programs follow the instructions given by staff, no fights with other juveniles, no staff being assaulted, no tension on the unit that I am assigned to. The hardest part is preventing those thing from happening. the most enjoyable is coming home safe to family.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no breaks through the day
Productive workplace with many opportunities for growth
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
A definite career option for anyone looking for job security either in the legal or clerical field. The policies and procedures clearly outlined and properly enforced, coupled with constant evaluation of personnel from the entry level to highest Judicial Officer and Administrator, create a positive and productive workpace environment.
Pros
Job stability, many opportunities for growth and advancement, excellent benefits
Cons
I loved my 10 years with MCSO It was much more than interesting, it was exciting, challenging and a myriad of things, but what it wasn't was BORING! N
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2017
I loved my 10 years with MCSO
It was much more than interesting, it was exciting, challenging and a myriad of things, but what it wasn't was BORING! Not ever.
Pros
Interesting environment
Cons
Crazy shift times occasionally
Good people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2017
Stress free, having the time to accomplish projects. Working with others and the public gives a county employee a different outlook on what the public thinks. The learning curve is very slow paced and only a person with high hopes can make a change in different work style. Having the ability to perform and being a success depends on each individual, is a key role in what the County expects I think from there employees.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
The money