Maricopa County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a typical day at work
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
it was not a bad place to work, management is not the best, I learned and learn a lot. The best part of working there was the people I met were awesome people
His way or highway
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2018
Working for Senior Program was hostile. It was hard go to office and know that your boss dont like you. All of the case managers get along good and we do good job with our clients. Our work was never good enough for the boss. He all about numbers and if you dont agree with his thoughts, ideas and suggestions then he dont like you. Alot of good workers left this position because of one person. Benefits are good. Underpaid with high caseloads.
Pros
Benefits, State retirement
Cons
high caseloads, no written policies or procedures for senior progam
correctional health
Correctional health tech (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJuly 11, 2018
quick paced environment
correctional facilities that have stress
great place to learn new skills, work on old skills and learn patience and verbal de escalation skills
by far the most educational and interesting place i have had the pleasure to work
I wouldn't recommend Maricopa County to anyone
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
I wouldn't recommend the county to anyone. Every office I was placed in was the same.. It includes a poor manager who wasn't willing to learn how to do our jobs before judging us. If you ask questions you're told to basically keep your mouth shut and do your assigned job. HR is not supportive when it comes to anything. The county cares more about numbers than accuracy. They play favorites when it comes to their workers and give special privilages to some people but not others. They keep things secret from half the group and make the others feel alienated. The front office is the first and last place the public come in contact with yet we are all treated like we don't matter. HR and managers threaten to take things away (access to necessary areas, documents to do our jobs and even break time) to feel powerful and scare you. Nobody should go to work thinking "whats going to happen today?" yet you do. Constantly OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID for the amount of stress you deal with daily from upper management. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Its a learning experience
Cons
Really short breaks, poor managment
Stability, Benefits,
Judicial Clerk Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Data Entry 8 hours of my day - Enjoyed it! Felt productive.
Minimal phone calls
Learned about Maricopa County Court Systems
Worked with Probation Officers in the Adult Probation Dpt.
Hardest part of the job was picking up paper work at Jail
Most enjoyable part of the job was the "team" the amount of help, input, and overall training. Did not feel lost, wasn't afraid to ask questions.
Great Department to work with.
Pros
Team Work, Monday - Friday Schedule, Paid Holidays
Cons
N/a
Lots of opportunity
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Working at Maricopa County gave me a great start to my career and helped me to get to where I am today. It was an excellent learning opportunity and I enjoyed working there.
Well..
Louisiana (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 20, 2018
What can i say. Its a government job. People either stay firever, regardless of how well they perform or leave soon for a better paying job. Theres also the risk of layoffsdue to budget issues. Sonetimes hard working people get laid off at that point and its stressful. Benefits maybe a little better than other jobs. The cool thing is that depending on your manager, you can take up to a month off vacation at once.
Brilliant Employer
Librarian's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2018
Pay very decent especially for bilingual. Managers are all wonderful. Challenging to move up in the company. Fun environment. Can be with kids but always with the publuc. Benefits are great. Staff is nice.
Good place to work.
Protective Services Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2018
Maricopa County was a good place to work. However, they decided to begin privatization and this is when the safety of county employees, public and county supervisors became compromised. I refused to be a part of such a process and resigned.
Nada
LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
Upper management is a joke. Work schedule for LPN's that pass medications for most of their 8 hour shift ARE TIRED ALL THE TIME! You never have 2 days off in a row every week. Every other weekend and spilt the other. Do this for YEARS and you can't do it anymore.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Managers
Diversified and Team Based
Judicial Assistant/Judicial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2018
The number of different departments of the County that I have worked in, all reflect on team based departments. The benefits are amazing and set your future up for success with retirement.
Pros
potlucks, amount of training, healthcare, free bus voucher, relationships, locating you close to home.
Cons
pay, no pay raises, advancement is bleak in some departments
Fast paced
Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Maricopa has wonderful benefits and paid time off. You receive 8 hours for your birthday that you receive on your first day. Every department is different, has a different supervisor and a different atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, lots of training
Cons
Stressful on some days, pay is lower than other places
Positive work environment, benefits, and time off
Judicial Branch Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
Great position. Able to use training and educational experience with these job duties. Excellent benefits, sick, and vacation accrual. was a more in depth position to be able to work with different member's of the Law Enforcement Community.
Pros
Benefits, hours, vacation, sick time
Cons
not enough money, hard to work alone during peak busy times
Rewarding opportunity and life achievement
Associate Clinician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 23, 2018
Very good work environment, support staff, positive co-workers with supportive management. Offered opportunity for growth and advancement. I received supervision and training to succeed in future endeavors.
Pros
Very flexible work structure
Cons
Late hours
Fast paced performance driven organization
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefit package. Performance based evaluation system with regular pay increases as funding permits. Would suggest working for elected departments for a more stable work environment.
Maricopa County
Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ, USAApril 13, 2018
No support from county or state employees in regards to education growth and salary support. Lack of support in processes in education overall. A restructuring should take place.
Rewarding but busy
Dietetic Technician, Registered (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2018
Working for Maricopa County WIC as a Dietetic Technician was very busy and sometimes stressful. You are expected to provide nutrition education to a certain number of clients per day as well as facilitate group nutrition discussions, which means that your time spent with each family is limited. However, when you see the changes that you have helped a family make or helped a mom with her struggles, it is very rewarding. All the staff that I worked with during me time there were amazing and enjoyed what they did. The benefits that the county provides are awesome and the cost to me was so minimal to cover my entire family. In all my years working I have not had better benefits then I did during my time there; however, the pay was low for my credential compared to other places and they start you at the bottom of the pay range, which in non-negotiable.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Safe place to work.
Court Operations Rep. (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 26, 2018
I was doing my job with pride and never had time to be bored.
Clerk of the court office always has opportunity to learn and improve your skills. I had an opportunity to choose 4 or 5 day week, and the option to have overtime hours. Clerks of the court offered many classes to improve computer and social skills during my almost 7 years of work.
Pros
Health benefits, paid vacation and sick time.
negative environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
to many negative people. it is a government job! I was working for 5 people, but I liked what I did. lots of deadlines I was required to finish. I trained lots of departments as will.
Pros
n/A
Cons
N/a
Solid place to work.
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2018
This position is challenging but it's also repetitious. Attention to detail and people skills are a must. Patience and assertiveness are key. Know your place and that of who you are serving and working with.
Pros
Pay and schedule
Cons
Work tempo, environment and occasional customers and employees.