Maricopa Integrated Health System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Maricopa Integrated Health System selected this as a representative review
Working as a team has made the workload so easy in my unit, and improve patient safety and satisfaction.
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
A typical day at work. There was a day traffic made me to come very late. The two RNs got report on my patients. They did rounds before I arrived the unit. Team work played a big roll .
Good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2019
Worked with my schedule , good benefits. Great working hours. Great co workers great pay. We disinfect. Help elderly kitchen duties and put us we’re we needed to be.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Best Company to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2019
I was very please while I work there, the dental department in the McDowell clinic is a great place,all patients are treated with kindness and the same is towards the employees.
Pros
good hours
Great company
Registered Medical Assistmant (Former Employee) –  ClinicDecember 3, 2018
MIHS is a great company to work for. They do a lot for the community. Also formally known as “county”. The managers that I directly worked for were all great, and heard good things from others. Benefits with 457b retirement plan and other employee discounts. Flexible schedule, educational encouragement and more.
Pros
Great company with a lot of opportunities to grown.
Cons
Pay
Pay is not good
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZNovember 28, 2018
We are not county we do get county benefit as in Az state retirement that is 12%off our checks taken out no u can’t opt out in it .health insurance prices are high 600 a month for family dental plan is great and cheap so is vision
So if your thinking of applying here think your base pay and take out 12% out plus all there stuff that they will normally take out plus health and dental
Pros
People we work with
Cons
Pay
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2018
Every day is different. I enjoy my co-workers as well as my management team. A very relaxed work atmosphere, and I enjoy learning and growing everyday.
Stressful nursing job, interesting, benefits good, however very taxing
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2018
The most enjoying part of the job is seeing the sickest of the sick get better and discharged.

The hardest part of the job is that it can be pretty violent with mentally ill and unstable patients. People get hurt. Stressful environment since most of patients are court ordered.
Security Department
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AzSeptember 20, 2018
The Director was a piece of work. The Banner Boys . I hope it gets better now since they removed the Dictator . Outright racist ok. Lack of Training . How much you pay out of pocket
Pros
Discounts on everything
Cons
Short breaks
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
I got along with everyone there. My warehouse personnel as well as the purchasing department. We always made the best of any situation, whether it was a crazy day, or not.
Not a Fun Place To WORK. and no REAl Future / Career. Not a Fun place to work nor be at for all Concrened !!!.
BHT/Driver. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2018
The RNS lie about other staff and there are Too many Clicks and Gossip alot of Backstabbing and setting up the BHTs. Admin is a total Waste in Management & as a HUMAN BEINGS !!!!!!! I was Lied to and People was Two Faced and and Lazy in Many Ways !!! there was no TEAMWORK !!! I was VERY UNHAPPY there the whole time I was Employed with Maricopa Integrated Health System !!!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
Gossip !.
Exceptional Care
Advanced Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2018
MIHS is a great place for new nurses. The training is excellent and they push you to advance and continue your education. You are encouraged to create goals to advance your nursing career. Expect to be charge nurse in a year.
Still a government job
Staff (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
The hospital is awesome and they give excellent care!!
They are still a county hospital and with that comes with any government job. If you're OK with doing the absolute minimum and never speaking up or attempt to go above and beyond, then you'll do well. If you're honest and not lazy, you will be shunned and retaliation is a huge problem.
Pros
Good care
Mission driven
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
A mission driven organization that provides high quality patient care. The organization is growing substantially and there is a lot of opportunity coming in the near future.
Team environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
This hospital provides healthcare to the medically needy. MIHS is a teaching hospital that provides unmatchable retirement benefits with ASRS and provides opportunity for employee growth.
Pros
Arizona State retirement, competitive salary
Fun workplace
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
My job is super busy and exciting but management is a little bit complicated and is hard to continue my education with no flexibility on our schedule changing on a daily basis
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
Great job for low pay
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2018
Though the benefits are great and the salary seems comparable with the market, once you factor in the mandatory state retirement system it becomes apparent you're not bringing home as much as your peers.
Relax and friendly environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 8, 2018
One of if not the best place to work as a behavioral health tech. The staffs are just so friendly and accommodative, great communication between staff, support each othere as well.
Pros
Great benefit
It is a wonderful place to grow
Medical Assistant as back office (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 27, 2018
I loved to be part of MIHS company.
As employee of MIHS you get to learn every day and they offer a constant training.
Working with patients was the most enjoyable of the job.
MIHS, is a well organized company.
Pros
Constant training
Cons
No Cons
Nurse friendly work environment.
OR RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85005April 21, 2018
Teaching institution. You will work with residents and students. The doctors are friendly. Strong culture of safety. Benefits are good. Evidence based practice.
Pros
Work environemnt is amazing.
Cons
Pay
productivity and overwhelming
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix Zoo, AZApril 20, 2018
As an employee for over 11 yrs.my best part of being employed here is the interaction with the patients. I felt joy when the patients leave with a smile.Most of our patients enjoyed coming to the clinic, our dental clinic was always recommended for high quality customer services, and I know with a shadow of doubt I had a part in this service.
Pros
PTO (personal time off)
lab draws in hospital setting
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
the Management was wonderful all the workers was Awesome very tight family like I learned so much more than average I loved working there variety of people ,, the hardest part for me was the little sick children the are my weakness..
Pros
low cost insurance
Cons
get all your breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maricopa Integrated Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Maricopa Integrated Health System Reviews by Location