Maricopa Integrated Health System Employee Reviews

Relax and friendly environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 8, 2018
One of if not the best place to work as a behavioral health tech. The staffs are just so friendly and accommodative, great communication between staff, support each othere as well.
Pros
Great benefit
It is a wonderful place to grow
Medical Assistant as back office (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 27, 2018
I loved to be part of MIHS company.
As employee of MIHS you get to learn every day and they offer a constant training.
Working with patients was the most enjoyable of the job.
MIHS, is a well organized company.
Pros
Constant training
Cons
No Cons
Working as a team has made the workload so easy in my unit, and improve patient safety and satisfaction.
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
A typical day at work. There was a day traffic made me to come very late. The two RNs got report on my patients. They did rounds before I arrived the unit. Team work played a big roll .
Nurse friendly work environment.
OR RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85005April 21, 2018
Teaching institution. You will work with residents and students. The doctors are friendly. Strong culture of safety. Benefits are good. Evidence based practice.
Pros
Work environemnt is amazing.
Cons
Pay
productivity and overwhelming
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix Zoo, AZApril 20, 2018
As an employee for over 11 yrs.my best part of being employed here is the interaction with the patients. I felt joy when the patients leave with a smile.Most of our patients enjoyed coming to the clinic, our dental clinic was always recommended for high quality customer services, and I know with a shadow of doubt I had a part in this service.
Pros
PTO (personal time off)
lab draws in hospital setting
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
the Management was wonderful all the workers was Awesome very tight family like I learned so much more than average I loved working there variety of people ,, the hardest part for me was the little sick children the are my weakness..
Pros
low cost insurance
Cons
get all your breaks
Great team work
Radiologic Technologist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2018
Maricopa Integrated Health Systems is a great place to work. The hospital staff is friendly and team oriented and always willing to lend a hand when needed.
Poor management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2018
The upper management and CEO had unreasonable expectations for their employees. They wanted employees to to a two person job which is unsafe...they would not pay more for the extra job! Too bad because it used to be a good company to work. Now it is all about greed and profits not patient care.
Security officer position
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
Working in security was great BUT management is awful. Incompetent and cares little about his officers same goes for the Security Director. Negative feedback always. Never praised for doing a good job. Officer's work their butts off but constantly get criticised by their own management. Was treated very poorly. Poor leader ship, poor communication, and very unorganized. Limited training was given. Paying out of pocket for your gear as well. Disgusting Management.
A great environment to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2018
My work day would typically be at my desk doing chart review and the occasional patient interaction. My manager was very understanding and communicative. Was able to master my understanding of the EPIC charting system. The hardest part of the job was having to sift through charts to look for the most minor detail. The most enjoyable part was knowing my work could be used to help people in need.
County Hospital Program with great learning and co-residents
Internal Medicine Categorical Residency (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2018
I had an excellent group of coworkers however the management could be difficult to work with given the occasional favoritism. Excellent pathology, minimal resources, major negative is there is minimal protected teaching time but you learn amazing things about pathology you don't get to see in other places and amazing lovely patients that really do enrich the experience.
Intense residency program
Internship and Residency- Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85008January 30, 2018
Very competitive, fast paced work environment, challenging but worth it. Great training! Exposure to all kinds of patients, Spanish speaking definitely helps!
Employee Health Specialst
Employee Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2018
My employment with MIHS has been very positive and productive. I enjoy working with MIHS and would recommend my family or friends to apply for the organization.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
productive and very nice place to work
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2018
very busy all the time but I like it
is a lot to learn which I love it
I really like the management very fear with every one
very variable
when they started a new system
work with every one
Pros
free lunches at holly days
Cons
nothing was enjoyable job
nice people to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2018
I learned a lot. Was able to go to all parts of the hospital to work. Very busy place. I lowved working there. I had to relocate. I would recommend it.
Externship Experience
Radiologic Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Completed a clinical rotation at this Level 1 trauma hospital. Got to experience a lot of trauma cases and OR procedures. Staff were very helpful and had a strong sense of teamwork.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2017
I have been working at Maricopa Behavioral for almost 10 years. It is a great place to work, and if you have worked in behavioral health, you know it can be stressful, but also rewarding. Management has been wonderful, and if you have realistic concerns they are there and will do all they can to assist you.There are some pt's that also have medical issues which you need to do to provide care. A typical day is taking vital signs, getting patients to groups, giving out snacks and talking to your patients and notifying the pt's nurse if you have concerns about a patient. Don't expect to sit and do nothing, as we all work together and have the same job description. Some pt's do get agitated and it is your job to assist with helping them get through whatever is bothering them. If you don't have much experience, your peers are there to assist you in dealing with situations you are not comfortable or familiar with. The hardest part of the job for me is being short staffed, and getting everything done, which is where teamwork is needed and required. The benefits are great, and they do take out for your retirement which you do not have a choice. But there is always extra shifts to offset what the retirement takes out.No place is perfect, but as long as you are willing to work, follow the rules you will find this job rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients, which is what you are there for. Don't get scared by the negative reviews, as this is a job you can stay in for a long period of time, and collect retirement which at this point I am grateful for.
Pros
Great Management, Benefits and Retirement!
Maricopa
Grievance and Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2017
Fast paced, great team of workers, a few independent thinkers there that didn't wish to work as a team player. Management didn't address the issues. If was frustrating
Great staff, bad management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
I LOVED working here but left because of the management and/or change in management. Its sad the C suite people dont take notice to make changes when staff in other departments notice how bad some departments have become and they unfortunately lose good people because of it. It could be a fabulous place to work if they took feedback and employee satisfaction to heart.
Pros
The people that work there.
Cons
Management. Lack of senior leaders making changes where there is bad management
room for advancement
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
great working place the people are very friendly and nice they are very help full and sweet kind staff there is alot of oppurtunity for advancement .and growth.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maricopa Integrated Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Maricopa Integrated Health System Reviews by Location