Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Transporter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 3, 2019
I really enjoyed working at MMH, they were flexible with my schedule, but still allowed me to get the hours that I wanted in. Due to being PRN I didn't get to experience any of the benefits that come with working here but due to knowing others that work there, I know that the benefits are good. I learned a lot while working here, I had to give CPR during a code blue my first week of work, so it made me learn really fast how to react to situations like that. I also had to give CPR one other time. We had to respond to all of the codes that were called within the hospital, so I learned how to react quickly and efficiently at the same time. I love working within the healthcare field. The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with/help the patients and their families, as well as getting to interact with the other employees and learn things from them.
Pros
Benefits, getting to interact with/help others
Cons
Not much of a break due to always running calls, but that was my fault for always offering to continue running rather than taking a break.
Kind people, good environment.
Continuing Medical Education Intern (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 1, 2019
I had nothing but great experiences during my internship at Marietta Memorial Hospital. Staff and volunteers were very kind, I learned practical information in my field, and occasionally got free lunch.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Parking shuttle
Management Theatrics deflate Presentation of Excellent Care
Practice Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 1, 2019
MMH is a strong player in Mid Ohio Valley Medicine. Excellent Providers and excellent facilities contribute to great care! The management from mid to upper levels fail regularly and put too much pressure on staff for results. Directors must look good and shine which is not always accurate. They lie to save face and their jobs. People with degrees are promoted over those with great experience and common sense and this hurts the work force. Many good employees have left or been fired due to lack of degrees.
Upper management does not recognize the problems or chooses to turn their head. Employee Surveys are met with retaliation and the creation of more problems. I doubt anyone even cares about the content of this review, enough to even call and see what the problems were. Sad. Just turn your head and it will all go away. This is why so many past and current employees think "The Good Old Boys and now Girls Club" still operates.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Patient Care
Cons
Unfair treatment, Wages
marietta health system
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta OhioMarch 29, 2019
It is an ok place to work seems to be a lot of politics and unethical manners going on for the last year. Needs to start with admin and work down, admin and HR continue to do whatever they want.
Poor management
Registration Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 25, 2019
Office managers think more of the people with the letters behind their names. If you are a Registratuon Receptionist like I was, you are nothing. You are just a person that the trouble rolls down to. Everything is your fault and you never do anything right. There’s no way to gather needed patient information at check in without someone hearing the information because the waiting room is too small and they put seating right by the check in window. All of the work that the nurses don’t want to do is put on you to do and when it doesn’t get done when they want it you get in trouble. The pay is not worth the headache either. If you’re doing your job plus the job of the nurses that they don’t want to do, you should get better pay. Forget about having a home life doing check in or check out. You don’t leave until the last patient is checked out.
Cons
No breaks, poor management
once a great place
huc/pct (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 18, 2019
This company was once a great place to work. They at one time cared about their employees now its about the money they can make and save. They use to be a small town Hospital with small town values now its like any other corporate type company the little guy is expendable.
Fun and great environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I loved working at Marietta memorial. Most everyone you meet is always happy and can always help. If you have a question or need help there is always someone that can help you out and that Is willing to.
I did my clinicals
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoyed my clinicals with doctor quo at Marietta memorial hospital I learned a lot at the office the staff was great it was a eye opener on how some people act at doctors offices and it was great great great
Pros
It was grat
Cons
It was great
Patient oriented
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Working here the company is very patient oriented. Everything revolves around the patient. However I was told by a patient that works in the system is the psych unit that 50% of the patients work within the system. That’s very discouraging. The providers I worked for were great and 70% if the coworkers were excellent. The remaining 30% is management and power hungry coworkers that want to be management. Seniority also does not matter in this organization. It all depends on how well you kiss s butt and how brown your nose gets.
Pros
Patient care is awesome
Cons
Marietta Memorial Hospital is a great place in this area to work.
Fitness and Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Professional environment, supportive workplace, safe for all workers
Great co-workers
Not much room to grow and increase salary
Allowed to develop programs
Work closely with employee health and wellness
Great interaction with community members
Long hours, but compensated
A little meeting heavy
Fast pace environment. Depending on the office you work in
Registration Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 1, 2019
Everyone office is different. For the most part it was a pleasurable place to work. Very fast paced. Customer oriented. Very nice place to work depending on the office ofcourse
CIO is a joke
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Terrible place to work in IT. They hire non IT people, and put those people in IT management positions. Raises are rare and the IT staff is underpaid and overworked. Money is wasted on non essential software and they disregard recommendations for hardware. How you let someone with no IT background make decisions for purchasing hardware for infrastructure is beyond me.
Decent pay and rewarding work!
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time and benefits here. I developed valuable work skills and was given appropriate raises from time to time. The hours were also easy to manage.
Er staff rn
Registered Nurse in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 2, 2018
I started in the ER at MMH in 1998 and then returned after many years. I have learned and have regained skills in this ER setting. The staff has always been an amazing group of individuals that I can work with.
Great co-workers but managment ruins it
Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 22, 2018
This is a poorly ran hospital! Would not recommend it at all! Managers play favorites and will work part time employees full time hours and then right before HR policy says they can be full time they cut hours back. They do not approve of days off requests or vacation time. Very stressful work place with unrealistic productivity standards. Do not get paid appropriately for the job performed and no room to advance. Will hire external employees instead of letting a current employee advance.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible Managment, Under paid, poor benefits
Getting your foot in the door.
Student (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 19, 2018
I was a student at MMH and while I applied numerous times for things I was either qualified for or OVER-qualified for, I never got the job. I found out later that the reasoning for this was actually because I failed the phone interview when I was 18 years of age.

Apparently, once you fail that interview, you are NEVER hire-able there regardless of how many years have passed by.
Benefits
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 16, 2018
Most days were enjoyable at work but could be stressful.
My supervisor and co-workers were always great.
I worked alone many weekends so I always stayed busy which is how I like to work
Nice place to work
Outpatient Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 4, 2018
Nice place to work and competitive salary. No compliance. Understanding and helpful management with flexible schedules. Would recommend to others as a positive place of employment.
Fast Pace
Patient sitter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 1, 2018
They have some really amazing staff in every department. They nurses are very accommodating and passionate. The environment can be very stress full and fast pace to the point of breaking but they hold it together.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Night shift can be very difficult at times
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 30, 2018
The hospital provides a good balance with work/personal time. Truly puts the patient's first and strives for excellence, which I believe they meet every year.