Marietta Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

the pay
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 20, 2018
After working here for a few years I have found that new hires make more than I do. This has been shocking to me and therefore I have been looking for a new job.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
pay
good place to work
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 13, 2018
many different units with rooms for advancement opportunity. Terrific people to work with. Patient centered care. Promotes a positive patient experience
Pros
great people
Cons
nursing shortage
Money Mismanagement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 10, 2018
Used to be a good place to work. Now too many managers, educators, supervisors, vice presidents. Over spent and mismanaged money, employees are paying the price.
Failing Organization
Physicians clinic (Former Employee) –  MarietttaMay 25, 2018
Great place to work until changes in leadership. There were administrative changes made that are not in the best interest of the organization. Inexperienced people moved to higher positions that have more concern with their own success than they do for the organization success. Very hard working dedicated employees let go while inexperienced were kept. Very very political under the new leadership. The organization is in extreme financial failure and are not addressing the true issues. “Every man for themselves”. Sad to see it fail!
Pros
Dedicated hard working work force
Cons
Management / leadership only concerned with themselves
Poor management makes work life stressful and at times unbearable.
Frustrated employee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 21, 2018
Outlook for the hospital is poor. Over extending themselves all the while being investigated for illegal activities. Therefore the need to cut critical personnel.
Directors and supervisors are hired with no knowledge of the field they are in charge. Morals are lacking in upper management.
The work is fulfilling and there are a lot of good people to work with, if only management would get out of the way.
Pros
The dedicated people trying to bring professionalism and skill to a broken system.
Cons
Management especially upper level lacking the moral compass to lead.
Great Organization
Biomedical Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Marietta Memorial Hospital, the staff was wonderful, management was great and benefits were good. Very friendly environment.
very busy and fast paced environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Marietta Memorial. I love learning new things everyday. My co-workers were always willing to lend a helping hand. I was never afraid to ask for help.
Pros
learn something new everyday
Cons
really didn't have time for a lunch break
Very busy
Courier (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 3, 2018
I enjoy the job I currently am doing, but would like to be in a full time position. I enjoy being able to work for a company with great benefits. The people I work with are incredibly dedicated.
Great benefits and competitive salary.
Quality Improvement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 18, 2018
Great place to work overall. Healthcare is challenging so Marietta Memorial is no different in that aspect. Great health benefits and generous vacation.
Benefits
Cons
Workflow challenges
Great Oppurtunity
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHApril 17, 2018
Marietta Memorial gives great opportunities to advance in your career management will also help you achieve those goals. They offer full benefits with employment.
Great teammates. Overpaid owner
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Main CampusApril 14, 2018
Great coworkers and wonderful immediate management. Company is going through money issues. Many job cuts and uncertainty. Rumors abound with little information being provided to nurses about cutbacks and changes
Pros
Great coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Low pay, job insecurity, lousy area of Ohio
Medical Transcriptionist
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 17, 2018
Marietta Memorial was a great company to work for. They were very flexible on the schedule and took care of their employees. I would have stayed there for a long time had they not been bought out.
Enjoy my job management is power happy
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  General and Bariatric surgery Dept.March 11, 2018
Care for patients is what I enjoyed most.
Paperwork was always time consuming but able to get done.
Doctor and PA,s were very nice and interesting to work with always learning about something new in surgery.
Always a busy day very fulfilling work

Management- be through 3 clinic coordinators only 1 cared about the patients instead of how far they could climb the ladder. Never done what they said they were going to do always had to call and have thing redone. Always put there doctors 2nd even though they are the ones bringing in the patients and money.
Pros
Worked for Wonderful Physican
Cons
Management needs reviewed on priorities
Poor Management and Over worked
PCT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 11, 2018
I worked at MMH for 2 years. During that time it was next to impossible to get management to deal with any issues that arise in the work place. Any attempt to and you are told to take it to HR, they are not equipped to deal with them. I worked at a PCT. My typical work day was showing up for work to find out 1 or more employees had called off for the day. We work short all the time. I worked night shift in the ER and the HUC there would constantly berate you about picking up more shifts. As a married parent, I had to have days off to spend with my family. If you did not pick up the extra shifts you were treated poorly by your coworkers.The nurses are great! I never had any problems there. As long as you do your work they are grateful to have you. However a lot of the staff in the ER liked to stir the pot. Often the department was filled with adolescent style drama and temper fits. The job its self is stressful enough without adding unnecessary drama. What I did enjoy about the job was learning new things. Every day was the opportunity to see and experience illness and the ways to treat them. I may have stayed on if the salary met the job. They like to use scheduling loop holes, so I would work the last 3 days of a pay period and then the first 3 of the new pay period. They did this often so that we would not get our bonuses. I worked 12 hr shifts. My main job duties included: vitals, cleaning rooms, stocking the department, emptying dirty linens, stocking new linens, answering call lights, assisting people to the restroom, changing soiled bedding, cleaning vomit: stool, urine,  more... blood up, applying oxygen, doing CPR, cutting clothes of trauma patients, bringing new patients back to rooms, and basically any other job that no one wanted to do. Also, ER staff does not get breaks of any kind. No 30 minute lunches and no 15 minute breaks.  less
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
No breaks, Adolescent drama, Over worked, Poor management
Productive work enviornment
Food Service/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 26, 2018
There's always something to do and many people to help you out. Management was never afraid to get their hands dirty which I thought was a plus side when having employees to tend to. leading by example was priority.
Fun
Cashier, and stocked (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Very relaxed work area. Get things done. Very nice employer and employees. Would reccomend this job for anyone. Dress nice, application process takes awhile.
absolute great place and people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 5, 2018
wonderful place to work
wonderful people
wonderful atmosphere
ive learned to always look at the glass half full not half empty
the most enjoyable part of my job is helping people
Pros
very easy to work for
Cons
n/a
Clinic Coordinator
CLINIC COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I was the Manager of this office for 4 years. I opened the office and closed the office each day. Beginning each day I conducted a team meeting to alert all of my team of the days plans.

The culture of my clinic was exceptional. I had a no drama policy and worked wonderfully.

I learned multiple things each day. This is what encouraged me to further my education by going back to school for my bachelor's degree in Business Admin with a focus in Human Resources.

The hardest part of my job was keeping up, we had minimal staff and I took on other jobs frequently to help my team which left me working a lot of hours at home,

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my employees find their strengths and motivate exceptional delivery of service.
Pros
I love working and this aloud me to do so
Cons
I don't have one other than being let go due to reduction in force
Unfair to Loyal Employees
Clinic Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Memorial has cut a lot of positions forcing people out of work or to take pay cuts that are unrealistic or completely loose your job. The severance package was basicially as slap in the face.
Stressful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 29, 2018
They say their employees are very important to them. That's true until hard times come, then the higher up''s only looks out for themselves. They put way too much money into the new facilities, got themselves in a pinch, then laid off ton's of employees with out any warning at all. Wouldn't recommend MMH to anyone anymore.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful, poor management