Marin General Hospital Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional Administration and Management
Clerical Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Horrible place to work, stressful with the Management & Administration doing deals behind the scenes. You can't trust anyone or speak with someone about your misgivings or you will be harassed, reprimanded and forced out.
I have never worked anywhere where the people in charge of Mental Health are the ones in need of Psych help much more than the patients.
Pros
no commute
Cons
horribly unhappy people work there, Administration is out of touch, Management is throwing shade at everyone so they don't get fired.
Weird dynamic
Sr, Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Management promised trained but never delivered. Most of the staff are quite competent and knowledgeable. As a new employee you are left to flounder on your own and find your own way thru applications and roles.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Marin County, CADecember 13, 2018
I volunteer and its such a great experience and everyone is so sweet. I work on my bedside manor and assisting patients with anything they need. I go once a week and just to help put a smile on someones face makes me happy.
Pros
free meal, sweet people
Cons
N/a
Great place to learn and great envirnment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Brea CA. Marin CountyNovember 5, 2018
I would start ad 430 am and draw up yo 30 patients everyday and the n would take blood draws as they came in, I would also work in the lab as a processor and microbiology. Would in the ER when needed and would stock supplies as needed. I learned that when you give it your all you be respected. The culture that of learning, customer service, and great Co-workers.
Pros
Great people to with and for!!
Cons
Could be very very high paced at times. It seems like we were always short handed.
Working at Marin General
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 1, 2018
The biggest problem is management, it would be a great place to work but the lack of knowledge from management is something else. There is no care from management to employee at all.
Top heavy management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 25, 2018
It's a good place to work, but healthcare reimbursement being lower means layoffs. Top heavy management in laboratory, we have too many managers who seem to do nothing most times.
A dream come true
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAOctober 14, 2018
I wish to return to employment at MGH. It was the best place to work for. Now that I have more education, I would like to make a career advancement and continue to work in the emergency room.
Poor leadership, cut throat culture among staff, place isn't clean
Technician (Current Employee) –  GreenbraeSeptember 9, 2018
I've never seen a hospital that was so dirty. Restrooms are filthy, even the public ones. Floors remain dirty for days. Rumor has it that there are many infections. They need to clean the place. As for my job, horrible management is not uncommon in this hospital. Managers/Directors are not knowledgable nor do they possess the qualities that make for good leadership. They will lie to you. Beware. I am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits, free parking
Cons
Everything else
loved working there.
PACU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJuly 15, 2018
Strong teamwork amongst the nursing staff. Transporters and lift team to assist which is a big plus. Staff were a great group and organized social activities. Management come and go frequently.
Enjoyed working at MGH
Radiology Support Associate II (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 22, 2018
I worked in several departments; I liked the variety and my coworkers. The supervisors/managers were fairly good. I have always encouraged people to check out MGH for employment opportunities.
not a place for everyone
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 5, 2018
poor management is overwhelmingly thick here. management needs to go to valid management classes that promote a less stressful working environment. management is disengaged with the worker bees. decisions are made for departments without including the proper sme's. and they have no clue how to be efficient nor effective. great people in and of theirselves, just the environment needs a ITIL foundation class or 10 and some lean methodologies deployed. turn over rate is high in some areas while others just hunker down and deal with the current environment.
Ok
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2018
No room for advancement . Punch clock employment. Nothing to challenging. The management in not concerned with others professional advancement. Only their own
Rapid change pushes the envelope and requires excellence
Medical Staff Office Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 1, 2018
Driven environment. Functions at a much higher level than a small hospital. Seeks to excel and does so. Rapid growth in many ways and somewhat difficult keeping up with the changes, though always for the better. Challenging but productive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very heavy workloads
Good place to excel
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 1, 2018
Community based nursing for our psychiatric population in marin county.
Provided acute medical services to our clients in the county of marin.
Teaching
fun learning experience
Intern for medical records (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I interned during the summer for medical records at the hospital and loved working with everyone there. i had my own office and did a lot of clerical and file work.
High Pressure environment.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 16, 2018
The hospital has great pay and benefits but you will most certainly burn out. The lab had a ridiculously high turnover rate and there was practically no management.
Very fast paced
Charge and Ancillary Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CA 94904February 8, 2018
Management is great, no micro-managing.
Co-workers excellent to work with.
Very educational.
Was able to create many graphs and spreadsheets plus flyers.
A busy and growing hospital community
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Almost everyday was very busy and constantly challenging. The hospital had gone under several new management situations, and needed a great many updates, medical equipment, advanced learning issues, every changing requirements of each of us. At time a very large patient or working load, since the work was responded patience crisis situations that could and would change your prioritizes almost every minute. It was a great job that was truly challenging and I would still want to work there if it wasn't for health reasons.
Pros
A growing and challenging work enviroment
Cons
A great deal of stress, physically, emotionally and intellectually
Friendly
student (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CADecember 14, 2017
You feel like you're surrounded by friends. Learning is inevitable and most enjoyable, helping you stay sharp and feel competent. The management is extremely friendly, supportive, and encouraging. High acuity may contribute to a higher difficulty, but the every-day pleasure of working in a great team makes everything worthwhile.
It's a fast pace place
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 3, 2017
Marin General is a very busy place. It won't make you rich but it dose make you feel good that you're in the business of saving lives.If I have to do it again, I may stay for 2 years instead of almost 6.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marin General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Marin General Hospital Reviews by Location