Marin General Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor leadership, cut throat culture among staff, place isn't clean
Technician (Current Employee) –  GreenbraeSeptember 9, 2018
I've never seen a hospital that was so dirty. Restrooms are filthy, even the public ones. Floors remain dirty for days. Rumor has it that there are many infections. They need to clean the place. As for my job, horrible management is not uncommon in this hospital. Managers/Directors are not knowledgable nor do they possess the qualities that make for good leadership. They will lie to you. Beware. I am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits, free parking
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed working at MGH
Radiology Support Associate II (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 22, 2018
I worked in several departments; I liked the variety and my coworkers. The supervisors/managers were fairly good. I have always encouraged people to check out MGH for employment opportunities.
not a place for everyone
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 5, 2018
poor management is overwhelmingly thick here. management needs to go to valid management classes that promote a less stressful working environment. management is disengaged with the worker bees. decisions are made for departments without including the proper sme's. and they have no clue how to be efficient nor effective. great people in and of theirselves, just the environment needs a ITIL foundation class or 10 and some lean methodologies deployed. turn over rate is high in some areas while others just hunker down and deal with the current environment.
Ok
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2018
No room for advancement . Punch clock employment. Nothing to challenging. The management in not concerned with others professional advancement. Only their own
Rapid change pushes the envelope and requires excellence
Medical Staff Office Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAApril 1, 2018
Driven environment. Functions at a much higher level than a small hospital. Seeks to excel and does so. Rapid growth in many ways and somewhat difficult keeping up with the changes, though always for the better. Challenging but productive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very heavy workloads
fun learning experience
Intern for medical records (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I interned during the summer for medical records at the hospital and loved working with everyone there. i had my own office and did a lot of clerical and file work.
High Pressure environment.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAFebruary 16, 2018
The hospital has great pay and benefits but you will most certainly burn out. The lab had a ridiculously high turnover rate and there was practically no management.
Very fast paced
Charge and Ancillary Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CA 94904February 8, 2018
Management is great, no micro-managing.
Co-workers excellent to work with.
Very educational.
Was able to create many graphs and spreadsheets plus flyers.
A busy and growing hospital community
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Almost everyday was very busy and constantly challenging. The hospital had gone under several new management situations, and needed a great many updates, medical equipment, advanced learning issues, every changing requirements of each of us. At time a very large patient or working load, since the work was responded patience crisis situations that could and would change your prioritizes almost every minute. It was a great job that was truly challenging and I would still want to work there if it wasn't for health reasons.
Pros
A growing and challenging work enviroment
Cons
A great deal of stress, physically, emotionally and intellectually
Friendly
student (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CADecember 14, 2017
You feel like you're surrounded by friends. Learning is inevitable and most enjoyable, helping you stay sharp and feel competent. The management is extremely friendly, supportive, and encouraging. High acuity may contribute to a higher difficulty, but the every-day pleasure of working in a great team makes everything worthwhile.
It's a fast pace place
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CANovember 3, 2017
Marin General is a very busy place. It won't make you rich but it dose make you feel good that you're in the business of saving lives.If I have to do it again, I may stay for 2 years instead of almost 6.
Putting fires out, reactive not proactive
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Marin County, CAOctober 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference everyday. Although things were ran very poorly, I had the ability to contribute and ensure everything I was a part of had a successful outcome and helped those who needed it.
Pros
Making a difference everyday
Cons
Missed lunches, missed breaks, and poor management
Ambiente de trabajo divertido y professional
Interim Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAAugust 27, 2017
Great working environment. Very professional and save.
great place to work
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2017
working day shift my duties included parking authority, detex rounds, guest services, first responder to stat calls. respond to alarms.we sometimes had to go hands on with patients in the psyc ward as there were two of them.the hardest part of the job was dealing with employees parking in the patient parking.it was a good place to work. the most enjoyable part of the job was there is room for advancement
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
to far to travel
Nice place, but not so nice
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJuly 28, 2017
There are perks why I decided to come and work here, but eventually it's a lot of discord between staff and management. Staff had been here a long time but management keeps on changing with new rules and changes.
We brought issues to the physicians for they understand the underlying cause. But management, good luck, they put it in paper and stays in the paper. Just talk and no action. I don't think I can stay here longer.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Poor management experience
Old staff, new management
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJuly 26, 2017
Worked as an OR nurse here for 16 years and no support from management to check staff competency. Our director is a psychiatric nurse and has no background in the OR which I find it ironic. The culture is physician driven and staff's voice mostly muffled. Got a few more years before I retire and management just come and go.
Pros
Nice private place
Cons
Short staff, incompetent management
Worked as Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Raphael CaJune 20, 2017
Scheduling appointments, charting patients information, Take Vital Signs correspond between Laboratory, Pharmacy and Doctors answering patients questions etc...
Diverse and Rewarding
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAMay 24, 2017
Great environment to work in that is culturally diverse and the work is rewarding and there is room for growth. The staff is a huge plus of the job and there is a lot to learn.
They let you get funded to go back to school.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CAMay 24, 2017
I would go to the float pool to find what floor i would work on.I'd go tot the floor and get report from the cna on duty. Then I'd get vital signs and chart them. i'd pass trays and collect them. I'd chart the intakes and outputs.I didn't get a long with my boss because of my health issues. We worked as a family on the floors and helped everyone. I enjoyed going to the different floors.
Pros
Being able to go where ever I wanted to go in the hospital
Cons
Not being able to leave the float pool.
The people
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMay 11, 2017
The people that work at the facility embody the hospital & the hospital is great because of the people and the people that i work work are awesome. And the location is breath taking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marin General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about