Marine Credit Union

Marine Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States57 reviews
Never again
Sales drive, scorecard is not weighted correctly. They want to focus on the member, but they could not be farther from it.

Micromanaging, do not let MSRs make decisions without approval from supervisor or branch manager. Many times these decisions can be made without the need of supervisor.
Great Environment NO growth
MCU is a fantastic place, most of the time. There is a pretty good life/work balance and the Team is exceptional. There is no growth opportunity. If you start at that position plan on staying in it unless you know someone.
Bad Environment
No one here cares about anyone else. The managers just want constant growth even at the expense of members. I was repeatedly encouraged to write loans for people who would be negatively affected overall. Pretends that they're about helping the community when all they care about is volume. If you have any morals, this place is not for you.
Horrible company philosophy
They prey on unqualified customer relationships. Banking knowledge is low from CEO down... I wouldn’t recommend them as an employer for any reason. No support or growth possibilities
Was their 5 years with promises of promotions that never came true.
Trained others who were promoted that i trained. Empty promises. Was told time and time that I would be advanced into a management position and wasn't. Did not feel appreciated their.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great pay and cheap benefit premiums!!
Marine is a great place to work. Sure you work very hard, but I feel very fairly compensated for the work that I do. Additionally, the benefit premiums are very low, which helps add to my bottom line. I really like Marine's mission, "...to advance the lives of people from a place of financial need to a life of ownership and giving back in our communities...", and I feel like they really stand by that. With the foundation and other ways they give back, I feel proud to work here. People are looked at as people and not just their credit score. Additionally, the company is always looking for ways to give back to employees.
Great Place to Work
Marine Credit Union isn't for everybody. Very demanding job, but also very rewarding. Where else can you work and help members grow from a spot where they believe they have no other options and watch them move into a life of ownership. The management cares for your development, if you make sure they know what you want to do. They will set you on a growth plan and lay out exactly what you can do. The Marine Credit Union Foundation and community involvement is truly incredible. Wouldn't regret my time working for Marine Credit Union ever. It has been life changing not only for members I have worked with, but also my family.

When considering employment with Marine Credit Union reach out and have a conversation it could end up being a life changing experience for you!
Great Culture and opportunity
Rapid pace environment with a service focus of providing positive member experiences. Recognition based on performance. Several opportunities for advancement.
Marine credit union offers many great opportunity’s and is a great place to start your career!
Endless opportunities for growth, competitive pay, provides training to be successful in a new position, flexible, great bonuses & allows personal days.
Great place to work and learn
This great place with a great mission. Great leaders with high moral and ethical values. I would go back anytime. Great branch in Onalaska wi. The branch Manager was great
Was ok
Seriously, was a good group of co-workers, will not forget them, was the best part, supervisors were usually ok, upper management was a bit out of touch, but corporate driven as always...good family environment and active
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Out of touch senior management
If they are trying to hire you as a Loan Officer: AVOID!!
Very toxic culture, lack of management. They only care about numbers. We had to give people loans with extremely high rates to meet our quotas. Really high turnover.
Pros
Cons
lack of management, toxic environment
Don't work at Marine
Marine is not for everyone. Definitely underpaid as a teller for what you deal with. How many referrals you must get is unrealistic. There are better credit unions to work for, so go elsewhere.
Poor Leadership
My direct supervisor is wonderful, but management in general struggles with leadership skills. There is also a struggle to keep employees due to their lack of communication on promotions. This job does not promote from within often.
Pros
9-5 job and great work experience
Cons
Poor management
Bad Place
This place does allot of Predatory Lending I feel. They charge high Rates and seems they don't care if the member could get approve for a FHA Loan or an Conventional Loan. They also don't seem to replace staff that leaves and therefore leave the Branch understaff and make it hard to do your job.
Pros
Cons
Too Many
It can be a hit or miss
This job can be a hit or miss allow you to make a lot of money, but there are a lot of things that will get in the way or that. Its a fend for your self kind of atmosphere.
Pros
Hours work life balance no weekends
Cons
Skewed system
No Career advancement
Expect to stay in the position you are hired into for a long time. Career advancement is nonexistent. Work is graded on a scorecard and is nearly impossible to excel at.
Mission statement and management do not allign
Member service is talked about but the actions only seem to be driven by the scorecard. The systems used by the company are very poor and have no intuition. Not a positive work environment
Lack of motivation/ no advancement opportunities
It was very boring at times with nothing to do during some of the time. Sitting in a cubicle gets old after awhile. Long time employees like to micro manage other co-workers in the office including management and nothing was ever done about it.
Contact Center
HIgh volume contact center.
The contact center provides support for members by phone, electronic and mailed correspondence.

Primary duty is to provide quality customer service via phone.

Excellent initial and continual training. Strong support from immediate supervisor and manager.
Awful
i would not recommend this company to anyone. They expected you solicit loans to people who did not need them or people that should not have them. It was difficult to get help when you needed it as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marine Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight