Mariner Finance Employee Reviews

good company...poorly run department
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDNovember 19, 2018
Mariner Finance provides some good corporate benefits with fairly priced health care, etc.....they even match your 401k contributions, which is a rarity these days....
the people were fine, the culture is somewhat subdued on a daily basis...., but it was not a problem going there each day....
Horrible Horrible Horrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 9, 2018
Management (AVP) is the worst especially in the Front Royal Va office--only care about goals and harassing people versus the employees-- lies are a common thing and hiding things is an everyday thing as well to protect certain people. Working for this company was a mistake and wish I never had went there--- I refuse to recommend this company to anyone
Pros
no pros
Cons
management lies
Wouldn't Recommend
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 7, 2018
The only reason I didn't give one star is because hours are ok, when you actually work them. This company will take advantage of you, like making you stay late without compensation. They make you do WAY MORE work than your position calls for so everyone else can be lazy. It's also a pain to get the time off that you earned because management only does what benefits them and doesnt care about the rest of the office. DON'T DO IT!
Never Again
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 27, 2018
They are so unorganized, and when they let you go they discuss it all in the office nothing private, I would suggest you look other places not a good place to work
Benefits
Cons
loved working with the customers
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 23, 2018
It had it's ups and downs but overall I enjoyed my job. Worked with a number of managers in less than 2 years. Very frustrating having stability. No employee appreciation lunches or just a Kudo's. But I still enjoyed the job because if I needed time off for an appointment or family situation it was no problem.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
Worst Company to Work For (RUN!!!!!)
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 21, 2018
This was the absolute worst employer I have ever had!!! Upper management is vindictive, cold-hearted and careless about workers. They lie to get you in the company. They work overwork you, but don't want to pay you justly for the work you do. As an account representative this is what you do:
1. Sales
2. Customer service
3. Collections
4. Administrative
5. Loan officer/closer

You fulfill all these roles, but you get paid like you only work customer service. They make you work over until the company reaches its goals. And don't complain HR if upper management mistreats you and harasses you because they will ALL conspire against you! If you are considering working here...all I can say is RUN!!!! It's better to wait longer for a better company than to get stuck with this horrible company.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 20, 2018
I love my job. Wish I had more control over my district. The work that is required is not always feasible within the allotted time. There are may late nights that help me to exceed in my position.
Do not and never apply for this company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDOctober 9, 2018
The company culture and management in there is chaotic. The supervisor encouraged team members speak ill of others behind their backs. Terrible work place I have ever stayed. No respect you will ever fell. No work-life balance. Everyone is hypocritical. They pretended to smile to you but stab you in the back. Disgusted.
Pros
No pros!
Cons
chaotic, no respect, hypocritical, fake
Brown Nosing Gets You Ahead
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2018
Any serious IT support professionals stay clear from this company. Unrealistic expectations handed down by the CIO which causes friction in certain areas of the IT department. When the work plies up for the Service Desk, don't look to the Manager to help out by taking a call or working a email ticket. 6 of us to support 2000 users clearly is productive in the eyes of the company. The most under appreciated team in the company. And forget about advancement there is only one level you can work at. But if you suck up to upper management, then you have secured your place here.
Pros
Across from movie theater
Cons
Short breaks, high employee turnover, low pay
Not a positive environment to work in
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I am going to keep this short and sweet. Do not work for this company. You will regret it. Management is terrible, pay is terrible, and they will sell you a dream of being promoted within six months or so. Again, do not take this job
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
short breaks, negative environment
My review and thoughts
Recovery Department (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 18, 2018
You have to be in a click to survive, the best thing is leave at the end of the day. There are very few that you can trust and talk to, even if is a minute or to being told you need to be on the phone. There are other that are so loud and nothing has ever been said. I had to tell one person to lower their voice so that I could hear my customer on the phone.
Ok
Centralized Credit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2018
it was boring but i had good experience. Management was good. i did the same thing over and over all day. got bored but listened to music. it was an ok time.
Productive and professional
Compliance Representative/ Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 21, 2018
Daily tasks focused on responding and reviewing credit reporting disputes. Once every few weeks we pull reports which help track and understand why we are receiving credit report disputes.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No opportunity to
Hard to be noticed in this company
Account Representative/Collections (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 15, 2018
All this company cares about is bottom line. No overtime allowed but an unsurpassed workload is supposed to be accomplished to get senior management bonuses. Not family friendly at all even though business hours are good.
Pros
off on Sunday and most Saturdays 9am to 5pm schedule
Cons
Expectations are very unrealistic, understaffed, moral is very low
Great Company
Senior Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDAugust 14, 2018
Competitive and fast paced but fun environment. Collaboration between departments. Great benefits and competitive pay. No shortage of work with occasional downtime sprinkled in.
Pros
Good pay, challenging fast paced environment
Cons
Short lunches and occasional long hours
Fast paced, challenging work and camaraderie
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 8, 2018
This is a fast paced environment where critical thinkers can succeed! Rapid growth may have created some strain in the organization, but this company is prepared to go places!
Pros
Benefits, challenging work, ability to work independantly
Cons
This is not the best company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
Benefit are good and some of the people you work with are ok and the customers are good to work for, some higher management needs some help with a few things
Unrealistic goals. Pay is terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 24, 2018
Fast paced. Little down time. Policies and procedures change so often its difficult to keep up. Micro managed with every part of the day. Nearly impossible to "bonus". 15 paid days off for vacation and sickness.
Pros
I love the people I work with.
Cons
Pay, Micro management, upper management
Inconsistent and stressful
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJune 19, 2018
There is the good and bad much like any job. But as of recently it has become worse. With all of the acquisitions the company is going through, and the constant realignment in management, the job stability has become very stressful. The company has taken on more than it should have with acquiring so many new companies and offices at once. I have gone through 4 sets of managers in less than a 2 year time span, and have been placed as a target branch.
Pros
Monday through Friday, Paid Time Off
Cons
Management, Company Mergers, Advancement, Raises
Cool Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
Mariner Finance was a great place to work, I just wasn't very comfortable with the loan business. Collection calls weren't bad, but soliciting money to the delinquent accounts would save the account but further in-debt the customer and I didn't agree with that portion at all.
Pros
1 hour lunches. Had lunch at your desk if wanted. could your desk feel close to home (pictures, heaters, foot rest, snack drawers.)
Cons
Putting people further in debt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariner Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight