Mariner Finance Employee Reviews

Typical selfish finance company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Great hours and benefits to start with. Usually we do not get to see these on a finance company. sometimes worked on Saturdays but that's okay, I know what i signed up for. Tremendous amount of work load, never ending process. Supervisors micromanage at all times. Rather its a physical visit, phone call or email. Fast workplace and too much work drama.
Pros
Teaches you how to work in a fast working environment and good benefits.
Cons
supervisors will micromanage, too many goals, selfish company, fake promises but they will never promote from inside.
Micro managed & under paid
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I worked for This company for seven years. The pay is terrible, the bonuses are unattainable, upper management are arrogant narcissistic men. You are really just a number, you do not matter. If you have a rough month your job is on the line. This job is so stressful I would literally go home sick daily. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Too many to type
Cutthroats, Devious, Manipulative, Untrustworthy
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 28, 2018
To be honest as I always am...my summary says it all. Its unfortunate that I feel this way about the company that I used to enjoy working for, but however I have seen and heard things with my own eyes and ears that has changed the way I feel about this company! I do want to go to H/R but I know that walls have ears and the dept. is NOT as confidential as they say.
Pros
Helping customers through financial difficulties
Cons
Not being able to trust who you work with
Very negative enviroment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 21, 2018
Run away don't walk system is old. Worse six weeks of my life
Took a test that I must pass on day three I did pass it manager not fully involved or ready for a new hire
Pros
Hpurs work was ok
Cons
Management systems used to work with the job
Run
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 14, 2018
Work a typical 40 hr week. The problem is not enough workers for the work. You do way more than what your job title requires. The only way to move up in this company is to be a butt kisser. I for one didn't go to night school for this. Management is awful and only likes you if do what they say. This company only focuses on numbers not the value of the worker. What a waste of my time.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, need more workers
Lesson learned...
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 30, 2018
The company will reward top performers, but the culture is toxic. Management by intimidation at its finest. I was consistently cursed for either being "Unwilling, unable or not committed enough to do the job". The sky is constantly falling in the office. You don't have enough loans, delinquency is too high, all the while you are being forced to make loans to customers that have zero ability to repay the loan by the company's own matrix. This is followed by the question of why you made the loan. Consistently told to break collection regulations to hit numbers. This came in the form of, "this is what you can do, BUT I would do this." My supervisor explained that I was expected to work the hours required to hit goals no matter what, and if I didn't he would "fire me before I could effect his money". These threats were not isolated incidents throughout my year with the company, this was everyday to all managers in his district. 90% of the employees in the state have left the company as a direct result of the regional manager. Amazing that we have to work these hours to hit numbers for his bonus to be bigger, while he sits in the back office and works his side job. Paying customers taxes won't do themselves I guess... Overall, this was the worst work environment I have ever had. Management has lost an understanding of what happens on the branch level, and really doesn't care. DO NOT BUY WHAT THEY ARE SELLING, if you want a paycheck try ANYWHERE else. If you want a CAREER, run for your life.
Pros
Paycheck was never late
Cons
Management.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  McComb, MSNovember 21, 2018
This company cares nothing about training and developing their employees. The main concern is to throw someone in a position in hopes that they will train their selves and make the company money. You're just another number and the higher up have no clue to what they are doing. It's the blind leading the blind. The company keeps the offices understaffed and will hold u accountable for things that u dont have the time are man power to possibly do. Sadly the cycle will continue.
Pros
Your pay check! Thats it.
Cons
30 minute lunch, Saturdays are mandatory, schedule changes at a moment's notice, micromanaging, company dont want u to have a voice. Nothing is ever enough, company is not compliant, policies change daily, predatory lender. Ect.
good company...poorly run department
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDNovember 19, 2018
Mariner Finance provides some good corporate benefits with fairly priced health care, etc.....they even match your 401k contributions, which is a rarity these days....
the people were fine, the culture is somewhat subdued on a daily basis...., but it was not a problem going there each day....
Horrible Horrible Horrible Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 9, 2018
Management (AVP) is the worst especially in the Front Royal Va office--only care about goals and harassing people versus the employees-- lies are a common thing and hiding things is an everyday thing as well to protect certain people. Working for this company was a mistake and wish I never had went there--- I refuse to recommend this company to anyone
Pros
no pros
Cons
management lies
Wouldn't Recommend
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 7, 2018
The only reason I didn't give one star is because hours are ok, when you actually work them. This company will take advantage of you, like making you stay late without compensation. They make you do WAY MORE work than your position calls for so everyone else can be lazy. It's also a pain to get the time off that you earned because management only does what benefits them and doesnt care about the rest of the office. DON'T DO IT!
Never Again
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 27, 2018
They are so unorganized, and when they let you go they discuss it all in the office nothing private, I would suggest you look other places not a good place to work
Benefits
Cons
loved working with the customers
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 23, 2018
It had it's ups and downs but overall I enjoyed my job. Worked with a number of managers in less than 2 years. Very frustrating having stability. No employee appreciation lunches or just a Kudo's. But I still enjoyed the job because if I needed time off for an appointment or family situation it was no problem.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
Worst Company to Work For (RUN!!!!!)
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 21, 2018
This was the absolute worst employer I have ever had!!! Upper management is vindictive, cold-hearted and careless about workers. They lie to get you in the company. They work overwork you, but don't want to pay you justly for the work you do. As an account representative this is what you do:
1. Sales
2. Customer service
3. Collections
4. Administrative
5. Loan officer/closer

You fulfill all these roles, but you get paid like you only work customer service. They make you work over until the company reaches its goals. And don't complain HR if upper management mistreats you and harasses you because they will ALL conspire against you! If you are considering working here...all I can say is RUN!!!! It's better to wait longer for a better company than to get stuck with this horrible company.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 20, 2018
I love my job. Wish I had more control over my district. The work that is required is not always feasible within the allotted time. There are may late nights that help me to exceed in my position.
Do not and never apply for this company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDOctober 9, 2018
The company culture and management in there is chaotic. The supervisor encouraged team members speak ill of others behind their backs. Terrible work place I have ever stayed. No respect you will ever fell. No work-life balance. Everyone is hypocritical. They pretended to smile to you but stab you in the back. Disgusted.
Pros
No pros!
Cons
chaotic, no respect, hypocritical, fake
Brown Nosing Gets You Ahead
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2018
Any serious IT support professionals stay clear from this company. Unrealistic expectations handed down by the CIO which causes friction in certain areas of the IT department. When the work plies up for the Service Desk, don't look to the Manager to help out by taking a call or working a email ticket. 6 of us to support 2000 users clearly is productive in the eyes of the company. The most under appreciated team in the company. And forget about advancement there is only one level you can work at. But if you suck up to upper management, then you have secured your place here.
Pros
Across from movie theater
Cons
Short breaks, high employee turnover, low pay
Not a positive environment to work in
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I am going to keep this short and sweet. Do not work for this company. You will regret it. Management is terrible, pay is terrible, and they will sell you a dream of being promoted within six months or so. Again, do not take this job
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
short breaks, negative environment
My review and thoughts
Recovery Department (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 18, 2018
You have to be in a click to survive, the best thing is leave at the end of the day. There are very few that you can trust and talk to, even if is a minute or to being told you need to be on the phone. There are other that are so loud and nothing has ever been said. I had to tell one person to lower their voice so that I could hear my customer on the phone.
Ok
Centralized Credit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2018
it was boring but i had good experience. Management was good. i did the same thing over and over all day. got bored but listened to music. it was an ok time.
Productive and professional
Compliance Representative/ Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 21, 2018
Daily tasks focused on responding and reviewing credit reporting disputes. Once every few weeks we pull reports which help track and understand why we are receiving credit report disputes.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No opportunity to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mariner Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight