Mariners Church Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Great team to work with
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 12, 2018
The children and the co-workers were great here. My boss was great and all the moms were so helpful with helping me get to know their kids. They were very understanding if an accident happened and grateful for all my hard work.
Great work experiences on VMware
VMware Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2018
anything on vmware and windows, I was able to work here and expanded my skills. They also helped me learn about cisco firewall, cisco nexus switches and my first VSAN implementation was done here.
Great place overall
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 15, 2018
Its superb. I love working here and is truly a blessing. There is there pros and cons to it though. Some pros is that the food is really good and great discounts on the food
Pros
good food
Best School w Amazing Staff
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ocean HillsJanuary 23, 2018
I worked as a Preschool Teacher at Ocean Hills as the new school and yard were being constructed, my Director always focused on children and quality! We were all trying to figure out our constantly changing environments! We had fun with the children and I found much joy in my work!
Pros
Low ratio, fantastic parents, great communication
Cons
Had to do all cleaning
Great experience
College Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 24, 2017
A great to place to intern and grow and be developed as an individual. I was thankful for the opportunity to be poured into by others who are farther along in the career field I desire to be.
setting up for the mothers of pre schoolers group
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDOctober 4, 2017
this was a fulfilling job for me because I was able to help set up and make a comfortable place for moms to come.
I made coffee, set up tables decorated the room. I purchased small gifts as prizes for the moms for ice breaker games.
Innovative church
Associate Pastor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 21, 2017
Positive culture where the staff is valued and the members are loved. Four office days and all day on Sunday is the typical work week. Weekly staff meetings are a time to encourage one another and hear about the life of the people, both volunteers and attenders.
Great fun place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2017
The hardest part was not knowing how to handle situations while still trying to keep up. It was interesting trying to explain certain things to kids since they were so young.
Incredible workspace with great care for employees
Global Outreach Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Interning with Mariners Church is the best decision I've ever made. I love every single day of it. It's equipped me with many important skills and experiences I never would have had without Mariners.
Overall Decent Experience
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 23, 2016
Working here was a great experience. I liked the management and staff a lot. The only issue was the hours. Since it was located at a church, I would only work weekends leaving me little time to do anything else such as study, pursue hobbies, etc.
Server, Cashier, Runner, Prep (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2016
• Culinary Foundation I
• Food Safety and Sanitation
• College Success and Career Portfolio
• Bilingual English/Vietnamese
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Place to make a difference
Latin America Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 28, 2015
Mariners is a great place to work. Coworkers are passionate about the difference they are making in the lives of the people they work with. The hardest part is that there is a lot of work that goes on outside work hours that isn't necessarily paid for. That is tough. A typical day includes spending the majority of the day in the office at a desk planning ministry events, attending meetings, organizing volunteer teams, etc. I have definitely learned the value of serving those around you both people you work with and people on whose behalf you work. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I get to work with. They are passionate about improving life in Orange County.
enjoyed working at the church we attended
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2015
I worked at Mariners Church and loved to serve people where we attend church. I answered a busy switchboard with a church of approximately 8,000 people.
Excellent church to attend and have a career. Excellent leadership.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2013
Each day the staff meets in the morning to review and respond to the events that need to be completed that day. Every staff member is encouraged to have an input. The hardest part of the job was to make enough supplies for unexpected children and parents attending large events. I never wanted to turn any families away. The most rewarding part of the job was to see how the events always were a success!
Pros
Unexpected days away...beach, paddle boarding, etc...
Cons
Excellent benefits, promoted outdoor activies on campus (volleyball, baseball, basketball courts)
Loved Working at Mariners Church
Singles Pastor / Bookstore Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2012
Had a delightful time working at Mariners Church; 5 years full time and another 4 in part time status.

Loved the environment, staff and job!