MARIO'S PIZZA Employee Reviews

Stable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 25, 2019
They are loyal to there employees. San Pedro was a decent work environment, definitely a family. They also will be consultant in expectation and will always put forth their best effort.
Good restaurant
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 11, 2019
Local managers make this easy. Easy paperwork system and good employees with lots of experience. You'll need some experience in management, not too much of training.
Pros
Little supervision
very nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 26, 2018
very fast paced and many deliveries to make daily tips. Learned how to multi task in very busy restaurant . Learned how to prepare certain Italian dishes as well as experience in delivering orders to customers satisfaction.
Pros
free meals, daily tips
Cons
not too many break periods
Free Food & Drinks
Head Server (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Typical work day would be coming in. Stocking tables, and drink cooler. Also ice in soda machine. Counting out drawer money. Management was alright, a little rude sometimes. Hardest part of the job is LONG days, with little pay off the books and no legal breaks. Most enjoyable part is place was down to earth and casual wear.
Pros
Free food and Drinks
Cons
Over worked, No breaks
Food is good
Keyholder, Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCAugust 9, 2018
The owners are more concerned with nepotism than they are with keeping a quality staff. promoted a cousin from another store to the GM in Mebane because he asked for it even though he has no management experience and abysmal customer service skills.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwood, NJJuly 24, 2018
People are nice, food is good. A very tight-knit community where everyone knows the customers coming in. A lot of reoccurring faces and plenty of down time to casually make boxes and chat with customers/employees.
Bad place to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2018
Working here was horrible. The owner and manager verbally abused all of the employees and had obvious favorites. Every position is underpayed for the amount of work we had to put in. Cleanliness was also horrible in the cooking areas. Will never go back to eat or to work.
fast and exciting pace
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCDecember 5, 2017
you definitely had to be a fast thinker and quick on your toes to stay up with the high volume of customers these stores produce. great product great business plan
Pros
I made a fair salary
Cons
hours away from the family
not fun
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Mannington, WVNovember 30, 2017
It used to be a fun place to work. Not anymore owner makes it too stressful. I worked my but off when owner didn't have be enough employee's then when she finally hired enough people to cover all the shifts my hours got cut.
Pros
Good pay with poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCNovember 1, 2017
I had a really bad manager at Mario's but I did get paid well considering I was under 18 at the time but worked 12 hour shifts without break. I did gain some life-long friends there though.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
no or short breaks, bad management
Enjoyable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  mid centre mall ChaguanasOctober 28, 2017
Morning time usually was slow. Lunch time was paced into the evening time. To be much more aware of my surroundings. Management was understandable of your personal life. Work place was a bit petty due to the amount of women worked there. Being on your feet almost your whole shifted hours with only 15 minutes break. The most enjoyable thing was making the pizza and meeting new people.
Best Family Owned Pizza Shop
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 18, 2017
Probably one of my favorite jobs I've had in my early adult life. The pay isn't the best, but I love driving and I love pizza.
Start the day like every other with making the boxes, stacking the food struck order in fridge and on shelves. Then deliver pizzas all day and or night.
Management was amazing. They really went out of their way to make you feel like family. The coworkers were also good people.
The hardest part of the job was the dishes staking up when it got busy.
The best part was being able to listen to my music when I drove from place to place.
Pros
Free meals, nice neighborhoods for deliveries
Cons
Wear and tear on vehicle
Well rounded work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYJanuary 22, 2017
It was a well productive business that was friendly and well surrounded with good management as well as a friendly staff
Pros
discounts off meals, slices of pizza were free
Very energetic place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oakville, CTDecember 2, 2016
I always exceeded my expectations of work. I was never late and never minded if I had to stay after to help close the restaurant. I always got good feed back and some costumers wanted to meet me because their food was outstanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Could be very slow and caused me to get sent home early
Fun Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDDecember 1, 2016
Great overall experience, welcoming and natural feeling for every employee. Warm and inviting a great place to start out in customer service and money management.
Good food and service of customers but....
Slice Guy (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 11, 2016
I love working for Mario's Pizza but, the managers are unprofessional and very hypocritical, they will tell you to stay off your phone and then proceed to stay on theirs when a customer is asking questions. if they don't want to work they'll make you do it for them it is a very unprofessional and unfair enviornment

some of the things I have learned though, is patience for people, simple cooking, how to make paninis, pizza, rolls.

the coworkers besides the managers are great, nice people, funny and very helpful.

i would say the hardest part of the job is a busy day with no assistance from anyone. burning slices is easy and so is messing up an order.
Pros
good food, flexible hours, simple work
Cons
bad pay, bad managers
Productive workplace
Answer phones (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 19, 2016
The workers in this workplace are so kind! At first, i struggled with answering phones and doing the job, but the co-workers helped me. You meet lots of new people and talk to many too. It gets busy at most days, but it was a great job.
Pros
Free lunches
love it
Evening Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 30, 2015
It was an enjoyable place. Great to see so many high school students learn about the job force. Sorry to see them close up and move back to West Virginia and go back to old employer.
I loved it until..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2015
I worked overtime, would clean the entire restaurant top to bottom by myself every shift I worked (which was usually open-close), cooked, worked as a cashier and when I told the manager I would like to move to part-time so I could go back to school and obtain my High School Diploma he gave me an ultimatum of stay working here or get fired. So, I quit.
Prepare to Work - A Lot!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2015
Long days, some late nights, hectic times and slow times. It's like a roller coaster, but somehow I enjoyed it. Typically pays better than most restaurants.