Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas Employee Reviews

Low pay and very stressful
SPA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Non-stop moving with very low pay. A lot of favoritism. Management does not understand your complains. They think the job is very easy. Coworkers are very ignorant and judgmental
Great company
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Mario Tricoci salon and spa is a great place to work if you are in the beauty industry. They offer continued education hours and always keeping up with the latest and most inovative treatments and skin care products. They offer employees discounts, healthcare,401k, dental ,and vision benefits. The managers were very supportive and willing to be flexible with your schedule if you needed time off. The staff there was like a family. They were passionate about their work and showed how much they cared for not only their own clients but for their co-workers too. They featured big glamorous events that show cased new trends in hairstyles, haircuts and color not to mention the beautiful models they made over! Overall I really enjoyed my years there and working there made be become a master at my craft.
Pros
Benefits, people, clients, great work schedule.
Cons
Pay scale
Fast paced healthy enviorment
Style assistant (Former Employee) –  SchaumburgAugust 24, 2018
It was a healthy enviorment with fast paced workers. Your constant on your feet and have to attend to customer needs. Tips are included. Staying posittive not only helped the work place but those around me to.
Pros
Discounts on hair cuts and color
Great people and wonderful place to work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 9, 2018
I love coming into work each day at Mario Tricoci!

I have learned so much in just my short time here. The training is extensive and you learn a lot.I am always excited to learn something new or take on new tasks.
My work-life balance is great. Management is not only kind, but always willing to help and very knowledgeable. The culture here is fast-paced but we are a team and everyone has everyone's back! One day at work is never the same and that is what keeps me excited for what is to come the next day.
I would recommend working here to all my friends. I can't say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Great people to work with, good work-life balance, discounts, fun environment
don't do it
Color Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 5, 2018
You will not be paid enough at all. Totally over worked. Managers don't let you take time off unless your in an emergence and your not allowed to have any days off from October to March.
Very fast paced
Colorist assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
This job is very fast paced and can sometimes get very stressful. Management was always more worried about their colorist and hairstylist than trainees. Team member were willing to help and train
Poor management and horrible coworkers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ILJuly 4, 2018
I worked there a minimum of 5/6 months. The other GSRs were very young and didn’t have a sense of being an adult. No one had your back. No one helped each other out. This is not a place to work when you have children. Management wasn’t any different.
Pros
Good discount
shallow
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 29, 2018
Not a nice work environment, no vacation time -have to make up the hours you will be missing on top of the 40 hours/ week required AND you have to find coverage- No work/life balence possible with the hours they schedule.
Pros
Discounted services an products
Cons
Pay, hours
horrible place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 7, 2018
wasnt worth my time everyone was rude and talked about the customers horribly. they didnt have good hours and didnt have great pay for the work i was doing.
Exciting work place
Lead Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 2, 2018
Mario Tricoci was a nice and exciting job, I was able to manage it well with work and school. All employees were treated well and the culture was fun and exciting.
Pros
Cons
less pay

Want to know more about Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas?

Ask a question
Spa review
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 29, 2018
It was great until my mother became so ill and management was not sympathetic about it, so I quit. My mother died 3 months later. The best part of the job was helping clients with their needs.
Pros
discount on services
Cons
varied hours
Great company to work for!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 29, 2018
I truly loved working at Mario's. Only reason why I am not there anymore is because I moved. I recommend working here for a life long career! The more you work, the more you make.
Stay away from Old Orchard Salon
GC Services (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 22, 2018
Management is childish and incompetent. They don't pay enough to live and insurance is offered after a year?! Joke of a company. Management couldn't even answer my emails. So unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Cheap
No substance here at Mario’s
Licensed Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 1, 2018
Poor management
Favoritism
Cannot disturb management when they are socializing
Equipment takes forever getting fixed
Very unprofessional environment
Little pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 28, 2018
The pay is way too little for the amount of work a gsr has to do. We always get yelled at by customers, managers, and the workers there. It feels like my life revolved around that place.
Friendly and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 26, 2018
Everyday was something new, I personally worked for customer service as a representative booked all appointments for guest and answered any questions they may have had. Management is very understanding lets you call off no questions asked.. very flexible schedule.. always something fun going on with the company.
Good Place
Esthetics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILApril 14, 2018
I have been with this company on and off for 4 years. I like the atmosphere in general. It feels a little unorganized at times but it is far more organized than other related institutions. Can be a fun place otherwise.
Not the best place
Shampoo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 13, 2018
I learned a lot during my time at Tricoci, however myself and many other people have left the salon due to overall cattiness of the people working there, long working hours, a hard time getting time off, and demanding and rude customers. Furthermore management didn't really care to focus on us and I would say my go-to for anything would be the lead colorist. The hardest part was working 8 hours a day on your feet and always running around. The women are really catty and it was hard to fit in at first.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not nice people to work with
Great Learning Environment
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 3, 2018
Friendly staff made being a new comer very easy. Also advanced training and continuing education provided regularly. Management was extremely supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Beautiful Locations
Cons
Hard to build clientele
Fast Paced Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
As a shampoo assistant i had to look for things to do to make sure the both of the first and second floor areas were clean. it was a fast paced enviroment and there was always someone who neede help. it kept me busy even during the slower days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about