Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas Employee Reviews

Steals your happiness
employee (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day: Overworked and underpaid
What I learned: Do not work at Mario's
Workplace culture: every man for himself
Hardest part of job: trying to work and be professional while management is immature and creates a hostile work environment
Most enjoyable part of the job: leaving and NEVER coming back
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Awsome management and fun colleagues!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 7, 2019
I have been working for this company for 7 years! It really is a great place to work. The management team is amazing! The educators are also some really talented people. This company is truly my second family. Together we make an awsome team.
Pros
Free education!
Cons
No sick days
February 13, 2019

Thank you for the review. We are thankful for your 7 years of dedication with us and are looking forward to sharing your continued success. We take pride in educating all of our technicians and maintaining a strong culture. We're glad you're on our team and are appreciative of your feedback and support.

Wonderful place to work!
Nail Technician & Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 7, 2019
If you are passionate about the beauty industry, look no further! Mario Tricoci is the place for you! The sky is the limit for people who work for this company! You can be involved in so many ways. Being a technician, guest service representative, manager, recruitment and training team and so much more! We do special events like Mario Make Me a Model, Wella Trend Vision and photo shoots! Take your beauty career to the next level at Mario Tricoci!
February 13, 2019

Thanks for the great compliments! It’s because of dedicated team members like you that we can continue build successful careers. We take pride in our teams’ capabilities and love the opportunity to showcase their talents at special events.

Fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 7, 2019
Mario Tricoci is a fun environment to work in. Everyone works together well. The staff and management are wonderful. The uniform is really easy, all black. And the ease of training was excellent
February 13, 2019

It’s certainly team members like you that are able to continue to make our culture strong and fun! Thank you for the great review.

Low pay, poor management
Color Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 29, 2019
If you want to feel like a slave, do laundry, cleaning and other choirs all day long for minimum wage-that’s a place for you. I worked there as an assistant over a year and never got on the floor. Eventually just lost my patience and went to another salon where I was actually a stylist, not a cleaning service. Horrible management. She will be taking care of her own stuff like getting nails done and etc but if she will see you sitting down she will find some extra work to do for you. Hated working there and feel bad that wasted the whole year of my life for nothing. Totally not worth it! There are other places where you can learn stuff while actually doing it.
Pros
Good discount on services and products
Cons
Literally everything else
February 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We do take all issues seriously and are sorry to hear your experience at Schaumburg wasn’t great. Your experience is not reflective of our culture or values. To properly handle the issues, please contact us at askcareers@tricoci.com

Ruined my career
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Mario’s was supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel for me but instead was so slow and boring that I wanted to leave . I did quit Mario’s within my first 90 days because I can’t work for somewhere where it’s naptime all the time and hours aren’t set.
Pros
Disclunts
Cons
Everything else
February 8, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry that you felt this way when working at Mario Tricoci. Our training and mentorship program is in place to set-up all employees up for success. We hope you will take the opportunity to send your feedback to askcareers@tricoci.com

Please do not apply at the schaumburg location stay away
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 18, 2019
Management is awful. They are so immature. They do not know what they are doing. Racial comments are being said by some management at that location. They give gsrs attitude and gossip about everyone who works there. They over work the front desk for little pay and when you ask for a raise its a joke to them. They are IMMATURE. Please save your time by not applying to this location. You can work there for 10+ years and never move up. Its ridiculous. Also, management makes fun of guests. Save your money & time. It feels like high school all over again.. This place is awful!!!
Pros
Discounts are great on services and as well as all products which is wonderful
Cons
Little pay & over worked
January 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience during your time at Schaumburg. We take all issues seriously and are sorry about your experience. Please contact us at askcareers@tricoci.com so we can resolve the situation appropriately.

Love the opportunity
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 10, 2018
This company provides education at the forefront! Always leads the industry with latest innovative product. The benefits also are very attainable. I high recommend this location for a bright future!
Pros
Paid education
Cons
Not enough employees!
December 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. We take pride in educating all of our technicians and staying up-to-date with the latest products. We're glad you're on our team!

Not the best place
Color Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILDecember 8, 2018
Starting out into cosmetology and going into Mario as an intern, I highly disliked it. Everyone was very stuck up. I was looked down because I was only an assistant. There would be times where I would clean up and have everything organized and a colorist would come in an spill all over my clean towels or area on purpose so I would have more work to do. Notified manager she never did anything because I was just an assistant.
Pros
Discount
December 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns. We carefully select assistants based on talent and potential. Through our training program we strive to help you grow into successful Stylists or Colorists. We are very sorry to hear you felt undervalued. Your experience is not reflective of our culture or values. Please give us the opportunity to address this issue by emailing askcareers@tricoci.com.

Ok place to start
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 29, 2018
The company is not bad. They offer benefits but they are completely out of pocket. Lots of training and education. Very poor pay borderline impossible to live comfortably working here. Techs are paid salary vs. commission. 8.25 an hour until you surpass in services how much you would make hourly then 35% commission kicks in but you only receive the commission if it is over how much you would make hourly. 10% commission on retail. If you are just starting off with company get ready to sit around all day for minimum wage. Over all company is great they just pay their tech horribly thats why their turnover rate is so high.
December 10, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and are glad you think this is a great company. Hopefully you’re taking advantage of the business building tools, including training and mentorship that will help build your book faster and is why Mario Tricoci has the lowest turnover rate in the industry. If you want to discuss your benefits or have other questions, feel free to email askcareers@tricoci.com.

The only thing they had to offer was their name
Colorist in Training / Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 3, 2018
I should have done my research prior to applying here. The pay is only $8.25 an hour and you do more than the actual colorist and stylists do. Even if you have your license, you still have to go through many, many months of additional training before they allow you to work on the floor. Almost everyone there is unprofessional, impersonal, and completely disrespectful. The employees only care about their money and not their clients.
Pros
90% Discount on Services
Cons
Literally everything else
December 10, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. It is very important to us that you feel supported and appreciated. If you'd like to discuss these issues, please email us at askcareers@tricoci.com.

I was working at Mario Tricoci over 20 years
Nail Technician, spa esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
I was working at Mario Tricoci over 20 years and it was great place to work
with lot of professionals. I learned a lot of new skills at this place.
Pros
secure steady place of employment with benefits
Cons
stressfull and lot of employee favoritism
December 10, 2018

Thank you. We appreciate your service and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Mario Tricoci.

Bad place for experienced beauticians
Color Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 19, 2018
I am a licensed cosmetologist and have salon experience and I have the same duties and am treated the same as the teenagers in beauty school at my location. All I do is laundry, shampoo, assist technicians and clean. I am an adult and making minimum wage for at least a year before they let any new stylist/colorist on the floor even with previous salon experience, the education/training is great but it's a slap in the face if you have had a clientele and know what you are doing. And you will be making minimum wage for about 2 years until you build a large clientele. So about 3 years total on minimum wage. If I had just graduated from beauty school,was still in it or it was my first job then this job would be perfect, but even technicians that have been on the floor for a couple years have recently quit or have been talking about quiting because of many issues management has failed to address including low pay.
Pros
Benefits, free classes
Cons
Awful pay, prolonged training, useless daily responsibilities, experience neglected by salon
December 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our programs are self paced, you may have the opportunity to move through the program faster. If you'd like to discuss ways to accelerate your training, you can email jgialliuisi@tricoci.com.

Low pay and very stressful
SPA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Non-stop moving with very low pay. A lot of favoritism. Management does not understand your complains. They think the job is very easy. Coworkers are very ignorant and judgmental
Great company
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Mario Tricoci salon and spa is a great place to work if you are in the beauty industry. They offer continued education hours and always keeping up with the latest and most inovative treatments and skin care products. They offer employees discounts, healthcare,401k, dental ,and vision benefits. The managers were very supportive and willing to be flexible with your schedule if you needed time off. The staff there was like a family. They were passionate about their work and showed how much they cared for not only their own clients but for their co-workers too. They featured big glamorous events that show cased new trends in hairstyles, haircuts and color not to mention the beautiful models they made over! Overall I really enjoyed my years there and working there made be become a master at my craft.
Pros
Benefits, people, clients, great work schedule.
Cons
Pay scale
Ok place to work
Spa Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Great discounts and a fun place to work when you're young. When you're older it gets tiring. You have to keep up with the times and make sure you're dressed to i.press unless you dont mind the side glances.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Extra miney spent to look good
Fast paced healthy enviorment
Style assistant (Former Employee) –  SchaumburgAugust 24, 2018
It was a healthy enviorment with fast paced workers. Your constant on your feet and have to attend to customer needs. Tips are included. Staying posittive not only helped the work place but those around me to.
Pros
Discounts on hair cuts and color
Great people and wonderful place to work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 9, 2018
I love coming into work each day at Mario Tricoci!

I have learned so much in just my short time here. The training is extensive and you learn a lot.I am always excited to learn something new or take on new tasks.
My work-life balance is great. Management is not only kind, but always willing to help and very knowledgeable. The culture here is fast-paced but we are a team and everyone has everyone's back! One day at work is never the same and that is what keeps me excited for what is to come the next day.
I would recommend working here to all my friends. I can't say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Great people to work with, good work-life balance, discounts, fun environment
don't do it
Color Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 5, 2018
You will not be paid enough at all. Totally over worked. Managers don't let you take time off unless your in an emergence and your not allowed to have any days off from October to March.
Very fast paced
Colorist assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
This job is very fast paced and can sometimes get very stressful. Management was always more worried about their colorist and hairstylist than trainees. Team member were willing to help and train

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas. Our community is ready to answer.