Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas Employee Reviews

Poor management and horrible coworkers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ILJuly 4, 2018
I worked there a minimum of 5/6 months. The other GSRs were very young and didn’t have a sense of being an adult. No one had your back. No one helped each other out. This is not a place to work when you have children. Management wasn’t any different.
Pros
Good discount
shallow
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 29, 2018
Not a nice work environment, no vacation time -have to make up the hours you will be missing on top of the 40 hours/ week required AND you have to find coverage- No work/life balence possible with the hours they schedule.
Pros
Discounted services an products
Cons
Pay, hours
horrible place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 7, 2018
wasnt worth my time everyone was rude and talked about the customers horribly. they didnt have good hours and didnt have great pay for the work i was doing.
Spa review
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 29, 2018
It was great until my mother became so ill and management was not sympathetic about it, so I quit. My mother died 3 months later. The best part of the job was helping clients with their needs.
Pros
discount on services
Cons
varied hours
Great company to work for!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 29, 2018
I truly loved working at Mario's. Only reason why I am not there anymore is because I moved. I recommend working here for a life long career! The more you work, the more you make.
Stay away from Old Orchard Salon
GC Services (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 22, 2018
Management is childish and incompetent. They don't pay enough to live and insurance is offered after a year?! Joke of a company. Management couldn't even answer my emails. So unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Cheap
No substance here at Mario’s
Licensed Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 1, 2018
Poor management
Favoritism
Cannot disturb management when they are socializing
Equipment takes forever getting fixed
Very unprofessional environment
Little pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 28, 2018
The pay is way too little for the amount of work a gsr has to do. We always get yelled at by customers, managers, and the workers there. It feels like my life revolved around that place.
Friendly and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 26, 2018
Everyday was something new, I personally worked for customer service as a representative booked all appointments for guest and answered any questions they may have had. Management is very understanding lets you call off no questions asked.. very flexible schedule.. always something fun going on with the company.
Good Place
Esthetics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILApril 14, 2018
I have been with this company on and off for 4 years. I like the atmosphere in general. It feels a little unorganized at times but it is far more organized than other related institutions. Can be a fun place otherwise.
Not the best place
Shampoo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 13, 2018
I learned a lot during my time at Tricoci, however myself and many other people have left the salon due to overall cattiness of the people working there, long working hours, a hard time getting time off, and demanding and rude customers. Furthermore management didn't really care to focus on us and I would say my go-to for anything would be the lead colorist. The hardest part was working 8 hours a day on your feet and always running around. The women are really catty and it was hard to fit in at first.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not nice people to work with
Great Learning Environment
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 3, 2018
Friendly staff made being a new comer very easy. Also advanced training and continuing education provided regularly. Management was extremely supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Beautiful Locations
Cons
Hard to build clientele
Fast Paced Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
As a shampoo assistant i had to look for things to do to make sure the both of the first and second floor areas were clean. it was a fast paced enviroment and there was always someone who neede help. it kept me busy even during the slower days.
Very fashion-forward and high-end workplace.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 13, 2018
I got a very potent taste of the beauty industry at Mario Tricoci. My duty was to check in clients for services such as hair dressing or spa services. I also sold beauty products. I enjoyed learning about beauty services and working with my other colleagues. The only difficulty may have been the real fast pace check in and check outs over the weekends.
Pros
Discounts on product and services, benefits.
Cons
The commute.
it is an okay place to work
Guest Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 11, 2018
very basic.

very good discounts on products for employees

good benefits for employee

there is some employees who treat others poorly, look down upon.
Poor Management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 30, 2018
I loved having clients on a daily basis. Very poor management. I had 7 different managers there. My education there was advanced. Being on my feet all day really messed up my body. THe most enjoyable was getting services done while at work.
Cons
Poor Management, not paid well.
High Quality environment and education
SPA MANAGER /CORPORATE TRAINER /ESTHETICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Excellant and Innovative company to work with. Always training, educating, and bringing in new products and services. Dissapointed I needed to leave this company.
Pros
Leader in the business
Fun environment in the beauty industry
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Enjoyed this environment; we made people beautiful and it was rewarding. Very collaborative environment. Was given the opportunity to provide beauty and well-being services to the community.
Pros
Fun environment, discount of prodtucts and services
Cons
Pay could be better
working the front desk there sucks
Guest Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 20, 2018
The technicians don't like the front desk girls because they are like revolving doors. They are never the same. the job itself is pretty easy. However you get treated like dirt and stand at a desk all day doing nothing so you don't feel fulfilled in your job. Also the managers tend to be clicky and they don't last very long either. It felt like being in High School all over again.
Unprofessional work environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Worked here for a few months and it was terrible! All the stylist and guest service reps were racist and unprofessional! Always chatting about clients and got several complaints day to day because most of the colorist and stylist didn’t do good jobs and hair always looked a mess! Would never work here again very overrated and unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Short breaks rude clients and rude coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas. Our community is ready to answer.