Marion County Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Legal (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2018
This is a really great environment - great people. They are friendly, accommodating, team efforts, and supportive of each persons employ. Self-responsibility expected.
The work environment
Code Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 25, 2018
The work environment was a very good one. It seems that with everything, things changed and the work environment started getting worse. that doesn't mean the people were not fun to work with
Productive and Political Environment
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 11, 2018
During assignment I was required to collect requirements to understand cash system process from employees who were stealing from the county. Intense and uncomfortable at times.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks and Long Meeting
it was a competttive place to work
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working in the janitorial services field. I worked every day and held responsibilities for my position. It was not only enjoyable but satisfying as well
Pros
continous work
Cons
dirty work
Administration
Administrative Sevices Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 12, 2017
Marion County has a lot of amazing people who help run it. The County Administrator is a class act. The office staff and directors are equally amazing.
I wish I had not taken the job
911 Telecommunicator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2017
This is not the place you want to be working. It takes away your family, and your sanity. You will have to change all of your habits to handle the enormous stress level and death you will encounter. If you have other options, do it. The pay is not with the price you take on your body. There is not ladder to climb any higher than the less than 30,000 you make. If you are dead set on this job. Look at other counties.
Pros
5 days on, . 3 days off, 5 days on, 2 days off schedule
Cons
refer to paragraph
Productive and fun work place
Generator and Fuel Tank Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion County, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Great morale in the company, great benefits. Really good place to work. Management worked well with the employees. Significant learning opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
parts were hard to get when needed
Summary
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 26, 2016
Teacher environment. Good administration and coworkers. Good benefits and transition process for new teachers. Depending on the location of the school is the population that you will have.
100% nightmare of a workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 18, 2016
I worked at 911 dispatch in ocala for more than 2 years. I still communicate with current workers. I have never worked in a more disorganized and draining environment. They are currently and have been for at least 5 years at about 50% staffing level. Approximately 80% of the staff have been there less than a year due to the insane turn over rate. Truly scary to think about considering these are the people you call in life or death situations. They have mandatory overtime while already working 12 hour shifts. When they generate the monthly schedule it's common place to end up with 2 or 3 days off for the entire month with the potential of working 21 days straight or more. I speak from experience. Even management including upper management is running for the door. They've recently lost their director, department manager, and several shift managers. I could go on for days about the issues here. I wish the people of marion county florida were half aware of the issues here because their lives are at risk due to the total chaos that is this communications center. If your thinking of applying RUN! God bless.
Pros
Nothing that makes the job worth while
Cons
Under staffed, underpaid, overworked, unsupported
i love the job of driving Marion County put alot of papeer work for drivers to fill out dailey as well as the dailey pretrip andattendece.
School Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 22, 2016
I love working with children and the hours and days off
Co-workers are helpful and friendly with each other.
The paper work was extremely over Most new drivers quit because of the paper work required by the administration. Routing department never had route outline correct. Drivers needed to do this bt not without permission from 3 department heads. They cut drivers pay down over $3.00 hr.
The protocol of the intake process.
Jailer (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, GAJuly 6, 2016
On a typical day at work, the Jailer will intake the inmates alone and that is the hardest part of the job because it is dangerous.
Not there long enough to provide a review.
Sr. Labor Relations - HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 19, 2016
I was employed in the Business Services Department but not employed there long enough to provide a review however employees seemed happy overall in that department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good work on behalf of the local community
Tobacco Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2016
The Minority Health Coalition of Marion County is an organization with outdated leadership and outdated tools for the 21st century. The board members are ineffective with helping with the mission of the organization.
Pros
Co-workers are the best! Freedom to be creative to get the job done
Cons
No health insurance, lack of leadership
Fun and exciting work environment
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 30, 2015
Every day as a camp counselor was fun, exciting and fast paced. I learned that communication is a key part to getting a day's work done, and that no matter how fast paced things may be, patience is always key when it comes to working with children. My manager was an amazing person who was a great coordinator. My co-workers were all fantastic people who loved to work with kids and enhance summer experiences. The hardest part of my job was that the land had many hills and it could sometimes be hard on my body, but the children helped keep me going. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a positive difference in my Camper's lives and making their week at summer camp a remember-able one.
Pros
Fun, free meals, free water.
Cons
None.
Enjoyable Work Environment
County Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, GeorgiaDecember 23, 2015
My typical day was pleasant. My coworkers, for the most part, were qualified and capable. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with constitutional officers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the small town atmosphere and dealing with the community of Marion County.
Pros
Small town atmosphere
Cons
Political Drama
Learned alot at this job
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2015
I would do data entry, pull files for court, talk to Attorneys & public answering questions. Answer Phones, Fax, Copy, Enter data entry regarding the cases as they come out of the courtroom.
Pros
Loved this type of work
Cons
Very young boss sided with certain people
Productive and nice environment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 20, 2015
All the jobs that i have had were wonderful. They just wasn't consistent with job hours and wages. But it was a great way to interact with people and students.
Pros
Teaching Students and meeting new people.
Cons
Healthcare, raises, and 401k
What I learned....
Staff Assistant III (Current Employee) –  2232 NE Jacksonville Road, Ocala, FLSeptember 16, 2015
I never realized how much is going on at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion and Extension Auditorium until I began working there. It is insane how many individuals I talk to on the phone, in person or social media about their interest in utilizing one of the venues. It has been a pleasure meeting each person and helping them have a successful event. The Staff is amazing!
Pros
People I work with....very dedicated and committed
Cons
Salary
Genuine, loyal, friendly
4-H Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 15, 2015
I always arrive at work at least five - ten minutes early to ensure I am prepared when customers arrive.
The most enjoyable part off my job is when I am successful.
The hardest part of my job is when things do not go as planned and I feel responsible.
I have always gotten along well with my co-workers including my bosses.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of funding
Interesting work as the story unfolds.
Title Agent (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 10, 2015
Research and report of findings in court house records in determining percentage of ownership between individuals as passed down through time from their ancestors.
Pros
Freedom, Discipline, Motivation
Cons
Competition for the books

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marion County. Our community is ready to answer.