Maritz Inc. Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Outside appearance good....
N/A (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 8, 2018
Behind closed doors this Maritz/Experient is a nightmare! Managers have no clue what they are doing. Leadership is blind to what's going on right under their noses. No option to advance or be appreciated no matter how hard you work. Dishonest with pay by washing overtime, and salaries are some of the lowest in the area. They used to be an honorable business and now they are a shady company who cant keep up with competitors and couldn't care less about their employees only how much they can make!
Poor company in IT
IT professional (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 14, 2018
Maritz tries to front as a modern day IT company. However they are at least a decade behind, and falling further everyday. They do not embrace new technologies, and anything new is scoffed at. Management has no idea what any trends are in the IT field that they manage. Also even if you show proof and build out a proof of concept, management all the way up to the SRVP level just ignore you. Very political, and not worth all the headache that they put you through for nothing. If you don't drink the "koolaid" you will be let go the first chance they get.
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work I love it this is an amazing place to work the staff most of them go above and beyond for there employees. If an issue arises they take care of it..
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 14, 2017
Managers lie to you about being hired on and advancing at their company, but it never happens. Their base pay is borderline minimum wage, and they hardly ever give any bonuses. Managers are racist and they do not take any discrimination reports seriously.
Okay place
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 12, 2017
I work for Experient, which is a division whom was bought by Maritz. We have adopted a lot of the Maritz policies around PTO, health insurance etc. This has definitely not been for the better. High deductible insurance is ridiculous, it'd probably be better to have no insurance at all. Vacation and PTO policies are super confusing now. Also, pay is very very low.

If it were not for my manager, co-workers and ability to work at home when I need, I would not work here.
Pros
PTO time, travel, work at home opportunities
Cons
Health plans, confusing company policies
Came on as temp to perm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 7, 2017
Clients yelling and cursing at you, need permission to go to the facilities, understaffed to save cost, so are asked to work through lunch and break, then ask for "volunteers" leave early due to low calls. Office kept so cold I wore down coat, blanket and fingerless gloves. The managers are very supportive in customer service, but the "specialists" are very cliqueish, customer service is the "redheaded step child" and beneath them, very little support from them.
Pros
CS managers
Cons
Pay, lack of support
It was a good company to belong to for many years.
Director, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 27, 2017
It was a good company with great and talented people. It gave me a great opportunity to grow in my field. I came in as a Project Manager and left as a Director, Client Operations. Good work/life balance.
Friendly environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 2, 2017
For the most part everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. I even really enjoy what I do. It gives me the opportunity to learn new skills.
monotony
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJanuary 26, 2017
good minimum wage job if you don't mind a lot of talking and mindless repetition. call people and conduct surveys all day long, but they were very flexible with scheduling
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
monotonous
over rated culture, over rated place to work
Slave (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 14, 2016
The co-workers are mostly nice but the managers are truly thoughtless shells of people who have been there forever, think they know everything while their employee know nothing and treat them thoughtlessly and like slaves. Very clickish. You only get recognized if you are in the "in" group. It is a great place if you are in the "in" group. If not, you can bend over backwards and work yourself to death only to be the scapegoat for management and sales shortcomings. I worked many nights until midnight to meet a client deadline, only to have my work tossed aside without even looking at it and told it was inadequate. I worked like a dog and met ALL my deadlines, only to be told I had trouble meeting deadlines. ?? There is no training for you job role - you will struggle and only be told whatever you do is wrong. But there is lots of training on the "fluffy" theory they taut - even though they never incorporate the fluffy theory in the actual work they do.[Buyers Beware] Just another one of the MANY contradictions. There are lots of "fun" morale building activities, if you are allowed to go. I always had a client deadline and could not go. And on the rare occasion that I had the time, I would later be criticized, saying I should have been doing other work (even though it was not assigned until after the event!?!?). The managers and sales were just covering for themselves and blaming others for their failures.
Pros
Great if you are in the "in" group
Cons
You'll be over worked and treated poorly and not recognized for your hard work
Productive and fun place to work
Researcher/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2016
A "family" atmosphere - fun and rewarding. When the division closed its operations, the company was very flexible and fair, and offered job placement services for the employees. There were always rewards for good performance, and the atmosphere was lively and busy.
Pros
Great managers, great schedule flexibility
Cons
Sad that it closed!
You will be paid, but you won't be treated as a human
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MONovember 13, 2015
The work is redundant and brainless. The management is made of the lifeless shells of the people who stayed at this business too long. The human cattle who file into their cubical at the start of the shift are made of poor and naive college students and adults whose dreams were beat out of them by the world. There is no hope nor humanity to be found here.
Great First Job
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 21, 2014
Maritz is a great first professional job. It is a nice place to start your career and learn the ropes. Very Corporate in culture.
Pros
Great place for a first job.
Cons
Family business - They like to drag family fights into the business.