Maritz Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Union, MOSeptember 9, 2019
Loved working there and taught me a lot. Learning framing, sheeting roofs and sub floors, electrical some, cabinets some, have built decks, built 1,500 square homes move in ready.
No training and poor management
Event Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 31, 2019
Management is awful at nearly everything. Work overload and no necessary training provided. Management takes favoritism to a new level here. Only positive is being able to work from home at times.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Bad work environment and poor leadership
Great company for extra cash, and they are always available to walk you through any situation.
Independent Contractor/Retail Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2019
I was not interviewed, I only needed to submit my pass work history. Then I am given instructions for each assignment I do and if I continue to complete assignments correctly the more assignments are available for me.
The culture is an antequated work environment, difficult to get things done, and ineffective leadership
Account Solutions and Operations Planning Director (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 11, 2019
I met some great people and enjoyed some of the work experience. The culture is old and antiquated in terms of views and vision and direction. It is difficult to get things done and I struggled with the lack of customer focus as a guiding principle.
You work hard with little reward
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 30, 2019
You worked hard with little reward. Working in a regional setting was difficult as the main office didn't see value unless you were at "corporate" There was no room for advancement unless you were willing to move to Missouri. If you make a mistake, it's held against you.
IT was a temp job
CALL OPERATOR/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 26, 2019
Its a market research company, fairly easy work. Most of the time people hung up and you would get a call extremely fast right after. The managers were so nice!
Extra money kinda job
Mystery Shopper scheduler (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 11, 2019
Only thing I liked here was that it was laid back and they celebrated most holidays. Managers are nice... This is a place for a person that is in college or a retiree that just wants something to do. You don’t make much here but it is in corporate woods in a nice building. I wouldn’t go here for a dependable job cause if they don’t have much to do you will be off for a little while. I worked here twice and that’s happened both times.
Pros
Celebrations, laid back environment, chill
Cons
Short breaks, lower pay, no paid nothing, no benefits
Maritz was a fun place to work
Desktop technical support (3 years) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 7, 2019
back in the day, they would have a Run Through The Warehouse contest. Contestants would have a shopping cart and run through and pick up items and put them in their shopping cart. Whoever had the most valuable things, would win the game.
Interesting and Unique
Assistant Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 17, 2019
I started early, was promoted quickly. Though there was down time, as an assistant floor supervisor, I would role play with the other representatives until the phones came back up.
Outstanding place to work
Retail Growth Specialist (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 14, 2019
Hope to find another contract in the future. Really enjoyed working here. Travel expenses handled properly. Time off if needed. Best four years of my career.
Pros
Management cares for their employees
Cons
Yearly contracts
Management is their downfall
Warehouse, Team Leader (Receiving) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 23, 2019
Management in place is what is driving the company down. They do not listen to employees. Loosing clients and not getting new ones. Tell you budget is strained, but spends thousands of dollars on moving management office spaces and equipment. Hands out very low raises after about 5 years of not getting one. HR has been told about this many times and still nothing has been done. Their solution, layoff employees that have been there that know what they are doing, place management in charge that do not know what they are doing. Only thing I can say positive about the job is the people you work with, but current management brings down morale and makes work day difficult.
Pros
Working with coworkers.
Cons
Management, low pay, benefits cost to employees
Fun Friendly Family Oriented Company
Developer (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 16, 2019
The company is mostly good. Our tech stack and current project is needlessly complicated and difficult, though it is the best part of the job. There is too much pressure to ship code. Also, there are too many managers and meetings. There is a lot of time wasted listening to vague talks by upper management. There is lip service about wanting honest feedback but it would not be a good idea to give honest feedback.
Pros
Cafeteria, Free food/beer at events, Some smart and kind people
Cons
Pressure, Some people are jerks
Flexible scheduling but...
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOApril 13, 2019
I loved the flexible scheduling so I could work while my oldest was in school. However the pay wasn't enough to cover childcare for my youngest. I enjoyed some of the jobs, but not all.
Typical Day
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 10, 2019
Learning the functions of transcribing data and working with different coding requirements is a great way to learn more about being an efficient transcriptionist.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Support Inbound Calls
Team Lead Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 3, 2019
Supporting inbound call team with filing in for supervisors when needed. Creating and distributing standard operating procedures, reporting status of staff and systems directly to managers.
Computer operator and stockroom
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 27, 2019
A typical work day was to keep the supplies in order and distribute them to personnel in a timely manner.
Process and distribute checks through the computer and mail.
Pros
good people
Cons
long drive
Overall a good learning experience. Meetings are stressful line of work so you establish good friendships with your colleagues.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, MEETINGS & EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2019
Everyone works very hard there. I left due to work life balance and needed a break from excessive travel.
I learned a lot working at Maritz . Pay is not high but experience is great and enabled me to take higher position elsewhere
Pros
Friendships and Experience with many types of clients
Cons
Excessive travel expectations
fun workplac
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 19, 2019
focus on employee satisfaction. Many events to keep employees engaged in the company. Transparent for what is happening throughout the company. Fun place to work.
Fun place to work
market research (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2019
I loved the job...got to travel, work with large clients and hone my technical skills. They were very employee focused with many events and perks for employees.
Meeting Manager
Meeting Manager II - Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 4, 2019
Worked as event manage onsite for external clients. All aspects of meeting planning including execution at various locations. Able to handle any issues but Director was always there.