Market Leader

Market Leader Employee Reviews

Great office space/location; friendly, supportive, and (for the most part) hard-working coworkers; great work/life balance; sense we're all a part of a team working towards the same goals; fun company events; free snacks and drinks; fairly good health benefits. I've worked at several excellent companies in the real estate technology space, and this iteration of Market Leader is by far the best of them.
Worst place I ever worked. Tennis balls thrown hard tagging employees, demoralizing supervisors and managers, great training. Product training wonderful.
Pros
Nice office space, nice sta nd up desks, nice lighting.
Cons
Separate group handles brokers Boys school gymnasium environment is disrespectful to many, Great training for a faulty product is still a faulty product.
Market Leader has one of the greatest management teams I have ever been involved with; exceptional in every way. Trying to manage 50-60 (I don't really know how many) salesman who are all susceptible to self sabotage, bickering over petty issues, blaming customers or the company for not making quota - it is not something i could pull off, but something they made look easy. I don't think a professional salesman could do very much better than a few years of experience with ML. They are scientists of the sales process and in an industry plagued by favoritism and throat-cutting, Market Leader runs a clean ship and I don't expect many people in the world get treated as fairly as Market Leader treats their employees. They are there to treat you like a team player, and you feel it from day one to the last. I was always impressed by the management teams ability to inspire a great deal of positivity and confidence. Ultimately I had to make a choice between continuing with a sales career or getting back into accounts payable, and I chose to return to my passion job - AP - Despite the fact sales was not my calling I am very proud of the skills and relationships I developed at Market Leader. outstanding group of people exceptional product not a bad gig if you can get it.
Product was a scam. Real estate agents hated it. cancelled after the first month. co workers are rude. management showed no interest. HR lies. I left because i deserve better
It was a great place to work before the parent company took over. Now all the higher-ups care about is bottom line. You're just a butt in a seat doing work for them. If its not working for them, you're replaceable. It sucks because the people that work there are friendly, nice and hard-working and the office culture is great.
Pros
Office culture, company events
Cons
Poor upper management
They call Realtors on their CELL Phones to sell them SEM & SEO Search Engine advertising. Market Leaders knows that Trulia and Zillow have purchased the first and second position in every market, but Market Leaders still misrepresents the truth and says they can sell Google Top spot in each market. Most Realtors hang up on the Market Leaders calls. Realtors detest Market Leader. Market Leader does try to work better With Realtors. Odd but Market Leaders thinks they can continue to burn Realtors and always find more to sell Internet placement to for their business.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Business model, management, opportunities for advancemen
My life as a Market Leader allows me to flex my time between in-house mentoring and coaching of my team and getting out of the office to grow the office externally. Goals are challenging but that is what keeps me going.
Pros
independence
Cons
at times long weeks
Wonderful workplace. I had a great manager that was always very understanding when I needed to leave early/have a day off to take care of my children. That's very important to me because I'm a single Mom.
A lot of talk about moving up and getting higher pay, but never happens. The salary is not enough to make ends meet. Not very competitive pay with other tech companies in the area. A good job to get experience out of college.
I miss the branding being in New Orleans. I wish that they would've reconsidered New Orleans Flagships.I learned a great deal from those who cared about the brand & people.
Pros
the products, clients, collaborations
Cons
One opportunity that changed too late September
Great people to work with! Management cares about employee satisfaction. Company culture is great and good environment to work at. Job security is a bit uncertain though.
It's a company that you can be successful with if you are driven and can successfully connect with Real Estate Agents, which I could not figure out how to do on a "cold calling" basis successfully. The leads I received, were often rehashed from previous lead campaigns, and many of the agents were difficult to engage in any conversation. Typically it was expected that you would make, at minimum at least 80 dials a day, and at least 2 hours of talk time, which was easy to do if you were focused on your work. The company treats employees well, and provides many amenities, such as snacks and games for your break-times, but there is little tolerance for under-performing, and rather than attempting to correct, or better the performance of the struggling employee, they conclude that the job is not a good fit, and simply part ways.
Pros
Snacks and a fun work environment.
Cons
Poor training, with no emphasis on the sale's process, or what is required to win the business. Zero tolerance for unmet quota, even during your first 90 days.
This was a great company, but not a good fit for my experience. Pay is okay for what you do, but it does have rewards when you over achieve. Overall ...good place.
Pros
bonus potential
Cons
lack of training
Day by day changes. Work load less then most companies. Can be stressful at times. Growth is not very rapid. Discount is good. Can be a fun place to work.
Cons
Pay
Managers just micro manage and do not do anything to help. Training for the job was lacking. A lot of employees there had negative attitudes. Not a very fun place to work
Pros
occasionally buy lunch and provide alcohol
Cons
Pretty much everything else
BB&T was a great company founded on principles of culture and doing what is right for the client. The downside was this message did not make it's way down from North Carolina to South Florida. The standards in coaching and facilitating learning, widely missed the standards set by the home office pushing out these initiatives. It became a glaring issue when our region was being told to push sales numbers beyond the goals set by the corporate standards, but we weren't going to be like Wells Fargo. That message became very contradicting to the well being of the client vs. shareholder value. It was as if that message was being said to try and avoid lawsuits from current employees.
Pros
Great culture, strong lending appetite
Cons
Work/Life balance did not exist, Products were very limited, technology outdated.
This company is a quickly sinking ship with incredibly horrible management and a product that is archaic. Management is arrogant, yet ironically overbearing and ineffectual. Very egomaniacal managers, yet all completely useless. Mostly male sales teams. Women are not welcomed into "the boys club." Harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Zillow acquired Market Leader and kept the "talent" and fired the rest; then sold the company. Market Leader's sales force is now a mixed of Zillow's discards and hack sales people. Avoid this place, unless you're desperate.
Pros
Somes you get pizza for lunch
Cons
Gap is an ever-changing fast pace environment. Your days a filled with planning and quite a bit of reaction to the business, the people and leadership.
easy work but overall is a horrible job selling mediocre supplements at insane prices while working with a staff that is so unprofessional it's unbelievable.
Extreme travel was required in my position. Large company aspirations but small company operational model. Very tactical management style does not match today's customer expectations.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
too much travel
Had it not been for the Trulia/MarketLeader acquisition I would still be working there. MarketLeader has a great product and was purchased by an inferior competitor with garbage products. For the first initial 4 years I was there, no complaints. I made a lot of money, met a lot of great clients, and changed my clients lives everyday. Once the parent company took over I left and refused to sell their products to customers that I cared for their success. Since MarketLeader was sold by Zillow Group (2015) and is operating under another investment company (Constellation), I've been asked to come back but they aren't at a place where they can afford me yet.
Pros
culture, pay, career growth
  1. Employee Reviews