Market Leader Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Online Advertising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2018
Wonderful workplace. I had a great manager that was always very understanding when I needed to leave early/have a day off to take care of my children. That's very important to me because I'm a single Mom.
No Way To Move Up
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 19, 2018
A lot of talk about moving up and getting higher pay, but never happens. The salary is not enough to make ends meet. Not very competitive pay with other tech companies in the area. A good job to get experience out of college.
New Era
Brand Manager, Designer-New Era Cap Co (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 27, 2017
I miss the branding being in New Orleans. I wish that they would've reconsidered New Orleans Flagships.I learned a great deal from those who cared about the brand & people.
Pros
the products, clients, collaborations
Cons
One opportunity that changed too late September
great management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 17, 2017
Great people to work with! Management cares about employee satisfaction. Company culture is great and good environment to work at. Job security is a bit uncertain though.
Lots of Cold Calling, and rehashed/repetative leads.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 12, 2017
It's a company that you can be successful with if you are driven and can successfully connect with Real Estate Agents, which I could not figure out how to do on a "cold calling" basis successfully.

The leads I received, were often rehashed from previous lead campaigns, and many of the agents were difficult to engage in any conversation.

Typically it was expected that you would make, at minimum at least 80 dials a day, and at least 2 hours of talk time, which was easy to do if you were focused on your work.

The company treats employees well, and provides many amenities, such as snacks and games for your break-times, but there is little tolerance for under-performing, and rather than attempting to correct, or better the performance of the struggling employee, they conclude that the job is not a good fit, and simply part ways.
Pros
Snacks and a fun work environment.
Cons
Poor training, with no emphasis on the sale's process, or what is required to win the business. Zero tolerance for unmet quota, even during your first 90 days.
Decent work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMay 5, 2017
Day by day changes. Work load less then most companies. Can be stressful at times. Growth is not very rapid. Discount is good. Can be a fun place to work.
Cons
Pay
Terrible Management and terrible work place enviornment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2017
Managers just micro manage and do not do anything to help. Training for the job was lacking. A lot of employees there had negative attitudes. Not a very fun place to work
Pros
occasionally buy lunch and provide alcohol
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Great company culture, disconnect at regional management
Market Leader/manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 22, 2017
BB&T was a great company founded on principles of culture and doing what is right for the client. The downside was this message did not make it's way down from North Carolina to South Florida. The standards in coaching and facilitating learning, widely missed the standards set by the home office pushing out these initiatives. It became a glaring issue when our region was being told to push sales numbers beyond the goals set by the corporate standards, but we weren't going to be like Wells Fargo. That message became very contradicting to the well being of the client vs. shareholder value. It was as if that message was being said to try and avoid lawsuits from current employees.
Pros
Great culture, strong lending appetite
Cons
Work/Life balance did not exist, Products were very limited, technology outdated.
Avoid working here at all costs
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 14, 2017
This company is a quickly sinking ship with incredibly horrible management and a product that is archaic.

Management is arrogant, yet ironically overbearing and ineffectual. Very egomaniacal managers, yet all completely useless.

Mostly male sales teams. Women are not welcomed into "the boys club." Harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

Zillow acquired Market Leader and kept the "talent" and fired the rest; then sold the company. Market Leader's sales force is now a mixed of Zillow's discards and hack sales people.

Avoid this place, unless you're desperate.
Pros
Somes you get pizza for lunch
Optimistic, Cool, American Style
Acting (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 30, 2016
Gap is an ever-changing fast pace environment. Your days a filled with planning and quite a bit of reaction to the business, the people and leadership.
Terrible job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 26, 2016
easy work but overall is a horrible job selling mediocre supplements at insane prices while working with a staff that is so unprofessional it's unbelievable.
My favorite place I've worked
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 11, 2015
Had it not been for the Trulia/MarketLeader acquisition I would still be working there. MarketLeader has a great product and was purchased by an inferior competitor with garbage products. For the first initial 4 years I was there, no complaints. I made a lot of money, met a lot of great clients, and changed my clients lives everyday. Once the parent company took over I left and refused to sell their products to customers that I cared for their success.

Since MarketLeader was sold by Zillow Group (2015) and is operating under another investment company (Constellation), I've been asked to come back but they aren't at a place where they can afford me yet.
Pros
culture, pay, career growth
Marketing and Community Outreach
CITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
When I was promoted to Market Leader, I knew nothing about this world. I was considered because of my love for film and passion for sharing it with others. These traits would naturally lead me to my video store venture, but that's a whole other story.

As Market Leader I was responsible for promoting select Landmark features, but more importantly I was responsible for establishing community roots for our venues. The River Oaks and Greenway Theatre hosted several events that tied us to our neighbors. The Annual Oscar Party, our inclusion in the Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, our yearly Toys for Tots screening, etc. We strived to be part of the community anyway possible.
Changes, was a great place but bumpy road ahead
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
I have learned a ton, I had never worked a sales position before so when I got hired at Market Leader I was eager to learn new skills. About 4-5 months into my role Trulia took over the company which was exciting at first until the big layoff came. I was one of the few that survived, because management felt I had potential. There have been a lot of ups and downs in the past months and now Zillow is buying Trulia and we are all afraid for our jobs yet again since we have all already gone through a large layoff and most of the management looks unhappy and they are very vague about what to expect when people ask them questions.
Overall though, I have learned so much and has been a great learning experience for me and I am very grateful for the many wonderful people I work with though.
Great Benefits
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 24, 2014
Great co-workers
Good balance of work and family life.
Great benefits
Fun place to work
o Franchise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 13, 2014
A fun environment where you can make a lot of money. Great work/life balance.
Good Result
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2014
This position was at FootLocker Inc. A typical day here consisted of email and paperwork review, shipping and receiving stock, assisting customers, visual merchandising, safeguarding inventory, training associate, making daily deposits, assisting other managers in the district and opening and closing daily. I learned a lot here. This job requires more than the average person would think. The saying goes "If you can work at FootLocker, you can work anywhere." This holds true as a lot of the skills you learn translate in other employment. I typically got along with everyone in and out of my district. The hardest part of my job was working the long days practically everyday. You're looking at 12 to 13 hour days. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships that I made over the years. When I was employed there, it was really a family environment where I still have relationships with people there even after leaving. The management was okay, but, it seems as though when you reach the ranks of store manager, the buck stops and it becomes very political to move up from there.
Pros
Close knit group
Cons
Long hours and career advancement.
very dry environment
Project Coordinator/QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Kirkland waSeptember 24, 2014
boaring and dry environment. I would not want to come back there.
Fun place to work but grew to fast!
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 14, 2014
Great place to work until it grew to fast! SAAS company, Comprehensively manage clients through onboarding and retention phases of account management including consultative user training, configuration and optimizing of website, issue management & feature requests cataloging, billing management, advertising and campaign management including SEO and SEM and account growth opportunities established account managers, conversion of training material from text to computer interface
• Host weekly trainings online averaging 30 plus agents per appointment and averaging 5-10 trainings per week
• Advised on changes and trends in the Real Estate market place and the activities of competitors.
• Worked with account administrators to configure their software, trained all involved users and provided ongoing support
• Collaborated with our technology department on designing and writing our knowledge base center for customers and employees
Pros
Monthly company activities, great people, amazing work life balance!
Cons
Company Lay-Offs, Growing to fast
Market Leader
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  decatur, IlJuly 29, 2014
Great learning experience. Very confident in the company. Excellent Benefits, 401K match up to 6% and still maintain a pension.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Market Leader. Our community is ready to answer.