Market Star Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job is good with low supervision
Google Representative / Product specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2018
The job is great but dont expect much training or guidance, you'll have to learn pretty much everything on your own. Other than that the pay is good and no benefits.
Amazing early to mid-career company
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 29, 2018
This is a wonderful company to work for from the top down. The company truly cares about creating an environment that is about enabling the employee. So much work is done to facilitate this. Are there areas here and there where this isn't best exhibited, yes. But overall the company strives to create great experiences for its customers and employees. If you are willing to put the effort in, be humble and take coaching and mentoring, you can grow rather quickly at Marketstar.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded in time.
Cons
There just is not the financial platform to provide top pay
Fun job
North American Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 26, 2018
Marketstar was a really fun place to work. The account that i supported aligned with my career and was a m awesome opportunity to get our of retail without leaving the industry. They offered flexible hours and a ton of autonomy to run the account as I saw fit. Only reason I left was the account was closed down.
Pros
Great work environment, flexible schedules, fast paced
Cons
Frequent changes is accounts leadiing to the need to find new work.
Great holiday part-time job! Great instructional online material ad nice sales incentives during the holidays!
Trainer and Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 25, 2018
A perfect holiday part-time gig for weekends!!! (20 hours)

The position involved retail sales advocacy and educating store reps about your products. Generally, it began in October and ended between January and February of the new year. Perks existed for top sellers and the information you reamed from online instruction and conference calls was invaluable. Enthusiam for the product was guaranteed once you understood its functionality and product's competitors. There was little interaction with other reps since the sales force was national. Good managers strategised with you in boosting sales in your store. I have won several times during my employment with Marketstar which included a 5 minute video I created about why I liked Marketstar!!!
Pros
Informative online sessions and job aids, perks and good management team
Cons
The company was based in Ogden, Ut.
Great learning experiences with honest leadership
VMware Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 16, 2018
This is a very "open door" policy company. Seems to have weekly trainings designed to improve your overall salesmanship. I work remote so am not filled in about the headquarters culture but enjoy MarketStar employees that I have met via phone or webcasts.
Pros
Great relationship with resellers
Cons
Contracts can end without notice
Great starter career
Camera Educator, Southeastern Territory (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
MarketStar served as a stepping stone to a job may not have been as accessible to me without going through the MarketStar program. I have had a very good experience with them since, working with them on a freelance basis.
N/a
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 14, 2018
a typical day at work was good
I learned alot about HR
Management was great
workplace culture was great
hardest part of the job was nothing
most enjoyable part of the job was freedom
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 5, 2018
I liked my co-workers. My direct manager was great. I felt the middle management was out of touch, but that the VP's new what they were doing. An overall good place to work. I would recommend it for someone in that type of situation where a call center job works.
Great Place to Work
HP PSG Specialty Team Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 22, 2018
Culture is the banner for Marketstar. People are appreciated and cared for. Many people who leave end up coming back because they don't realize how well they have it.
It was fun
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 13, 2018
Working for MarketStar allowed me to experience sales firsthand as I was able to present and sell products for hours per day on the weekends and learn which sales approaches worked best.
Marketstar-Omnicom
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 8, 2018
Marketstar-Omnicom is very dollar focused company and not allot of Loyalty or Understanding for employees around healthcare and Salary issues. Keeping their loyal and talented personnel seems to be a very difficult task for Marketstar-Omnicom anymore because of their Managers and HR having limited talent. Marketstar-Omnicom is not the same company they once were several yrs back. They do not seem to care much about their employees or their families, just the bottom line. I would NOT recommend this company to Family or Friends. This is a now a company you go to for some experience and then move on. I should have never stayed 10 yr.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Management not sensitive to healthcare or salary issues
Market Star had great people and great Management
Regional Sales Manager Mid Atlantic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2018
Market star, was a had working , very intelligent company that did work hard for the client, every day. They managed people as people and not as Numbers.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Too much turn over
What I learned
Cisco Systems - Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2018
Had a significant role in vertical marketing, that included web maintenance/advertising, vertical integration and relationship building with key influencers, trade show management/support/ attendance etc. Tracked click-thru on websites, and utilized web analytics for marketing success, internet, print, trade show, etc.
Pros
Client interaction, tremendous learning experience
Cons
COntract employment
Great place to work with a comfortable atmosphere
HPE Auth ISR/Channel Sales- Leads Generated (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 22, 2018
I worked for Marketstar for 9 years and loved it. We had lots of perks such as movie days, birthdays and major holidays off, annual family parties, Lagoon day, Boondocks, Christmas bonuses and lots of other fun stuff.
Most of the managers took their time to get to know you and didn't treat you as just an employee. They treated you like family.
Of course there is always a bad seed, but most of them were down to earth.
We were an outsourced company and we always made sure that we exceeded what our clients required. If they said they wanted us to make $1M in sales for a quarter, we worked hard to make $2M. I worked for a big client that is very well known and we had multiple layoffs with them, because they would eiher decide to move it in house at their headquarters or sent what we did to India to save money. I was the only one that survived all the layoffs up to and including their split from within their own company.
I hope that my next endeavor has the same culture that M* had. It is going to be hard to beat what they did for their employees, but I am sure there are many other companies just like them.
If you are thinking about applying for a Marketstar position, GO FOR IT!
You will love what you do and who you work for.
Most of their turn around is due to layoffs.
We don't usually lose people, because they don't like their job or the company. I loved that about them.
Pros
People, Work From Home once a week
Cons
Lately there have been a lot of layoffs
Unbalanced view of local market
Whirlpool Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 21, 2018
Being a sub-contracted position there was a biased reaction towards working the assigned territory and stores vs. what the local Whirlpool associates were responsible for
no morals
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 13, 2018
I stopped working at Marketstar because I was told that i was wrong for having morals and that i either did things their way or i was invited to leave. I cant stand by a company that is so closed minded.
Fun
Google, Chromebook, Sony Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2018
Good part-time work. Learned new things, and met many interesting people. Found out how box stores work and the people they hire. I got to play with electronics every day.
Cons
Fun work environment and competitive with Charity
Inbound Chat Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 5, 2018
Marketstar has wonderful programs to help get employees involved with charity. It’s competitive for causes like MarketStar Cares when they’re doing a food drive to show how well teams work together for a cause. Even if your individual team doesn’t win with the highest points, you still feel like a winners.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
People can walk around while on calls and it can be distracting at times
TALENT ACQUISITION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 7, 2018
MarketStar has a lot of clients and gaining them all the time. This gives recruiters the ability to find candidates the client that would best match their skill set. It is very family oriented. Culture is fun!
not a trust worthy company
marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 7, 2018
I would only recommend this company if you are a recent grad looking for experience. Company is not very trust worthy and there are limited advancement opportunities even though company is always telling you how much opportunities that are available.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
to many to list