Market Street Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Guest Services Clerk/Night Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 15, 2018
Looking for a full time job, with benefits and weekends off.
Needing to find a full time sit down job ,not on feet at all times.
Good place to work as a part timer.
Long Hours and Understaffed
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2018
The store managers expectations are extremely high and they are very micromanaging. Direct Manager was helpful and understanding but under high stress from district bakery manager as well as store managers. Highly understaffed and the employees that do work are overworked
Hard Work that can make a difference with the right people
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 9, 2018
This is a company all about the people you are serving. You are encouraged to get to know your guests and talk to them about how they are doing and what is going on in life. It is not uncommon to have several regulars that you are on a first name basis with that are happy to give you a hug when they see you. The work itself is fairly easy as well. Overall, this is an easy job with good relationships and communication with both employers and guests alike.
Relaxed environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 6, 2018
Standing for a long time is about the only hard thing to do. Able to talk to regular customers that are friendly and come regularly. Work hours vary, but good schedule.
Market st
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJune 5, 2018
loved it was great im a people person and they will have me back if needed... I like working in the customer service industry and want to to help people with any problems and I also have laundry and cleaning skills
Market Street was a fun and welcoming company that treated their workers like family.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 2, 2018
Market Street was my first job and it taught me a lot about customer service and how to work with a variety of personalities. It was a perfect place to learn and grow in and it prepares you for your next job. Management was outstanding. All the managers in my section were kind, compassionate, funny, stern, and a friend. Over my 2 years of employment I grew connections with each manager and developed friendships. The culture at Market Street was family. Everyone is so nice and loving to each other and we take care of each other. The hardest past about the job is during the holidays and the busy schedule and hard work. Everyone is working and dealing with the crowds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the down time we get at the end of the day when we can all just sit around and talk to each other and enjoy each others company.
Pros
Discpunts, Fun Enviornment, Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Pay, Stress During Holidays
Great place to get hands on trainings
Lead Baker (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJune 1, 2018
Very fun and extremely productive working with a great team. My favorite thing about the job is that you stay busy from start to finish. the hardest part was waking up at 2am.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
Healthcare
fun people and somewhat relax enviroment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 1, 2018
Even tho i like working with my coworkers, the environment is boring and uninteresting. very repetitive. Honestly, I would ever work at this job temporarily.
there was an employee breakroom
Food Service Worker/sales (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 24, 2018
It was a positive experience for me as a first job. They had a great managerial support staff. the training program they had allowed me to build upward mobility in my career.
easy work with distinct lack of accountability
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 23, 2018
My department is very easy to work. What makes it hard is the lack of accountability for most of the employees except for a specific few. The managers would rather sweep problems under the rug rather then deal with issues or try to fix problems.The rest of the store however, is fine. everyone is friendly and willing to help, just not in my department.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
some poor management, lackluster discounts for employees
Okay for Highschoolers
sea food employee (Former Employee) –  Flowermound, TXMay 15, 2018
This company is out of date and rotting. The competition is not threaten, it is a customer made store. I had a patient and great teacher for a manager, who left easy todo list for me, and was happy to help me. i enjoyed working with the veterans and butchers, the manager who made this there career were very unhappy about that decision.
Pros
plenty to learn, and good atmosphere, good workculture
Cons
old equipment, old systems, old pay
Easy to work for.
Food Service Clerk/Barista (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 15, 2018
It was easy to work there, and the people were generally alright to work with. It just really depended on the day. As well as the customers. And the location you worked for.
great manager but low pay
United Supermarkets - Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 14, 2018
Job was slow paced and really not too challenging. Opportunity for advancement was very small, and raises were promised but not given. I could not afford to stay there.
Pros
nice management
Cons
terrible pay, no room for advancement
Great start up job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 12, 2018
This job offers entry level opportunities with full time and part time work for those needing a flexible schedule. There is also opportunities for advancement.
Baker's clerk/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work included packaging, giving samples, and cleaning the bakery section. Along with helping cake orders, the decorators, and building a team that works well together.
Ideal first job– but not worth staying at.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 7, 2018
I closed the bakery at the end of an 8-hour shift, which is usually simple on its own– wiping down glass and surfaces, rotating goods, and getting rid of stales. The tasks tend to be repetitive and simple.

However, dealing with customers had to be the hardest part of the job. Most customers tend to be pleasant and easy to work with, but the occasional 'entitled' customer can come along and really slow down your progress. Even just a large number of customers can bring things to a halt.

If you're going to work here, you'll have to be able to shift gears on the dot. You might be in the middle of a task but will have to stop entirely to help a customer with something every 10 or so minutes.

Company policies may change without employees knowing for weeks at a time. Communication between upper managers and lower employees is detrimental and very poor, leaving everyone (including customers) frustrated and confused. Mistakes often can't be traced down to an individual and either gets ignored entirely or is blamed on the wrong person.

Besides all this, it makes for a decent first job. They appear to hire anyone, but try not to sell out. Know your worth and be honest with your employers if you want a raise or want to fix a problem.
Pros
Good First Experience, Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Very Poor Communication, Bad Management
Market Street
Floral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 29, 2018
Market Street is a good first job, if you want to learn work experience, but it is not good place to continue to work for. If you decide to work there longer then 2 years they will try to make you quit. they cut my hours down till the point where I barley had one shift a week, with known multiple departments in the store so they shouldn't have happened.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Upper Management is rude and dishonest.
During a day
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2018
As a clerk you have to do everything. You have to package all of the products, finish making the products, know how to write on a cake, know what packaging goes with what, clean, help guests, know what is in the products and more.
Fun Workplace
Concierge/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103April 25, 2018
Fun workplace to work for. Its was like a family environment. The hotel was very generics with the gifts for the Holiday Party, Received plenty awards during my time with the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low pay rate
Amazing
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 23, 2018
The work culture overall was great. Felt like you were a part of one big family. Loved the people that i worked with as well as the environment that was provided!