MARKETPLACE FOODS Employee Reviews

Hippy company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 7, 2019
"employee run" company- this is another way of saying that nobody cares to do their jobs. I worked here for two months and I was paid LOUSY. I was scheduled for 4-5 hour shifts... I am a grown adult with bills to pay!!! Those 3 day, 4-5 hour shifts weren't doing anything good for me. I might as well have applied for welfare and foodstamps because I'd get more money through that than working here. As a cashier I had to deal with customers (very rarely would any customers come through checkout anyway, the store was always dead) that didn't understand the rewards program, and explaining it to everyone takes forever and is super annoying. I worked at a grocery store in high school, now after this experience with marketplace I will never apply to one again. Management doesn't care about anything. If there's a problem you fix it yourself. Coworkers don't help you either and make inappropriate conversation in front of anybody they want.
Pros
discount on deli food
Cons
no hours, no breaks, no business
Excellent Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Michael, MNNovember 5, 2018
Great management and benefits. Most pleasant environment at all locations. Owners strive for personal growth in employees. Room for advancement. Desirable company.
Great experience, but bad CEO.
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 11, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with customers. It has a great management team. It is relaxed, but there are some limitations. I was frustrated with the highest level of administration.
Enjoyable Business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIApril 10, 2018
A typical day was ringing grocery's through the register and bagging. My department manager was amazing. Great, friendly place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
reasonable breaks
Back breaking and unappreciated
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIMarch 30, 2018
Work multiple jobs at the same time. Never enough people to work the hours needed and management is poor. They favor certain employees and treat the others like dirt. You can get better job somewhere else that pays a lot better.
Cons
Back stabbing, people who don't want to work are praised and hard workers are criticized
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 26, 2018
A typical work day consisted of meeting and interacting with many different customers with many different personalities. The environment was very fast paced and you must be detail-oriented because you are dealing with a cash drawer.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
standing on your feet all day
Really great place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I have always really liked to work here. The atmosphere is very admirable and everyone has a really nice personality towards one-another. The job has a few stressful tasks within it, but with the right mentality and skills it can become a very easy job. It is a very enjoyable job to have
Pros
Employee Atmosphere
Cons
pay, hour limit (29 if not full time)
Straightforward job
Produce Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 22, 2018
The job is easy to grasp. The work environment is a very laid back non aggressive atmosphere. The store is very clean, and also very new on top of it. It is also a fairly busy grocery store for its location.
Fun and easy going work
Cashier, Customer Service, Foreman, Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIJanuary 18, 2018
If you're looking to cashier, clean, help customers, and be punctual this is the job for you. You must be a person who enjoys people of all ages and can be a hard worker.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Strict
Productive and nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MNSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers but it was hard to get days off when needed. Most of the managers were nice and easy to deal with. I wish employees got a discount on food during breaks.
Worked well with you
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 14, 2017
They were good at staying staffed. I loved being able to do different things. It was hard that most of my coworkers were 14/15 but it was okay. It was always busy so that was nice.
Pros
breaks on time
Cons
management cliques
Friendly staff and customers
Deli Clerk/Cook (Current Employee) –  Annandale, MNJune 21, 2017
Staff and customers are friendly. There is a wide variety of foods to pick from . Store is going through transition, so there are a lot of good changes there.
Not great
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJune 18, 2017
Most people are good. Will hire anyone with a decent resume. Many of the people are disliked by coworkers. No nice people work here but the front end manager and when she is gone...it's a mess.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Coworkers
management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 14, 2017
management was poor when i was there... let the others act like children and run customers away. it wasnt about the work you did it was about how long u stayied
Pros
paid every week
Cons
horrible people to work with
Productive, skills learned and fun to work at
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Learned a lot of customer service skills, was very productive and also a very fun place to work at. It comes with many benefits and achievments.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
Marketplace
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 18, 2017
I have not been working here long but I enjoy the team and customers. It is a positive environment to work in and they truly care about their customers and the products that they provide.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No cons
Good starter job.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 3, 2017
It was a good experience to work there, and it was an excellent starter job. With that said, the hours were low and the pay was also low, making it a very difficult salary to live on.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short or no breaks
first time working in a grocery store
Customer service associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 15, 2016
for my first time working in a grocery store atmosphere, i liked the feel of it. But as for that store I didn't like it very much as time went on, the team changed and the store manager changed and we started to fall away from the core values.
Pros
fun environment, great people
Cons
started to get a head of the main focus as time went on
Great place to work and great group of people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIOctober 20, 2016
Everyone here made sure to get the job done and treated each other with dignity and respect. We treated each other as if we were family. At the end of the day you always felt like you did a good job as you met all of your tasks.
Pros
Great place to work with excellent benefits.
Cons
Sometimes you had to work longer shifts because of short staff.
This is a good job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livingston, ALOctober 6, 2016
this is a very difficult job to maintain. you always have employers that tell you to do one thing but then want you to do something else
Pros
no pros
Cons
angry customers, no free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARKETPLACE FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.