MarketSource Employee Reviews

Found 1,281 reviews matching the search See all 1,290 reviews
Relaxed work environment that is based upon customer relations and sales transitioning
Contract Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 18, 2019
The primary goal of this position is to assist guests with their immediate concerns then transition the conversation into how our sales promotions could potentially save them money on their phone bills. The environment is entirely positive and upbeat. The most difficult part of the job is transitioning older guests who hardly use cellular data to use an unlimited data plan.
Pros
be your own supervisor, commission, positive work-environment
Cons
limited advancement, limited hours, low-hourly wage
Collaborative nd friendly environment
Wireless Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I learned a lot about sales and how to make a sale, as well as, customer service. Sales role plays helped to learn how to do all of these things. I was tested in target to try and make a certain number of sales by walking around and became self-directed and more confident in the process.
Job enjoyment depends on management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Due to MarketSource being inside of Target retailers your relationship with management in Target will determine if the job is enjoyable or difficult. The job is not hard but the ethical standing of cellular companies can be difficult to stomach from time to time.
It's an alright place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I guess it really depends on your position and where you agree sent to work that determines how much you'll like the job. I'm currently cell phone representative for Target but Marketsource has more places and positions for people.
fun paced
Support team representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
This is a very laid back company. they really do want you to feel relaxed and at home. The managers like to feel like part of the team... I would recommend it.
Wireless Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
My experience was a lot of chaos and disorganized. I was hoping fron store to store. Dynamics were changing, pay was changing, and rolls were changing.
outsourced marketing company
Marketsource (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 11, 2019
Good work/life balance at Marketsource. Companies would hire Marketsource as third party field reps. Not much room for jobor career advancement.....
Productive and friendly
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Great job , it is very flexible . No downfalls. There is going to be hard days selling phones but at the same time it’s a great and friendly staff and job.
Pros
Hourly and commission
Cons
Very hard to sell phones at target
Lies, no communication, broken promises
Sales Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
Threw one man into a job position that required at least 3 people to efficiently, effectively and smoothly transition from pilot program to full on contract program, that was not his fault I will admit.
Program director needed to stay on and work alongside DM who covered an entire region
Manager would not answer emails, multiple emails. Ignored questions about yearly reviews and overall was a scummy person.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Never having work related emails responded to by managers.
Market Source is a joke!
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  California, MDJanuary 6, 2019
SmartHome by B8ta is who I worked under marketsource. Never meet my manager, my only contact was through email and phone call. Long story short, I stopped coming it! Too much drama with this company and I'm glad I didn't leave my current job.
Pros
Some Lowes have lunches in the break room
Cons
Short break, getting late response from management, boredom

Want to know more about MarketSource?

Ask a question
stay away
sales (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 4, 2019
If you want to have the commision that pays so little this is the job for you, no good, no good, no good, no good, stay away stay away, stay away, no good no good
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Potential for a great company but needs work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CA 90278January 4, 2019
Honestly this company stops viewing you as a person early on.You are instantly a number unless you make your sales quota. favorites are a factor. Product is hard to push in certain areas. Commissions Check is not worth bragging about unless you sell ALOT. Management lies often and is very shady on their approach to you as an individual and will throw you around if you let them.
Pros
Decent Hours
great experience
Mobile Concierge (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARDecember 30, 2018
best job ever. typical day includes helping customers with phone issues and switching people over to tracfone, straight talk, net 10 and family mobile. Management was very friendly and flexible especially with hours and scheduling.
Pros
great pay, good hours, very flexible
Cons
alot of traveling
Pleasant work place
Wireless Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 24, 2018
Nice area to work in. Depending on which target you’re in, it might be good, might be not so good. Scheduling was mostly flexible. On how to do well, just know basic cell phone knowledge and that will be okay. Mostly.
Pros
Cell phone carrier discounts
Cons
Rough management
This job is a scam!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 24, 2018
I worked here literally 2 days (10hrs) I was employed by this company for over a month & I only got 10hrs that whole month. They insisted I worked for them & the convinced me by telling me I would get 20-25 hours a week. I would try to contact my manager & he would NEVER get back. When he did he said I was NOT gonna get any more hours because they didn’t have hours for new people only for they employees they all ready had. I got employed somewhere else in the process of filling for unemployment just to give them a hard time lol. Just this morning I got 2 exit emails but the emails say that I quit, when I didn’t even EVER talk to anyone. Commission is bull. You have to sell at least one accessory that’s over 20$ to get 2$ of commission. You don’t even get any discount only if you get a new line or new phone but the discount was bull. Everyday of being employed then I kept getting emails that I had to join a conference that you don’t get paid for. They try to make you do online training off the clock & they won’t pay for it. There’s no benefits either.
Pros
Get to be on your phone
Cons
Short brakes, Boring, bull pay, c commission
Run away
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 20, 2018
Run away from this place. It's not worth your time or engery.

They promise you a lot .. and deliver nothing. Flip burgers will make more money than here. I got a whopping $10 commission check for 27 hours. You're cheap labor for target. And you earn nothing for selling anything but cellphones and cases.

My manager told me I'm part time. I can give you 0 to 32 hours. Lucky
I got 27 hours last week. And it's getting worse.

Don't complain or risk losing hours.

Only one making any money is the manager. He is the one with hours. And thinks nothing about taking your sale.

Goals are a joke. Cant sell if you don't have products.
Pros
Weekly pay. Good for students
Cons
Low pay $9. Commission is a joke. Don't complain or lose hours. Hours change from day today
You will feel unappreciated.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 20, 2018
You will do more electronics work unlocking items for customers more than Target employees. You basically work for Target!! You will feel unappreciated. I have been waiting 2 months for my raise. Worst company I have ever worked for.. I quit! No 2 weeks notice just quit! Be very aware of the favoritism.
Pros
Get to meet nice people.
Cons
Everything!
Loved my District Manager
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 18, 2018
I can say with confidence that my leadership was some of the best. The team was involved with each other both electronically and in-person on the occasional meeting. The Team Captains were both knowledgeable and helpful, and I learned a lot from the one in particular I had the pleasure of working under while I was still an entry level representative.
The District Manager is also one of the most driven I have met, and also the most attentive. They made me feel like I was actually with the company, and they understood me a lot more than I would have expected of someone with so many people under their jurisdiction.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, set your own goals for the day, freedom in choosing how you operate during the day
Cons
high turnover, somewhat hour heavy
Stressful
Target Tech (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 17, 2018
This job may be slow at times but can be very stressful. You have daily requirements that must be met by the end of the day. You are being watched at all times as well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No paid time off
Fun and manageable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 14, 2018
Great work place, works well for a college student because of the flexible schedule and great management. Only thing is the pay is $9 and barely anything to do but overall great job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight