MarketSource Employee Reviews

A truly good job
MOBILE CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2018
I loved working for marketsource. I was doing very well and was given a couple extra stores to run. This eventually became to much for me and stressed me out enough to leave. This was the biggest mistake in my life. The managers and co-workers are fun and caring. When I was driving between stores they even paid my gas and mileage which gave me a pretty nice paycheck when all was said and done. Would work here again a thousand times over.
Pros
Good managers, Easy work, good hours, flexible hours, Independence.
I don't wish to leave a review
Team Lead & Course Trainer (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 20, 2018
Constant changes to commission, but never for the benefit of the employee. Tools given are not adequeate for an emloyee to succeed, and training was borderline next to nothing. The only good thing about the job was my District Manager/Direct Supervisor.
Honda recall
Honda recall (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 20, 2018
On the road a lot work alone with little to no supervision. No contact from anyone unless they have something to gripe about work, or hours very unstructured and stressful balancing the company your working for and the one one that actually pays you...if you worked through an agency before you understand
Pros
Weekly pay, fast reimbursements
Cons
No structure no communication or updates
nice place
Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 19, 2018
i liked working here you will have your plate full working for this company though you will always be busy as well as always on the go a lot of reports to wright.
Don't bother applying
Sales floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
The target mobile sector of this company is very poor in how they treat employees as well as train employees while expecting them to reach outrageous sales goals without fair compensation for their efforts.
Sales Associate ( Electronics)
Sales Associate in the electronic department (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2018
At market source I worked for two Super Target stores one in Northfield, and the other was in Aurora. In both store I was selling electronics, and I often sold cellphone plans. I learned so much about technology and how to explain how it works to customers. This job really increased my knowledge of electronics, and phone company's, and it also improved my communication skills.
management ruined it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2018
before new management took over, it was a great job. after the management, i quit. I was working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day because they couldn't keep anyone employed. and had the nerve to threaten to demote me for calling off because I totaled my car. hard pass on ever going back to Marketsource. terrible pay, long hours, coworkers don't know what they're doing
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
manager was a jerk
Great Flexibility
Hewlett-Packard Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 16, 2018
There isn't much incentive to increase numbers. Easy job, can be fun at the start then becomes boring over time once you realize there isn't much room for getting a raise or bigger bonuses. There isn't much hours. The management team is super nice their HR is very rude and would always be angry when you call. I came into the job thinking that my knowledge of computers would give me and edge over other people but they don't care much about computer sales at all. Traveling from store to store sucks. If there was a possible chance to get a raise employees would try much harder but once you reach a point where you realize the other person is making just as much as you doing less work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No incentive for improvement
Horrible Company
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 16, 2018
Do not work here. It is a very poorly ran company. i met my direct supervisor three times in a two and a half year span just because he avoided coming to my store.
Flexible hours with positive attitudes and environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 15, 2018
Go in and greet and smile at guests in target stores. Create real relationships as you build your book of business. Great opportunities to advance and make money.
Pros
Commission and chance to make more money
Cons
Stand on feet all day
Good
Key Account Brand Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 15, 2018
Weekend work...low pay, friendly work environment, little room for advancement. Really not enough hours to support anything other than extra money. Ok for a Part time supplement.
Pros
Good People to work for
Cons
Pay
Best Companies
HP Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 15, 2018
The best place to work. Has opportunities to move up. The people around you are always supportive and innovate. They want to help you to be better and further your own goals.
Easy work but terrible Management
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2018
This was defiantly one of my least favorite jobs. The work was not difficult and had a great time with the employees.overall I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Sell on phone contracts
Cons
No Direction from management.
Kick back and super knowledgeable
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 12, 2018
I personally like the fact that you are by yourself every day. Occasionally your boss will come into your store also along with the vendors. Plus gaining all of the knowledge that target gives you for all of their products and their electronics department and team there is no way you can fail at this job unless you don’t try
Pros
Very minimal supervision
Cons
Pay
Encouraging and helping enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 11, 2018
A good company to help.you get started with a career in sales. Depending on which store you get sent to, you will have different experiences. Generally good ones.
Great Place to work Partime or FT Temp
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 8, 2018
Depending on what type of Program you get with Marketsource some are Fulltime but any job can be terminated at any time for any reason it's up to the client to decide. If you stay in Contact with your managers and program directors you may be able to hope on another program if your current one ends for any reason
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Program come and go quickly
Standard low level sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILMay 7, 2018
Very standard low level sales. Not much security, high turnaround, relatively low pay on average, not much opportunity to advance. This being said the management i personally dealt with were extremely helpful and supportive.
Pros
good management
Cons
Low hours
lots of computer training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAMay 5, 2018
sale phone services help customer in electronics department
I learn more about cell phones and tv sets and other electronic devices. Must work with Target employees. I learn more from target employees then from Market Source employees.
Pros
It good sales job
Cons
Not competive paid. Limit onsite training
Good company to start your career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2018
Very flexible and nice environment to work. Company takes very seriously open communications and building relationships. People are very open and collaborative.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
401k not so good
Hiring within isn't likely very fun environment perfect for a college student
Senior Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
MarketSource is an awesome Idea just not the right execution. If You are looking for a 12-8 work day this is for you. The retail environment is great, but the issue lies in advancement. There are times where management will mot hire within meaning the new person that gets the position will always refer to the most experienced individual. In those cases It was hard to see new people ask employees on how/what to do. This company will make you interview at LEAST 3 times before they even CONSIDER you to be at the next level of management. I would be very cautious there are a ton of empty promises if your sales are top tier. This is the perfect job for a college student finishing school or just getting done with their education. Beyond that this is not a career, this isn't a "dream position". It is more of a temporary position until you have reached a position that backs employees 100%.
Pros
retail enviroment, exciting sales
Cons
opportunity to advanve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

57out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MarketSource.