MarketSource Employee Reviews

n/a
Wireless Team Member (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 15, 2018
a typical day here was very calm, since we worked inside of target we saw many different guests and we were expected to talk to everyone that came in our area.
Relaxed, sales job, perfect entry job.
Target Tech (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 15, 2018
Very enjoyable, albeit low paying sales job. I enjoyed my time with the company, I just felt that, given the daily expectations, especially at a low volume store, that I was not being paid fairly.
There was nothing good about this job all the way from training to work atmosphere!
Target Tech (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 15, 2018
To tell you the truth, I was very poorly trained therefore O pretty much learned everything on my own. The person who was training me I guess had an injury at work and never returned so I pretty much learned everything I knew on my own. Then they hired a new employee in witch I spent a lot of time traing myslef, but was never told to do so! Once he was trained and the Chistmas rush was over I'm pretty sure they came up with a story just to let me go. I received a phone call in witch the manager told me I had left the mobile locker unlocked. I had worked there 7 months and had never left the locker unlocked untik I was told I had all of a sudden done it. I was never allowed to see what I had supposedly done a let go over the phone!
Cons
Good manager, poor office culture
Communications Strategist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2018
My direct supervisor is a great manager. After negotiation, I thought my pay was fair. The hardest part for my role, was a lot of road blocks in order to make things more efficient, and pettiness from leadership and executive leadership. The culture is not open to new ideas and it seems to be every man for himself.
Dont do it
Wireless Lead (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 13, 2018
If you want a job where you arent allowed to have a life and want minimal pay for what you do... this is it. If you want to work 50 hours a week, no holiday pay, and be constantly thrown under the bus by your leaders then this is the job for you.

In the beginning it was great, towards the end it was awful. No raises, unless you're promoted then it stops there. If it wasnt for my target team mates I would've quit a LONG time ago. Not worth it.
Pros
Initially a positive work environment. Discounts on mobile services.
Cons
10 hour days, half an hour lunches and two breaks. No vacation time, no paid holidays, ever changing comission structure, high turn over
Terrible
Associate Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 9, 2018
Terrible, no commission, over-promised, under-delivered, months after "ramp-up" and still no where near flat commission minimum, not to mention 2x or 3x goal will NEVER happen.
Great job
Mobile Concierge (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2018
Great job, just not enough hours. Would like more daytime hours to be available for more stability. Would like the trainers to get paid for training other new employees.
Don’t work here
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 6, 2018
It’s the worse company you can work for I only needed the experience and left as soon as possible the company will seize to exist soon they already lost 150+ stores there’s no point anymore commission checks is a joke sometimes it’s $2 and the highest I’ve seen is $40
Slow and Unknowing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 6, 2018
MarketSource had a good concept. We don't work for any of the big three phone carriers but are able to work with all three. However, Marketsource sets their aims very high. On days when you don't see more than 20 people in the store you're expected to still get 10 upgrade checks or something absurd like the. They even say in the trainings (which theres a lot of!) that for every 10 you get shot down 1 will be interested.
Pros
Open mid-day so no early mornings, or late nights
Cons
Horrible management at a higher level.
Excellent Company
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 2, 2018
Fast paced environment with a team atmosphere. Excellent company to work at. Management fostered a workplace culture built around team work and achieving the goals to satisfy our clients.
more or less a normal retail position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 1, 2018
Most days are slow almost no customers most days are spent doing targets job not your own. my main quarrel with this company is not the everyday experience but rather the fact that some people are essentially made to quit either by upper management forcing lower management to convince an employee to quit or by shifting his or her schedule in a way were they would not be able to show up which would result in them being fired as this scheduled would be shifted again and again until the employee is ignorant of when he is supposed to be there this is not necessarily done to bad employees it is also done to good ones.
A Typical day at work
Target Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 1, 2018
I was to sell phone plans and phones, but in practice most people already had plans, and bought phones over the holidays. I was let go because the store manager at the Target. I worked at didn't seem to like me and wanted me gone
Pros
Great pay, great manager
Cons
Rarely fulfirlled Target Tech function
Reasons why this is only A temporary job!
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FloridaSeptember 30, 2018
Although I prefer to work alone, I quickly adjusted to working with others. Upside? You meet people that can come off as cool and down to earth and seem as if they are there to help. Downside? Management is not dependable and if in a sort of crisis you may get thrown under the bus by your so called cool co workers.

But to sum it up at the end of the day all you have to do is show up, sell phones and direct TV and go home.
Pros
Pay is okay, Works around your schedule
Cons
Managament, no career growth
It was an okay job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 29, 2018
I had some issues with management and pay. I went without being paid for a month but they resolved it after a while. and some management never replied to me.
Pros
Decent hours decent pay
Cons
If You Don't Know The Truth, This Job Is Not About Making Money.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 28, 2018
Most part-time jobs pay $9.00 to. $11.00 an hour yet MarketSource believes $8.00 an hour is fine. While working inside Target and standing around to sell smartphones or Direct TV, most of your day consist of checking out toys etc. at the register. There is very few customers who come into the store to activate new phone service and Direct TV? Forget about it. Thanks to the $8.00 an hour to pay for basic needs like can food, tiny toiletries and maybe a real meal each week.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Boredom, Childish Management
Fun and always something different
Service Account Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my jb was being able to be my own boss, setting my own schedule and never having to worry about being on more than one conference review and follow up call on a weekly basis
Pros
discounts
Cons
no long term programs
Great job
Mobile concierge (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Great job to work for I loved every bit of it and still loving it. I am paid very well and they do work with your hours. They give you the Holidays off.
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJ 08081September 25, 2018
A typical day would be standing at the register greetings customers and making sure the experience at the store was perfect. I learned that customers are always looking for someone to help them and help point them in the right direction.
Cool job
Target Rep (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 25, 2018
The job isn't too difficult if you like talking to people. A plus is you get weekly pay and a lunch break. Downside if it is slow all you do is stand around all day doing nothing for hours at a time.
Worked for the company for years . Happy with the contracts I had
SER/ Whirlpool Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Very good company to work for. Great management and very good training skills for employees. Compensated well for the contracts I had within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

57out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MarketSource.