MarketSource Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,138 reviews matching the search See all 1,144 reviews
Exciting
Product Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2018
We were properly trained on all new features and products that were coming down the line. This training allowed us to talk and demonstrate with confidence, the retail products to both salesman and customers.
Had a true loyalty to hp
Territory Sales Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
During this time, hp had substantial advantages over their competition. I found this easy to exploit. I was able to maximize sales in every store front. I learned customers wanted best and easiest path to sales and success. When I showed them this path, sales would follow.
Pros
Great company (hp)
Cons
Slightly unorganized/turnover (marketsource)
No direction from management
Wireless Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 9, 2018
Management needs better training on how to properly and appropriately communicate with the employees. I feel that they should offer benefits to the full-time employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
work
Target Wireless Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 8, 2018
It's a decent job starting out it helped me get experience. You do have to meet sale quotas. In order to get paid you have to hustle. The best part of the job was the employee mobile discount with Verizon,at&t and sprint.
Pros
mobile discount
Cons
quotas
It was fun and the environment was fun too
Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2018
i learned how to be a sales person and that was good experience and you get paid very well for the work you do so thats great it was a very great exsperince if you wanted a job that could help you get a littlew bit of money then market source is a good place for you the mangers wher great they would pop up on just to see if you need any help
solid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2018
good experience overall
the support staff was good and the managers gave good support
co-workers were solid
the benefits were fair
not a very stressful job
Great Place to Work
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CA/ Whittier CAJuly 5, 2018
My typical day at work was handling all of the foot traffic coming in to by printers and pitching them the new option to purchase cartridges for their printer.
Good place
Wireless Team (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 1, 2018
Good place to work except the hate that the company gets from the company we provide the service for. Overall i like the job and wish worked out better.
Pros
Schedule
Loved The Customers But It Wasn't Enough
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 28, 2018
District Manager was disrespectful, a fellow employee was very aggressive with no punishment given and behavior excused. Was not properly trained and was scolded for not knowing certain information which wasn't available to me to begin with. Horrible company and a very strong lack of values.
Pros
Hourly Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Freedom and Sales
Wireless Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 27, 2018
As a Wireless Team Leader, I had so much fun with MarketSource. I got to run my store my way, train my people my way, and have an absolute blast while building my business. The only downside, and which resulted in my leaving, was pay. It may have changed since I left, but when I was there it was well below market standard. Like less than the non-management sales people at the carrier stores.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, freedom, customer oriented
Cons
pay
Great for a Part-Time Job
Tech Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Like the title says. MarketSource is great for a part-time job. It gives enough free time and schedule maneuverability to effectively handle a another full-time or part-time job else where. All this while providing you with a starting pay almost twice the minimum wage.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter
Cons
Unpaid mileage
8 years at MarketSource
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 21, 2018
MarketSource has a unwritten policy of not letting staff work there longer than 8-10 years. What they do is slightly change the job you were hired to do so you must re-interview for the job. This is done about every 2-3 years. If you get the job, fine however after 8-10 years on the job they figure you have been there long enough and need new blood. On that last interview, you are failed and even though you have years of experience and proven competency they let you go. I've seen this occur with over 50 staff, including myself.
Cons
VERY Lo Pay, no real security
flexible scheduale
Mobile sales representative inside target (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJune 21, 2018
was a mobile rep. in target. the commission was not good compared to any major cell phone carrier. hours were flexible for people that had school or any other commitments. I personally had an opportunity to become a supervisor but declined because it required much more commitment for not much more pay .I always remembered people calling my sup on her day off and she would have to cover for call outs and I did not want to be in those situations. overall a simple job that will provide you with lasting customer service and sales experience
Fun ,challenging place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 19, 2018
Good company, unfortunately has closed it's doors , and is out of business. I feel the C.O.O. and owner became out of touch with the direction of the market. And caused the eventual failure of the company.
Pros
Good pay, and advancement.
Cons
Poor health care insurance
Not the worst company innthe world
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 19, 2018
Make a bit more than minimum wage and must work for compensation which isn't much if you are in a low traffic store. Lots of hours during the holidays but not so much unless you a manager because only they get 40 hours a week. They barely hire within for manager position in each store. Could end up training your new manager. You have a lot of downtime which is a plus but it can get really boring.
Work schedule everyday
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJune 19, 2018
Working with the top 3 phone companies at&t, Verizon, and Sprint. Selling their phones and plans to the people in the target store.

Closed down multiple locations without letting us know and laid off many people, especially new people in the company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management needs to work on its ethics
DISTRICT MANAGER / TARGET TECH (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2018
As a DM I wore many hats but all in all it was a good place to work. I had an district in which I was in control of the staff and was lead by a regional manager. The system worked.
benefits
Cons
work, life, balance
Great enviornment and great people
Target Tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 15, 2018
Besides the pay, Marketsource is a pretty awesome job!! I would recommend anyone like high school students or maybe college students to apply for this job.
Overall good experience but little job security.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Working for market source is a great experience for those looking to develop their sales skills in a fast paced environment. The company employs people and places them into a retail facility they currently have a contract with.

The workplace culture is very entertaining since you are constantly being approached by customers interested in learning about the products you sell. Though the tough part is on the slow days where you need to develop innovative ways to increase the foot traffic for the business. This can prove challenging but adds an opportunity to develop creative ideas.

Management checks in regularly but is not very involved as far as maintaining a physical presence at all times. This has helped me strengthen my independent problem solving abilities and fast paced thinking on the job.
Typical Traditional Sales Organization
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 12, 2018
While the corporate culture appears to be excellent at the surface level, the deeper you dig, the more it reveals itself to be another bastion of traditional sales culture. Aggressive, cut-throat, and not particularly tolerant of diversity (despite superficial attempts to appear diverse).

At the end of the day, it's still a good ol' boys' club. If you're okay with playing along with that and fit the favored demographic, you'll do well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight