MarketSource Employee Reviews

Found 1,384 reviews matching the search See all 1,398 reviews
Very slow pace job
Target Tech (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 24, 2019
Job is fine if you just want to stand around all day long. Managers will make it seem as if you are not doing your job even when there is NO guest around. They expect you to stock things as if you work for target even though you learn that you aren’t suppose to. If you are a person of color you will experience lots of discrimination not only from guest but workers as well. I have had plenty incidents of a manger telling me I can’t do something but let somebody else of a different race do the exact thing and speaks not one word to them. I will be filing a discrimination report.
Pros
Laidback
Cons
Discrimination
Fun Place to work and to make a lot of money
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 23, 2019
Amazing work place lots of money to be made. fun people to work with. i enjoy my time working there i could get all my friends to work there if i could
Had Heart Surgery & was approved time off yet they fired me!!!!
Target Mobile (Former Employee) –  Highland, INJune 21, 2019
HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! I underwent Heart Surgery & they approved me for 3 weeks off LOA, yet they FIRED ME 1 week before I was supposed to come back!!!!
Market Source is a good job
Mobile Concierge (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 16, 2019
Market Source teaches you valuable skill in the mobile phone industry to help you further you career out side of the company. The hours are flexible and the experience is worth it.
Loved it!
Mobile Concierge (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJune 16, 2019
It is the most easy job I had! I loved every moment of it and I wish I could go back. I had lost my job due Walmart saying they didn’t want me in the store.
It’s a sales job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJune 13, 2019
If you have worked on a commission based job before, you know there are the ups and downs. I feel that MarketSource balances their hourly and commissions pretty well. That being said, you need to learn your stuff. Just like any job, you will not find it enjoyable if you slack around. Otherwise it’s a very easy job!
Pros
Great Communication and Team
Cons
MarketSource is a “middleman”
horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 11, 2019
I was promised full-time hours when hired I was there for over a year and never got my hour's management was a joke no room to advance most target employees dislike the market source
Low pay. Little opportunity for advancement. Bad upper management.
Wireless Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 10, 2019
This is an incredibly low-paying job. I started in 2017 at $10.50 per hour, and have plenty of previous experience. It is now May 2019, and I am still being paid $10.50 per hour, even though expectations have risen exponentially. No opportunity for better hourly pay or benefits as a team member. No PTO. No appreciation for staying in a company with high turnover. There are too many expectations for the low hourly pay. They have even dropped team lead pay from $15.xx to $12.xx in many stores. Upper management heavily micromanages the stores, wanting us to waste our time posting what we do each day to a group chat when we could be more productive without. Although there is a policy banning work-related electronic communication off of the clock, I would receive text messages from my old DM about doing trainings during my off time. Corporate would not allow me to take an official leave of absence for my last semester of school. Commission structure is a joke. I’ve had many incompetent team members working in my district in the past.

Our job is to sell wireless products and digital services, and occasionally we are trained to sell other products such as smart home products (usually with no incentive). We often get tied up doing other things for guests, reducing our sales opportunities (ex. Being tied up selling video games while a Target team member rings up a prepaid phone or accessories). We are also often left alone on the electronics sales floor, when our own policies specifically state that we are NEVER to be on the electronics sales floor on our own

MarketSource has
  more... been removed from many Target stores, with corporate opting to sell wireless and digital services using their own team members. It appears that the writing is on the wall for Target and MarketSource’s relationship.

On the flip side, we have a great relationship with the Target team members in our store.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Low pay, company won’t give raises to productive employees, little room for advancement
Sudden Loss Of Will
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 10, 2019
That's what they tell us when we talk about how slow our stores are.

90% of the business we do happens before 2pm, then we're begging people to talk to us for the remaining 5-6 hours of the shift. Selling phones to elderly customers is great, until they get mad at you for not opening until 11am and then berate you because you tell them that's what the hours the company thinks are best.
Decent job
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2019
If you want $8 an hour and small amounts of commission that’s also a joke, then this is the job for you! If the pay was better, it honestly would be a 5 star job. You get paid to chill all day and wait for sales!
Pros
Freedom, 5 day work week
Cons
Compensation, Long work hours
Hope you like working on an island
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 7, 2019
I worked in the Tracfone program primarily briefly participating in the short lived OnePlus program. In the Tracfone program you are a vendor in Walmart locations tasked with boosting sales and brand awareness for an average of 23 hours per week. I had a lot of success boosting sales over 35% in my primary location leading my region in total sales. That being said, it ultimately meant nothing as the program has an hour cap and no advancement opportunities. In the beginning marketsource made other programs accessible which helped add hours and gain opportunities. Around February the Tracfone program moved operations to an app that was only used for that program essentially cutting you off from the rest of the company. It is impossible to live on 23 hours per week with $1 per sale commission. Like I said, I was the top performer in my district and was averaging $50-65 commission every week. So basically I either needed another part time job or one full time job. I was lucky in that I had a lot of industry experience but trained people for 4 hours who had no experience who were then left alone in their store to handle the mass volume of issues. You work in a Walmart but have no control over any store functions such as inventory, cashing out sales, displays, or merchandising. It was over two months before I met my boss who was the first employee of the company I had ever met in person. You clock in with your phone using GPS, communicate via an app, and have basically no support.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No advancement
Unorganized management who were nearly impossible to reach, company culture focused on reaching quotas
Target Tech (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 6, 2019
I worked with Target Tech and had a horrible experience. The scheduling process of this job was horrible and changed last minute nearly every week so I was constantly having to cancel appointments. Constant miscommunication between my store lead and district captain which aggravated the scheduling issues. The company culture was extremely pushy with sales and focused on reaching quotas more than anything. The variable income checks are typically late as well. Overall nice people at the company, but too unorganized to make it worthwhile
Pros
good hours, nice coworkers
Cons
late checks, poor management, bad communication, horrible scheduling
Moblie Representative.
Target Mobile Representative (Former Employee) –  Medina, MNJune 6, 2019
Working in Target as moblie Representative was a little stressful but I really enjoyed the job. It always kept me interacted and busy, I learned how to be calm in stressful situations
Fun
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 6, 2019
Marketsource was fun to work for. I worked for Hewlett Packard brand within Best Buy stores in Southwest Florida. I would recommend as a part time job
Temporary
HP Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2019
good flexible job easy hours
I like the weekly payouts
wish we got more stuff from hp like laptops or printers
sell pro game sucks almost no one wins it
No communication from Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2019
Managers do not interact with employees. They do not offer training or support . Managers only acknowledged you if you reach your goal. No moral ans many complaints of management being racially bias
Pros
Paid weekly & offers overtime pay
Cons
Made to Feel worthless if goals aren't reached
Potential but flawed
District Captain (EEL) (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 5, 2019
The basis of this company is straight forward. Selling products in a retail location. Products were good but management is terribly ran. Fraudulent managers are proudly applauded for their efforts. Advancement passed manager is non existent.

Management chooses individuals to lead a district with no experience with the company. Failed management is where they fail. Numbers are not realistically met due to the companies inability to understand in a changing environment.

If you want to advance forward you must own a store with a good track record of sales. Locations are all different based upon foot traffic and demographics. Demographically speaking, if you’re in an area of low income your stores numbers will be lower thus not showing the true work and effort of being in a more difficult location.

Not to mention as well, district managers are supposed to follow guidelines on customer privacy but continually get away with carrying personal info of guests.

Numbers are all that matter with this company. If you can make fraudulent sales they’ll applaud you and let you continue until they no longer can accept it.

The pay scale is a joke as well. Commission is almost non existent and they pay minimum wage even in an ever growing economy. Wages do no match a living wage.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Wages and management
Great career
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 4, 2019
Fun place to work. If you are looking for a great part time job this is it. Pay is good. Super flexible. I would recommend it to a friend. Great for the tech savvy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work based on company maintaining contract.
Great part time gig
Outside Sales Marketing (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 3, 2019
Loved working at locations like Best Buy, Office Depot Staples. Pick your days and hours to be at your locations to complete your assignments.
It is by no means a career job but great for part time work for retired and students.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Pay was not great and working weekend
productive,fun and serious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJune 3, 2019
i learned a lot from market source like how to become a good sales person and how to use phones what to suggest to customers off of what they say as well as all of the cell phone companies and their plans.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketSource. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MarketSource.

Powered by Comparably