MarkLogic Employee Reviews

Great company
Accounting Staff (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAFebruary 22, 2019
I loved my time with the company. The people are great. I loved the snacks and the free meals every Tuesday. They also have snacks on site and a SODA machine.
Pros
Free Lunch EVERY TUESDAY ONLY
Cons
some people might feel inferior than others but I guess that happens in every job.
Good workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Good group of people, friendly workplace culture and benefits. The most enjoyable part was with the team I worked with. Enough work to keep you busy all day.
Pros
Free lunches
Political and Stagnant
Director Healthcare Consulting Practice (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CANovember 21, 2018
I worked for MarkLogic Corporation for approximately five years. The first three years were great...great culture, good growth and lots of opportunity. The most recent two years there was essentially no growth and the firm become much more politically driven. Resources were viewed as expendable and it became all about "what have you done for me today." My direct supervisor who is a Senior Vice-President was an excellent micro=manager but a poor excuse for a leader. While I was extremely loyal to the company that loyalty was not reciprocated. I was paid well but treated badly and there was no such thing as work/life balance. It was a 24x7 job and that was the expectation of company leadership.
Pros
Smart technical people
Cons
Poor leadership and abuse of power by some of leadership
Good product company with well-positioned sales and consulting staff
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 23, 2018
MarkLogic has expanded quickly in part because it builds a great NoSQL platform and in part because it understands how to work its sales and consulting to get its software into the customer's operations quickly, then expand the platform to other customer needs.
Pros
Great product, good work culture, fast-paced
Cons
Communication is distributed and sometime lacking, platform is large, and not fully understood by MarkLogic management
Slow-paced workplace
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Fewer opportunities of career advancements, but good for someone who doesn't care about that because pay-wise it is good.
Not a good place to start your career but good place to retire.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
not much learning
enjoyed my time there
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CANovember 1, 2017
i was a contractor however i was welcomed into the marklogic family and treated with respect. Overall i enjoyed my time with the team and management. Good products.
They have no direction and poor management.
Federal & HealthCare Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 21, 2017
- lack of direction, the plan is always changing, they repeat mistakes over and over and blame the employees for executing when a lot of time it's the management's poor vision and lack of corporate support/ collaboration.
Pros
fun people
Solid Product
Sales (Former Employee) –  VAApril 4, 2017
Great people, great product, good culture. Sometimes, even with a smaller company, it can be challenging to get things accomplished. There is no lack of resources to help you out with your business
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
401k plan is weak
Company moving in the right direction
Sales Development Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2017
MarkLogic: Software company providing an Enterprise NoSQL database for integrating data silos and handling big data applications

MarkLogic is a fast growing enterprise software company powering over 500 of the world’s most critical Big Data Applications with the leading real-time database technology capable of handling any data in any format at petabyte scale.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No work/life balance
Great Place to Work
Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CASeptember 20, 2016
Very friendly people and a great product. MarkLogic is the future of databases; it will take over SQL databases, the just weren't designed to handle the problems and size of data and the unpredictable format of data that we have to deal with today.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks; friendly and smart people
Evolving company
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
Enthusiastic co-workers. Problem is every consultant behaves like a sales person and believes all other NoSQL databases are stupid.