Marks Paneth LLP Employee Reviews

relaxed and comfortable work environment
Semi Senior (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 15, 2018
Prepared Non resident tax returns
supervised interns
research federal and state tax rues for non residents
research treaty information for non resident tax returns
Pros
flexible schedule
Tax Internship
Tax Accountant - Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
I was hired for busy season, depending on your group. You will start with filing fees, followed by tax extensions and then eventually returns. Your team will be very helpful if you ask questions and take advantage of their great open door policy. Great events sponsored by the firm during busy season to keep all employees happy ranging from massage days to different snacks days.
Pros
Snack Days, Overtime for interns, Associates and Seniors
Cons
Busy Season can last forever
Enjoyable workplace
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 28, 2017
As an intern in Marks Paneth, I learned a vast amount of infomation pertaining to the accounting field. The people were very warm and welcoming as well as never hestiant to to help you when having issues with work.
Was a good place to work
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Was a good place to work. I worked in audit and focused on non profit, healthcare and governmental clients. I learned a great deal in my years working in public accounting.
not good place too work
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
This place has a big turnover . I had a really bad time when I worked there. I can say a good word about one manager (who became a partner lately), who was teaching and who it was nice to work with.
overview
Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYOctober 28, 2017
It's a nice balance. it all depends on the partner you work for. busy season can be brutal but that's public accounting. these days, it's busy all year round and very little down time.
everyday administrative duties
Administrative Assistant to the Tax Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Very busy, everyday administrative duties. Very busy during tax season, can be hard at times. Besides that the culture is great and learned a lot being there for almost 10 years
Great working enviornment
Accounting Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 27, 2017
My manager is very helpful, he is very patient to answer all of my questions. I was helping my manager with an accounting project with data analysis. It was a great opportunity to learn more about accounting.
product environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYAugust 8, 2017
Marks Paneth is a reputable accounting firm. My experience was incredible. The only reason why I did not give it a 5 star overall is because of the training. Yes the training was good and explained step by step on what to do. However, I feel as if the training could have been more interactive instead of having a person talk for hours.
Great Experience
Real Estate Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
My experience with Marks Paneth has been amazing and it has taught me a lot in the corporate world. My knowledge of different software has increased my ability to be a better professional in my field.

Want to know more about Marks Paneth LLP?

Ask a question
Midsize firm with a Big firm culture
Associate - Tax (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Great opportunity to work in different types of roles within the firm. Small team and not so long hours as the Big 4 firms but during busy times it can be long.
Learn A Lot
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
The firm is a growing firm and has lost a little of the smaller family feel that it had in past. The compensation is not up to industry standards and have lost personnel as a result.
Big Disappointment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYNovember 16, 2016
They pride themselves on having a "family" atmosphere. NOT. People are unhappy and management turns their head the other way. Job misrepresented, then when you express disappointment they let you go. Coworkers unwelcoming. It's all as phony as can be. Everyone is out for themselves. Interns have it better than employees. Also, no wifi for employees. You have to go out of the office to get wifi.
Pros
A few of the people are nice. Nice location.
Cons
Everything else. The sell you a line of goods but don't deliver.
Mid-size firm exposure
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYOctober 17, 2016
Great people to work with, just that they tend to use people for busy season sometimes and then give you a b/s reason why they have to let you go. They should be hiring for a temp position in the first place.
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers. We all get along and they know they can depend on me and I on them. The hardest part about this job is that during our busy season I put in a lot of hours.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
this is a great place to work. I am very happy, I am just looking do different type of work. I have had a great experience and the people are great to work with.
not productive
Tax Return Processor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
the Poor work environment and
unpleasant professionals along with the
bad benefits made this place not to desirable to work there.
people with poor manners and respect for others.
Pros
poor communications between emplowes
Cons
not paid taxis during long hours of stay during tax season
CPA firm in Tarrytown NY
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 26, 2015
Decent CPA firm in Tarrytown, NY, busy year round. Significant overtime during tax season as well as from August through October.
Put in many weekends including a few Sundays. Most people are nice however.
Pros
Good westchester location
Cons
Tight on salaries, bonuses and advancement
Secretarial tasks performed routinely and daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 3, 2014
Administrative tasks were assigned daily and must be completed by the end of the day. Tasks pertained around secretarial functions and dealing with paper work and transferring information between their three offices. I learned that in workplaces such as a very business setting, hard work will indeed pay off. This job showed me that anyone who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done, will find that promotions are possible. Management was very hands on with administrative assistants by constantly making sure our tasks were performed correctly and completed. My co-workers ranged from all different positions and levels throughout the company. This taught me how important and mandatory it is to know how to communicate with a CEO of a company versus the employee who works directly with me on the same projects. Managerial communication skills were key in this job. The hardest part of the job was learning about the accounting field from hands on experience with filing papers for tax returns, balance sheets, etc, but ironically that was the most enjoyable part. I learned about accounting through first hand experience instead of in a classroom.
Productive and very friendly work environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Learned a great deal about Tax return and able to work with one of the partners. Very friendly environment and employees are always helping one another. Management always giving positive and constructive criticism.
Pros
You choose your own break time and length, celebrate employees birthday each month with mini party.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks Paneth LLP. Our community is ready to answer.