Marksman Security Corporation Employee Reviews

Beware. Run fast away from this company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 14, 2018
Interviewed with this company and was told within a few days would meet with the Vice President. Was told I was overqualified which I was but still looking for work. Would have benefited this company immensely with the amount of experience and knowledge I have in this career field. Was honest during the interview about a back up plan within six months or so unless I did well with this company and was told they appreciate my honesty and moved forward with the interview, telling me I would meet with the Vice President in about four or five days for the next step of the process. Got home and received an email that the position has been filled and they would be in contact if anything else came up. All lies. Steer far from this company.
Pros
Cons
Untruthful unethical personnel in the hiring process.
Absolutely Terrible-Last Resort Employment
UNARMED PRIVATE PATROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2018
When an organization is constantly hiring you have to ask yourself "What are they doing wrong?" It is a revolving door and should only be considered for short term employment. Whatever you do, get everything in writing and in the presence of a human resources representative. I did not receive training and was never drug tested. I have worked in law enforcement and armed security for over 20 years and have never seen an organization as mismanaged as this one.
Pros
Quick Hire
Cons
Lack of efficient management
Terrible Supervisors
Worked in receiving (Former Employee) –  "The Symphony on the River".September 13, 2018
Do not work for this company they hire supervisors who do not care for their employees and only believe their supervisors and get your version of the situation, ever, and really take it to heart. I learned nothing from this company except do not use your morals because it will get you into a dismissal. Except for the Building Manager and other support staff the security staff supervisor did not adhear to policy and procedures and used it in his favor to "brown nose" residents and his supervisor.
Pros
Cons
From the start of the day to the end of the day constant badgering from the supervisor.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
Operations, office management, and office personnel in general do their best to make sure employees are taken care of. Always have their doors open if you need to speak with them about any issues you may have.
Pros
Overall we have a great team onsite
Cons
None come to mind at the moment
Enjoyable and no stress
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2018
I may have found my last career job! Great company with benefits and low stress. Management is always there to help if necessary and will help to find you a position that will work with your personal life. I'd recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Low stress with good play and benefits.
Nice work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 11, 2018
Marksman security is Security Home I like the sites the management and the officers I work with daily it's good upscale sites keeps you on your toes. D.GILES
Pros
Work with you on schedules
Excellent company to work for
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVSeptember 11, 2018
I’ve been working for marksman security for about 3-4 months now and I have I say that everything that was discussed in my interview process has definitely transpired, a lot of companies give empty promises and don’t deliver but marksman security definitely stick by there word, I was told that the property I started at was just to get my foot in the door but they had bigger plans for me, within the first month they moved me to a newly contracted luxury high rise and increased my pay, once they discussed the new property with me and pay increase they told me that they wanted to put me in management soon , I said “ok” within the first month at the new property they turned me into a supervisor with another pay increase, the directors are easy to talk to they work with you with whatever you need, I have had absolutely no issues working with marksman, this is a great company to work for and by far the best company I’ve ever worked for
Pros
Paid lunches, easy to move up, uniforms provided, Work life balance, flexible schedule
The place for a Career in the Security Industry
Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2018
Before applying or complaining ask yourself "what are the main 3 personal core values you stand by?" . Marksman Security Corporation standards are high so be prepared to have at least integrity, commitment and drive. Blessed to be part of this amazing team.
Opportunities to make a positive difference!
Director of Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2018
Marksman Security Corp. has tremendous opportunity for those who understand and practice genuine Professionalism, Customer Service and Client Care. Stability and consistency are the main attributes of the company. This is important for an Officer's balance between their work-life and home-life. Health benefits are available, as well as a competitive hourly wage. Leadership opportunities are available for anyone with the desire to mentor, train and make a positive difference within the company.
Pros
Health Benefits, Competitive hourly wage, Full Time Opportunities, Uniforms
My first security job and love it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2018
I started working for marksman July 2 2018, at world market center never called in was only 5 mins late once due to traffic. After that moved to my new location that I love at the sky las vegas , it is more then just security there you have your condos there that have an h.o.a office inside I do lots of stuff to get knowledge that if they ever let me go I can use on my resume. Already was talked to about possibly becoming supervisor next month plenty of growth and opportunity in the company just work hard and show up that's all they ask. They will work with you.
Pros
paid lunch, awesome company to work for
Cons

Want to know more about Marksman Security Corporation?

Ask a question
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
It was a quick paced job with little chance of advancement. It was not stress full but the supervisors were micro managers. No opportunity to use any initiative.
Terrible.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2018
The management team is horrible. They handle employees poorly and end contracts without cause or proper discussion. It's almost passive aggressive the way in which the higher ups operate; as if they're afraid of confronting and coaching employees. There's no room for advancement. Once you're on a post, you're stuck.
Pros
High pay, benefits
Cons
No breaks, can't leave until relieved, poor management
Great work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2018
Marksman Security Corporation is the best working experience I have gained. I was fortunate enough to set myself up for a real career. There is plenty of opportunity and chances to move up within the company. There isn't a place like it.
Pros
Learning from
Productive work place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2018
Marksman Security is without a doubt the best provider for security services in the Las Vegas region. Management is always approachable and available to assist with needs of their employees. Marksman Security is consistently obtaining contracts and continue to grow and ensure that employees are payed at an adequate rate for their services. If you wish to be apart of this amazing security company with, the possibility of movement within the company, I cannot recommend more than applying at Marksman Security.

Five Core Value That Brand Marksman Security Standby.

Integrity

Service

Commitment

Drive

Innovation
Fast paced with opportunity to grow
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2018
When I 1st moved back to Las Vegas, I sent out numerous applications and Marksman was the 1st one to give me an opportunity, and in that short amount of time I have experienced expedited growth and learned new skill sets within the company. If you want more than a job Marksman is it.
Not what I expected.
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309August 9, 2018
Marksman as a company lacked communication and handling skills when it came to dealing with their employees. Did they do provide decent benefits, if you select to opt in. Direct deposit was a plus for them, although sometimes you wouldn't receive your money until a day after you've expected it.
Pros
Direct Deposit, Beneifits
Cons
Late C-Workers, Poor Management
Horrible service.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2018
These people will gallavant with your paycheck and try their hardest to push you out. Some might enjoy the challenge but barely ten bucks an hour is absolute garbage, I literally went to a landscaping job and not only do they pay way more but have more benefits lmao
Pros
Cons
Fake coworkers, Lying managers, underpaid for work
Bait n Switch
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 30, 2018
I was working with another company when I was approached by Marksman Security, Was offered a much higher position with a substantial amount of pay increase. When I left AUS to go to work for Marksman I was downgraded from a Account Manager position and hired as a Supervisor / Utility officer. From there my pay was decreased substantially so I left the company and returned to AUS.
Pros
Cons
was lied to about pay and position if i were to join.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2018
Working for this company has been a pleasure. The management team and staff are very professional . The scheduling department really tries hard to work with the employee in order to find out what works best for your situation.
Learning never stops, consistentcy always rewarded, and open to growth.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Downtown Miami, FLJuly 29, 2018
Throughout the time working with Marksman, learning, growing within the company and helpful information always available to anyone who seeks. The company always rewards towards the performance given that’s my personal experience. Am glad that to make choices to work for this company, have witnessed the growth of coworkers to different positions in the company and including myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marksman Security Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about