Marksman Security Corporation

Marksman Security Corporation Employee Reviews

United States672 reviews

securityofficersitepostsupervisoruniformguardcorporation

Ok

Ok pay not the best working conditions working in the hot sun in Las Vegas doing park patrol. Liked getting paid for dealing with people and getting a good tan.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Had water cooler and fridge in between rest rooms.

poor first line supervision

First line supervisors doesn't know enough about what is required and need to perform duties at my site, has no knowledge of how to care for the S/O they are responsible for.

Marksman Security Corporation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive work place

It’s a good company and they are very detailed on what you have to do with the he company and it’s clean and very respectful towards their workers. I recommend working here

Very professional

Walking in the door I felt welcomed. The representative was very respectful and informative, they was able to make the sign on process easy. My interview was straight to the point and was able to provide me with specific details in regards to my assignment

Security officer

Marksman will give you the hours but you will never get promoted specially if your a woman. They overwork their officer and tell you if you don’t work 16 hours shifts for someone else’s call out that you can loose your guard card. If your looking temporary work then this job is ok but not for long term

Management is helpful and supportive

I like working for this company.But for growth and expansion? Not an easy promotion. I don't think I will work here long term.I will be looking elsewhere for more money and growth for cost of living expenses

Pros

Management is easy to talk to

Cons

Not easy to move forward or around for benefit and strength

Simple work

As far as level 2 security jobs this one isn’t difficult, we have great rapport with our client and you can maintain a flexible schedule if you are taking classes or what have you. I would’ve liked if the supervisors and management were on the same page when it comes to policies and implementation of change. It just seems like what’s missing is effective communication.

Not stress full and easy work

I lovebit and never had a better boss or place to work I'd work here till I retire I like it so much I even tell my friends to get a job at marksman security

Great Company

From the first fin call inquiring about the job and company, it was very professional right down to interview. The staff are not co-workers they are Family, everyone looks out for each other and our communication is excellent. The pay is good. So far this is the best security company in DFW Metro-Plex. 10 thumbs up. I love this company and all it has to offer. Allows room for growth and advancement. Thanks MarksMan for being there for your staff. This company is very understanding and accommodating as long as you stay on point and communicate. 10 Stars for MarkMan Security.

Productive security experience will look great on a resume

I loved the company it opened up a lot of doors across las vegas for me in security. The benefits could be a lot better. No 401K, Dental, and Medical are through Humana. PTO is built for every hour worked. Did a year for the company and worked my butt off. Never had a problem with senior management. Be forewarned though that in many cases if someone calls out for their shift you will be required to cover that post and work up to 16 hours and it won't matter if you have kids or other important matters going on. Marksman has incredible staff just be sure you ask about company policies during interviews and you read the company policy handbook before you wish to work long-term for this company.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Lack of long term benefits

Supportive management team, good pay and benefits. Flexible scheduling

Supportive management team with humble approach to its employees…Good pay and benefit package. Flexible and accommodating concerning post placement and scheduling. Professionalism from management team always on display.

Pros

Paid breaks, good benefits

Cons

N/a

It’s a good job

It’s been a nice a job when I working there at the timeframe Of me working there. The people was nice and I had a nice experience ,an learn a ton of different duty’s of training over the years of working for the company. Great life style to work for if your doing short term or long it just had to fit for you.

Pros

Easy going a lot to learn and a lot of team work

Cons

It’s can be stressful with residents sometimes including you have to make sure your pay is on point

Very nice hiring process

ONLY TOOK AN AVERAGE OF 3 DAYS TO BE PUT ON PAYROLL. VERY PRODUCTIVE BUSINESS! I expect to be an employee here for a very long time. It’s convenient to my home and it’s very good people to be around.

Marksman security

As soon as I walked in marksman security treated me like family. Every body at the corporate office is so nice. The front desk lady answered all of my questions .

Pros

Everybody was so nice and treated me with respect

Atmosphere and Environment

Staff on site was very knowledgeable about job expectations and procedures...Great and Kind also very friendly.. please do not Second Guess Marksman Security.

Pros

The Staff politeness and kindness.

Cons

No cons to report

Productive.

All staff are very professional and treat everyone equally. Very great with communication. It is a great company and i look foward to succeeding and moving up.

Great environment

I just heard of marksman and Applied, i was left surprise of how much of a good of a company and how good the management is .The orientation and training were very informing and fun and fast .i learned a lot about the company

Unprofessional and uncaring

The account I worked at was great. Unfortunately the company itself is horrible. They don't care how many hours you work if you're sick or need medication. They expect you to just stay there until you drop dead.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Genuine Company

I’ve worked for MANY security companies. And marksman has to be one of my favorites. From the moment I walked in for my interview, I felt welcomed. Staff is super nice and respectful. Always willing to help and answer ANY questions. No tension in the atmosphere whatsoever

Pros

Great genuine company

The Worst Toxic Workplace Culture I have Seen In Security

I have been working in the security industry for about a decade now and this is most likely the worst security company I have worked for so far. Management is perhaps the most toxic workplace culture I have ever seen. The Owner/Founder along with C level Officers, Vice Presidents, Branch Managers all gossip and talk trash about Directors of Security, Site Supervisors and Security Officers. Terminated employees are made fun of and are often joked about by management. Management has a zero tolerance policy for any mistakes you make. You cannot learn nothing from your mistakes, as you are demoted immediately. Do not work at this company at any cost.

Great place to work for!

I love working here it’s full of great people and amazing leadership. I come to work happy to do my job. They are a great company that is always looking to grow.

Common questions about Marksman Security Corporation

Answered by current and former employees at Marksman Security Corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marksman Security Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits