Marlborough Public Schools

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great district

Caring leaders who truly care for the students. The staff cultural is like a family. The community comes together and truly supports the learning of all children.

Nice and friendly community

Working as a building substitute teacher at elementary level made me understand the cordial environment of this district. The administrators are supportive, as well as the teachers. Children are enthusiastic, respectful and polite most of the time. Yet, the lightheartedness of those kids is a panacea for the spirit. In spite of I am immigrant whose first language is not English, I feel totally welcomed in this friendly environment. In case of family or other reasonable causes I may not come, administrators are comprehensive showing a human side. Definitely, a good place to work at.

Great district to work for

The elementary school I worked at had a supportive group of coworkers, however there was a high turnover rate with administrators. Some buildings in the district are new and in great shape, whereas others need updating. Overall, I enjoyed working for this district.

Rewarding working with the students

Working with my team and the teachers is excellent. Hardest part of the job is working with behaviorally challenged children on a day to day basis. Lack of resources is creates stress.

Pros

Team I work with

Cons

Lack of resources

Lots of good experience in my first job

This was my first job and I loved my co-workers. I think there was some transition going in within the district that caused some low morale amongst staff across the district.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

a very pleasant place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my opportunity to teach at MPS. It was here that I was offered the wonderful opportunity to be part of the new middle school program. My supervisors and colleagues were helpful and supportive.

Pros

good working environment and commute

Great Staff

Day to day staff were wonderful. Promises not kept and a Good Ole Boy network up top was brutal. Human Resources was inconsistent and processes were never reliable.

not a good place

tough job, too much running around, no food, not a supportive atmosphere, things might have changed since I worked there, just not not a positive experience

great place to work for

Great job. sufficient time for work/life. Good benefits, great people to work with. The culture is diverse. Hardest part of the job is watching kids you worked with move up to different grade levels.

Great

For a summer job in between coaching opportunities leading up to school in the fall it was great. Consistent work and consistent schedule.

A fun place to work, excellent management, great employees.

This is an excellent place to work mainly because of the quality of people that work there from the supervisors right on down the line. The schedule is excellent, they provide great training, and the benefits are phenomenal. There is not very much room for advancement in most positions however and the compensation is on the low end of the scale.

Marlborough Schools

I enjoy working in a school environment that is very flexible with my schedule. My co-workers are a second family and my hours are great. My commute is less than a mile away.

Elementary school setting

The school was a very good place to work. In the past few years the amount of students and classes has increased and the time demands were the hardest part of the job to juggle. Dealing with the students and their enjoyment of the library was the best part of the job.

Pros

Great coworkkers

Cons

time demands and changing work load

Learned a lot and was rewarding

While being a sub here, I only worked at one elementary school and was able to get to know the staff and students on a more personal level. I also learned a lot about tolerance and caring for kids with special needs. I had always thought of myself as a tolerant person but you don't realize how certain things matter until have been put into certain situations.

unpleasant

This job was from 7:30am to 2:10 om, i would assist special ed students in regular ed student academically. This job was frustrating because my role was constantly changing, expectation for students were inconstant, and their was no true job security.

Pros

no comments.

Cons

large number of coworkers were unprofessional.

Great place to work.

It was a great work enviroment, but provided little amounts of actual nursing skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marlborough Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Marlborough Public Schools Reviews by Location

• Marlborough Public Schools
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?