Marmen Energy Employee Reviews

Great Company, benefits and people to work with and for
Welder (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDMarch 19, 2018
Marmen has a great environment to work in with good people. The work is there and people are always willing to help if you need it. They will train you if you don't have lots of experience. Good managers!
Pros
Benefits, pay
Great environment, great team!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDMarch 13, 2018
I really enjoy the quality of the people working there, There is a great teamwork spirit, and management is always there to support new intiatives. Amazing benefits, the best in the region!
Pros
Team and on-site training
Does not care about there employees
Welder (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDFebruary 6, 2018
If want to be a hard working get the job done Certified Welder than Marmen energy is NOT the career for you. Full of lies an the supervisors and management do not manage at all. They disapear for hours, leaving the employee to Grind with a 4lb grinder for 6-12hr a day and tack weld hundreds of pits and hole's while preheating every tack weld when the torches don't reach the length of the section worked on therefore impossible to follow their quality procedures.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Marmen Energy
February 13, 2018

We are sorry you had a negative experience at Marmen Energy and hope you have found a working environment that better suits you. At Marmen Energy, we pride ourselves on safety, great leadership and being a dynamic work environment. We always encourage our team members to discuss any concerns they might have with management. For us, communication is the best way to come up with the best solutions.

pretty good place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDJanuary 2, 2018
Decent place to work, schedule can be rough switching from days to nights. The upper management usually listens to what you have to say. They are pretty straight forward.
Good company
Welder (Former Employee) –  DoorsNovember 20, 2017
I worked for a short period but liked the company a lot. Great management and lots of perks. It takes some time to get use to the hours and the constant shift change. But you do get a lot of down time to recuperate.
Great fast work environment
Welder/Repair (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDOctober 25, 2017
I only worked there for a summer, but I absolutely loved it. I learned so much in the short time I was there compared to other jobs I have worked at. The company really cares for their employees and their product and you can feel that every day when you're in their plant.
work your life away
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDSeptember 20, 2017
forced to work a rotating 5/4 schedule days and nights. 12 hour shifts. you will sacrifice a lot for this job, but they will compensate you fairly well.
Pros
compensation
Cons
your social life
Productive enviorment
Weld Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDMay 12, 2017
Pretty good company to start off in South Dakota. As for job work and life balance, it was difficult to adjust your body with the 5/4 schedule. I developed insomnia cause of it. Pay was good and so were to employees and employers
Same thing day after day
Welding (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDFebruary 7, 2017
Early Starts and long 12 hour days/night
Management needs to learn people skills
hardest part is doing the same thing every shift
most enjoyable part is going home
they dont really take care of the long term employees but would rather train new people and pay them less
Pros
Overtime hours
Cons
management and long hours
welder
welder (Current Employee) –  SDNovember 2, 2016
i started out as entry level welder, knowing how to weld but not extremely confident with it. Jobs in my location were hard to get or come by cause a lot of them wanted so much experience. Marmen wont just hire anyone off the street, you do need to have some knowledge but you they do a lot of hands on training with you are are really open to helping you. they encourage you to ask questions but dont micromanage. its a good combination of supervision/independent working. they do in house certifications through the AWS too. I relocated from wyoming and had my moving expenses paid for. they were really good about working with me to get myself and family relocated to SD. starting pay was a lot higher than i expected too what i started out making was what experienced welders make in wyoming.
Pros
employees, management, pay, benefits, steady work
Cons

Want to know more about Marmen Energy?

Ask a question
working with good people
welder (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDAugust 6, 2015
just got out welding school and not knowing how to weld that much, I have learned a lot about welding. I enjoyed welding studs even though I was on my knee about 10 to 12 hours I still want to stay for more hours
Productive and enjoyable job
Roller/Welder (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDOctober 8, 2014
Typical day involved rolling steel out into cylinders.
I learned more production welding and how to operate overhead cranes.
Management was very good.
Hardest part of the job was the rotating shifts
Most enjoyable was finishing a can