Marmic Fire & Safety Employee Reviews

My Thoughts
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARMarch 25, 2019
The company has improved tremendously over the past 2 years. The ones that are no longer here and complained are those who shouldn't have been here. Top leadership is holding their Managers and employees accountable now and they are now able to grow and lead the industry with solid, QUALITY employees.
Pros
Time off with family, opportunity to grow within the company.
Terrible place to work
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 24, 2019
The hours were terrible. They wanted me to work until the job was done and sometimes jobs took 2 to 3 days. Also had me working all day, all night, and all day the next day with no days off. They do not care about your safety and health at all. I could never get overtime due to them cutting it out and pushing for it to be cut off.
Pros
Co workers were great people
Cons
Hours worked, little pay, no overtime
Family business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 31, 2019
Competitive fast paced business that is family ran and is passionate about what they do. The work load was ginormous and senior staff members were favored.
I enjoied the people worked with. The upper management lacks integrity.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 31, 2018
In the time I worked at Marmic I waited up to 9 months to receive my yearly commission. The company policy is only ment for some employees. It wasn't a horrible place to work but would not recommend it.
Pros
You can work alot of overtime.
Cons
They don't always do what they say!
Wonderful Career w/ AMPLE opportunities for GROWTH & ADVANCEMENT!!
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2018
Marmic Fire & Safety is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for an exciting career with plenty of new opportunities for growth in your position and advancement within a company.

**They offer competitive wages and benefits as well as a VERY positive working environment.

**Management works together with the team to create a strong teamwork vibe throughout the entire workplace: from warehouse to front office.

**New ideas and proposals are welcomed due to company wide expansions-- Marmic Fire & Safety is expanding rapidly making this a great company to start a wonderful and rewarding CAREER.
Pros
GROWTH & positive working environment
Strong Values
Sales (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 16, 2018
I think Marmic Fire and Safety is great not only because of the company goal to help keep people safe through fire protection but also because of all the people in the company who help fulfill that goal. This a great company to be a part of with so many wonderful people. I have been able to greatly increase my skills and knowledge thanks to Marmic Fire and Safety.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Locally Owned and Operated
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 16, 2018
One of the best things about this company is that it's family owned! I also love the relationships that I have built with our customers, we aren't lying when we say "We know our customers' first names."
worst management ever
former employee (Former Employee) –  anywhereDecember 7, 2017
They are nothing but a bunch of empty promises. They charge twice the price of anyone else. They mark all there stuff up 100%. I don't know why anyone would ever do business with them. They only care about making money and they don't care how they have to get it.
Cons
health care is out of this world
Treated employees different and never gave me pay stubbs
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2017
They would treat me different from other employees about clocking in to work. They did not train me properly to get my certification. They never would email me the check stubs.
Fun place to be.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 29, 2016
Great hours and the boss was understanding and made the environment and easy one to work. Company car with health and dental insurance was for sure a bonus.
Decent Workplace
Fire Suppression Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 15, 2016
My review upon Marmic Fire & Safety was decent considering I've learned numerous amount of techniques and obtained information about fire suppression systems. The most enjoyable part about the job was I got to travel and could receive overtime.
Pros
Decent Pay, maintainable work.
Cons
Laid Off Unsuspectingly
Fun work place with a lot of costumer relations.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 6, 2016
I loved to walk into a room full of executive/representatives of a company. Preform my sales pitch. Explain the services my company could provide to them and blow the competition out of the water with a fair price. Knowing the product the best I could and the thrill of gaining there confidence enough to know that they would be well taken care of even if our bid wasn't the lowest gaining the contract.
Pros
Family company owned and opperated
Cons
Lack of employies to keep up with the workload.
learned a lot of new stuff that i otherwise would not have had the opportunity to know about
fire suppression tech (Current Employee) –  st. louis, moFebruary 18, 2012
this job was a great opportunity and i am still currently employed there part time, but they recognize my need to explore other opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marmic Fire & Safety. Our community is ready to answer.