Marquardt Switches Employee Reviews

Adventure at every turn
Supply Chain Manager - Global Change Management (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 26, 2018
I’ve been in the Supply Chain base for twenty plus years. I’ve traveled the world training supply chain departments. Implemented S&OP globally. Great teams and groups have been formed and I’ve been there to witness the lights go off as new concepts clicked and awareness enter. I’m a proud leader, I believe I’ve groomed knowledgeable staff with secure ways. I’m proud to say I’ve worked with many great minds.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from family a lot
You're either working a lot of over time, or have no work at all
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  CazanoviaJune 3, 2018
The summary says it all really... Last week they told my entire line not to come in for the entire week. We have the choice to use up all of our vacation time or take it unpaid. Also, they told me in the beginning that there was plenty of room for advancement, and that they're willing to even put you through school... The trouble is, if you're good at you're job, they'll do almost anything to keep you there in that exact spot. This is the problem with many employees, and they grow tired of it and leave. The turn over rate here is crazy, we're constantly training new people, and they don't understand why you cant make rate. Not to mention, they're hiring folks at a higher starting rate than employee's that have been there for 10 plus years. It's a shame..
Cons
10 hour day- no sitting- one 15 min paid break.
Good work environment
Customer Quality Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 22, 2018
The Pro's of working at Marquardt Switches is the work environment is good and they are a great group of people to interface with. However, the work is stressful.
Pros
Nice peolpe
Cons
Streeeful
Good overall
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 12, 2018
Good place to work had problem with transportation or i would still be there if not for the transportation problem because I was satisfied with the job overall
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Location far to travel
I Don't Normally Do This
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 5, 2018
You know, I’m not really one to read reviews or really even write them, but I was bored and decided to read our company reviews, as we’re in growth mode and hiring A LOT of new people. I have to say, the most recent reviews actually bother me. Yes, there’s a ton of work to do but Marquardt offers a great team environment and when you’re stressed, playing office golf with people or using a stress ball helps! The people here really care and you can tell. It might not be perfect, but management IS trying and you can see their efforts and our HR department is approachable and trying their best to improve the culture as well. All I can say is make your own opinion, like I did, after interviewing and don’t always rely on reviews.
Not a good place to work
R&D (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 2, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you are a relative of someone already working here. Management doesn't care and doesnt care to resolve your problems but to make more work for you. They hire lots of interns and inexperienced people so that the people that have been here for a long time are constantly training people. There's also a group that gets to golf and throw balls and play all day while others are trying to work in the office. The managers only care about getting their yearly bonus from all of us people that actually do our job. The raises are not good and they don't take care of the people that actually work.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
day never ends
SYSTEMS PROJECT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 31, 2018
stressful place with absolutely unrealistic expectations. vacation and days off are not tolerated . objectives are unclear and change everyday , you are set up to fail
Pros
solid company
Cons
managment
Dont work here
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 12, 2018
Management don't dont know whats going on, there censored with free lunch and long meetings, the hard workers just get made to work harder while the lazy play office golf. parts are never order on time and everything is always late. HR is a joke, ran by kids and are unprofessional they also dont know the law and brake a lot of them. its the good old boys routine where family and friends rise through the ranks while everybody else is left behind.
poor management is the problem mistakes are swept-ed under the rug after bringing it up to management. they meet more then solve problems. the turn over rate is more then 40% they dont try to keep employees but replace them. long hours short notice and when managements done eating there company paid lunch we get the scrapes. Great place to work would recommend it to non GET OUT!!!!
Pros
great employees
Cons
management does not care about nothing
Great place to Work
Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 6, 2018
people are collaborative
managers care about your work life balance
opportunities to excel exist
fair scheduling and opportunities to make an impact on the end result
Pros
good beneftis flexible schedule
Cons
owners in germany
Fast Paced environment
EHS Intern - Lead Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Great co-workers. Be prepared to multitask to keep up with many audits and new launches. Strong focus on quality and continual improvement in all areas.
Summary
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2018
I seems that the Management team needs more backing from upper management to achieve the milestones that need to be met from end customers. Department leads need to be responsible for their team.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
Best Job
Prototype Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Very good and fun company to work for. There very laid back, and stay interacting with the employees. Very flexible with hours. Accepts Intern students very often.
Marquardt Switches
Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Great people. manufacturing environment German owned and managed company. Automotive industry. Great performance partners
3 shifts Human resource department very friendly
mangemetn team excellent
Growing company with improving culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working here. Every company has stress (automotive is in general). The people here are welcoming, friendly, and willing to help and you get a feeling of accomplishment being apart of certain projects. There are fun employee activities that the office does to break up monotony. I don't dread coming into work! Sometimes I think I would like to hear "thank you" a few more times from managers, but I get sometimes not saying anything is thank you in itself. The HR team does a really good job at making employees feel good about their work.
Pros
Free food, employee events, just added more cubes, new office, bright colors, fun people, exciting atmosphere
Cons
Some long hours (but what company doesn't have this)
Cut Throat Environment
Validation Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYNovember 8, 2017
You're asked to take ownership but not given the support needed to make it happen. Everyone is looking at the next 5 minutes but not the next 5 years.
I like working here!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 9, 2017
This is a good place to work in most departments. Certain departments more is expected. It also depends on how much you like working and whether you answer your phone outside of work. Some days things get kind of stressful, but it peaks and then goes away. You can pretty much do whatever you want here, but you have to go after it yourself. And if you are a high stress person and choose to be stressed and unhappy in general, that translates into your work.

9/10 days I like coming into work and I'm thankful.

If you are expecting other people to do the work or ask the questions for you, this is not the right place for you.
Pros
Group events, food (always food), fun people, open office (and bright), some flexibility, located near the Michigan Humane Society (aka puppies)
Cons
Some of the management here is not great/lack of accountability.
manufacturing
THT Operator (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 8, 2017
this company was ok to work for. there wasn't much room for advancement and the supervisors made the same rates the piece workers did. The break room and locker area was always full which forced people to eat out in their cars in the winter.
Pros
the job was the same every day. no suprises
Cons
no advancment. no PTO
Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 4, 2017
Good company to work for, laid back. Would recommend. Was a far drive for me, so it was not worth it for me to drive over an hour each way, especially in the snow.
Productive, fun place, great people
Industrial Engineer & IT ERP specialist (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Every day was an adventure, and the day goes by in a flash. Learned a lot in Engineering and how to apply my knowledge.
Great management. In contact with all levels from the plant. Always had somebody to discuss with.
Workplace culture: try to work smart!
Hardest part is repetitive tasks, but I guess that's all over the world.
Great people in my team and other teams, great bosses, great all over.
Pros
Hr organises different activities through the year
Cons
bad weather on that hill.
Poor management
Production Associate, Cell leader, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, New YorkAugust 20, 2017
After working there for over 6 year and alway haveing good performance reviews. You work hard to get your job done. Then out of the blue. They tell you your being let go for "insubordination". The management there is a joke!! The harder you work the worse you are treated. I Would not recommend for anyone to work there. The only thing they care about is getting the product at the door at any cost.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management and leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marquardt Switches. Our community is ready to answer.