Marquardt Switches Employee Reviews

It's a good company to work at
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYNovember 9, 2018
401K health benefits long-term possibilities entry-level good pay it's a good place to work at the help you get a college education help you make more out of yourself long-term possibilities are great 401K is great that match up to 6%
Pros
401K, 40 hours a week
Not a good place to work
R&D (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 2, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you are a relative of someone already working here. Management doesn't care and doesnt care to resolve your problems but to make more work for you. They hire lots of interns and inexperienced people so that the people that have been here for a long time are constantly training people. There's also a group that gets to golf and throw balls and play all day while others are trying to work in the office. The managers only care about getting their yearly bonus from all of us people that actually do our job. The raises are not good and they don't take care of the people that actually work.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Company in turmoil
Production (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYDecember 5, 2018
A lot called off for shifts from summer to fall. Required to use vacation time if wanting to get paid. Now required to not work during last weeks of holidays. no pay if you dont have vacation time. High turnover with good Engineers and Managers leave for better job making a lot more money. Good Engineers and Managers that are still here talk a lot about leaving since company does not adjust for job market with long drive and requiring more result with less resource. They will probably leave soon too. Makes for a bad work place. Upper management mostly worried about current profit and not long term. Probably because it effects their year end bonus. No bonus for anyone else.
Pros
Good place to learn and start. use as stepping stone for expierence
Cons
all of the above
Good overall
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 12, 2018
Good place to work had problem with transportation or i would still be there if not for the transportation problem because I was satisfied with the job overall
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Location far to travel
You're either working a lot of over time, or have no work at all
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  CazanoviaJune 3, 2018
The summary says it all really... Last week they told my entire line not to come in for the entire week. We have the choice to use up all of our vacation time or take it unpaid. Also, they told me in the beginning that there was plenty of room for advancement, and that they're willing to even put you through school... The trouble is, if you're good at you're job, they'll do almost anything to keep you there in that exact spot. This is the problem with many employees, and they grow tired of it and leave. The turn over rate here is crazy, we're constantly training new people, and they don't understand why you cant make rate. Not to mention, they're hiring folks at a higher starting rate than employee's that have been there for 10 plus years. It's a shame..
Cons
10 hour day- no sitting- one 15 min paid break.
Dont work here
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 12, 2018
Management don't dont know whats going on, there censored with free lunch and long meetings, the hard workers just get made to work harder while the lazy play office golf. parts are never order on time and everything is always late. HR is a joke, ran by kids and are unprofessional they also dont know the law and brake a lot of them. its the good old boys routine where family and friends rise through the ranks while everybody else is left behind.
poor management is the problem mistakes are swept-ed under the rug after bringing it up to management. they meet more then solve problems. the turn over rate is more then 40% they dont try to keep employees but replace them. long hours short notice and when managements done eating there company paid lunch we get the scrapes. Great place to work would recommend it to non GET OUT!!!!
Pros
great employees
Cons
management does not care about nothing
I Don't Normally Do This
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 5, 2018
You know, I’m not really one to read reviews or really even write them, but I was bored and decided to read our company reviews, as we’re in growth mode and hiring A LOT of new people. I have to say, the most recent reviews actually bother me. Yes, there’s a ton of work to do but Marquardt offers a great team environment and when you’re stressed, playing office golf with people or using a stress ball helps! The people here really care and you can tell. It might not be perfect, but management IS trying and you can see their efforts and our HR department is approachable and trying their best to improve the culture as well. All I can say is make your own opinion, like I did, after interviewing and don’t always rely on reviews.
Good entry-level work with room to advance
Operator (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMay 20, 2017
If you can stand long shifts and non-traditional hours, then this is a good company to start out at. If you have any skill with machinery or engineering there is a lot of opportunity for promotion.

The company is very strict about cleanliness and organization.

Benefits are very good.

The hardest part are the hours. If you are an operator you will be working 10-12 hours shifts. Invest in a good pair of shoes because you will be on your feet most of the time. Show up on time and give advanced notice when you decide to take days off.

The best part about working for this company is that you and your co-workers form strong relationships.
Adventure at every turn
Supply Chain Manager - Global Change Management (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 26, 2018
I’ve been in the Supply Chain base for twenty plus years. I’ve traveled the world training supply chain departments. Implemented S&OP globally. Great teams and groups have been formed and I’ve been there to witness the lights go off as new concepts clicked and awareness enter. I’m a proud leader, I believe I’ve groomed knowledgeable staff with secure ways. I’m proud to say I’ve worked with many great minds.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from family a lot
productive and fun work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYAugust 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company ....The work environment was very clean and orderly... The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable..I would work for this company again in the future..
Pros
work inviorment
Cons
driving conditions
ok place to work
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJuly 3, 2018
if you are a yes man then this is the place for you. do what they say, when they say and how they say and you should do ok. just dont stand out or try to do extra.
Pros
70 deg all yeat
Cons
dictatorship management
Good Start
SMT Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 20, 2014
I started when I was 19 and it was a good company to start at. Good place to get experience and move up in. Management would be better if they really had more hands on experience in order to really understand how things operate. its a very team originated place so you're close to your co-workers. I really enjoyed teaching others. Nothing makes me more happy then to continue learning and teaching others.
Pros
Merrit raises, Vacation and personal time up front, year wage review
Cons
lack of breaks
Productive workplace
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 12, 2013
My experience working on an assembly line had its pros and cons. The compensation was decent, and you absolutely work for it. With the position being so repetative and constant, time would go by very slowly and sitting in one place for long periods of time isnt ideal for me. It wasnt the most stable positions either as it had its winter lay off while i was employed there. It wasnt all bad though, there was a mix of different types of people who were employed, and as you were working on the line, you were able to chat and or listen to music which is deffinately a mental therapeutic plus!
Growing company with improving culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working here. Every company has stress (automotive is in general). The people here are welcoming, friendly, and willing to help and you get a feeling of accomplishment being apart of certain projects. There are fun employee activities that the office does to break up monotony. I don't dread coming into work! Sometimes I think I would like to hear "thank you" a few more times from managers, but I get sometimes not saying anything is thank you in itself. The HR team does a really good job at making employees feel good about their work.
Pros
Free food, employee events, just added more cubes, new office, bright colors, fun people, exciting atmosphere
Cons
Some long hours (but what company doesn't have this)
Great people with a great atmosphere
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 24, 2016
A typical day for me would entail to going to the morning meeting, entailing of problems from the night before (24 hour facility). I would then in an hour go to another meeting where people of different departments would communicate with each other about problems and what was done yesterday or last week. That would for most days be the last meeting and I would sit at my desk and work on the fixtures. All co-workers were great, respectful, and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, people and location
Summary
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2018
I seems that the Management team needs more backing from upper management to achieve the milestones that need to be met from end customers. Department leads need to be responsible for their team.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to Work
Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 6, 2018
people are collaborative
managers care about your work life balance
opportunities to excel exist
fair scheduling and opportunities to make an impact on the end result
Pros
good beneftis flexible schedule
Cons
owners in germany
A productive workplace with a dedicated staff
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Come in create circuit boards, view them on the AOI, repair defective parts, move them on to the next line. Most co-workers were disappointed because they were promised better positions when starting, and also because the 3,and 6 month review never happened and most were laid off before reviews came in or moved to other shifts..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, no reviews, disjointed hours
Friendly Atmosphere with excellent co-workers
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMay 14, 2014
Co-workers are some of the best I've had the pleasure working with. Atmosphere is fast paced, but friendly and at times, quite jovial. The hardest part of the job can be extended hours on your feet. A 10 hour day offers 50 mins of reprieve on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the day is the comraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
Excellent healthcare benefits, above average wages
Cons
Wear and tear on your feet
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 15, 2016
They work with many different power tools and countries they are always doing different things with outside companies it's a great place for some one who is wanting to build a career 401 is good benefits are excellent
Pros
All of it
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marquardt Switches. Our community is ready to answer.