Marquette University Employee Reviews

My Review Summary
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
I have no complaints I have worked for Marquette and it has helped me keep my family at home with a roof over our hear and food on the table. I have the opportunity to attend school with free tuition which supports me a lot I am able to teach my daughters how to work hard every day and to study in school it is a blessing.
Pros
growth and opprortunity
Cons
no cons
Happy, like in any work place some people are nice and some are not.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 7, 2018
To low of pay
Standards not the same for everyone. Not everyone follows their mission statement. To much time off without pay. No work no pay! If you work overtime you will not get paid for it.
Pros
Love working with students. I lesrn from them as well
Cons
Standards are not the same for everyone
solid
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 8, 2018
well established
lovely students
art and drama excellent
many programs on offer
strong international program that is growing
lots of new and older teachers goood mix
Good opprotunities for students
Exec.Board; President, Fade In: Film Society (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2018
Marquette allows for students to work and go to school with out the balance from being too overwhelming. The variety and work hours well suits a full time student.
Laid back
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2018
Management is great coworker are cool it like working with family. Room to advance within the company if interested in school you and your family can go for free up to a couple classes per semester.
Cura Personalis is put into action throughout the university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2018
Employees/Employers of Marquette truly abide by the values the university holds. For most of my time there, I genuinely felt cared about and like I mattered as an employee.
Great learning experience
Methods/Procedures (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
Marquette is a great place to learn and grow in your field. The staff is friendly and helpful and have your best interest in mind. I got a lot of hands on experience.
Outstanding
Physician Assistant Guest Faculty (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2018
Great being a guest speaker. Wonderful students who are attentive and ask questions. Learning opportunity for the speaker as well. Shape future practitioners.
Disappointing environment
Assisant Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2018
Nepotism and the good 'ole boy network is still very alive on the campus. The mission and Cura Personalis image that they advertise is definitely not how things are on campus. Very poor leadership and management of upper administration. Students are not listened to and decisions are made on biases rather than the good of the students and University as a whole.

Their promises of caring for the whole person is not displayed. Care is for those with connections and while they claim they are all about caring for non-traditional students, they are not and are just looking to tick the boxes, so to speak.
Pros
Retirement Benefits
Cons
Fair salary (unless in the inner circle) and no professional advancement
Excellent university
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeApril 2, 2018
Excellent university. It is amazing because it appreciates its students and recognizes their academic achievements.

I recommend Marquette University to undergraduate and graduate students

Want to know more about Marquette University?

Ask a question
Laidback but Productive work environment with a great staff.
Milwaukee Police Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2018
Teaches great communication and leadership skills for interacting with all types of people and personalities. Its dependable work but also very compatible with each persons schedule outside of this job.
Marquette business ambassador
Business Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 17, 2018
In this position I write emails for the business school at Marquette, specifically for those students who have applied, but are undecided if they are going to attend the school.
If you're an adjunct in Milwaukee, try to get into Marquette!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2018
Unlike other area schools which treat you like a "dime a dozen" adjunct, Marquette treats you like an actual human. Great support and decent pay per section.
Not much work to do
Rec Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2018
Typically a day at work only consisted of working with customers at the Gym, however I did not learn anything by working there. The people I worked with were extremely nice and I enjoyed their company, however the pay was low, and the work itself was boring.
Pros
The people, the hours
Cons
the pay, the work
Productive and great place to work on campus
Raynor Memorial Library Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2018
You get to be productive and study while you are working, while learning from librarians. You become a great resource for students and faculty. You get to learn how to improve your research skills and how to handle certain research tools.
Campus Job
Student and Website Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 5, 2018
Flexible hours to go along with obtaining a degree. Management is friendly and always willing to work with you. Coworkers became friends and were willing to help out if schedule issues arose.
Pros
environment and flexibility
Cons
pay
Student run program
Student Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2018
This fun student run program has its ups and downs since the turnover is frequent. Students do not stay around for too long since they graduate, but the experience is still a good one. Management could be better.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Late Hours
Mu
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 9, 2018
Marquette is a wonderful environment to work in. The atmosphere is very positive and interacting with students is a very nice perk. The benefits are also very nice.
Primarily a teaching institution with limited research stature.
Research Professor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2018
Maarquette is an excellent undergraduate school, albeit with a limited graduate research record and limited capabilities. Its strengths include Business, Pharmacy and Nursing Schools, with associated support from biology, chemistry, and the social sciences.
Pros
City campus; connection to Aurora & Froedtert Healthcare Systems
Cons
Small Jesuit school, competitive with several small private universities and larger public UW Milwaukee.
Enjoyable Team
Student Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2018
Team was very friendly and very accommodating to my school schedule. The hours were relaxed and the manager was willing to work with you on any issues that may arise.