Marquette University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2018
I was a part time graduate assistant so I didn't get the benefits full-time employees enjoy, but I would highly recommend getting a full time job there because one of its perks is free tuition for employees, their spouses, and their children.
Love working here
Clinical Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2018
Marquette is a great place to work. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. They have amazing benefits and the pay is fair for the amount of hours that I work.
Treated just like an adjunct
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2018
Don't plan to earn a living as an adjunct at Marquette. Don't expect advancement. If you're an adjunct, expect to be treated like an adjunct -- no guarantees, limited pay, no advancement.
Good Place
Residence Hall Desk Receptionist and Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2018
This was a good place to work as there were many good people to work with and to work for. I enjoyed the time I spent here at this job and would recommend it to others.
Professional and friendly place to work
Global Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2018
1. Develop the ability to multitask by providing administrative support to students while coordinating various projects for staff members
2. Coordinate and communicate with prospective and admitted students regarding academic and student
life questions
Great Opportunity
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2018
Marquette is accommodating to student athletes pursuing nursing degree. This allowed the opportunity to instruct on a smaller scale than a typical clinical. It was a very valuable experience for all.
fast pace
Chef Manger2, Sodexo (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
I love working for Marquette it is always good when you have a chance to interact with students. I love teaching people how to bring the clients vision to pass
My Review Summary
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
I have no complaints I have worked for Marquette and it has helped me keep my family at home with a roof over our hear and food on the table. I have the opportunity to attend school with free tuition which supports me a lot I am able to teach my daughters how to work hard every day and to study in school it is a blessing.
Pros
growth and opprortunity
Cons
no cons
Happy, like in any work place some people are nice and some are not.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 7, 2018
To low of pay
Standards not the same for everyone. Not everyone follows their mission statement. To much time off without pay. No work no pay! If you work overtime you will not get paid for it.
Pros
Love working with students. I lesrn from them as well
Cons
Standards are not the same for everyone
solid
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 8, 2018
well established
lovely students
art and drama excellent
many programs on offer
strong international program that is growing
lots of new and older teachers goood mix
Good opprotunities for students
Exec.Board; President, Fade In: Film Society (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2018
Marquette allows for students to work and go to school with out the balance from being too overwhelming. The variety and work hours well suits a full time student.
Laid back
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2018
Management is great coworker are cool it like working with family. Room to advance within the company if interested in school you and your family can go for free up to a couple classes per semester.
Cura Personalis is put into action throughout the university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2018
Employees/Employers of Marquette truly abide by the values the university holds. For most of my time there, I genuinely felt cared about and like I mattered as an employee.
Great learning experience
Methods/Procedures (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
Marquette is a great place to learn and grow in your field. The staff is friendly and helpful and have your best interest in mind. I got a lot of hands on experience.
Outstanding
Physician Assistant Guest Faculty (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2018
Great being a guest speaker. Wonderful students who are attentive and ask questions. Learning opportunity for the speaker as well. Shape future practitioners.
Disappointing environment
Assisant Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2018
Nepotism and the good 'ole boy network is still very alive on the campus. The mission and Cura Personalis image that they advertise is definitely not how things are on campus. Very poor leadership and management of upper administration. Students are not listened to and decisions are made on biases rather than the good of the students and University as a whole.

Their promises of caring for the whole person is not displayed. Care is for those with connections and while they claim they are all about caring for non-traditional students, they are not and are just looking to tick the boxes, so to speak.
Pros
Retirement Benefits
Cons
Fair salary (unless in the inner circle) and no professional advancement
Excellent university
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeApril 2, 2018
Excellent university. It is amazing because it appreciates its students and recognizes their academic achievements.

I recommend Marquette University to undergraduate and graduate students
Laidback but Productive work environment with a great staff.
Milwaukee Police Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2018
Teaches great communication and leadership skills for interacting with all types of people and personalities. Its dependable work but also very compatible with each persons schedule outside of this job.
Marquette business ambassador
Business Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 17, 2018
In this position I write emails for the business school at Marquette, specifically for those students who have applied, but are undecided if they are going to attend the school.
If you're an adjunct in Milwaukee, try to get into Marquette!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2018
Unlike other area schools which treat you like a "dime a dozen" adjunct, Marquette treats you like an actual human. Great support and decent pay per section.