Marquis Companies Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, Never Boring! Very Rewarding
RCM (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 20, 2019
I have worked here for a total of 12 years. In any nursing position there are always challenges but there is always help to go with those challenges! I have recommended several people who have come to work here and still work here. They offer a CNA class as well and I have also had someone do the class who currently works here.
Pros
Excellent care provided to residents
Cons
The fast paced can be a pro and a con
June 24, 2019

Hi there, we loved reading your review! Thank you for over a decade of commitment to Marquis Companies; you are what makes this company great! Thanks again, and take care.

Review
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 13, 2019
Working for this company was a blessing. I was very pregnant while working here as a cna and everyone was nothing but help. I enjoyed my time while being here.
June 18, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave Marquis Companies a review! All the best in your future endeavors.

I wouldnt work here if you can avoid it. They are very money and profit focused
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 19, 2019
I work at the facility in forest grove and in all honesty most employees here have issues with management and the DNS. They constantly change the policies without informing staff, and then staff get in trouble for not following the new policies. Even if they were unaware of the new policy. Employee satisfaction is very low on their list. They are incredibly unorganized, wages are very low, and they will over work you if they get the chance. Apply with caution.
Pros
Cons
They cut corners. Don't pay well and the food is terrible.
May 29, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for Marquis. What you have described does not align with our company culture, and we will take this opportunity to improve. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com with your contact information so our administration may follow up. Thank you!

Rude staff and over worked
CNA Accute care (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 16, 2019
Rude staff , rude to fill in staff from. Staffing agencies, their tone of voice is snooty. Patience have to wait too long before lights are answered, nurses, sets and chit chats, and slow responce, to patient care, would never have my loved one, near Marquis.
May 17, 2019

Hi there, we take online reviews extremely seriously and would like to learn more about your time working for Marquis. If you are willing, please reach out to labouman@marquiscompanies.com so that we may follow up. Thanks!

Has it’s days
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 13, 2019
Ive had a few issues while working here. HR is extremely rude and tells you to come in with a fever and excused note from the doctor. And then wrote me up for not coming in. But my most recent problem is doing overtime on everyone of my days off and pay paychecks are getting smaller and smaller. I had worked and extra 30 hours and received a 300 pay decrease. When I asked payroll she said it was “normal” and a lot of people can’t read there paychecks. On this paycheck alone there are 6 other coworkers of mine that got shorted as well and didn’t receive any overtime.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Pay, management
May 14, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We take online reviews very seriously, and would like to learn more about the situation you've described in order to fix the issue. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com in order for our administration to follow up. Thank you!

Stressful place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2019
Facility was nice and new, residents well taken care of for the most part. Stressful work environment, heavy patient load and pressure from management to juggle everything plus get out on time. Lots of call outs with the expectation you would stay over and work even if you worked an overnight shift. Honestly felt like just a number working there, like I was disposable. Coworkers for the most park willing to help, but they had a high patient load too. If you like overtime and working yourself to death this is the place for you. You don’t get paid time off until you hit your 1 year. Works schedule is not great if you want a life outside of work. Our facility had a 4 on 2 off rotating schedule with a Saturday and Sunday off every 6 weeks. You had your lunch break taken out even if you didn’t actually take one. HR expected the nurses to find people to come in if there was a call out, as if we didn’t have enough to do already we had to do their job too.
Pros
Nice building, new employee training decent
Cons
Schedule, Pto, benefits costly
April 23, 2019

Hi there, thank you for leaving your thoughts here about working at Marquis. We take online reviews very seriously and would like to take the opportunity to improve based on what you have mentioned. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com with your contact information so that our administration can follow up. Thank you!

Marquis is the best!
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2019
I have worked over 20 years in care facilities and Marquis has been the best company I've encountered. From the treatment of the patients/residents to the treatment of the staff- regardless of what department they work in. I have grown tremendously with Marquis and will forever be grateful.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
April 8, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your kind words and for leaving Marquis a review! We are grateful for you and your continued dedication to Marquis! Take care.

Never get stable hours, no AC or vents in kitchen that work, and no team work values at all.
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 1, 2019
I have never had a set schedule, they change my schedule on me without saying anything to me, I can never make plans with family not knowing what my schedule is going to be. There is no bent in dish area and no AC in the kitchen. We figured out it was 140 degrees in the kitchen last summer, Impossible work conditions. My health matters to me.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Management is not professional
April 2, 2019

Hi there, thank you for raising these concerns. At Marquis, we take online reviews extremely seriously and would like to take this opportunity to improve. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com with your contact information so our administration can learn more. Thanks!

Absolutely horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 25, 2019
In the start, everyone was so nice, then on my first day alone it all started. I saw true colors of everyone. They play favorites, they have no respect for new employees at all. Got called in on my day off, and was told that I was scheduled, when I was not, and I was told it would be an unexcused absence if I did not come; they claim HR had texted me telling me to work, when that never occurred. It is all up to you, when it comes to dealing with residents that require two people, because no one will help. This place has destroyed my mental health, and made me hate working. Very sad to have worked so hard for this, only to hate it.
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
Hr, day nurse, no help.
March 28, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your review and for reaching out via email. I understand our administration has followed up with your concerns you outlined here, but please feel free to email me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com if there's anything else we can resolve. Take care.

False Advertisement
Staff Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2019
The job description is far from accurate. The patient panel is not small and no formal job training was given. Very poor management at the highest levels.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
March 22, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave Marquis Companies a review. We appreciate your transparent feedback and would like to take this opportunity to improve. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com so our administration can learn more. Thanks!

I enjoyed my time working at marquis companies
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 7, 2019
The coworkers were great and I hope full. The clients were more often than not very friendly and kind. We often had meetings For Employee appreciation as well as opportunity use to win prizes including vacations.
March 11, 2019

Hi there, we appreciate your review and your kind words! Best wishes in the future. Take care.

Average work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2019
My work experience there has been great for work hours. My experience with co-workers and the administration is not professional .........................................
January 30, 2019

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback for Marquis Companies. We would like to understand more about your review. If you are willing, please contact me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com so we can follow up with your concerns. Thank you!

Nice people to work with
Chef & Dietary Aide (weekend) Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 19, 2019
They were accommodating in allowing me to have hours work based around my husbands job who worked out of town at the time. I had decent bosses to work with and the staff overall was very friendly and helpful.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no time to sit and enjoy a meal
January 20, 2019

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback for Marquis! We appreciate your review and your time with us. Take care.

Good as your going to get - Don't expect a lot
COOK (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJanuary 17, 2019
Management refused to fire employees who needed it, meaning that ethical employees had to do their job and someone else's job. However, there are some great awesome people here, and many said that Marquis was the best corporate, and I think, sadly, that this maybe true.
January 20, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review Marquis Companies. We take online reviews extremely seriously, and would like to learn more about the situation you've described. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com so our administration can follow up with your comments. Thanks!

Not enough pay for all the work you do and management is terrible.
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
Management doesn’t listen to employee complaints or requests, unorganized, you have to do a lot of things that aren’t in the job description, don’t get paid enough for all the things you do. A lot of residents to one caregiver, no coverage, in your report if you put something a resident did to you or said that was inappropriate they don’t say or do anything about it.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not enough pay for all the work, a lot more
January 20, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Marquis. We are sorry to hear your time with us was not positive and would like to take this opportunity to improve. If you are willing, please reach out to me at labouman@marquiscompanies.com with your contact information so our administration can follow up to learn more. Thanks again.

Poor work environment, Head Administrator never works and throws other employees under the bus.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Silverton, ORNovember 9, 2018
One of the worse run facilities I have ever been to. Administrator does not work Monday's and does nothing but send emails and have countless pointless meetings. In my opinion, has been off more than works. Expects employees to follow and work hard and sets a poor example. No please or thank you. Constant lying to residents and special treatment for the "pet" residents only. They will tell you that the residents are the #1 concern but I promise you it is money. They will expect everyone to do everything exactly how they want, but very few do any work. There is a clique of 5 managers if your not involved and gossip after work about others you are a marked person. There is not one management person to be trusted. There is a ton of very, very questionable things that go on daily. I have never been somewhere in 30 years that had so many people take off so frequently. If it is owed PTO or not the building can not run that way, no leadership or absence of leadership in every department.
Pros
easy work with little expectations
Cons
Poor upper management that does not care about anything but themselve, building is set up for failure
November 16, 2018

Hello, we are so sorry to hear that these were your experiences at Marquis Silver Gardens. We take all of these situations very seriously and want to do what we can to help improve our facilities. If you are willing, please feel free to send your concerns to sroberts@marquiscompanies.com so that our administration may follow-up correctly. Thank you.

decent hours
Infusion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, WIOctober 21, 2018
a typical day of work at Marquis Yatchs included climbing into a hull and glueing fiberglass mat down into the bottom and sides of the hull. Depending on what kind of yacht you were building it wasn't so bad.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
bad management and short breaks
October 23, 2018

Hi there, there may be some confusion with our name which may have caused a mistaking of Marquis Companies for Marquis Yachts. To be redirected to their page, visit https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Marquis-Yachts/. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Terrible Management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 4, 2018
I worked nights and was regularly expected to cover day shift for the frequent no call no shows (that were never disciplined). I was often told that I was not allowed to leave work if day shift was short staffed. I had to quit because I needed to be home to send my children to school. It was a very stress free job otherwise, but also lower than average wage.
Pros
low expectations
Cons
no breaks for night shift
September 7, 2018

Hi there, we are sorry to hear your experience with us was not a positive one and that you ended up leaving us in such a manner. If you are willing, please feel free to send your concerns to sroberts@marquiscompanies.com so that our administration may follow up accordingly. Thank you.

Worst place to work would not recommend to my worst enemy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt taborAugust 27, 2018
staffing is terrible only staffed right when state is there . Pay is terrible. Patients are allowed any behavior w no talking to . CNAs always toblame
Pros
There is none exept it’s a job, some of the patients are sweet.
Cons
Over worked everyday and underpaid (goes by the facility census
August 29, 2018

Hi there, we are genuinely sorry to hear that your experience with Marquis Mt. Tabor was not a positive one. If you are willing, please feel free to send your concerns to sroberts@marquiscompanies.com so that our administration may follow up correctly. Thank you.

CNAs-Too much work with very little appritiation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2018
At first I really enjoyed my position as a CNA but the longer I work there the more unethical, unprofessional, dismissive behavior I see. I had an incident regarding another employee seeking retribution against me and upper management has done nothing about it. Never have I worked for a company where retribution is tolerated, but I guess Marquis does. The majority of the charge nurses are almost intolerable to work with. They are lazy, dismissive, all with power trip issues. At one point the charge nurse yelled at anyone who even sat down or where taking a 30 second drink break telling them that it was not allowed and proceeded to lock all of the chairs in the charting room when all the charge nurse does is look up anything on the internet that DOES NOT relate to her job or play games on her tablet. To make things worse upper management seems even more dismissive about wrongdoings, yet the CNAs are constantly getting scolded for the smallest mistakes. I put my heart and sole into my residents but never get any positive recognition
Pros
Fellow CNAs who are team players and the bonds with the amazing reresedentsidents
Cons
lazy and dismissive charge nurses and upper management, very LOW pay, horrible benefits
August 23, 2018

Hi there, from Marquis, we want you to know how much we value you, and all our CNA's, we are so sorry to hear your experience with us has not been a positive one. We cannot express how much we appreciate the work that you do and the passion you have for our residents. If you are willing, please feel free to send your concerns to sroberts@marquiscompanies.com so that our administration may follow up accordingly. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marquis Companies. Our community is ready to answer.