Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2017
How to be a team leader and you can grow in the companies as far you want and you can have a balance in your personal life very good company if you work there it is very stable company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid parking
fast paced enviroment
Doorman, concierge (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 18, 2017
i cant speak on behalf of all marriotts but the one i worked for didnt have room for more opportunities to grow, typical work day had the short staff overworked and under paid
productive workplace
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Indian Wells, CANovember 17, 2017
A day at the front desk consist of check people in and out, dealing with varies issues, credit card handling, paperwork, but most importantly and enjoyable; having conversations with our guests.
ok environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2017
some people there make it an hostile environment and its not flexible for people who are single parents or have sick children but it was ok. I wouldn't be able to work for this company again because the time and my family life don't mix together it was either or and I'm a single parent so my kids came first and I lost my job because of this.
Pros
food, break
Cons
clock in time to early
Great Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2017
Marriott is a great place to work. The associates I work with are like family. It has a fantastic culture which takes care of is associates and its customers.
Confused Direction--Lack of Solid Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2017
Company is undergoing a merger with another large Hotel chain and significant restructure, causing extreme stress to their current employees in the process. It doesn't seem to matter much about experience or skill rather than who you are friends with or who you know in order to ensure you have a stable position. Lack of communication between departments is the norm and causes major issues as a result.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Health insurance is outrageously priced, Senior Leadership is poor
my day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2017
Managing through emails, associates, and guest. I began my day by spending 30 minutes in each department (unless business called for more). I was there mostly for the associates during that time. However I also took advantage to talk to guest during that time too. I generally spent the first three-four hours of my day out in the hotel before heading to the office (unless a meeting/conference call, or an issue from over night need attention first).
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Lots of learning experiences
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 13, 2017
The company provides you with so many options to advance your career. I enjoy working for this community with a supportive management team who encourages us to follow our dreams
Pros
Fast-paced work environment, open-minded
Cons
Long hours, mostly weekends and nights
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 11, 2017
I would like to thank the people that gave me the opportunity to evolve in this Company. I really enjoyed myself working for Marriott, and I would do it again. Thank you.
Pros
Good Staff
Amazing
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2017
You learn so much working at a place like this and your treated like a human unlike most jobs they feed you very well pay is excellent management will work with you
Muy bien
10 años de expresiva (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 9, 2017
Fue muy bien trabajar muchos años para ellos me sentí muy confortable ai me gustaba mucho lo q Asia
Pros
Si
Cons
Si
ok place
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
a lot of cut throat acts with employees. management is good but the servers run the place. some nice staff but a lot of people try to make each other look bad
excellent place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2017
lot of information to learn very fast paced. Customer oriented and caring of all needs as guests check-in. Food is outstanding and unique and definitley know the meaning of fine dining
Pros
always learning and growing
Cons
high stress hours
Working here is everything
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
Everybody is responsible respectful encouraging and very friendly working here was an amazing experience for me management was very good open door policy as well
Productive.
Barista/Cashier/Saleswoman/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
I worked with lovely people: all my co-workers and some managers, but never I felt they recognized my skills. And some of manager two of them gave me hard time and it was enough for me to loose my job. Lies and very unfairs situations until at the last moment I was working in Marriott.
Great job but management needs some work
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Great job for the everyday person, could barley get days off but pay was good and discounts were great if you travel with friends or family. Work environment is very professional and relaxed.
Pros
Great discounts and work environment
Cons
Management could use some help
It is the best company to work for.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2017
Great work environment.
Opportunity to learn and grow.
It is one of the largest hospitality brand.
The goal of the company is customer satisfaction.
Colleagues are helpful and encouraging.
Great Place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 7, 2017
Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.
Pros
Hotels all over
Cons
Can be slow and boring
Full Of Culture
Food Runner/ Bar back/ Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
I love meeting new co workers from different countries........................Meeting guests from different places is exciting too especially when the guest are frequent stayers. This company cares a lot for their employees.
Customer Friendly
Golf Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 5, 2017
In my current role, customer service is a priority. Unfortunately there is no position upward that would be available to myself. Despite the company having fantastic culture, there is no room to move upward which has prompted me to look for other opportunities outside the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Pay is determoned by position, not output.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.