Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2018
It was a good place to work very fast passed, would take around 100 phone calls a day making reservation for guest. would help out with program that I know about.
Pros
lots of perks
Okayish Workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 20, 2018
Working at the front desk of a Marriott has provided me with experiences in customer service much different than UDF. I was able to have more one-on-one conversations with customers and engage with them in ways that UDF didn't provide. I believe this would relate into serving with being one-on-one with each table.
I checked guest in, restocked the front, assured quality and satisfaction with each guest, assisted with weekly spread sheets, assisted with morning breakfast set up all along with various other task.
Lovely Hotel with many different types of guest rooms
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 19, 2018
In winter, when tourism slows down, available work hours drop because there are so few people staying at the hotel. April through September is a huge challenge for Housekeepers because the hotel sells out on a regular basis. It's a big challenge to clean 90+ guest rooms between 11:00 a.m.(check out) and 3:00 p.m.(check in).
Customer Service
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 19, 2018
Marriott has been by far the best company I have worked for. They listen and appreciate their employees. Only bad thing i have to say is compensation. Work on that and I would have never left.
front desk agent
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMay 19, 2018
I loved working here it allowed me to excel on my computer and typing skills. I also learned a lot such as multi tasking because sometimes youre on the floor alone and you have to answer phone calls, make reservations and check in/out guests and learn how to manage it. It was a good opportunity and experience.
Nice place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXMay 19, 2018
I loved working at Marriott but didn’t like the flexible Schedule or no pay for over time. It was an easy looking forward job to do. The guest were great to talk to and hear about their travels.
Pros
Paced, co workers, & guest
Cons
Lunch break, no over time
Fast paced and rewarding
Hotel Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 18, 2018
I have never worked so hard and had so much fun at doing it. Marriott has changed over my tenure, but I had a great career with relocations to 8 states.
Fairfield inn and suites
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 18, 2018
Nice to work just needed more hours on off season. It was busy around summer spring etc. Benefits were very high and expensive. Good workers that worked as a. Team. In it
Pros
Clean hotel
Cons
Need more hours to stay busy
Isues
CULINARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2018
So many issues in the hotel. People don't respect each others. The administrative team they do what they want and they don't take care of the employees.
fastpaced work environment with team collaboration
Telephone Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
The Marriott is a melting pot of different ethnicities and cultures that all work together to reach the same goal, and that is to improve staff service overall to create a warm inviting experience for the guest and loyal SPG and Marriott members.
Hospitality Manager
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2018
hospitality managers run the day-to-day operations of a restaurant or hotel, including overseeing personnel, ensuring that the facilities are properly maintained, taking steps to ensure customer satisfaction and overseeing the upkeep of administrative and financial records.
work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 18, 2018
The training sucked at the Sheraton tysons. Management was terrible. There was alot of turn around. The management never came to you if they had a concern. The falsely accuse you. I recommend you look else where for a hotel job.
Pros
Cons
management and lack of training
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2018
They help u out ur employees n ur management is great . they gave u party's to help movative u to keep going N doing a good job . they know how life is
Daily Mundane
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2018
Although I met many people with various personalities, I would not work for this establishment again. At the time it was franchised owned. The corporate did little to take care of their employees. Work became mundane. There was no room to grow and tasks were limited. I felt I had so much more to offer
Fun work place, benefits are awesomw
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 17, 2018
Job friendly, always room for advancement , tips are not required, business is heavy doing the summer months, and holidays, slow months are September thru November
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Short breaks
Marriott has amazing benefits
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
Marriott International company has great benefits for all employers. We have great time at work. Everybody are friendly. Management is really professional.
staff accoutant
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
I would review and reconcile accounts. Upload taxes etc.

Management needs training as well as associates

most difficult part of the job was the communication passed through departments.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Great work environment
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 17, 2018
The hotel industry is a great but when you work for the largest hotel industry in the world. Makes it so much better for growth if I ever choose to go back they will be the to work for.
Faced paced
Guest Services Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 17, 2018
This was my first experience working for the company. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was so intrigued on how the company prides itself in the individual satisfaction of guests. I started as a housekeeper and with hard work in a little over 7 months I was given the opportunity to grow and become a Call Center agent.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None that I cna think of
Very compensative with employees
Front of the House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 17, 2018
Marriott is an excellent company. They are always motivating their employees and striving for excellence. Management is well picked and makes the job easier and more fun.
Pros
Free lunch and many other benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K
44.7K
32.5K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.