Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. insights

Based on 4,489 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

work balance is bad

no flexible hours, no work balance. When you start you have to work weekends, schedule is very tough specially if you commute. the job is very demanding, you deal with very over privileged people.

Great company with good benefits

Loved working for marriott. Great company with great benefits. Also a large company with plenty of options for growing your career. Good perks for full time employees

Pros

Pto, room discounts

Cons

Slow seasons

Fun place to work

Great place to work and the benefits were top notch. The management was supportive to a degree but the culture shifted when the software used was switched. It’s a great spot to work to get your foot in the door or to advance out to another company for the customer service experience

Pros

Travel discounts

Cons

Had to bud for scheduling and it was based on seniority

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. I worked there for 2 years and enjoyed going to work every day. Overall great company to work for. Great management!!!!!

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

The people

The people I worked with were great! Everyone enjoyed their jobs, for the most part. It was nice to be around people who wanted to be there. The guests were great! On occasions the were guests that needed extra attention, but eventually we had every guest that came to the activity center enjoying themselves and smiling.

Pros

Cookouts, friendly coworkers, friendly guests, got to enjoy the activities with the guests

Cons

Unpaid maternity leave (this was 7 years ago).

Toxic Managers

The managers at this hotel are a good ol boy club that is only concerned with each other’s interests and not accepting of criticism to help make a better work place.The hotel has a union but it is ineffective in protecting employees from abuses from department managers like being talked down to, performing more job duties outside what they were hired for and quick to write up employee for every little thing. The employee that brown noses the most is rewarded.

Pros

Pay, hotel discount

Cons

Cafeteria food makes you sick, poor dept managers, no free parking

productive

love it I had a good time at the call center. Pay is decent for the work you do. If you’re taking HR calls, it can get kind of stressful, but overall easy. I loved the office I was in before they went remote

I truly enjoyed working for this company!

Great company to work for as they very fair and ethical. Company offers fantastic training and opportunity for promotion. Senior leadership on property is very supportive.

Pros

Great benefits such as health insurance, 401K, Long term and short term disablity, travel discounts

Co workers made the job worth while.

Good tips especially if you worked second shift and had room calls. Recreation department was always fast paced especially if ball teams were there.the only con is weekends were very hard to get time off.

Pros

Good chance of overtime if you want it.

Cons

Black out dates made it hard to get vacatiin days

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Overall not a bad company and great benefits

Great opportunity to grow within the company. And pay is reasonable for the job you'll be doing. Great options all over the world to choose where to work which is a plus. I can say marriott is a good company to work for.

exciting but challanging

In general it is a nice job. however, could have more support for managers. Also pay and bonuses should be higher. Management is decent but could be more motivating and focused

Pros

good hours

Cons

short breaks

Great money and people. Long hours and little time off.

It was a fun and exciting place to work but be prepared to have little time to do much of anything else in your day to day life outside of here. You will make great money.

I called out cause I was sick it's a nice job

I loved my. job they went behind my back and tried to say I quit and didn't so I decided to Quit. it's a wonderful job for anyone just make sure you do what you suppose to do

Pros

bring your lunch /sometimes

Cons

short breaks

Secure Job, great paid and benefits!

Mostly everyone is friendly here. They have great benefits, secure job. Free lunch, vacation, 401k, health insurance. Supervisor or manager seem like they’re dealing with machines instead of people!

Pros

Free lunch, secure job, friendly environment

Cons

Most supervisor are abusive

Great Team to work with

ONly 10 an hour to work the front desk and get stressed out of your mind! Short staffed 14 hours shifts will make you crazy and put you in the hospital. ALL they were worried about is are you coming to work?? They could have cared less if I spent time in Urgent Care and very sick.

Pros

Free Dinners

Cons

SHort Staffed and they dont care about their staff

Productive and wonderfull place

Marriott international is the best place to work🥁wonderfull environnement😍 I'll recommende it to all nice people🙏 I worked for this firm at key bridge and I wish to apply and to be accepted again🎈I'll be happy to get there.

Pros

Education in Tourism.

Cons

More training and tour in all department

Quick opportunities for advancement, but low starting pay

The nice thing about working for Marriott are the perks- you can stay at any Marriott property for huge discounts, and stay at your hotel on days where weather is inclement and it might be dangerous to drive home. However, starting rate was very low and non-competitive for the front desk position, and there is not a lot of supervision, so you're on your own if something goes wrong or a guest has an issue you can't solve.My upper management was good, and I did advance quickly in the company. Hospitality has a lot of quick turnover, so jobs open up frequently and if you have a good relationship with your supervisor it's easy to move up.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Low pay, poor healthcare options

Now with COVID, it's very hard to get in as the hospitality/travel have nosedived and i was let go after 22 years.

I loved working for Marriott, if it weren't for COVID, I think I would still be working there. I almost made the quarter century club-just 3 more years.

Pros

Cons

Can not think of any!

fun

goods work environment nice people good pay lots of unnecessary though management cant get you when you least expect it and bite you in the butt big time. nice people

I was employed with this Co until 1996

I don't believe that anything I post now would be relevant. But, if so...the pay was too low and over time was not fair. The medical benefits were very good.

Pros

Added to my job skills

Cons

Pay

10.3K

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Marriott International, Inc. with

• Marriott International, Inc.