Marriott International, Inc.
76Above average

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA1 review
Found 1 review matching the search with 19 related reviews.
As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones.

During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation.

My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other.

The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call.

In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time.

If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.
Pros
Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance
Cons
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.