Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 12,680 reviews matching the search See all 16,642 reviews
Some relaxed days, some busy days
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 20, 2018
Working the graveyard shift is mostly working on side work while at the same time you have to pay attention to the guests. Some nights you wont see anybody and other nights you will get 10+ guests needing something.
Learning place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 19, 2018
I was placed as an intern in this property, and the workforce was very helping with everything. Had good opportunity to have exposure to all the department of the hotel and even got a chance to see the Audit taking place and was part of it.
Productive workplace with the opprutunity to grow.
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
The Marriott company treats you like family & works with you in the best way possible. They assist you in getting the job done & we work as a team to make the company progress as a unit.
hotel guests are the stupidest people
Activities and Sun Shop Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 18, 2018
It's mind blowing the stuff guests will nit pick about most of the time to get free nights or for you to pity them enough to get them from free amenities but if you can get past the high maintenance guests during the summer, you are pretty much paid to goof around during the winter season.

Hours are great and are never cut you are guaranteed you 40 hours and during slow days its your choice to leave early. Includes benefits and management will always work with your schedules for school or secondary jobs.

Great place to work, but beware summer heat and mean guests!
Pros
flexible hours, time for school, benefits, you get your hours!
Cons
guests are terrible at times, work holidays, work outside during summer
It was a very fun place to at Dilido Bar, by the board walk.
Bartender, Banquet & Floor Server (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
The Ritz Carlton on south beach it was a great place to work, we had such a great team, specific the team work between the servers and the bartenders.
Pros
Free meals during the shift
Cons
Also hard to park in that area.
Nice people to work with
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2018
Good pay for the few hours I work I would definitely recommend getting a second job if you work part time. Managers are nice and the company has its perks
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Not many hours
Competitive work environment
Director of Housekeeping & Laundry Services (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work, very competitive but you have the ability to move up. Union environment but as long as you are following the agreement, you will not have any issues.
Pros
flexibility
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Sheraton Hotel. My coworkers were great and the management team was very helpful and polite.The guest were also very nice and happy.
A Poor Experience Due to a Franchised Location
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 17, 2018
Working at this specific location wears a person down. There is no predictable work schedule due to high staff turn over. It is not uncommon to not know when your next day off will be once you begin your work week. The particular location I'm referencing is a franchised facility, meaning that it's owned by a local family and operated under the Marriott License. The owners refuse to invest the needed resources in order to keep the building up to Marriott standards (i.e. replacing faulty equipment, hiring skilled contractors to perform structural repairs) and it is reflected in the guests' reviews and complaints. It places unfair pressure on the hotel staff who are often subject to the guests' anger and disappointment. While the General Manager makes the most of what slim resources are available, it is blatantly clear that this workplace leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Job security
Cons
General indifference of the owners/management
Friendly, Helpful few problems
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAJuly 17, 2018
Management kept a culture of hard work and friendliness. An overall welcoming atmosphere made it a joy to go to work. Sometimes there where interdepartmental problems that would persist and be sluggish to resolve. Most of the managers where helpful in solving these problems. The hours are irregular, my scheduled time can range anywhere from 9am to 3pm. Hard to maintain personal schedule. The amount of work to do varies day to day, sometimes there is so much to do that I don't leave until 1 in the morning, other times I sit around for hours with nothing to do. The work is simple, not very engaging. I learned much in the time I was there about how to interact with different guests.
Pros
Experience, friendly people, good food
Cons
Irregular hours, humid summer heat, Hard to maintain personal schedule
Moral low at times.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced . Day consisted of cleaning rooms .every room had to be perfect in 30 min. the hardest part of the job was knowing you cant make mistakes when it comes to dealing with the public. Seeing happy faces is most enjoyable.
love this place
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 17, 2018
I enjoy working night shift. my hours are great and my peers. benefits are amazing and the pay. management is fair and we all communicate well with each other
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJuly 16, 2018
Beautiful place to work with a ocean view, excellent training for employees.good benefits and discount in hotel rooms.one of the best customer service.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Corporate driven work environment
Operations Manager/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 16, 2018
Marriott is very strict on following a blueprint which has been a proven to work based on the revenue and number of properties which they have under their name.
Pros
Great experience and exposure
Cons
Very corporate
Faifield inn &suites
Roomattendent (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 16, 2018
Best experience of life. The Co-workers are so kind & we always have fun their . They take care of us so well . They teach us do many things. When you do something out of your comfort zone and the experience make you realize how hard is doing work rather than pointing or saying something to other.
I miss our manager . Co worker everyone hope to see them again
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, good atmospherr
Cons
Great working from home but culture has changed.
Platinum Premier Services - Alpha (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
Working for Marriott in the beginning was a joy. Great benefits and a really good scheduling system too, which allowed for a good work/life balance. Once they acquired Starwood, the company culture and policies shifted to the standard corporate cubicle culture. A lot of benefits and perks disappeared and then scheduling became rigid too. Most of all was the change in management technique; in the beginning it was a fair method with QA reviews and then positive and negative feedback were given with guidance on how to improve, if needed. Now it is solely focused on the negative. There is no positive feedback offered on QA, just a checkbox to let you know you either met the standard or a paragraph about anything you did wrong. I was a top performer in both sales and customer service but near the end, when I was in the top 10 agents nationwide, no one even noticed. It was disappointing. You can make a paycheck here but you will not be given the incentive to thrive.
Pros
Stable company with decent benefits and the opportunity to work from home
Cons
Poor management style and no employee recognition
Good For a First Job
ACTIVITY COORDINATER / DAYCARE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed it. Nothing really stood out as really good or really bad. I enjoyed meeting the hotel patrons and the staff were always really kind to each other, even if we were in different departments.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Dealing with Rude People
RC Credo
Spa Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2018
The Ritz-Carlton is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission.

We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience.

The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instills well-being, and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low salary
Divertido
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2018
Agradable campo de trabajo un equipo de trabajo muy favorable
Okay place to be.
Lead Houseman (Current Employee) –  56 S. Old Baltimore PikeJuly 16, 2018
I have been there for 3 years+. It is definitely a revolving door. Management is great. I would recommend as a temporary job or a permanent career. One perk is discounts on Hotels under Starwood and Marriott brand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K
44.9K
32.6K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight