Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 13,821 reviews matching the search See all 18,237 reviews
Ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2019
It was an okay place to work. Management was kind of all over the place and no room for advancement. Raises were terrible and I felt really unappreciated. Also my schedule was real all over the place and when addressed they didn't Care about my concerns.
Nice place to work
Complex Executive Meeting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2019
The people there always had your back. The only downfall was the work life balance. If it was busy, you are not going home. If it was slow, don't expect going to work unless it was training.
New experience and co-workers from different places.
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 19, 2019
It was great before surgery. After I had surgery there was no communication between the Gm my manager and myself.i had to continue calling until I had to call the regional office.
Good over all no complaints I wold recommend it
OUTBOUND & INBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2019
This place is a good place to work and make money but sometimes the calls are not the best. Prepare to be micromanaged like you've never been micromanaged before. I would recommend it.
Pros
good clientele
Cons
micromanage
Excellent company for a successful career
Hotel Recruiter and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2019
I loved working for the hotels. It offers all employees a chance to advance with training and continued support. You are not limited to work in only one location. You are able to continue with the company at different areas with a company transfer. Excellent.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Productive with fun activities to do on you're lunch breaks (Including a ping pong table)
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 19, 2019
It was a good experience for my first job and won't forget how the Marriott supports you and helps when ever you ask or talk to someone in HR. Recommend this as they do not also worry on race,age, religion as everyone there is equal.
This was just a first job for me.
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 19, 2019
The overall experience working at this hotel was a mixed bag.This review doesn't amount to much. Nothing but a first job that I stayed way too long in.
Fun loving team
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 19, 2019
Is a fun loving team work environment. Everyone works to to make all the event come together. The customer pays for a service and we deliver with a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, discount rooms, meeting new people
Cons
It was fun but stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2019
It was okay the managers was great but some of the co workers was not easy to get along with but overall enjoyed working there. I liked the fast paced work. I also liked that some of the co workers helped you with the rooms it really was team work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing place with great employees
Parking Attendant - AC Hotel (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 18, 2019
Amazing. I met a lot of people through this company and I love greeting people and making them feel at home. I loved that I got to drive different cars and there wasn't really anything bad about the job.
Great foundation
Various Positions in succession and progression (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2019
Great foundation for my hospitality career. Lots of support and training from mentors and persons who truly care about the individual and really want to make a difference.
Great job and place to work
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2019
Awesome team, very good place to work! Executive committee was amazing to work with. Very open to suggestions and wasn’t micro-managed. Enjoyed meeting with new guests daily, as well as learning to keep bees.
Pros
75% discount off menu for food. Great benefits
Love
Moonlight TC (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 18, 2019
I love marriot international great place. There many different places to go and work. So much growth that is available. Great people great benefits great discount. Bring the starting wage up in my general area at least
Honest Work Decent Pay
Banquets Server (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 17, 2019
Hospitality work is always hard work for decent pay. If Hospitality work is something you are in for this is a great place to work. There is a tight knit family atmosphere and the work is honest. Advancement is available to those who want it
the entire building is under renovation
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2019
as a executive banquet chef most of the time i do all the cooking and prepping with the help of one line chef, nothing much to learned there is no room for advancement
Houseman
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 17, 2019
It was a great job I really enjoyed it wish I could return but I had to relocate I made sure all my work was filled up done and also clean and fresh!!
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
Short breaks
fun workplace
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  coloradoJune 17, 2019
fun workplace they trained me well and have a good management I learned a lot in culinary department they trained me in pantry, banquet, omelette station, line and even in staff dining
Pros
employee discount, free meal
Cons
busy always
Just don’t work in the Housekeeping Department
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 17, 2019
I will say this, this company in it self is amazing and I would recommend anyone to work there.......just not in the housekeeping department.
The management team in housekeeping are so unorganized and they are willing to put the blame on your for their lack of organization. I walked into this job with no housekeeping experience and when I was suppose to be trained, I was told to take photos on my phone of a finished room. Not to mention, once I was begging to be trained, instead of having someone train me, I got written up for poor work. I came to work and did my best despite not once getting trained.
I do know other people who currently work here under a different department and wouldn’t dream of leaving, so I know they are an excellent company to work for, but don’t work for the housekeeping department.
Pros
Great pay, Great Benefits, Great Environment
Cons
Housekeeping Management
Fun
Mantenance (Current Employee) –  HuntsvilleJune 17, 2019
Nice place to work and at first I had no experience in the work then after bout a month or so I learned how to do things on my own great benefits and full time
Productive and fun place to work
On-call Banquet Waiter (Former Employee) –  Manila Marriott HotelJune 17, 2019
Make every day a productive day. Each employee has a different personality, the nice and the not so nice but at the end of the day you're there to do your job, learn more about f&b service, gain experience and for you to earn your salary. So be happy and nice to everyone! 😁

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K
45.4K
32.9K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight