Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 12,278 reviews matching the search See all 16,270 reviews
A branded family
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
I worked a couple night audit shifts as well as a couple PM shifts at a wonderful, unique, historical propoerty in the downtown area. Even tho it ended so abruptly and not in any way I could have thought of due to outside circumstances, the management company along with the brand standard of Residence Inn/Marriott, it was not just a job. To me it was not just something I had to do, it was walking in to a family. Whether it be fellow co-workers or even guests, I felt proud to be there and offer my ethics and knowedge yet eagerness to learn. The work was thorough and routine; no surprises from upper management or even upper management not hovering over ones shoulder. It's a great feeling when one can find employment at a business where one feels of wortt, trusted, and valued.
Pros
Fast-paced, security, self-worth, positivity spread everywhere
Driven by the need for perfect customer experience.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXAugust 15, 2018
As an accounting specialist at the hotel, I had little contact with hotel guests and I always believed that my customers were the department managers and salespersons from the suppliers. this was my first hotel and I was able to see how great team building improved the customer experience.
The management provided a lot of diversions from the day to day work, from Halloween costume parties to holiday parties, there was always something going on for the employees including but not limited to the culinary department providing a wonderful lunch line, although not free, it was a great value. It was always difficult to limit my lunch experience.
The Ranaissance Hotels is an excellent place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
This company is the best company I have worked for yet and the only reason I would leave is because I live far away and had to relocate. Working here is not only beneficial for an employee but overall company aspects such as growing professionally and learning a little of every single department and position.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
ok
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2018
could have better people at the top of the chain but other than that, i like the hours, money, benefits, etc. really good for somebody who doesnt like change.
bien
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
Es un trabajo sumamente fuerte pero donde se aprende
Excellent
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2018
Excellent Career with Marriott and a Wonderful Manager. I love my growth within the company. I will continue to grow through out the hospitality business in my career.
Diverse environment with a wide array of cultures
Broward County, FL (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2018
The opportunities are endless with Marriott, There are numerous job availabilities and many positions that are willing to train. It creates the perfect environment for employee growth.
Pros
Great company with excellent employee retention and wonderful beniefts
Great company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Marriott itself is an amazing place to begin. Internal advancement so long as you are willing to put in the work and employee appreciation. The managers are willing to listen to their workers and communication between departments is outstanding.
Pros
free lunches on occasions, discounts on market items and rooms.
Very long hours
Cocktail Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAAugust 13, 2018
Working here was great because of the pay, but the long hours did not work for me since I was also still attending college full time. Shifts are usually from 2pm-2am but that did vary since it was a volume bar, so if we weren't busy, we would close early. If you are looking for full time and don't mind the long hours, the pay is very good, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you are attending school as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
a great place to learn and grow
SERVER CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 13, 2018
a great place to learn and grow, high standards, great benefits, great pay, plenty of discounts and employee activities , ability to seek paid education.
Not a fun place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97232August 13, 2018
Not Enough training, terrible work experience, management was not great. Company had favorites. Not much of a personal life, was all about work, Not enough pay for the amount of work that was given.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Cool place
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
It’s a new journey for me I’ve only been here a little bit over a year i can say that I’ve came across some interesting people great learning experience with how to manage a hotel
Pros
Break
Cons
Food
Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 13, 2018
Responsibilities included creating marketing plan to promote business, maintain revenue, and meet budgeted productivity. Act as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful event resulting in repeat business. Protect present business and develop new business. Assisting in the development of banquet menus to include special event packages while adhering to best practices for maintain an adequate food cost percentage. Assess and review Catering Department weekly events sheets and banquet event orders. Develop sales plans to drive revenue in all food and beverage outlets of the hotel. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests. Participation in trade shows and sales blitzes to increase community presence and secure new business leads.
Pros
Great Associates
Making the best
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
Being an employee for over 7 years with Marriott/Sage. Has had its perks up and downs There is constant change which is normal. But when it comes to management here at my property, it has come very political and hard for advancement. But you take the good with the bad and make the best of what you have!
Pros
Discounts are a very nice perk
Cons
management/political
Great company to work for.
Cook II- Main Kitchen (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 12, 2018
I really enjoyed the 10 years I spent working for this company. I was laid off by the company due to hurricane Irma and Maria but now I am looking to get hired again.
Director of Banquets (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2018
great place to work, everyone worked together to take care of the client. Learnt new ideas and ways of taking care of guest. Great location in the city of Houston.
good place to work
TABLE GAMES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
Overall it was a good place to work and a good company to work for. The benefits could be better, but if you invest your all into the company the benefits will be good.
Muy bueno aquipo. de yrabajo
Line Cook and Prep Cook &banqurte (Former Employee) –  Avon, COAugust 11, 2018
Se aprende y aprendes mucho de casa uno delos chefs que trabajas y tambien acumulas muchas clases diferentes de camidas de diferntes paises el cual te hase un cocinero con mucha experiencia,tambien e'trabajado en diferente estados de este' pais y espero seguir aprendiendo mas
Cons
Bueno
productive and fun envorirnment
Reservation specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Starwood Hotels and Resorts for the year I was there. I received great benefits and loved the management staff. I would definitely recommend
Pros
insentives
Cons
strict point systems
Stressful
Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2018
Stressful and not a seniority rules company which Is why I'm currently looking for other employment opportunities elsewhere...I would like a job that focuses on ability to preform the task at hand.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Questionable advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.6K
44.8K
32.5K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight