Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 14,151 reviews matching the search See all 18,947 reviews
Lots of Upward Mobility If you Can Stick It Out
Global Operations Management Intern (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCSeptember 24, 2018
Really fascinating place to work. The company is going through a lot of very impactful changes right now while it merges the loyalty system with SPG and tries to pivot its business model.
Very nice hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 24, 2018
the hotel is very nice well put together hotel the staff and the costumers are amazing. They make you feel very welcomed. the pay is very reasonable but could be a lil but higher
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Productive, and fun place to work
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2018
There are busy times, and slow times. Management wise i have learned how to deal with the associates i work with and have learned how to do a schedule, write ups etc.
fun place to work.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2018
it is a good place to work. advancement is available. Most of the management is very hands on. work and life balance is a challenge because of how busy it gets.
Es el mejor empleo que he tenido
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
El personal de trabajo son como familia colavoradores y muy eficientes como trabajadores ayudando a los huesped
productive and educational experience
Bldg. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2018
w,e were given a crash course on plumbing ,electrical ,carpentry ,A/C and pool maintenance.Paid on the job training.familiarize with all equipments and tools of the hotel .check every rooms for things needed to complete before the opening.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner if you had overtime
Cons
cant think of any
Could be better
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 23, 2018
I like the job. It's really easy and simple. All you have to do is check people in and deal with the occasional complaint. Paperwork is not too daunting. The management could be better as they are a bit disorganized and don't know much about anything besides scheduling and refer most questions to HR. The discount is great and perhaps the best thing about being there. It would be awesome if the pay was a bit more substantial.
Pros
international discount
Cons
low wage
Great opportunity!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Great job opportunity. Able to work with different office systems and data entry. Fun and exciting. Able to network through the company. Excellent benefits, however very poor job advancement.
Great well-rounded experience
Event Planning & Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2018
A typical day at work in the field I work in is never the same. I can never expect what my day will look like, but that is one of the things I like about the job. It truly never gets boring. I have learned a multitude of leadership and discipline-related skills. I have very little resources, so I have been forced into learning roles I don't necessarily posses the job title for. The hardest part of the job is the work-life balance. Because I am stretched so thin, I have to compromise a lot of my time in order to excel in my role. It is hard when my commute totals at least 2.5 hours per day plus a 10-12 hour work day. By the time I come home, it's time to start all over again. I do enjoy the exorbitant amount of experience and knowledge I have gained. I know that I can go anywhere and do anything I set my mind to after working here.
Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 22, 2018
This job is very organized , I love it. They have everything in place in order for you o complete your job on time. They have great food.The maintenance is very well taken care of.
Good job
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78754September 22, 2018
It might take a while to adjust, but its like that at any job. At least from my location are very kind people who only want you to succeed. Listen to the coaching and feedback. Don't feed into drama. Keep your head down and into your work. and you will do great.
Guest Service
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 22, 2018
check in and check out guests. Set up wake up calls. Give directions to local attractions. Print parking passes. Help with bell stand and concierge service.
Pros
fun environment, opportunities for advancement
Cons
pay, hard to get vacation approved
Need to be really flexible with your time.
Reservations (Current Employee) –  Dorado Beach, PRSeptember 22, 2018
There is no work/life balance, be prepare to work over 50+ hours a week. There is a lot of turnover. In my experience, the executive team is not supportive of their employees. Marriott as a company is great, but the people make it hard to be committed to it.
Great Place to work
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HISeptember 22, 2018
Great job with awesome pay. Free lunch in A/C on breaks and during shift. It was a great job wish I stuck it out. Spa management is unbelievable. We were short one masseuse one day and head manager changed clothes and picked up the slake. Great environment with great people.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 22, 2018
When I was an housekeeper there, I enjoy what I did their; I like that fact that when I did a stay over and the guests comes back to their room; enjoy how clean their rooms were.
productive place to work.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
working at the jw Marriott can be stressful because some of the employees have disabilities that make it hard to work with them.
most of the employees in my department are women that can't push tables and always need help in various ways.
Trying to get help from management with advance your career has been very difficult.

The hardest part of the job is trying to carry other employees that don't work as hard.
Pros
very good benifits pay.
Cons
Lack of oppuntunity to advance.
Most employees are students.
In Room Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 22, 2018
Most of the employees are students and the pay was low unless you were either a manager or working for tips. Most managers only stay for 2-3 years before moving up in position at another location so things never really stabilize.
GREAT place to work for....
Server/Bartender/Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 21, 2018
LOVED working for Marriott Hotels. In late 2015 when my husband had passed the entire staff covered for my time off in my time of need. Management was excellent, however we did seem to go through more managers than staff.
Was an excellent company to work for
Reservation Sales and Service Agent, Omaha (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2018
Before the merger with another major hotel chain, my company was an excellent company. It treated employees well. The local managers were and still are very good.
After the merger with the other hotel chain, the new company is not the same.
Pros
Good managers, great benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons
Many changes after the merger
fun
Cook/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 21, 2018
really loved this job really enjoyed the company i would definitely reconsider going to re apply for another job. Managment was very professional really good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K
45.6K
33K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss