Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Marriott Franchise Worker
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2018
Each hotel is different and company culture can really effect the middle management of an organization. There were many different departments that were managed differently but needed to work together. The fast paced atmosphere is a contributor for a lot of communication failure. The company name and benefits are still a selling point and I would work for the company again.
Property has on site cafeteria
POOL SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2018
Competive environment with potential growth. Lots of areas to train in such as front of house, restaurant and housekeeping. Very large resort and multiple brands to evolve in.
Good work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAApril 18, 2018
Everyone works together as a team to provide excellent customer service. Management is great always there. Good environment. Benefits are not that great but overall great company.
Pros
Team players
Productive and fun place to work
DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING / EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDApril 18, 2018
Team work was a top priority. Everyone worked very hard but at the same time were rewarded for their hard work.
Due to the size of the company there was always an opportunity for advantage on your career. Training and mentor ship was a top priority.
Pros
Good Enviroment
Typical Day
Food and Beverage Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
I spent a lot of time working directly with the Food and Beverage manager on a lot of different projects giving me a lot of exposure to new issues and how to deal with them within the industry.
Pros
Collaborative Effort
Cons
Short Breaks
Customer Service / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company, and I would go back. The pay was decent, every time you move up a tier you get a raise. You get discounts on hotel rooms for you, family and friends. The training was great, it's a month long and you get paid.
It Could be better.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 17, 2018
I felt like I should not have known some of the things I do know about supervisor personal relationships at work. There was no togetherness. Once training is over you are on your own, and hard to find a seat since you do not have a set desk. Some supervisors really cared about their employees, but there were a few who just did not care. Also how are you going to try and trick me into a promotion to work a bad shift that is not good for a person with kids. I get it we are open late, but if anyone is working 5- 2:30 AM should get a dollar more just because it takes away from family.
Pros
Discounts on rooms when tavel
Cons
You are on your own after training like an accountant.
fast paced room service
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 16, 2018
must be able to balance life and home life while working. must be able to work at a fast pace with small mistakes, must be able to show progression inside the company with-in a week.
Sheraton is a fun place to work
Executive housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 16, 2018
I enjoy working for the Sheraton hotel,it's a great friendly place to work,i really enjoy the team and front desk and sales are really good,i would recommend anyone to work here,you will learn alot and everyone's treats you like family,hard working environment.
Pros
Free lunches, great discounts
Cons
Bad health insurance
good place
NA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 15, 2018
Marriot has always been family orientated and very friendly. My aunt ha worked at Marriott for 12 years and there has never been anything negative happen or to be said.
Great ambiance, good benefits, exceptional customer service culture, open door policy
HOUSEKEEPING OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 14, 2018
Strong customer service values, management very professional, good benefits and opportunity to learn and grow. Competitive salary, flexible with the study
Very nice place to work and learn and grow!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 13, 2018
I love the different culture and the environment ambient. Is a very good place to work. Very good benefit and they always help you to learn and grow in the company
ff
Quality Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2018
This is a great company to work for.
I learned to multi task and work independently or with a team.
There were a lot of perks to working for this company and management listened to their employees.
Great benefits
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2018
Company has a great portfolio , unfortunately I only worked for franchise Marriots , the St. Regis was owned by Starwood when I worked there .I was involved in $ 26 million dollar renovation of the hote , converted from a Ritz Carlton .
Pros
free travel
Cons
too much travel
Friendly people, inconsistent management.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 12, 2018
The hotel is severely understaffed and it is not seen as an issue. No opportunity to advance for certain individuals. The quick pace of the hotel is compelling but it is not an industry I am interested in.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, FL 33462April 12, 2018
I Learned a lot from that job because the way they trained me the first week when I started working there was different comparing as the way as I was doing that before and it is a very safe place to work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short break
a great place to work
Hostess/Server/Ritz Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2018
Atypical day at work at the Ritz Carlton was chaotic, but yet refreshing. You meet new people while serving gusts from all around the world. I learned how to engage with people from different backgrounds. Also learned how to run a restaurant on some of the busiest days ever. My supervisor was AMAZING. He groomed me into the young lady i am today. The hardest part of the job is being able to juggle the busy moments with a smile. I love the atmosphere, the family vibes from the establishment.
really no training / no help from management
customer service (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 11, 2018
I hope it was only this site, but I wasn't hired for overnight and somehow that's the shift i was given.
Not nearly enough training.
nice people
I got free breakfast everyday so that was nice
Pros
free breakfast / nice people
Cons
no training / worked a different shift than I was hired for
Great company
Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Overall great company to work for. There could have more opportunity offered to those who were non-management but they often went for outside sources.
Best job ever
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Would go back I was young and dumb ready to do it right this time. I had great guests and staff to help no complaints except that we couldn’t all live together HA best work family I’ve been a part of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K
44.6K
32.4K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

92%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.