Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 12,955 reviews matching the search See all 17,148 reviews
Very self-driven , corporate can be difficult to deal with sometimes
Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2019
your typical day at the Marriott began with prepping in the a. M. For the restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that came in typical shift starts at five 6 in the morning goes till 2 p.m , you feed breakfast in begin p. M. Prep for the dinner service. Skimpiest begins around 2 p. M. And runs about 12 a. M.. set shift consists of prepping everything out for banquets private events restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that might come in for the evening busyness depends on Hotel capacity. the compensation and benefits at the Marriott are okay. Once you in with the Marriott it is a solid job it's a stable job it will always be there if you put the effort into it room for growth is slow but if you're willing to put the time and do it it'll be beneficial in the long run. because of the fact that it's such a giant company there's a lot of management that intertwine with everyday functions as well as corporate rules and regulations which at times make it tedious but if you can get over that and they're a big fan of corporate Marriott would be great
Pros
Steady job long-term
Cons
Too much management
A fun work environment, poor hours.
Server, Bellman, and Stockroom clerk (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 18, 2019
It was a very fun place to work overall. The hours worked well with my school schedule. The hours however are very inconsistent. There’s been times where I’ve gone a month without being on the schedule. A fellow coworker once went 3 months withing being on the schedule.
Pros
Good breakroom food
Cons
Bad hours.
Hard work envirmment
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Hard but great learning environment. I didnt fit in too well there, I didnt feel like I was apprcieated or could make friends there. Job was good just analazing numbers.
every property is different.
PM room attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
it really depends on what hotel you work for. some are a lot faster and more strenuous than others. the hotel discounts are great and the overall atmosphere is nice.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
can be stressful at times
There were a few people i enjoyed working with at that job and others not so much.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 18, 2019
The Marriott itself is a nice place in general, but as far as the manager at this specific location really isn't a Manager at all. She would pick 2 of her friends that were working that day and they would be considered "head housekeepers" that day and would sit around in the office and gossip about the other employees.
Pros
It was a paycheck, and the hours worked out ok for me.
Cons
No free waters or drinks and only allowed one or two 10 minute breaks in a 9 hour shift
Can be fun but stressful at sometimes, thats hospitality in general.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I was with the company for 3 years, I truly enjoyed it for the most part. As for growth I found it to be unfair sometimes. It always seemed if you rubbed elbows with the right people in the corporate office you moved up. Which I found very uncomfortable and unfair. Just a simple front desk employee but corporate had me training GM's and AGM's. When confronted about moving forward the area manager would always put aside my request. Even after putting in my time into the company and still training managers and assistants for them with no pay increase at all. I stayed devoted to the company until management failed me after many months of requesting to fix my hours. They threw me under the bus to corporate to save there own selves. Definitely a sad experience for me. I loved my job
Pros
Discounts and creating bonds with guests
Cons
Management and Corporate behaviors
Kitchens we fast faced
Line Cook I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 17, 2019
A lot happened in the kitchens. Coming from a professional culinary background I was not the biggest fan of how some of their food handling was practiced. Food has to be out of the kitchen is under 5 minutes or it is considered late. If you work here consider it fast food.
Great Place to work
SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 17, 2019
The company is true to their overall mission statement - Take care of the customer and they will take care of you. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Large Company can limit all your skills
Marriott
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I loved the job it`s self,but my boss kept saying I could be replaced any day, and she would do so if she had the choice ( this started day one of my job). Pay was low, worked 34-40 hours a week, no benefits.
Pros
Customers and guests are great
Cons
Managment and co-workers
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Amazing team to work with, the management team is amazing. Best company I have ever worked for! The only con are the hours, they are either really long or your cut down to part time.
My amazing experience working for Marriott
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
I love working for Marriott! Its a great company to work for and they train you very well in customer service and relations. They have opportunities for advancement!
Benefits
Cons
slow season
Extended Stay
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for they gave me the tools to learn i took pride everyday working at Marriott. The company will promote within and transfer you to another company with Marriott
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
healthcare
Great work environment with an outstanding team.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJanuary 17, 2019
The hardest part of this job would be the challenging guests. Surprisingly it can be a very hostile environment with particular travelers. Overall, the team and management support we have in house is exceptional. I enjoy the room discounts when we have the opportunity to travel, however, the pay scale is very low for this area. We emphasize team at our location and we work very hard to maintain a cohesive work environment among all of our departments. Effective communication is key. We empower our employees to make decisions and strengthen their knowledge and ability to take the reigns so-to-speak. Overall this has been an enjoyable career and company to work for.
Pros
Room Discounts, Fun environment
Cons
Pay is low
Working for Marriott
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Do it!!! They are amazing to work for and have great leadership. I really enjoyed my time there and plan on going back one day when my personal life allows me to.
Job security but hard to advance
Marketing (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 16, 2019
Very good company, strong culture, but depending on where you are located it is hard to gain visibility and move up within the organization. As with any large organization, things take a long time to happen.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Difficult career progression
This was a temp job
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJanuary 16, 2019
I need a job. I was a maid at a hotel in OHIO, It is what it is. Minimum wage needs to we raised. There was a single mother working there who clearly did not support her and her child.
Very friendly staff.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working for Marriott International because of the friendly and helpful staff. I felt at home and I could ask any question and the supervisor always took the time to help.
Great internship experience
Server / In-Room-Dining Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130January 16, 2019
They provide great training experinces. Work load can be a little too heavy at times but most of the time you have other people helping you make it a success.
overall a good place to work
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 16, 2019
culture changes by different leaders. team members are helping each other, and supporting... good location, and free parking. technology is also pretty advanced.
Great culture
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for. Most hotels are franchised owned, no two are the same. Look at the hospitality companies first before applying. This is a 24/7 business, you'll work be required to work all holidays
benefits
Cons
long, long hours, 24/7 - you work all holidays regardless.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.9K
45.1K
32.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Marriott International, Inc..

Powered by Comparably