Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

32.5K
Found 12,106 reviews matching the search See all 15,939 reviews
Fast paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2018
They couldn't keep a general manager. The turnover rate for workers was unreal and people would call in all the time. The assistant manager is an awesome woman.
productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 18, 2018
I have never worked in a place where everyone gets along. Where everyone helps each other. A place that mangers care about there employees. Until I stared here, This is a place here you ask about moving up the latter and your helped every step of the way.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. The hotel is nice and clean. The employees were great to work with.. chstomer service was great with every employee. Also they offer breakfast to the quests and is also a non smoking hotel which I liked a lot.
Great work environment
Front desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 18, 2018
The company itself is great to work for. You can advance with the company great employee rate that can be used pretty much anywhere and the hours are flexible(non management).
Pros
Discount and pay rate
Cons
no breaks
Being run into the ground
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 17, 2018
This place is horribly managed. Its only 2 years old and is already being run into the ground. If you want to be respected as an employee dont work here. If you want to be treates poorly and taken advantage of then definitely go there. Most under qualifoes managment ever. I would rather be job less and homeless than continue to work there.
Cons
Poorly managed, disrespectful and drama filled work place
They say they love employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2018
They say they love employees but so many policy changes let you know their priority is not people. They only care about money and more money. They are greedy and want you to do more and more. They do not equip you to handle the bigger work load. You are on your own. Used to be great company. Now, not so much
Pros
healthcare, 401k, pto
Cons
weird work schedules, new programs, no training, no management help
marriott international
Front Desk Lead Pm (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2018
Great place to work but don't count on moving up any time soon or changing shifts either. I have been stuck on Night audit for almost 7 months and they keep hiring outsiders instead of promoting. hard to promote up. They have stopped raises for some employees saying they have reach top pay and yet hire outside employees starting at higher. Constant turn around of employees because no one is really happy.
Pros
high starting pay, great benefits and time off
Cons
turn around of managers, time gets cut when rooms are not selling
Very fun place and very productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 16, 2018
It’s an excellent place to work at! Has the best job opportunity and can help you grow with its company to become better.
They also give you a lot good benefits! 100% recommended
free lunch Healthcare
Resturant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 15, 2018
Marriott was a great place to work. They had a generous pay scale including benefits...also, a 401k, every possible Healthcare plan...good vacation package. My biggest problem was working 12 or more hours a day.
Pros
Free lunch...Healthcare...advancements
Cons
To many hours after all that time
It was a good company to work for until you got on the bad side of Culinary management team.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 15, 2018
A typical was started by completinr the prep list made. Then, completing service. Afterwards, we have to make a list of things that neede to be orderd from the main Kitchen. If you were one of better employees you would then be sent to another outlet for evening duties.
Competitive
Host/Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2018
I recommend working for a bigger location. That way there is more opportunities for growth. The standards are very high and every year we get a raise.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow
I did not work here, I worked for the Sheraton
Engineer/Security (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 14, 2018
I worked for the Sheraton, not the Marriot. The Sheraton was not very flexible with hours, but did not hesitate to offer them. Management was decent when they needed to be, but had a lack of value in leadership. The co-workers were great and the work environment was good. Great way to expand on customer service skills.
Adequate Work Enviroment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 14, 2018
Getting the weekly schedule in a timely manner is low on managements priorities, so there's usually only one maybe two days you can plan in advance for the coming weeks. They were good about working around school schedules and what not. Management is kind of wishy-washy, and don't always follow through. Coworker relationships are pretty good, very much family natured. Really hard to work with customers that the company has turned into monsters with a free reward program and wanting to please every customers complaint no matter how wrong they are.
Pros
$1 per day meal plan, flexible schedule
Cons
lower pay than other hotels, poor management
Franchise or Corporate owned
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 14, 2018
Depending on whether you work for a corporate owned property or a franchise can be very different, you think the mission is followed and honored, some management companies do not care only what you bring in and the reports you do. sad really
Good Company
Safety, Surveillance and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSJune 14, 2018
Working in the casino security division was a fun and beneficial experience. Management was friendly and cooperative and treated employees fairly. Only issue was frequent under staffing.
Pros
Good hours, Fair Management
Cons
Short Staffing
I miss it
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 14, 2018
The Renaissance was amazing! I worked as a banquet server and bus boy in the Foggy Point restaurant. So many great relationships were formed with my coworkers in every department. It was like a big family. I definitely miss the team.
Not What I Expected
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 13, 2018
I thought the culture advertised would be more closely followed than it was. The culture varies a lot from brand to brand. It was a great learning opportunity.
Great Company To Work For
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
I enjoy working for Marriott, it's a great company. They truly do care for their employees just as much as they care for their guests - which says A LOT because you'll often times deal with a high tier guest, and the fact that management acknowledge when you do can be nice.
Awesome Place to Work
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridley Park, PAJune 13, 2018
I loved working for the Marriott in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. Very nice people and lots of training. It was always a pleasure to meet the owner and her husband as they were welcoming people.
Pros
Discounted Rooms
Cons
dont get paid enough for the work thats done
Breakfast Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 13, 2018
the guests are great at the Fairfield I work at . there are some issues with hiring ..they are in need of an inspired head of housekeeping! I like working there very much I do feel Im underpaid for everything I do,and all my responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight