Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 13,462 reviews matching the search See all 17,807 reviews
Fun place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 23, 2019
This job was so fun. Helping guest and stocking merchandise was like Christmas everyday. Great hotel discounts and stay at any location employee discounts. Very busy fast pases relaxed cheerful.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Can’t be late more than 34 times
It would have been good if there was more overtime.
Junior Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 23, 2019
Working at this company was good can not complain.i was able to meet so kind co-workers that like their job. It would have been good if there was more overtime given. But other than that it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
More overtime
Great People
Senior Manager, RMS Trainer (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 23, 2019
Very busy two years, but also great group of people. Former company bought out by Marriott and we were kept on until the Starwood hotels were fully integrated with Marriott.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Short staffed
Marriott Reservations- Relaxed and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 23, 2019
I loved working at Marriott Reservations. Very relaxed and fun. I enjoyed speaking to different people from everywhere...going everywhere.

If the call volume was high the calls came in quickly but other than that the pace was relaxed.

This job had many pros such as very nice hotel discounts, medical, and free life insurance. The only thing that some may not like is the fact that you have to bid on your schedule about every 2-3 months. Attendance, Sales and a few other things determine your likelihood of getting the schedule you want at Marriott.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
You have to bid for your schedule about every 2-3 months
Pretty Decent
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2019
I worked here for a little over 6 years. After my 2nd child, the hours became too much. I had to accommodate my home life over my work life. with any job, there's going to be issues. The issues here weren't awful.
Pros
Decent pay, Pto, good staff
Cons
Minimal career advancement
We get to eat What ever we ask the line cooks to cook us on break
Kitchen, dish washer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2019
I like working for Marriott hotel off of 21st and Shadeland ,I work for them for some years and a good worker and like that it keep me busy and my hands stay moving.
Insulting ad
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 23, 2019
Does Marriott think working people are idiots? They advertise this job: Guest Environment Expert. It's a housekeeper position. Just say it! Is this glorified title meant to fool someone into working in the laundry, thinking they have some kind of important position? Every job done well is important, but this sounds like a middle-management plan to draw people into a bad job. Probably minimum wage. I worked for Marriott many years ago at one of their cafeterias in a Boston corporation. Terrible, abusive management. Ripped off my wages because I forgot to clock out one day. A long time ago, but this job title sounds like nothing has changed in this company.
Good management
Ritz_Carlton Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2019
I found the team managers reliable and realistic, however...the pay is terrible! Not everything was bad though, we had great discounts for Marriott affiliated hotels and paid time off was awesome.
Its ok
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2019
I take call all day and make reservations. I book world wide for Marriott international i sit all day i mean its not to much to say about the job im at a computer 8 hrs a day
Not bad
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 23, 2019
I liked working here. It's the pay that I didn't like. Corporate Marriott pays much more then the franchised locations. Also, promotions were gpod too!
Pros
Discounted rooms.
Cons
Pay and schedule.
The job is ok for a temporary job
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2019
It’s an ok job for just temporary use to me. It’s not a job I would want to have a career in for me to want to be here long. Some of the employees have attitudes which is never a good thing. The food is good at lunch. The general manager is very passionate and professionally cool. He actually cares about the employees and loves to see you strive and be great.
Pros
Good lunch, Great General Management, One great Restaurant manager
Cons
Attitudes, stressful
internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIApril 22, 2019
Learned how to purchase and order for the hotel this includes food, beverages, plates, and much more. During the internship I also prepped food, opened the kitchen, created a menu, and help improve customer satisfaction as needed.
They are tge worse people to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 22, 2019
Mangers where messy and drama. They wpuld joke to much and worked me to have a nervous breakdown at 37.So Walmart always took me back and helped me out as my family for years. They really caring people to work for. The residence inn downtown pensacola will lie and tell your personal business to make you quit your job. And hired there drug dealer family.
small area with stressful management
Breakfast Attendant, Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2019
they're a nice company but its not necessarily the best.i work at an extremely small hotel where they don't really care, but that could just be my management. i would recommend for someone who wants a smaller pay for a stressful job
Sales position
Loyalty Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2019
This job requires more sales than I expected. You receive a bonus for the time share and credit card referrals, but you are expected to provide them to callers.
Good experience overall
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 22, 2019
A typical day started by checking emails and then a morning staff meeting at 9am. I would then set my assistant up with his PM works for the day. I learned more about customer service and quality. The workplace was a calm and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to get my department in order because of how the previous chief engineer left it. I enjoy doing repairs and helping our guests.
Pros
day shift and customers.
Cons
Pay rate
Fun place to work
Advance Deposit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 22, 2019
Fun place to work - especially at Gaylord Opryland. Lots of perks and benefits working for Marriott. Pay is extremely low for the cost of living in Nashville, Tennessee in 2018.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits are GREAT
Cons
Pay
Administrative
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2019
Very great company to work for. Mangers was always helping and giving you more knowledge . Gained a lot of long term friends, Really great work environment.
Fun workplace everyday
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 22, 2019
Working at Marriott was full of adventure. You get to meet a host of new people everyday and ensure that they enjoy their stay. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing that a guest had good night's rest and plans to return again.
Pros
employee benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
flexible schedules
AC Hotel is a newer hotel in the Des Moines area.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2019
I see this hotel going places. They have a relaxed work atmosphere in general. They are based more toward the business traveler clientel. I would recommend for people to stay at this hotel in the future.
Pros
Close to the East Village shopping and entertainment. Upbeat atmosphere.
Cons
We never close.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K
45.3K
32.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Marriott International, Inc..

Powered by Comparably