Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. insights

Based on 4,523 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Staff

I enjoyed my job it was a brand new hotel we were all new so we were like a family a good company it is an honor to be asked to help open a hotel and be recognized for it I ran all aspects of the accounting office payables receivables payroll assisted the controller definitely learned the ins and outs

Pros

Awards paid time off benefits

Cons

Long hours some weekends

Staff is helpful and friendly! Great environment to work in.

I’m a bartender at the Livonia Marriott and I have worked there since late October, 2020. I can’t say enough good things about this place! Everyone that works here is so nice. It’s a great group of people. Everyone is friendly, helpful and all have a great attitude. The guests are a pleasure as well. It’s a nice atmosphere to work! I would highly recommend working there!

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Non

Love my role in this awesome company!!

Have been with Marriott 3 years have amazing insurance and in this time of unknown they have really stepped up!! You have the option to relocate to any property in the world!

Ambiente de trabajo gentil y amable.

Excelente comunicación para poder lograr las expectativas que la cadena de hotel necesita para los usuarios y gran responsabilidad en cuestiones de puntualidad y coordinación cuando se requiere algún permiso especial, y en ocasiones debes tener disponibilidad de horario para cubrir a otros compañeros que necesitan o tienen un percance durante sus días laborales.

Pros

Tiene todas las prestaciones de ley y la comida solo cuesta 2 dólares para empleados.

Cons

Debes guardar y cuidar tu herramienta de trabajo.

Productive and fun with positive energy

Good fun place to work at and a lot of positive people filled with great vibes and respectful I love working at Marriott all smiles love cleaning and making sure the guest are satisfied

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

fun place to work

great hotel nice rooms friendly people clean hotel great service

cleaning, 18 rooms a day

• Clean rooms and bathroom with prescribed equipment and to the required standard • Replace and supply toiletries on regular basis • Report repairs where necessary • Collect food trays from rooms and return to the kitchen • Clean spills in rooms and other parts of the hotel • Dispose off trash in an environment friendly manner

Fun workplace with a friendly enviornment

I enjoyed every day that I went to work. I always learned something new and used my previous and new skills to get the job done.

fun placve to work

I washed and folded towels and sheets. I learned time management skills. My management was fabulous always giving back to the employees and making sure we were happy.

what i did at work and a few small anwers to big question

When I began I was in the laundry room and enjoyed it because it had a certain comparative edged to it. By the end I did maintenance which included stripping down the rooms and putting in new accessories. The other half of this department is the people who clean and refurbished the rooms always became low on supplies. This made forced me to work harder and faster to up hold supply and demand. My answer to this problem is to hire only 2 extra people. One person day shift when needed and for the night shift. These two can be alternated for night shifts. This is my answer fixing the supply and demand ratio. The people I worked with where all hard word workers. Just like any other job there are some you may not get along with but that’s expected. I was able to get along with most everyone. One situation I don’t like is the huge over to management of this department. It seems like every 2 - 4 weeks there was someone knew.

Productive and fun workplace

At the Marriott my typical day at work started with a checklist. Checking up on Housekeeping, maint, etc. I learned how to answer phone. Hotel nightly Audit . There was no hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part about this job was meeting all kinds of people coming to the hotel for different reasons.

Pros

Learning different jobs

Cons

Being Respnsible for other jobs being done

Friendlly work environment

Everyone is nice and friendly. The only problem is not enough hours in my department.

Pros

offers benefits

Cons

benefits cost too much and not enough hours

Dtwli

Great for work experience. Support from most mangers. Now hiring!!!

Pros

stepping stone

Cons

none really

Great brand

The rating scale is off and will not me rate the compensation lower than a 4, which I would rate it a 2. fun company however

Pros

hard work

Cons

stressful

Fast-paced, multi-task, exemplary customer service oriented

Superior customer service combined with General Cashier, Accounts Payables & Receivables responsibilites are carefully prioritized on a daily basis. Empathy, patience & understanding when dealing with guests & clients is a must. Management of the Office/Accounting Department continously encourages & offers a volume of new information on a daily basis. Time management, proficiency in every aspect and continous organization of all tasks can be a challenge in this fast-paced industry. Complete guest satisfaction is the most rewarding aspect of the over-all job.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Marriott International, Inc. with

Learn about Marriott International, Inc. in Livonia, MI

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Livonia, MI