Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,678 reviews matching the search See all 4,460 reviews
a lot of work busy days and challenges learning.
Supervisor Department Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
It was my first job in USA. was a challenge for me to do exactly what my boss and job requires. My job was supervise the housekeeper work and control other areas too. had great relationship with coworkers and this help me a lot.
its a fun work place new people to meet every day
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  71 south ocean ave singer islandNovember 7, 2018
always something to do never a dull moment you can learn something new every day you have pride working there is always someone to help you understand what you need to know
Overall enjoyable
Sales Manager Vacation Planners (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 29, 2018
Work was enjoyable I was part of the management team it was overall very informative we worked together for the common goal of the company the culture in the workplace was of very high standards.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Fast turnover
Vacation Planner
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2018
They are not Marriott International and only share the name. Was hired under the guise it was fulltime inbound turned out to be outbound only. Training was not sufficient and the managers really dont care about you just about making the sale by any means possible. Micromanagement is rampant and as they walk around constantly. You are expected to make 200-300 calls a day and the leads they claim are pre-qualified mostly end up in voicemail.

They promote no pressure sales but will do anything to make the sale even pushing the customer to the brink of hanging up lost many sales to "closing expert" using what can only be described as used car sales tatics.

Very disappointed with MVW and Marriott as a whole.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Base Rate, Micromanagement, Stressful, Poor Training, Cramped Work Area, Poor Management
Incredible Team
Member Services Advisor/Part Time Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2018
This team (Ritz Carlton Destination Club) is like a small family we strive for lateral service, and no job is too small to assist. We go above and beyond to make sure that all of the Member's needs are met.
Pros
free lunches, unlimited soda, medical and dental, 401k matching policy and stock options nothing too bad
Cons
it's a small team so it can be difficult to reserve
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILOctober 25, 2018
Enjoyed working there the people that I work for a very nice and they tried me very well I stayed there for 3 years I moved away and I had to leave my job unfortunately I moved to another state but it went worked out okay for me and my family I'm very happy here in a new state looking forward to working here for years to come and to give it my 100 and 10%
Todos los beneficio muy buena empresa café gratis lonche salidas sorpresas incentivos bonos propinas despensa y muchos descuentos
Houseekeeping (Current Employee) –  Newport Coast, CAOctober 22, 2018
Muy buena nomás que yo no puedo trabajar fines de semana
Good Place to Work
IT Technician/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2018
It is a good place to work, you will learn a lot. The environment is great, people are great and the company is great. You will love it there go a head and apply.
Financial QA Team Player
Sr PeopleSoft Financial QA / Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2018
Working in a well developed organization that provides the tool, training and opportunity to continuously advance professional is how I describe working for Marriott Vacation Club International.
Pros
An over abundant of knowledge, training and professional relationships
Cons
Structural Changes
Intense but coperative work area . Also very fun people
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Heron Pines, FLOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at Marriott would be just arriving and instantly greeting tons of people because the uniform you wear speaks for its self . Nothing but positive energy all around you . It’s a great environment to be around . People are always sharing little pieces of knowledge with you and it make work so much easier .
Pros
Chance to talk to wonderful people . Sometimes free food and always insensitive to do better .
Cons
No paid sick days
Great Company
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2018
Love the people and team culture. Marriott truly puts their employees first. Even if your not a great salesman, there is a place for everyone in the company that fits your needs
N/a
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 13, 2018
I've Learned many aspects of Building Maintenance. Typical days are busy with a consistent work load. Most enjoyable part of my job is how the properties different Departments come together to provide a memorable stay for our guests
Great company to work for.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 10, 2018
Mr. Marriott said "If you take care of your employees, they will take care of your customers and the customers will keep coming back." this is very true.
Pros
clear promotion paths
Cons
low pay
Wonderful Culture
Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Marriott Vacations Worldwide has a wonderful culture. The associates and management are committed and engaged in delivering a world-class vacation experience.
Fun work place
Regional Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 6, 2018
I enjoy working there. Great working environment! Great team to work with! They have really been a great company and they offer great benefits to their employees. Paid for disaster relief pay when we had the hurricane!
Housekpeeing intern
Intern Manager- Housekeeping Dept (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 5, 2018
summer is very hot but other than that the managers and staff were all wonderful. It helps me learn alot about the back operations of the hotel. It also helped me better understand how hotel management works
Stressful and lack of balance
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Every day that I'm scheduled, it's usually at odd times of the day. It could be as early as 6am and as late as 6pm. I learned that you have to have tough skin when dealing with irate guests, especially when they just arrive, and when you get their requests wrong. It almost feels like slavery, and I would have to request for time off months in advance. Although they do offer benefits, requesting enough time off to recover from medical procedures and issues is nearly impossible, and I would have to overcome the possibility of getting sick. The only thing I enjoy is having fun the guests that I built relationships with. The hardest part is holding my emotions when a guest requests for a lot of things. I was overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated.
Pros
Relationships with enthusiastic guests and associates
Cons
Low pay, no appreciation nor recognition
Productuve work environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 23, 2018
It's very nice to work there.....its a positive and wonderful place to work. The guest are lovely they treat u good because u do a wonderful job for them and make them feel at home
Outstanding work place
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 21, 2018
Providing saftey and security to all assiocates and guest on the resort, provide basic first aid to include crp to all guest and assiocate report writing and problem solving.

And to work better with guest in a public relation enviroment.

Shadowing my manager and supervisor around to learn there roll and responsibilities.

Learing how mariott came about starting from a lemon aid stand.

Helping injuried guest mainly childern.

Working in a low stress enviroment and guest from all over the world.
Pros
Working with the guest from all over the world
Cons
Low pay for the work
Great Place to Advance
Sr. Vacation Advisor/Backup Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Work at the call center for about 2 years, moved up to work in corporate office doing data entry. Plenty of events, free meals, and gifts to be received.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.2K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight