Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

it sucks
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 17, 2017
My General Manager and Food and Beverage Director are the worst. We do not have any respect for our management here. It is pathetic what the employees are allowed to do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no work life balance and liars are all around
See Resume
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
Customer service including guest reservations, check-ins and outs, balancing till, verifying clerk till, processing membership applications, scheduling, training, as working and understanding the night audit and its processes. Additionally, I was responsible for the Platinum members’ concierge lounge; which provided appetizers, finger foods and adult refreshments in the evenings and buffet style breakfasts in the mornings. In the lounge I scheduled staff; set-up and tore down, cooked, mixed and served refreshments, completed daily inventory and all clean up.
Great
Front Desk - Laundry - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 16, 2017
barely any drama
great coworkers
great managers
hours were much better then my previous job
much closer to home
more opportunities to move up
i was trained/taught in different departments so it was easy for me to work within the hotel
Very busy high-paced restaurant right on the beach beautiful view of the water open 7 days a week year-round
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLNovember 16, 2017
I served and bartended depending on what was needed we did a lot of banquet functions so the restaurant was always busy I did day shift and night shift many doubles so I cpuld open and close
Great People
Houseman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2017
Working there was maintain the lobby and the hallways and clean the restrooms. Make sure all supplies were restock for the housekeepers. Learned more better customer service. The workplace was very friendly and excititng. No hard parts about the job. What was so enjoyable is working with so many people and just the smile i see when the clients are saisfied about the hotel.
Fun and energetic place to work with happy co-workers
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 16, 2017
The chain of command is very important at Marriott due to the different jobs and departments. An excellent place to work with happy people who all enjoy small tokens of appreciation in the form of gift cards, meals, etc.. The management actually cares about you as a person at this place of employment and will work with you on issues or concerns. In all, a very positive place to work with caring, happy, and hard working employees who all love their jobs!
Pros
Meals provided, gift cards on many occasions, recognition for jobs well done.
Cons
Quite a distance to drive to work if you don't live in the area.
killer job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
not a good job if you want to sleep. this is the only thing I can say, it was not good, the people was not friendly and you never really feel like going to work because of that.
nice place to be
Bellman/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 15, 2017
usually from 8am-4pm
driving people to the airport
management super awesome they care about their emplyers
days goes like a seconds and very good money
I do not work for Marriott Vacations Worldwide.
Group Rooms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2017
I work for the West Des Moines Marriott Hotel. We are not a Vacation Club we are a business hotel. I really like working with my co-workers, they are like a second family to me. The GM knows everyone that works here from the Sales Managers to the night time dishwashers and takes a real interest in each and everyone of us.
Great experience working for this company
Customer service, guest relations (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2017
I gained many personal and professional skills while working for this company. The thorough training I received and experience I gained benefited me in all of my future work atmospheres. Customer service and productivty were key in ensuring a successful day at work. Guest satisfaction and maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism guaranteed for a successful work atmosphere.
Marriott Hotels
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
working in the hotel industry was very fun and fast pace. i was able to meet and work with people from all over the world. I was able to put wonderful smiles on the guest faces and make a lasting impression with the job that I did.
Excellent work environment.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 15, 2017
Excellent place to work, flexible work schedule, flexible vacation schedule and holiday work hours. Management was easy to work with & understanding but focused on committment and attention to detail.
Pros
Flexible time off, schedule easily adjusted
Cons
Insurance only OK
Productive and fun work place
Food & Beverage and Activities Manger (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 14, 2017
Great place to work as a close knit family of leadership and team members. good growth opportunities as the company grows. aligned Marriott benefits. good vision and future
Hospitality and Customer Service was most important
Hotel Recruiter and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2017
The performance of your work had everything to do with customer service. I worked in Human Resource and I loved meeting all the people that came in to join our team. I interviewed, background checks, processed paperwork for their employment. I also was responsible for the payroll and performed the Orientations in English and Spanish.
It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
Meeting all the people and being part of a team providing hospitality
Cons
Your work is never done
Turn and burn
International Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HINovember 14, 2017
Fast paced competitive, cut throat culture where the only rule is that there are no rules. The culture is not conducive to talent development or retention.
Teamwork is vital and fun
Lead Houseman (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 14, 2017
Expect great support and encouragement. Management will provide recognition of employee of the month not only by voice but by monetary reward. Holiday parties are a great way to bring everyone together.
Pros
Happy Environment
Cons
It is a lot of work
Respected Management
FRIENDSHIP REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
I was very pleased to work for Marriott Vacation Club. The management was very supportive and did what they could to provide proper training and encouragement.
Benefits
Cons
High pressure sales
Worked from home.
At Home Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTNovember 14, 2017
This job was fun and a challenge. Working from home you have to be very disciplined or it could be bad. The training was great. As I was at home I cant comment on the work environment of the main office.
Pros
Got to work from home
Cons
Did not last long
Marriott is a family oriented company
Internal Audit, Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 14, 2017
I have learned that putting people first is the only way to conduct business. Marriott has taught me a lot about the hospitality industry and provided many training opportunities to enhance my career.
love the hotel work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 14, 2017
I have loved working for Marriott and would love to work for them again. Workplace is great fun and energetic.the guest are wonderful and great to meet and get to know
Pros
advancements
Cons
bad tempered employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2