Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
EXECUTIVE HK (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 18, 2018
This was a very good job with great competitive benefits. Good work environment with friendly people to work with. Definitely room for advancement for the right person.
Pros
Great benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Wages are not competitive
Can't stand it
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
Cater to jerks and do nothing for nice friendly people. Do whatever to short change guest. Over work and always short staffed. You never move up unless you know someone.
productive
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 18, 2018
chad is great , you need to be able to work hard and fast. a lot of memorising but a veyu patient boss. he cares about you as a person. the job is good . good benifits
Pros
benifits
Cons
people problems
Great overal job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77388July 18, 2018
Management was great, learned there is a lot of difference between cleaning regular rooms and extended stay, the hardest part was cleaning the rooms in the amount of time allotted because you had just about the same time as a regular stay hotel, with a lot more to clean.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Alloted room time
Very productive
Houdekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 18, 2018
This is a great place to work. Its not hard they work with you to teach you how to do things swiftly. I learned good tips to make you job run smooth..and the employees are friendly.
Great Company, employees do not care
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
I am floored by how the staff would talk about guests and the level of not caring existed. Great company and great perks, but with the amount of staffing they need they will take anyone
Really busy!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
This was my first hospitality job, and I enjoyed working here. I applied for a server position in the restaurant, but was hired as a Human Resource Assistant. Then, after a few months, I became the only Human Resource person, which was a bit terrifying. I left basically because I was paid too little for far too many responsibilities for an untrained, under-qualified person. I had no idea what I was doing, and was left to figure it out on my own, which could go really wrong when it comes to HR.
Pros
Employee Lunch Program, Lots of Employee Activities
Cons
too little pay
Very Hostile
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 17, 2018
Very bad management after the building caught on fire. I was doing some marketing skills I wasn't even supposed to. I did a lot of work that was out of my field
Pros
great employees
Great hotel chain
Secretary to Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 17, 2018
Love the Marriott. Hard working expectations. Varied schedule. Treat employees very well. Promote within is very common. Great on the job training. Work life balance is good.
Great place for banquet workers
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2018
Times can be slow and other times you barely have time to sleep working in banquets. It was so much fun in the hotel I worked at and would love the chance to do it again if I move to a city with the same hotel chain/brand name.
Pros
Potential to earn LOTS of money
Cons
Just depends on the business that’s rolling in at the time.
Poor Management
Part-time Front Desk Sales Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 16, 2018
Front Office Manager was not communicating employees' errors instead she would talk to other employees about a certain employee which would start a rumor and I think that is very poor management and only creates workplace conflicts. Also she passes on work to staff and leave early most days.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unprofessional Front Office Manager
Fast paced and busy environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
The Company culture is very guest oriented. There are many opportunities if interested in other areas of the Company or in relocation--Company has locations around the world.
Pros
Travel benefits, meals included
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work very steady and upbeat along with the diversity of the employees and guest. I was able to continue to expand my already existing skills on a daily basis.
Maintenance
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
It is very nice and I got good experience in maintenance and strong management, my supervisor is very helpful and he supported me all time to improve my knowledge.
It's a great place to work at. Great benefits.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2018
I love working here. I guess it's because of the people I work with. Although I'm not making as much as I want or as I was hoping to make, the job itself is making it worth it somehow. Great people and environment to work with.
Pros
Free breakfast, great benefits and great people to work with.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDJuly 15, 2018
GREat place to work; however, never appeared to have enough staff on any given day for the workload. Not sure if this was due to persons not coming to work or understaff
Pros
Metro accessible
Cons
Worked late hours
Good coworkers over all
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2018
Management was outstanding at first but within two years they opened up a new Hotel in which resulted in poor management in our hotel. Management did not care about our requests nor communicated properly
Fun workplace, workers are a team.
Valet/Bellman (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
Enjoy working at the hotel and interacting with different guests everyday. I’ve learned a lot since I started working at the hotel. Communicating and teamwork is important when it comes to hospitality work.
Pros
Free lunch, good workers
Cons
Working hours
Friendly and fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 15, 2018
Busy and also easy going. Guest Services and the operations of the hotel business. Management is good. Culture is very diverse. The hardest part of the job is when we were short staffed. Meeting new people everyday was enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes no breaks or very late in the day before you will get one.
Enjoyed my time at the Marriott
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Good Company to work for, They had discounts on stays at any of their properties, the health benefits were good, cafeteria on premises, not much problems for security at this location.
Pros
Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

54K
42.5K
31.3K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight