Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 4,525 reviews
Eh.
Lead Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2018
My managers were incompetent, business practices were shady. Nothing was ever taken seriously by upper management and they had 18 year old servers doing the ordering for the kitchen and other managerial responsibilities. Upper management frequently said that tasks like working the bar or helping front desk were "beneath them" and that it was perfectly acceptable to have one bartender for a 300 room hotel at 100 percent occupancy. The only redeeming qualities are the other people suffering in there with you which, once again, on a standard full occupancy night-shift is ONE bartender, ONE cook, ONE front desk agent, and ONE maintenance person if you're lucky.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
managers, everything
clock in/clock out...and don't try and improve things
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 4, 2018
I find it strange that a full time loyal employee for years, who works hard thru the thick and thin of the high and low seasons and management changes for years, will still end up making the same about of money that as the 21yr old that comes in seasonally. Management seems to take better are of the interns then the full time loyal employees.
Benefits
Cons
10 hour shifts with no formal break
A real pleasure to work there and very enjoyable work setting.
lead bartender for the hotel (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2018
My experience working at Springhill Suites Marriott was quite satisfying. My managers were always there to help me when needed, and my opinion was very important to them.
Pros
free parking, relaxed attitude, wonderful clientele.
Cons
nothing bad to report
Great Company, employees do not care
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
I am floored by how the staff would talk about guests and the level of not caring existed. Great company and great perks, but with the amount of staffing they need they will take anyone
Feels like Family
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 11, 2018
I'm glad I work for Marriott. It took me over a year to get this bar position, and I'm hoping I can transfer to another location soon since I'm planning a move to another state. If I could take the entire staff of this hotel with me, I would.
Pros
You can always approach anyone in management.
Cons
State income tax :)
Marriott Customs House Great Work place
Housekeeper/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
A typical work day varies based on how busy or not busy the day before was. It can be very stressful if you are not organized but the co workers all help and support one another. The managers are loyal to their employees and the employees are loyal to the company. Most employees have been there for 10+ years being the minimum. I would recommend this Company for anyone looking for good pay, great discounts and anyone looking for growth in one company whether its in Massachusetts or where there is another location.
Cons
No Food
Marriott
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
I like working for marreiott the company offers many benefits paid vaction time sick hours and even 401k you get to engae with many people and grow within a company
It was a great place to work
Evening Concierge Lounge Hostess/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 17, 2018
Really cool place to work, they offer free lunches for cafeteria...most all management are really nice and friendly, I love the atmosphere of the entire hotel very beautiful
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
i dont know
Great place to work up if you don't have an advanced education
Bartender/Server Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2018
Great place with great training. Good culture. They could work on work/life balance and scheduling a bit. Love the business idea and the fact that you can move up quickly if you work hard. It just wasn't the direction I wanted to go. My passion is the medical field.
Pros
They take great care of their employees
Cons
bad parking, not great scheduling
it was good to use as a college job
Server and Bartender, Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 29, 2018
I really only kept the job for my time as a student. Now that I'm graduating it is time to find something that will make the bills and minimum wage in banquets just wont cut it.
good place of advancement
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 10, 2018
good place if you want to move up the scale, decent job benefits, managment was very unorganized, and didnt seem to have the knowlege from experiance in the restuarant field.
job description
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LA 71270May 2, 2018
Pay depends on your race, management is very unprofessional/ unethical.
There is no space for career advancement or changing departments.
Boss is clearly prejudice.
People quit frequently.
Management is horrible at doing their job, not present at work as much as they should be.
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
no breaks, no pto, no career/job advancement, low pay
It was a temporary job.
Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2018
Certain positions pay better than others. The restaurant area is only busy in the morning and sometimes for lunch, never busy for dinner. And the bar/lounge area is busy. Room service is only done by 1 person, and you are expected to not accept tips from guests when working room service. That is because the hotel collects the tips.
Teamwork, productive fun place to work at
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 11, 2018
Very busy hotel in general, they offer a lot of training programs based on what department you are in and the hotel in general, management really does care about their employees, theres teamwork and overall it was a very good experience working for Marriott
Pros
Great benefits, good mployee treatment
Cons
Lack of equipment sometimes
Great environment to work for!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 8, 2018
Marriott was a great experience for me, everyone was very relaxed and professional. I had no issues here, caring, staff and managers. I actually really miss working at the Marriott! Would absolutely recommend this company.
Very busy hotel
Bartender/Server/Room Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I have learned that an inexperienced management team can destroy a great business. I love working their at the J.W. Marriott and the Marriott Gateway.
Pros
Have great opportunity for growth.
Cons
Inexperienced management
I enjoy work at Marriott I learned a lot and use my skill in my home life and different function at home for my family and friends.
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2018
Enjoyed working at the Marriott, a few functions like 900 to 2000 people plated dinner set up, serving the guest the staff was on point to make sure the guest was satisfied and Bartering for the function.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
clean up time before going home
Its a fun place to work
Bartender and Manger (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 16, 2018
A great plce to work, getting to all kinds of people from all across the world. I wouldn't change nothing about it, their is so much to learn in the hotel/motel industry..
Good employee culture, poor management
Lead Bartender, Managerial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 7, 2018
There was a great culture of cooperation amongst employees, but the management lacked proper leadership. They did not appreciate/recognize any extra effort on the part of the employees and focused more on the bottom line as opposed to customer satisfaction.
A typical day is laid back and full of meeting new people
Bartender/ Liquid Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at work is very chill, and meeting new people everyday is a great advantage. We do get paid hourly plus tips but I also feel as a hotel, advances, and raises should happen more often. When its time for a raise you may get one when you've been working with the company for a year.
Pros
benefits, discounts on rooms
Cons
pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location