Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 332 reviews matching the search See all 4,525 reviews
Intense but coperative work area . Also very fun people
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Heron Pines, FLOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at Marriott would be just arriving and instantly greeting tons of people because the uniform you wear speaks for its self . Nothing but positive energy all around you . It’s a great environment to be around . People are always sharing little pieces of knowledge with you and it make work so much easier .
Pros
Chance to talk to wonderful people . Sometimes free food and always insensitive to do better .
Cons
No paid sick days
Overall
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2018
This was actually a good job nice people and good management I love everything about the job it was not not to flexible for me and I didnt like the new management that took over.
Front Desk Agent/Audit (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2018
Management was amazing, really made everyone feel important. Love the exceptional service they desire to give to all guests. Room for growth within the company if desired.
Pros
free lunch, environment, friendly
Cons
pay
I love working as a Front Desk Agent For Marriott
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2018
I love working here! It was just that the pay was to low for me to live off of alone. The job itself is great and the guest was absolutely wonderful. If I had to do it again I would but I would have another job just to make up for the pay here. Great Job to meet new people and to get connections.
Pros
Cons
Pay
productive and fum to work at
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working there and enjoy working with the public I got to meet allot of new people from all over the country customer service was always my passion
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
There was none
My work summery is depend what position i work.
Front Desk/Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 20, 2018
I am responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting, check in and check out, mobile check-in, guest and offering them hotel facilities, answering phones, answering a question, handling company inquiries, sorting and distributing mail. also, schedule meeting and travel for the executive. I also work as a server. as a server, I Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to a type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
Pros
there is malty cultural people work like a team
Cons
I get good experience to working here.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2018
What i have learned is the key to good customer service is building a good relationship with with your guests. Thanking the Guest and promoting a positive , helpful and friendly environment will ensure they leave with great impression.
A happy customer will return often and spend more.
Its always important for management Team to be one work together
have love for their job, customer and of course the employees.
The hardest part in this industry is letting the Guest know or make them feel that you understand them, and you ere trying your best to make sure they walk out happy.
The best thing about this job is knowing that somebody else smile relies on you and doing your best to reach that goal is just amazing.
I love this industry.
Pros
breaks on time
Cons
healthcare
was nice
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2018
I loved my job it was nice to meet new people .The work was some times hared but still like the job. if they paid more so i could take care of my family i would still work there.
great
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98502July 13, 2018
the place is great I enjoyed working for the towneplace suites it was good money and a good work enviorment they have a high turn over rate which is unfortunate
jh
Guest Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 5, 2018
Fast paced, demanding environment. Staff is supportive of one another and management is helpful in dealing with client concerns. Good shift hours. No benefits.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Very fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 3, 2018
Marriott is a good company to work, and the peoples who work for Marriott is good and you can call these family. It the most enjoyable company to work for I can say.
Its really relaxed
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 1, 2018
If you want a good part time job, this is the job for you. friendly staff, they will work with your schedule, but there is limited movement. You will stand all day.
productive yet fun
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2018
working at marriott didnt feel like work. it felt amazing getting up everyday and enjoy working for an amazing company. management was always ready to help in tough situations
Very great place to work!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 29, 2018
This job was great and the management within this hotel are awesome. They are very supportive and flexible. Had I not had to move, I would still continue to work here.
Awesome management
Sales gallery front desk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
Love working for this company. I look forward to go to work and everyday they remind us how important we are. I definitely feel appreciated at this job! Lots of opportunity to move up every 6 months and you can change locations as well and it is not frowned upon. I definitely plan on staying with the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No parking
N/a
Hotel operator/Front Desk/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2018
Duties included operating dispatch center, dispatch house/valet calls, accounts receivable, authorize credit cards, Marriott rewards points, Night Auditing, rooms control, room service, basic office filing and faxing. Also maintained the front desk as well as concierge service which included setting up taxi's, printing boarding passes, room and restaurant reservations, as needed.
The hardest part of my job was not being able to get off a graveyard shift. I really enjoy helping people so that would be the best part.
Chance of promotion
Front Desk Agent Promoted to Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
My experience with the Marriott was a very positive one. The benefits that are included are awesome like paid time off & sick days. health, dental and vision care. And there is plenty of opportunity to move up if you put in the work.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
wages
I get to meet people from around the world everyday!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 4, 2018
The Marriott is a great place to work if you are looking to start a career and love to travel. You meet great people from all around the country and the world!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the down season gets boring
Amazing company to work for
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMay 25, 2018
Awesome place to work. We are a family there doing our very best to make sure the guest has the best experience. The managers made sure that I was properly trained for my position.
Benefits
Cons
Can’t leave for lunch. Must stay on property
Challenging
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
Working at The Marriott in Jacksonville was very rewarding because I went in with no prior front desk experience. Learning the system was very challenging which is something I find enjoyable.
Pros
Learning new prgrams
Cons
None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location