Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 353 reviews matching the search See all 4,529 reviews
no hay una asignacion equitativa para los empleados
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2019
En mi opinion personal deben estar mas pendientes de las asignaciones para cada trabajador. No hay equidad enn las asigaciones
Cons
descontento
Management is TOXIC, a complete joke and absolutely ridiculous
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2019
The company per se it's good as it offers benefits and well to above the average hospitality wages. My day to day was great interacting with my team but Management is absolutely TOXIC and people don't care if you learn or not. They don't want you to succeed as they are only worried for themselves. Feels like a race to test who's better and co-workers will not help you if they feel their job "threatened" in any way. I was thrown to fend basically by myself without absolutely no training nor coaching whatsoever by a manager who feels like she owns the company. You will never be recognized for going the extra mile but will be ABSOLUTELY HUMILIATED by the smallest mistake so, you are warned.
You will be thrown to do a job with a simple checklist and expect to never make a mistake, if you have a question or doubt, better not bother anyone or you will be evaluated at the end of the month.
Pros
Discounts at Marriott.
Cons
No training, no culture, management is a complete joke.
Great company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIMarch 4, 2019
Work place are awesome and very professional.. working here for almost 9 years are very lucky we have a lot of benefits and the pays are fair. The manager are very open to all the concern.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 16, 2019
Management needs improvement:Employees have rights too they deserve to be heard:Team work is important teamwork makes the dream work but overall it's a good place to work
Pros
Free travelling
Cons
Accomodation could be cheaper
In housekeeping department most of the staff leaders don't have respect for associates
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Shores, FLJanuary 12, 2019
It was my first job I passed 6 years working here as housekeeper but is a lovely place to work because of the benefits and the never cut hours during the year. People always have 40 hours or more but on my department some of the staff leaders discourage people by no respect. Some of them use power to treat associate in bad manner. The act as a discrimination. Associate in this department not happy but they don't nothing else to do the accept to stay
Pros
Never cut hours
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILOctober 25, 2018
Enjoyed working there the people that I work for a very nice and they tried me very well I stayed there for 3 years I moved away and I had to leave my job unfortunately I moved to another state but it went worked out okay for me and my family I'm very happy here in a new state looking forward to working here for years to come and to give it my 100 and 10%
Productuve work environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 23, 2018
It's very nice to work there.....its a positive and wonderful place to work. The guest are lovely they treat u good because u do a wonderful job for them and make them feel at home
Very missed
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAAugust 17, 2018
I loved this job, it is one of my most recent and one of my most favorite period staff are amazing, rooms are very clean and one point. Management is perfect when it comes to all the qualities needed to running a hotel and. Job duties were very simple but very important. If I could go back I would a thousand times yes!
enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 15, 2018
When I worked here it was like having a second family. They were always willing to help if I was ever in need. Loved being in a place that felt like a second home.
Excellent staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed being able to meet the guest needs and also making there stay feel like home . Working as team player involved with a lot of checkouts at the Marriott when March Madness comes every year.
Very organized and professional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 13, 2018
The Marriott was a very organized and respectful place to work for. I definitely liked all my co workers, they awlays made sure that there people were comfortable and had a comfortable work place
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Health care
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 9, 2018
I don't have much too said about their place because i was working for on agency but they manage too give me my 40hr or more of it I was in love with place I'm not gonna lie about they wonderful people
Pros
Cons
30minutes it very shortly
fun
House Keeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAAugust 5, 2018
Working here I had encounter a few issues with employees and Marriott had my back 100 percent. It is refreshing when you have a GM who has your back in time of need.
Pros
Understanding
Good Company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 4, 2018
Great company. Great place to work especially if you love to travel. Discounts are available at other locations and it is easy to move to different locations.
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 30, 2018
its hard work but over all a good company to work for.
nice coworkers and the guest are always very nice.
get a lot of tips and gifts from people.
always looks clean
Productive, interesting and fun.
Housekeeping/ Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 25, 2018
Interesting place to work with, dealing with deferent customers, providing satisfaction during their stay and relaxing place for the customers. had a good and bad experience that make things interesting everyday.
Pros
free coffee, two days off
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Great overal job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77388July 18, 2018
Management was great, learned there is a lot of difference between cleaning regular rooms and extended stay, the hardest part was cleaning the rooms in the amount of time allotted because you had just about the same time as a regular stay hotel, with a lot more to clean.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Alloted room time
Summer internship experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 15, 2018
The internship experience wasn't the greatest but in terms of learning how to operate on the job and gain experience you can't really go wrong. Honestly as a hospitality student you would take any internship you can get honestly but if you have to settle than this is fine to settle. Work was slow as much of the supervisors that worked with us not only did not know english very well but also didn't necessarily trust us and so gave us very easy and simple tasks. Had to go out of your own way to learn and grow in your job often.
Workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDJuly 15, 2018
GREat place to work; however, never appeared to have enough staff on any given day for the workload. Not sure if this was due to persons not coming to work or understaff
Pros
Metro accessible
Cons
Worked late hours
good experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 14, 2018
I learned how to properly clean hotel rooms. It was a temporary job as I moved back to Ocala until I got a health job, which I eventually did. Discovered I worked with a former school-mate, and relatives which was nice too.
Pros
being recognized that I was the smallest but one of the best housekeepers
Cons
pay, staffing for cleaning 12-15 rooms a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location