Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Found 165 reviews matching the search See all 4,525 reviews
Career at Marriott
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2018
If advancement is your goal while working at Marriott make sure that the manager treats you like a person instead of just another employee. Take advantage of any and all overtime that's offered. Make sure to step up when the time is right and not when asked. Always greet your guests with a warm smile and professionalism. Enjoy what you do!
Pros
Hotel Discounts
fun college town working
Night Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 11, 2018
Typical work day consist of coming in and getting what happen the night before and what events are going on today and counting the big cash box and each drawer. Assigned where the front office people operated and what the roles were for that day
Pros
People, location
Cons
hours from night to day
Productive and Structured Workplace that I miss working at.
Security Officer / Night Audit / Houseman (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 9, 2018
Marriott had great management that knew how to make your work day less stressful than it needed to be by providing the structure needed and making guidelines of the job identifiable to have a productive day at work.
Pros
Management, Culture and People
Cons
N/a
Good for new hires
Night Auditor Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2018
If you want get a feel of customer service, work for Marriott the experience will be really good and might help you in your future venture, good place to work.
Pros
Good for experiencing the Customer Service industry
Cons
Time consuming without enough help
Fun
Night Auditor Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2018
Fun but lack an all around manager that takes care of the place on a daily basis, Example: Restaurant always busy but most of the time place needed a maintenance re-touch to look better, but it was always clean.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Not taken care of
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work. Especially if you want to go to school! There are flexible shifts. The guests can sometimes be rude but that comes with the territory!
Pros
pass
Cons
pass
Excellent experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2018
the faster pace of a resort was rather refreshing after getting used to the routine of a standard inn&suites. It gave me the opportunity to show how good I was at problem solving when I would strategically run requested items to guests in a very short amount of time compared to everyone else
Pros
Faster pace and more opportunities to move up
Cons
Lunch or lack their of.
Nice place to work
Hotel Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 25, 2018
Overall, it was a nice place to work. The front desk software takes some time to get used to, and it's NOT Windows based. The staff were nice and friendly to work with. Also, the front desk area has a great view of the complimentary guest breakfast area so you can keep an eye on it during breakfast hours.
Pros
Good co-workers, Easy to access front desk area.
Cons
Difficult work software
Great place to work!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 8, 2018
Marriott has been one of my favorite places to work at. They are a wonderful hotel company with a great story behind each and every one of their brands!
Pros
Discounts for travel
Good Experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Marriott.
At the time of my employment we went without a GM for nearly 4 months. I'd say there was a high turn over rate. Saw lots of people come and go. Hours usually did not work to most peoples preference.
Had no difficulty with the work. I truly enjoyed the work as well as meeting new people on a daily basis. Learned a lot.
Excellent Management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 3, 2018
Working for Marriott has been very rewarding, the Management staff has been extremely supportive and encouraging. Fast paced and fresh, this company constantly challenges you to reach for, "A Higher Bar" of excellence.
It was Challenging at first, But after geting into my own, "Rhythm", i found my "groove", so-t-speak, which allowed me to seek new ways of "raising the bar", for my own improvment.
Marriott always tries it's absolute best, to find ways of improving the "Guest experience", and challenges us, as employees, to think outside the Box, and be creative, in offering the best experience to the Guest.
The most enjyable part of my job, is not only interacting and making the Guest feel good, and feel like they are personally important. It's also the interaction and support of the Management.
The management constantly tries it's best, to try and find ways to encourage, and bolster employee moral, and energy. i Really enjoy working with Ashley, the G.M., she is an absolute professional, and fantastic person.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
I wish i didn't have to relocate, so i could stay
The Marriott Standard
Night Auditor/ Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
Marriott is a great company to work for if you're at a corporate location. If getting hired make sure to ask if it's a franchised property or corporate. This could make or break you. Marriott has great benefits that start upon hire like your discount code to reserve hotel rooms for cheap.Team member appreciation is a big plus at Marriott. Management could use a bit of work sometimes but overall would probably recommend.
Enjoyed my job
Night Auditor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 22, 2018
I worked night audit. Enjoyed it but moved away. Paid only $9 a hour and you were expected to finish towels for housekeeping and set up breakfast for morning person.
Pros
overtime.
Cons
Not enough pay and expected to do others jobs that they couldn't complete
this was my very first front desk position
Front Office Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJune 14, 2018
I learned to work the Marriott computer systems with great leadership by management. Learned how multi tasking was a must. I learned the Marriott was and was influenced positively.
Pros
fun at the front desk
Cons
no breaks
fun place to work, friendly co-workers
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 7, 2018
I had a pleasant experience there and would like it to continue.
overall all the managers I worked for made sure we all had our needs met. sick time and vacation where never a problem
Pros
co workers
Cons
short breaks
A good place to learn the Marriott system
Night Auditor/Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 7, 2018
Learned all the reports needed for the Managers and Cooperate and to make sure they balanced at the end of each day. New management just a few weeks before leaving the company.
Pros
Learned to maintain gift shop inventory.
Cons
To far to drive to work.
Part Time position
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson Island, FLMay 28, 2018
My position with the Marriott property was a Night Auditor. I worked approximately 2 -3 nights per week on an overnight shift.

During my shift I was responsible for the front desk operations, completing the nightly audit process for the property and all guest related needs.

The work place culture was positive and encouraging. The management of the property set the example for the culture and actively supported the staff to ensure the best performance.

The hours of the shift were overnight and during the shift only myself and one other staff member were on shift for the property. This was not ideal.

Providing services to the guests and support to my co-workers was always rewarding.
Pros
Positive work environment, nice location
Cons
Overnight shift, rate of pay
Loved working at Marriott I loved working at the Marriott
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 28, 2018
A great place to work they are so fed us great food they have great teaching tools I love how they treat the employees with great respect and also the customers get fantastic service from everybody they offer is Rooms To Stay in when needed for the winter time when we have bad storms
Pros
The great people I work with and the great customers
Fun place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2018
When working for Marroitt this was a fun and productive work place since I worked as an auditor, I liked the human resources part.checking people in and making phone calls and reservation was fun and professional. The staff and management were pretty friendly.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not many but lots of rule that changed based on supervisor
N/a
Night Auditor/Guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 20, 2018
This was a wonderful working environment. People around me were helpful and very pleasant. Can get a bit busy but it was always good and easy to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location