Mars Employee Reviews

Found 687 reviews matching the search See all 1,184 reviews
fun place
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 11, 2018
The job was a great place to work< the people there where very helpful and embracing. typical day go in meet up with other workers see where you are placed for the and proceed to the area in witch you are placed for that particular day
Prepair to work alot of hours
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2018
Use to be a great company to work for. Vacation time is by far the best 2 weeks to start and 40 hours of sick time. They give you free pet food if you work at the pet food brand of the business. They also give you free Mars candy.
Pros
Alot of free lunches, delay start of off for the Super Bowl
Cons
Work life balance
Poor Management at the on-site level
Account Executive, SAS Retail Services (Former Employee) –  Southern MichiganDecember 11, 2018
While I enjoyed the work I was doing there was very little supervision and training from the beginning. Expectations were very high, which is understandable, but without proper training and guidance it was almost impossible to perform the duties required to my personal goals.

Travel was significant, which is what has ultimately led me to seek other employment.
Cons
Travel ad lack of training
Not a place for growth!
Machine Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
Mars main focus is monitoring their workers through surveillance instead of helping them grow in the company. If you do not work in the office, do not expect to be treated like a human being. There is no job work/life balance. The pay is OK and the benefits are OK as well.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Worst place ever worked
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 9, 2018
Worst place I ever work the hours where all kinds of messed up the management sucked the pay sucked I was hurt on the job and they threatens to fire me if I said a word about it
Very nice coworkers. Employment went down for most people.
Staff management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 3, 2018
Worked a rotating shift that included weekends. Did various jobs and operated a forklift. The job changed over three years that I was their. Was much more of a pleasant place to work when I started and went downhill.
Pros
Meeting different people over the time their.
Cons
Constant changing production goals.
Mars
VLM - OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 3, 2018
The benefits or good but the company itself is not good the mangerment is bad and hours are not good standing on your feet for 12 hours is not good.so
Pros
Good benefits are good
Cons
not a good place to work
I Liked it.
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 3, 2018
It seemed to be a good fit for me at the time but i had to relocate.I enjoyed keeping busy and full of coffee, witch helped me keep awake and alert. Pretty simple work and easy to fallow directions. Temperature controlled and relaxed environment. Hard working temp agency ready to get you in the door.
Great Place To Learn And Position Upgrades
Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJNovember 29, 2018
Excellent place to work for education, Great Benefits, Great People, Outstanding Management. They were very kind and helpful when I need help. Easily Advanced to clime the Management ladder. Great place to meet new people and adapt to new environments, As well creating new skills.
Benefits
Good for a first job.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDNovember 28, 2018
It was a good place to work as a high school student. I was a part time worker but they kept me busy constantly moving to keep the produce stocked and rotated.
horrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Essex, MD 21221November 26, 2018
Lighthouse Senior living was a horrible place to work. The Management other then the DON when I was employed there were horrible and the way the residents are treated became overwhelming to me
A good place to work with hard working and friendly associates.
US Commodity Verification Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
Test inbound commodities for Mycotoxin and Aflatoxin and other various molds and bacteria. I also blended and tested inbound meats for Ph, ash, and protein levels.
Pros
They would reward us with bonuses and free lunches when we excel in our departments.
Cons
Its a plant that makes dog food so there is a lot of raw meat, which didn't always smell the greatest.
Didnt pay on time unorganized
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILNovember 19, 2018
They missed hours and the clock out system was none existent Sometimes there would be no open spots to work so they sent you home and if u caught the bus you had to wait until next shift to go home and yes you paid for transportation
productive fun time consuming
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Ehden, North LebanonNovember 16, 2018
too many opinions usually ruin the vision. it was very nice and fun coming up with the concept and creating the menu, developing the place from zero and actually design it and built it with the help of our architect.
the most motivating thing was to see clientele embrace the concept and do a huge part marketing for it.
Cons
no free time
To much favoritism
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort SmithNovember 14, 2018
Good place but mangers tend to go with favorites. Since seniority isn't what they go by it leaves you screwed. Raises also come from favoritism. If you work your butt off seems like others get the credit for it.
A plus
Logistics Representative (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILNovember 12, 2018
good company, friendly people, location is in residential area so complete abidance to traffic laws are essential. The family/owner of business is very friendly upon visits to each location. Retirement packages are good
Pros
weekly payroll
Cons
punch clock
Great company to work for...
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 11, 2018
Mars is great to work for. Their education program is fantastic!

Lots of training. You wil learn a lot at Mars. I would recommend Mars to anyone. You will have a great experience. You may get fired after a couple of years, but you will leave better prepared for your next job.
Pros
Lots of education
Cons
Corporate politics.
Fun but Fast Paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 10, 2018
Fun yet Fast Paced..They give u All the candy that they Produce there..but u cannot take it home. Awesome Lunchroom thst provides Cafeteria type meals.
Pros
Free Candy
Cons
No Insurance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 8, 2018
Shift changes every 2 weeks, long hours as expected when you work for a food manufacturing company. The change over of employees is horrible, constant change over means no experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift change, 12 hour shifts
Too many meetings, poor work life balance
Reliability Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 3, 2018
Mars had too many daily, weekly meetings creating the need to work long hours to accomplish your assigned position duties. Their safety systems were rigid but not implmented in a manner that supported the goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mars. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight