Mars Employee Reviews

Found 730 reviews matching the search See all 1,293 reviews
Beware!
Not Saying. (Former Employee) –  Not Saying.March 20, 2019
It seems all nice from the outside but co-workers very clicky at times. MARS doesn't consider individual circumstances, you are just a number. Wouldn't recommend working here, not secure.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits.
Cons
You are just a number, not a person.
fast pace
B2 production (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 20, 2019
Mars is a good place to be even on a bad day I'm glad I have my job I do wish they pay more having a problem making it but keep in mind its a factory job
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
Good company
Mill room Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, OKMarch 16, 2019
Company cares for employees, works with you on family emergencies, lots of over time, great benefits that start day one. Easy to approach management with comments or concerns.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly people, and job security
Cons
Long hours, little to no time off, and little to no breaks during day
Some areas are better then others, Management usually tied up in meetings so relies heavily on other people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 14, 2019
Good place to work if you can get out of the initial hiring as an operator. Most jobs are easy some have their moments. Most of leadership is tied up in meetings all day and do not interact with team members so they rely on Team Leads for reviews and some of those people couldn't review themselves out of a paper bag. Some really great people though most are starting to retire.
Pros
Clean and climate controlled work environment.
Cons
Hard to get a promotion unless you do some serious boot licking
Family atmosphere
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 13, 2019
Mars is wonderful and the managers and coworker were very kind and caring. I would like to add it is a job so dont expect a free ride. Overall anyone that's looking for a job and absolutely love working apply at mars.
Pros
Good pay, overtime
Cons
California is too expensive
Ok but the hours just don't fit my schedule anymore.
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, OhioFebruary 23, 2019
It's ok to work there but the hours are not fitting my schedule anymore. And the employees are not trained very well or if at all so makes for a unsafe work environment.
Pros
Paid time off is very generous.
Cons
Hours, co-workers lack of training....
Awesome co-workers, Horrible management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 18, 2019
The best part of this job was my co-workers. They made me feel so welcomed. However the management makes you feel like you’re worthless to them. To them you are easily replaceable and are just a machine.
Pros
Free candy samples, discounts on products
Cons
Short breaks, communication between management & workers
A lot of team work, and fast paste
Production Packer / Skill Labor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 12, 2019
everyday will pretty much go by fast, it is a fast paste job, heavy lifting. I learned to be independent, responsible, and show leadership. Everyone was helpful and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was having to be careful with the quality of the jobs and products. The most enjoyable part was having a stress free environment, no drama , strictly about work.
Unstable Company with Too Many Reorganizations
Global ICP Finance Manager | Site Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 11, 2019
In my 4 years with Mars, there have been on average 2 reorgs per year. A lot of turnover due to the management purposed vision not matching the reality. Politics and red tape are in abundance!
Independence and Progression
Pilot Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Thompsons Station, TNFebruary 5, 2019
When it comes to working within Mars the location plays into a huge role in an everyday role. At my most recent role it allows for the flexible working hours to be able to care as a single custodial parent and still be able to accomplish tasks at hand. They strive to promote career progression and create future leaders. Through trainings and situations I have learned to be a better leader and person. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with others within the company to build collaborative relationships that become integral in our daily jobs.
Production Assistant
Production B2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 4, 2019
I have worked many places throughout my life. MARS INC is truly the best company that I have worked with. The employees are true team players and great to work with. The supervisors have been supportive and there for you to help you advance.
Pros
Great Team Building, Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
I enjoyed the job but was only a temp and needed full time.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2019
I was disappointed in not receiving the same benefits full time employees did. We weren't given any assistance by management or the temp service to how quick we can go fulltime. Every day we had a short meeting before our shift & it was always directed to the fulltime employees & as a temp I felt excluded. Company celebrations & parties excluded temps.
Pros
The money was decent, pay was good.
Cons
Temps weren't achnowledged as part of the team.
Good place to work and help animals, wrong fit for me
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 30, 2019
Banfield Pet Hospital (part of MARS) is a rewarding place to work, however it was difficult for me to find healthy work/life balance as a member of leadership team.
Pros
Accrued PTO and additional Floater Pay, Free Wellness Plans for personal pets
Cons
Long hours including weekend days
Plantation
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 30, 2019
Modern day slavery they lie to you about hours they take day off your schedule you have to move no stop until the work is done or the machine breaks. It’s just bad real bad they hire people everyday because people quit everyday
Pros
You get one free ice cream a day
Cons
Mars
Mars petcare
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Loved working at Mars great job great people. I had the cleanest steak in the plant. I would bust my butt to just go out of my road to help other's. Got to train several people while there.
Benefits
Cons
Lot of no family time
Swim Instructor
SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Swimming for MARS is very fun, you get to work with kids while teaching them how to properly do swim strokes (Breast, Butterfly, Freestyle and Backstroke)
Great company to work for.
LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2019
I worked for multiple facilities with Mars, in both chocolate and pet-care. I can not say enough about how well I was treated while I was there. It is a family owned company that truly cares about it's employees and it shows.
Mars Employment
Staff Management (Current Employee) –  1001 Texas Central Pkwy Waco TX 76712January 22, 2019
The hardest thing on the job is standing and your feet hurts really bad. A typical day at work is you work 8 hours and take two 15 min brake and 35 min lunch. The workplace accepted all Culture. The most enjoyable part I like of the job is Repacking and getting my job done.
Small Food Business
Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 19, 2019
Food Business is a very small part of Mars. No real attention given if your not pet or chocolate. Lots of talk about the five principles but the food business is not using any of those principles. The plant in Greenville is old and the business has never done a great job of taking care of the infrastructure. Its falling down around itself.
Pros
Hourly Employees are dedicated to the plant
Cons
Senior Leaders
Very stressful and demanding. Demands OT because your salary. Demands excessive amount of accounts to be worked regardless of no breaks.
Medical Collecting and Billing Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Mangers and owner demand OT with no pay because your salary. Demands excessive accounts to be worked in one day. No breaks. Managers and VP do not speak with you or greet you.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mars. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight