MARS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun place to work
Sanitation Team Lead/Behavioral Based Safety Coach (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2018
Easy advancement (they train, cross train, and promote from within the company)
Great pay (raised on an annual basis based on performance)
great benefits
Company was great management was not
Site IT Services Sr Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 14, 2018
Mars itself was a great company to work for. Their offices are nice and the people are wonderful to work with. Mars would focus a lot on associates and give back to their employees. I personally ran into issue with have un-supportive management but I feel that was just my personal experience. I would probably take another role with Mars given time and career advancements.
Benefits
Cons
Un-supportive management.
Fire the current management.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago Il.August 11, 2018
The last 5 years of my total 25 spent at Mars was worse than getting my teeth pulled without being numb. Stress level was high. Expectations were unreasonable. P#@! poor management. Cut-throat culture. Current management discounted my years of knowledge & skills. I had tools that were older than my boss. If you needed to take time off for bereavement or to tend to a sick family member, you would be denied the time. Job searchers, "BEWARE!"
Pros
Got to retire.
Cons
The last five years of life at Mars are ones I will never get back T.G..
Awesome
Senior Global IBM Messaging & Collaboration (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 11, 2018
This is an awesome company to work for. I enjoyed the people and the place. they are great people to work with. Very smart and very helpful and miss working there
Best company!
Security Director, The Americas (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaAugust 10, 2018
I love working at Mars. It is one of the best work experiences I have had in my more than 30 years of professional experience. Great people and great culture.
Lots of outside sales for inside sales job.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYJuly 31, 2018
There was no "typical" workday. The job was supposed to be an "Inside Sales Position" and I was spending fifty percent of my time on the road. The owner pushed for more and more roadwork and ignoring the fact that I was hired for an inside position.
Owner ignored the power of the internet at that time and how much more could have been found in new business rather than mopping up messes caused by other people. Stuck with old markets that showed zero growth and all liability.
Business is no longer in operation.
Typical food Manufacturing plant.
Manufacturing Staff Management (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 24, 2018
Making ice cream at the Burr Ridge plant the hours are somewhat Seasonal. More during the Summer. Less during the Winter.Work schedule MUST be checked on a daily basis as it is subject to perpetual changes.This could mean increased or, decreased hours I work for Staff Management. Which is a contractor of Mars N.A.
Pros
Free Ice cream. Products can't leave the building.
Cons
I work for a long term contractor. My true work skills aren't utilized.
Easy money saver
Packer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job, thinking about going back. If you are looking to save money fast, this is a perfect job for it. The overnight shift was always pretty chill.
Pros
the overnight was real chill most times
Cons
standing up all night
operator
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 23, 2018
to operate a machine boxing candy and make adjustments to the machine to make it run smoothly and when the was no candy to clean and repair any defects to the machine
Pros
nice people
Cons
you could not work just one sift
Material Handler/ Fork Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 23, 2018
None material handler and forlift operator this is a dog food plant and there is no air conditioning and it is swing shift. The managers are very rude and care only about them selves.
If you can get in.....Shut your mouth and make some dog food
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2018
Excellent place to work, I spent 20 years here. I truly enjoyed my time there. Most people were friendly and helpful. There are a few that are only in it for themselves,(as there would be anywhere). If you can avoid the wrath of those people, you can have a long and productive career. They go through plant managers like they change their underwear.....but Mars wants the managers to move constantly. If you get a good one...it's golden....but when the wrong one comes along...it makes life rough. The culture has changed a bit...but as anywhere you work...if you do your job....your fine..
Pros
Pay, Insurance, good people
Cons
some managers
Mars Review
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Budd Lake, NJJuly 18, 2018
Mars is a great place to work. The people are great to work with and they are really collaborative. The management wants you to succeed and they do believe in their associates.
Pros
Candy
Cons
I got laid off.
I didn't like it there
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHJuly 17, 2018
It is the worst place to work at. U don't get any benefits bc it was trough a temp service and the hours were horrible bc they didn't know if they needed you b one day or another it was to far of a drive for the amount of money they wanted to pay. And the workers were very rude
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job was horrible
Flexible, productive and fun place to work
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2018
We worked together as a team. This is the place that taught me everything I know as for as office work goes. We were all like family and crossed trained in each others job.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
distance
Sub-par Culture, Good Benefits
Sales (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 13, 2018
I've worked at Mars for over a decade. I've had the opportunity to work in different roles, but the last 3-4 years I've really seen the culture shift from good to not so great. There are fundamental issues with talent management. Additionally, the culture and strategy are unclear. Likely due to the immense amount of outsiders being brought in. There's a ton of room for improvement.
Pros
Great benefits package.
Cons
Strategically unaligned at the Senior Leader level.
Good pay, just poor and lack of good management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 8, 2018
Would not recommend for the Cleveland area. I dont know how other factories arw, but this one is no good. There are plenty of better jobs here that pay more and have better benefits
Management Weak
Veterinary Pillar Area Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2018
Management is very weak. They don't understand the market or sales opportunities. Programs are done with no follow up or accountabilty. Rules apply to some not all.
Pros
Free Candy
Cons
No Appeciation
InsuranceTelephone Rep
Insurance Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 29, 2018
Poor communication between management and staff
poor tools given to compete assigned job
no consistency - management doesn't follow established policies, no competent local management - lack of training. Management wanted quantity verses quality.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
no benefits
Great company
Senior Global Domino Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at here. Great people and good work ethics. Enjoyed helping in their needs for the time I was contracted. Management is very communicative.
Project Manager/Designer
Project Mgr/Designer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 25, 2018
While at Mars Food US was a contractor who worked closely with the Site Maintenance and Project Engineering teams to formulate and implicate project scopes requested by the site team. Large range of variety in size and scope of projects.
Pros
Good Project Controls and Management Systems
Cons
Communications between disciplines get effort sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss