MARS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Morale of the company is questionable.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 15, 2018
Ok place. Upper Managemnt is very poor quality. Company Morale is very questionable. Great benefits and ok salary.Great location, gym onsite. Upper management is focused only on money not people.
Ready Set Go
Material Supply Associate (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 14, 2018
Making sure I always arrive 45 min before start time. We also have team meeting before start of shift.. I'm always ready and prepared for my night due to this being a production environment.. The hardest part of my job would be delegating my time because I am a team player and when I finish my work I help my team with their work as well.. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a team player, and making sure my team hits all goals set for the night
Sales & Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 10, 2018
Large company with a lot of opportunity to learn from others and try new roles. If the company is doing well, everyone is doing well, if the business unit isn't meeting promised growth results, it can be a very unpleasant place to work.
This is not a real review
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
I am no longer interested in writing reviews for companies. This is not a review of anything. The minimum character count is approaching the required characters.
productive and fun, i was a lead on my shift and ran the production line of operation
Lead Shipping Operator(Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 30, 2018
productive
typical day at work was average
hardest part of job was team motivation and production
the most enjoyable part of my job was having enough man power with no lay off, vacation and getting paid
operated my line of production and lock out tagged out line when we had a jam
lock out tag out certified
forklift driver.
Pros
luceons and awards
Cons
layoffs
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NEApril 29, 2018
fun workplace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2018
I had a good time and great experience working there. I had a great team at that time.The management was quite good and available for all our concerns.We had a different culture. I will definitely recommend this place.
Pros
Iwill def
Cons
30 min break
Great Place to Work
Insurance Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 28, 2018
I loved my job as an Insurance Telephone Representative at MARS Billing. My supervisor knew what he was talking about and was a great teacher. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure health insurance claims got paid. Knowing that I was working on my follow-ups and denials on a daily basis and that claims were getting paid by the health insurance companies was very rewarding to me.
In need of experienced leadership
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
Lack of professional leadership
Lack of qualified leadership
Opinions don't seem to count
No mutuality
Lazy team members
No sense of direction from leadership
Favoritism from leadership
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They are only good as long as you stay there. Hard work for compensation
MARS - Great Place To Work
Associate Scientist / Lab Technician (2001 (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJApril 26, 2018
Worked in R&D primarily doing Microscopy work for Consumer Affairs and plant related work. Increased knowledge in food / candy production at the plant level and from a Scientific perspective and to my knowledge of paper packaging materials from the Paper Industry.

Worked independently moving from the plant level to the R&D position in a great work culture at MARS. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lab work supplying results that other team members had confidence in.
Excellent place to be employed
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 16, 2018
High quality associates with a collaborative atmosphere. I would highly recommend working there. It is a very fun and friendly environment with flexibility with your day to day schedule.
Pros
Fabulous Facilities
Great place to learn and develop as business professional
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 12, 2018
Mars Petcare by far from a CPG perspective is as good as it gets. The leadership and associate talent acquisition model drives great hiring practices. Those great hiring practices translate well into the execution of business from a customer first perspective. Great associate interaction and support network always willing to aid in the development of others. I would encourage any young business professional to work for Mars and ultimately make a career at Mars.

By far the best Fortune 500 company I have ever worked for a probably ever will.
Pros
Great people and leadership
Cons
Low Entry Level Pay
Productive place to work
Senior Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 12, 2018
Packing different types of candy . Running packing machinery. I learned how to run two machines at one time. Mars has excellent managers. It. is a fast paced environment. I enjoyed eating what ever and how much I wanted.
Pros
The candy
Cons
swing shift
A really fun office
Facilities Contractor (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 11, 2018
This was a really fun office with a great group of people. I had the opportunity to meet so many of our International Associates from all around the world I learned so much there. We had great potlucks and parties too.
Pros
Great office, Gym and showers
Cons
A lot of upper management moves
Stress, cutthroat, poor management, not clean.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAApril 11, 2018
Place to start if you're young to build a resume but that is it. Pay is not anywhere near other top companies around the area. Inept management that worries about having meetings about meetings and not really worried about production or fixing problems. Insurance goes up every year while pay doesn't. The corporation thinks the only way to make money is to take more from the employees every year.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Name it
n/a
Regional Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Fun and colloborative atmosphere to work in.
Learned about processes and MLCs
Management is efficient
Culture is embeded in everyday work
Getting together outside the office is fun
ok
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJApril 8, 2018
It is not good to be a contractor in Mars. It is a very good place to be a full time employee. I do not have anything else to add so just filling the space
Procesos claramente determinados
Intern Management Environmental Management (Former Employee) –  lago AgrioMarch 26, 2018
La gestión ambiental realizada es efectiva, la empresa capacita al personal cada cierto tiempo lo que permite tener mejores bases para proceder ante cualquier evento.
Pros
Seguro privado, buen trato al personal
Cons
El clima
Mars Petcare is a leader in the Pet Food Industry with great benefits.
Logistics Coordinator/CSR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 24, 2018
I loved working there, and performed the same tasks I did at Cool Springs International.

I worked in the Nutro division and learned so much about the pet food industry.
Pros
Huge corporation with excellent benefits, free chocolate, and pet-friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Really not many cons. I only left company because I wanted to stay with the team.
Very Productive
Insurance Telephone Representative (ITR) (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 22, 2018
MARS is very productive but the management is extremely poor. The department supervisors show favoritetism. One is the supervisors actually had her friend hired. When you needed help with something the supervisor looked down on you and laughed in your face. Management is very very very poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss