Mars Employee Reviews

Found 742 reviews matching the search See all 1,314 reviews
Great place to work with good people
Team Lead/Director, Meijer and H-E-B (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 23, 2019
I enjoyed my five years with Mars Petcare. It was an enjoyable place to work. The management team lives their principles and provide their associates the ability to grow and develop.
Pros
Help make the world a better place for pets
Production
Reliable staffing, Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43229April 22, 2019
Work on the line with people of different ethnicity alot of competitiveness.

If need some fast money can work here every week but you need to be able to have transportation.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
no good breaks
mars workplace
logistics operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2019
upper management seems a little out of touch.Certain senior employees have stated to me that they run the place they could make my job harder or easier depending on if i listened to them. Very clickish. Over all they have a great culture, great benefits. Over worked because they seem to have a very difficult time holding onto employees making it a very difficult work environment forcing current employees to pick up the slack. There maintenance team very poor structure they seem to what to blame everyone else on the plants problems instead of doing just there job. For example maintenance wanted to blame a employee for a motor that was hit with a forklift when it was not causing the employee to be suspended and have a drug test which the employee passed and returned to work but not stating that that same motor had been hit three times prior in a one month period. Thus passing the buck. As a logistics operator this place is a nightmare very tight areas to work in. This plant is very old and has a lot of micro activity going on. major leaks all over the factory which is causing these micro activities
benefits
Cons
very little help on your on going training.Its a sink or swim attitude
Clean and interesting people
Senior Operator flex line 8 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2019
Typical work day is a swing shift job which is taxing on your body mentally and physically,Many things to learn including FDA testing and proper paper work completed Management at the top is good but floor supervisors are not all that educated in people skills and how to manage a crew in some areas of the plant.hardest part of the job is learning all the positions in a work area.
Benefits
Cons
split shifts
Great Company
Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJApril 19, 2019
Great company to work for - leadership team truly cares about employees and wants them to be the best that they can be. They are sustainable and care about the environment and the future
Great place to work and it provides great benefits.
Supply Chain Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 17, 2019
Great place to work and it provides great benefits. I learned critical management skills and I was able to earn my Bachelors degree. the culture is the best in the industry.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Can be very stressful
high stress, poor work life balance
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2019
Banfield was a hard place to work after a while. It was never enough and poor management didn't help. Reviews weren't consistent and raises weren't given fairly.
Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAApril 12, 2019
The maintenance guys are mostly an inner circle of family and friends that play by their own rules and do not follow the principles set forth by senior management. If you don’t fit in they will find a way to try and push you out the door, and if that doesn’t work the team lead will find a way to fire you. Swing shift hours also make it hard to have a normal life.
Pros
Paid well with good benefits.
Cons
High stress environment and employee favoritism.
Work well with employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHApril 12, 2019
Decided to get a job out of state from where I currently was and when the time came for the relocation process to take over it did not and I had to make a decision to continue to work here or leave and take care of my family.
Was a great place to work
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 9, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The past few years have been a roller coaster of emotions and stress due to lack of management. After the 5th re-org, you would think the business would know what is going on and the need in areas where people are overworked, or lack of associates to help.
Stressful, but worth the trouble
Spotter Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66619April 6, 2019
Mars provides excellent benefits and excellent pay. The management of the facility I worked at was lacking in some aspects and was missing critical planning ideas. But the environment is quick paced and very knowledgeable. You'll learn a lot while working with Mars. They will give you plenty of opportunity to grow personally as an individual and as a team member.
Pros
Benefits, start out pay, and opportunities to grow
Cons
Planning and being short staffed sometimes
It's Chucky cheese but at your job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 3, 2019
One of the weirdest places I've worked. Loads of benefits. 3 weeks vacation, 5 days sick time, profit sharing, paid sick leave (80%), they feed you all the time, Christmas gifts, and a lot more.

Yet management only gives night shift 25 cent shift differential. Which is really low, most places give at least 50. Management also favors dayshift much more in terms of staffing and meetings. Meetings were usually scheduled for the start of the shift but if you were on nights it was scheduled for after shift making us stay until 8am. Making a long day longer.

Also staffing, with the low shift differential turn over is high on nights. We were always short handed and my manager didn't seem to care. For over 6 months we had almost no new hires while working 50+ hours a week to cover other vacancies. Some even worked 7+ days forced OT due to the lack of hiring.

Job titles won't save you from forced OT. You will be forced to work a position that makes 4+ dollars more without the pay. Most operators don't even do operator work. Most drive forklifts. Which is a better paying job. Called this out and yet still wasn't paid as a material handler. Servicers do the work of the Senor Operators without pay.

Cross training only means you get to do the job when it's vacant(without pay). Not that you are next to get the job once it's available.

The managers hand out the best paying jobs out to their favorites.
Just spend a lot of time in the office and you'll get a good job. No hard work needed.

Lots of good things too

Ok pay for the area

Profit sharing.

Lots of OT
  more... on night shift if that's your thing.

And they also throw Pizza Parties all the time! In case your 12 and still like pizza parties.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, Excellent corporate management, Pizza Parties
Cons
No paid lunch, Lack of advancement, Line managers promote their favorites
Bad
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2019
Bad company. Bad environment. Supervisors are horrible. The company is very unprofessional. A lot of things going on that should never be going on. Not worth the money at all
Beware!
Not Saying. (Former Employee) –  Not Saying.March 20, 2019
It seems all nice from the outside but co-workers very clicky at times. MARS doesn't consider individual circumstances, you are just a number. Wouldn't recommend working here, not secure.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits.
Cons
You are just a number, not a person.
fast pace
B2 production (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 20, 2019
Mars is a good place to be even on a bad day I'm glad I have my job I do wish they pay more having a problem making it but keep in mind its a factory job
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
Good company
Mill room Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, OKMarch 16, 2019
Company cares for employees, works with you on family emergencies, lots of over time, great benefits that start day one. Easy to approach management with comments or concerns.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly people, and job security
Cons
Long hours, little to no time off, and little to no breaks during day
Some areas are better then others, Management usually tied up in meetings so relies heavily on other people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 14, 2019
Good place to work if you can get out of the initial hiring as an operator. Most jobs are easy some have their moments. Most of leadership is tied up in meetings all day and do not interact with team members so they rely on Team Leads for reviews and some of those people couldn't review themselves out of a paper bag. Some really great people though most are starting to retire.
Pros
Clean and climate controlled work environment.
Cons
Hard to get a promotion unless you do some serious boot licking
Family atmosphere
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 13, 2019
Mars is wonderful and the managers and coworker were very kind and caring. I would like to add it is a job so dont expect a free ride. Overall anyone that's looking for a job and absolutely love working apply at mars.
Pros
Good pay, overtime
Cons
California is too expensive
Ok but the hours just don't fit my schedule anymore.
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, OhioFebruary 23, 2019
It's ok to work there but the hours are not fitting my schedule anymore. And the employees are not trained very well or if at all so makes for a unsafe work environment.
Pros
Paid time off is very generous.
Cons
Hours, co-workers lack of training....
Awesome co-workers, Horrible management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 18, 2019
The best part of this job was my co-workers. They made me feel so welcomed. However the management makes you feel like you’re worthless to them. To them you are easily replaceable and are just a machine.
Pros
Free candy samples, discounts on products
Cons
Short breaks, communication between management & workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mars. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss