Marsden Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Served as supervisor. Enjoyed the employees. Short staffed most of time and overworked often.
Sustainability Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2019
I like the people of marsden. The employees. Some management is alright too. It would be nice if they were better staffed and had a lot of people, especially for large events. Other than that, good company.
very relaxed place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 4, 2019
I liked working for Marsden because of the Independence I had.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was getting to know the people I got to work with.
Pros
I loved the work.
Cons
The managers could have had more Communication.
The people was not friendly.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2018
The managers was not very professional.
The work was easy but the lack of communication was the worst.
I did not like the hours ....".................
This company involves working with a lot of trash... including the management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 14, 2018
If you love working in a dirty environment every day, a lack of organization, no set hours, unprofessional management, and getting fired once they felt they got enough "work" out of you, then you will make a great fit for this company. If you come to this company as a last resort, make sure you are part of the Union so you can fight back for your rights when needed. They will put employees at any location depending on where they need you most, even if it's not where you originally applied. If you work during sports seasons, they will tell you that you will be moved to another location after the season, but if there is "no space", you will be jobless, and without notice. They like to fire employees without warning or reason, and then tell future jobs and even the state that you just quit. From managers, to lazy crew leads, to their HR, just terrible. No care for employees. Terrible company.
Pros
Getting paid to stand around often
Cons
No organization, bad pay, Too many to count
Mmmm
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 5, 2018
I like working for marsden. I just feel in certain areas they hold there employees back. I've been there for a while now. I'm getting to the point of letting go because they don't have enough hours. Wish they had more jobs for people that use public transportation.
Workplace culture
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 23, 2018
The manager was okay but the replacement was better. The co workers were cool but the clients were blah. It was a summer job and I got harassed by a coworker so I am never working there again.
Great company to work with
Cleaning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worthington, MNOctober 9, 2018
Love the job just don't like that it is considered pt even if you meet ft hrs status. So no benefits are available
Hours are great as you have flexiblity in work time
The worker is suppose to be critical to the work place.
TARGET FIELD WASH DOWN LEAD (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2018
No matter position in management see every employee on the same scale as everyone who's loyal to there work environment and safety to other employees.
Omg i love working at marsden
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 14, 2018
Why cause the people I was working with they was so like me too n my manager was so nice to me n the job was easy the payroll was good they use to pay me 11:00 hours I work at the airport too we using to bring free things
Pros
I bring my own laun n sometime my coworker with buy me food to eat
Cons
I go for break anytime
Nice place to learn and grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 7, 2018
The training that they gave me to get ready for work really help.
Really nice environment, with benefits, flexible hours and opportunity to be successful.
Pros
Opurtunity to grow with in the company
enjoyable working with others
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 24, 2018
Being appreciated for the work performed made it rewarding to come to work each day. The importance of keeping school environment safe, clean and sanitary was a very high priority. Assisting the head custodian of the task of preparing for sport activities and family events was very much needed and enjoyed participating.
Pros
Being appricated for the work done.
Cons
Driving to work in not such good weather conditions
Wash down lead / large machine operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2018
Marsden building maintenance was a very productive job because I was always at my greatest their . No problems were caused through my time at Marsden and it’s highly recommend
they do NOT absolutly care about their employees. management is very very poor.
lead/assistant/trainer/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 7, 2018
never knew what time I would start work or what time I would be done working. it was a constant roller coaster with hours, either worked 50 hours, or worked 20.
Pros
became friends with a couple employees
Cons
pay, over worked, poor management
Another day at the (office) place
Worker (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 6, 2018
It was an okay job. I wouldn't consider it bottom of the barrel by any means. Coworkers were nice and the manager was excellent. Expect those who work there (office workers) to make messes daily. It's the way it is. Favorite part was vacuuming because you only had to spot vacuum.
Pros
Excellent management, good pay
Cons
Environment you work at is dirty, but expected
No benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 26, 2018
not enough hours or benefits. the only thing I liked about the job was that you got to work alone. there is no advancement in that job. and the raises are terrible
Marsden Building Maintenance
Custodian/Construction Clean (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 22, 2018
Supervised cleaners after construction in the new hospital wing. Washed walls, windows, floors, tables, lamps, etc. Included ceiling vents cleaned from construction dust. I worked for a short time with Marsden, the contract was up in about 3 months. It's been a while back, and I don't remember exactly what my salary was, the below quote is a guess.
Great Place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 17, 2018
My manager was pretty nice. The only issue is that you have to work quickly, depending on how large the building is. Aside from having to be quick on your feet, working as a janitor for Marsden was a pleaant experience, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy part-time job for a few months.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Time constraints
Job created for the need.
Administrative Assistant/Facilities (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJuly 11, 2018
Administrative Assistant to Facilities Manager, plus mail distribution, upkeep of kitchenette's, restocking, ordering supplies, other stuff as needed.
Pros
Great work environment
Love my job
Lead for Brown Clinic Northridge (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDJuly 8, 2018
Love my job & got my son hired on as well.
I would recommend this job for people who need a second job or just to have something to do.
You can work as fast as you want or take as long as they give you to get it done.
It was good to have an experience of cleaning duties
Janitor (Former Employee) –  1033 O St, Lincoln, NE 68508July 5, 2018
I had learned some new things in cleaning process at that work place. For now I will have more experience of how to clean offices, floors, break-rooms and vacuum carpet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsden Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.