Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Mundane kind of work; no leadership or communication
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 9, 2019
I worked directly with a Sales Executive. It was just the 2 of us and we relied heavily on each other for communication and comraderie.

No corporate events or direction. Poor leadership.
Dynamic Environment
Financial Control Analyst, MMC Controllership (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 5, 2019
Team oriented with exposure to new processes and controls. Multinational company with offices everywhere in the world. Always something new to learn and new technology.
Good launch pad for growing in the industry. (IT / MGTI)
Senior Analyst - Onsite Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 1, 2019
Very large company with lots of perks. Travel opportunities galore. Competitive compensation package. All the autonomy one might want as long as job is done. Not many internal advancement opportunities but still a great place to build up the resume with new skills and refining old ones. TA and Reimbursement plans are offered for continuing education up to a Masters (relating to your position).

Typical day at work consists of checking emails, ticket queues, interacting with colleagues, troubleshooting issues, arranging hardware and software delivery, following up on open issues, managing other ongoing projects, dousing the occasional 'fire' that breaks out, and drinking excessive amounts of coffee.

I learned a lot about myself doing this job. I learned that I'm more technically proficient and conversationally inclined then I previously thought. I feel like this position has helped me grow not only as a professional but as a leader.

Upper management takes a passive almost hands off approach and this can sometimes lead to disconnects with day to day operations and the needs of the client.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the various personalities of end users. (I'm a little burnt out on people) Another difficulty is lack of standard operating procedures and involvement from those with the authority to make significant change in the companies ITIL - ITSM.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working on a challenging issue/project or participating in merger and acquisition migrations (transitioning a newly acquired business over to our technology).
Pros
Autonomy, professional development, compensation
Cons
Management, lack of standards, little to no internal advancement opportunity
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Sr. HR Leader (Current Employee) –  1166 Avenue of AmericasMarch 1, 2019
Nice culture, manager, and team. The areas of responsibility that have been outsourced is not always the best. On any given day, a colleague can get 3-different answers to 1-question.
Pros
Cafeteria, and shoe maker in the building
Cons
Work hours, salary
The IT Area in Marsh Sucks
Senior Program Manager & Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2019
Anywhere but IT Marsh is a wonderful company, Do not work in the IT department the IT dept. (MGTI). is filled with big heads who compete to be the guy who knows it all. They are like dogs at feeding time.
MGTI=Marsh Global Technology and Infrastructure.
The HR dept, continually ask for good reviews on these sites.
Pros
Best place to work except for MGTI
Cons
Mgti
Relaxed Atmosphere
Client Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Very relaxed and fun place to work. Advancement opportunities were available with hard work and dedication. Management very willing to provide learning opportunities.
Na
Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2019
It was a great start to my career. I enjoyed working in the private sector. There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. The management was good there and there was free refreshments.
Innovative Fast Paced Company
Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Company stays on the leading edge of technology, marketing and strives to constantly stay in front of competition.
Provides excellent experience and opportunity for advancement and work abroad programs.
Pros
Offers tuition reimbursement programs
Everything was great except for one thing
Web Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2019
I enjoyed my experience at MMC. The only thing was, they told me and my recruiter that I was going to be hired as a "temp to perm." I started there in good faith but after my temp period ended they said they had a bad quarter and couldn't afford to keep me as a full timer. Too bad, I really enjoyed my experiences there.
Pros
challenging, rewarding
Cons
short term hire only
Productive and great place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Working at Mercer/MMC is like working with family. Great environment to grow in. In my 22 years I have been able to advance my career to mid management level. I have the respect of my colleges. The atmosphere is one where you feel inclusive.
Pros
collaberation and development
Productive workplace
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2019
During my time in Marsh Chicago, we were able to complete the normal financial duties but also build relationships and mentor one another. Almost everyone that I worked with went on to have successful careers at Marsh or outside of Marsh.
Pros
Great managers that lead and mentor staff
Cons
The changing environment does not help staff grow.
Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
Marsh and Mccleannan ok company to work for. It is a friendly relaxed working environment. The company has a workout facility and ping pong area. It is a ok place
Productive Place to work.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAFebruary 6, 2019
Marsh & McLennan is a great place to work, fast pace, room for advancement, continuous education, volunteer opportunities with great benefits at a perfect location.
Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 5, 2019
Marsh and McLennan is a great place to work. You have the opportunity to work on large complex account. The only downside is the compensation. Management does a wonderful job to support career goals and ambitions.
Good Company
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 14, 2019
I was in the smaller office, mostly worked by myself. They were very helpful in getting me off the ground since I was new to insurance. Overall, good company.
Good
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Good place to start working career. Tough to grow fast enough. Overall great place to start career and learn and grow. Great work life balance. Some areas slow to change
Solid but staid company.
Analytics Consultant in Legal Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at work involved work on several different initiatives related to improving company operations. The most enjoyable part of the job was streamlining operations. The hardest part of the job was identifying/coordinating disparate departments across the globe.
Great job, horrible ( The worst ) leadership
IT Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2019
This job is great but the leadership will drive you out. Advancement is a joke. Promotions are based on friendship not performance. This job could have been the dream place to work if they booted the leadership and started fresh.
The analyst/ coworkers are the ones that create a friendly workplace. I have learned a great deal from this position but the hardest part of the job is dealing with the awful leads. You'll see. . .

This job is great to start out in IT, get on your resume- then get out.

Good Luck if you stay longer than 6 months...
Pros
A great deal of knowledge, networking, looks good on your resume
Cons
The leadership prevents this job from being perfect. Promotions based on friendship, decisions based on personal not professional feelings.
Don’t work here
Operation Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2019
It’s basically data entry cold and quiet work environment. The CFO of the building doesn’t incorporate culture just agrees with it. The training was absolutely too long and boring. The job is not interested.
Benefits
Cons
No culture, low pay, stressful
Would not recommend
Agent Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 1, 2019
No advancement and lack management of people and operations. Over worked and now concepts of how to run a call center. Poor place to work will make you have mental health issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh & McLennan Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss