Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Learned a lot but compensation was low
Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
Marsh and McLennan at the time I was working for them was a typical conservative insurance brokerage. I was give the opportunity to learn a lot of different roles but probably wasn't compensated accordingly.
Great culture and work environment, difficult to be promoted from within
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2018
Great culture and work environment. They SAY they promote within, but in my 4 years' experience, 90% of the time - they have not. Still there are some very fun, caring people who work here and I would recommend it.
Good people poor compensation
Commercial Property and Casualty Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
The job provided an opportunity to work with intelligent and caring individuals. However, a very large company where upper-level management sees employees as a number rather than a human being. Increasingly there are diminishing returns in the form of compensation and benefits paid to early to mid-career employees.
This is a horrible place to work.
Benefit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 6, 2018
This place is poorly structured and there is too much favoritism and a lack of support. Some leaders are doing more than others. We're given more tasks with no increase in pay not to mention we're already underpaid.
Great experience
Benefits Counselor Generalist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2018
I’ve learned a lot of skills coming straight out of high school, this was my first professional experience and I learned how to do many things such as work in a call center and input data entry utilizing up to 5 systems at once. Management has been amazing and everyone is very kind and helpful. I’ve worked in the Retiree dept. And that’s only a very tiny piece of the huge company that Marsh and McLennan is. I have no bad words to describe my work stay there.
Pros
High pay, great management
Cons
Breaks go by super fast
Encouraging organization
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
This company wouldn't be successful with long-term employees if it didn't encourage collaboration and partnership.

Great to partner with both domestic and global colleagues.
Mediocre Environment
Executive Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work. However going to an all open unassigned desk environment. Not a plus, will make getting things done very difficult .

People are pretty friendly and engaging. On boarding is not good as there is no HR in the Boston location where there are quite a few employees.
Pros
Decent benefits, smart employees
Cons
Not enough time off or professional development for administrative staff
Good company to work for. Highly respected in field.
Ast Vice Pres (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
great work life balance, Stressful culture, corporate politics fairly significant as with any large company. Depth of intellectual capital in the risk advisory space is exceptional.
Pros
Large company and great resources & benefits
Cons
corporate politics and culture
Professional work environment.
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2018
A typical day consists of first reviewing my emails and responding to my clients. Then I handle inbound calls from my clients abotut their insurance policy. I process all of the policy changes either thru the carrier website or I will send them an email. Next I will review policies that are coming up for renewal to see if they need to be remarketed. Next I quote and issue new business policies for my existing clients. As needed I would prepare summaries and resolve and problems.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria.
I enjoyed my time there
North America Knowledge and On-Boarding Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. The culture is diverse and the management seems to truly care. Compensations is good, though not great. The pay people off the street more than they pay for promotions which is why I left.
It’s a decent first job.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 13, 2018
It was my first job out of college and was a great place to get my feet wet and learn what the corporate world is like. There are a lot of small things you learn, like office manners and how to make coffee
workplace
Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2018
relaxed workplace great pay excellent management great team. Convenient location lunchroom avail private desk great work hours decent pay great job overall
First Project at Accenture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
I was learning alot from my from work experience at Accenture since I was working at different of Projects and different types of client contracts. Projects sometimes have very tight deadline.
Great place to work for
Client Service Specialist (Commercial Lines Unit) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Marsh was a wonderful place to work for and the training was excellent. Great team work and i had a wonderful supervisor. Great company picnics and outings.
Pros
easy to travel to work
Cons
sometimes i had to work mandotory overtime
I would really love to work for this company again
Steward Private Client Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2018
I really loved working at March, the staff was incredible the management was great to work for. I would go back to work there if I had the opportunity. The pay and the benefits were the best.
Pros
I would really love to work for this company again
Cons
I would go back to March if I could
Losing Work
Client Services Defined Benefits Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 29, 2018
Work is being transitioned to India. No new clients are being brought in. Pension plans are dying out and so is job at company. Very independent work. Do not know co-workers
Pros
Jeans day
Cons
No work
If you like saying you work for the biggest company, this is the place to be
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
When I was there - I have to caveat this that things may have changed since then - the culture was not as collaborative as other places I have worked before and since.
Pros
Many resources
Cons
Parochial, provincial
It depends on your position.
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 23, 2018
The company overall is great but your experience is uniquely based upon your manager and her own management. There have been several things promised to us that never came to fruition. For example I'm in a business development position. We never got our commission package worked out. I've been stuck making a base salary for almost two years. No commission/bonus = low conversion and low team morale.
Pros
Nice environment.
Cons
Broken promises. Unfulfilling.
tense
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2018
overtime and outsourcing you are wearing many hats and the does not match the salary. when management is having trouble with a project it is outsource to India with a 15000 staff ready to do your job.
Pros
employees
Cons
no job security
Selenium Tester (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 15, 2018
every day is learning day. and keep growing . Management is great and very cooperative. Accomplish lot of major projects which were very time sensitive .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh & McLennan Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss