Marsh Employee Reviews

My Typical work day
Licensing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
What I like about the company is the benefits and the attempt to give back to the community. However, the management is not proper. I have been insulted, sexually harassed and disrespected.
It was a good first job
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 28, 2018
On a typical work day you would have an easy slow paced day but on holidays it would be busy. I learned to pace myself and keep a cool head in stressful times.
Insurance
Customer Service - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 14, 2018
I worked very hard and was not compensated for the energy that I provided. Other were promoted over me with less experience and more issues. I wouldn't want go back.
Basically Marsh is a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
I would recommend Marsh to younger personnel. They seems to promote younger employees then long time employees, Raises are limited. Co-Workers are wonderful.
an average company
AVP (Manager) Global Consolidation (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 1, 2018
Generally a good company to work for. Management is ok, not much training, treating employees alright, not much opportunities to advance due to its size.
This is not the company I worked for
Produce/Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 9, 2018
You should put better filters on this because I worked for Marsh Supermarkets which is now closed and you just asked me to write a review for a company I don’t even know
Awful
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 1, 2018
I worked for Marsh for 5 years and never got any advancement opportunities. This was a time before companies had to pay extra for overtime. I was scheduled 48 hours a week without extra pay. Received no benefits and was still only considered part-time.
Good place to start, bad place to stay
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2018
Company attacks talented people, but simply refuses to reward people that do the work and make extra effort. Don't even give raises if you are promoted, take on extra responsibility or work. Pay is based on company performance, which according to senior management has been awful for years. So no matter how much an individual does, there is never money for raises and bonuses. Long term employees pay lags behind market and salary of new employees for same job!

Compensation system is completely dysfunctional, front line mangers know it and plead to senior management to pay people what they are worth. Senior management acknowledges that pay is out of whack but does nothing to fix it. They are simply happy taking their bonuses for company doing so awful they can't pay the people that do the work?
Pros
Attraks a lot of talented people, has good reputation in the business
Cons
They fail to reward long term employees and hardest workers
DELI ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 14, 2018
My time there was worth it. Learned a lot and gained good experience. It was my first job. It paid enough money for me to pay towards college. Marsh is no longer open however.
Client Executive
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2018
Marsh is a great company to work for. The resources are unlimited. I was in Global Rick Management and I worked with Marsh offices around the world. It was one big team and everyone is willing to help out. I was also a Client Executive on the Middle Market division and a member of the Gaming and Hospitality Practice.
Great benefits
INSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 24, 2018
Great benefits, enjoyed working with co-workers, was not paid for overtime, my co-workers were allowed to work remotely as needed, office closed during extreme weather conditions
Not enough freedom to work indepently
Business Process Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy the colleagues, but the management has some problems. Marsh has a big turn around of employees. They have a "work here for 2 years, and move on" mentality. They do not appreciate the long term employee.
low pay raise
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 14, 2018
good place to work they give you 2 weeks vacation that you can only use for special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas when its time to give out raises no matter how hard you work it is only a 2% raise but still expected to do your job the way they want it done not letting you find better work ethics for yourself
Pros
break truck comes around every break
Productive and fun workplace. My colleagues were great.
CIU Staff Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90017March 14, 2018
Marsh is one of the largest insurance brokerage. Employees are treated equally and with respect regardless of religion and race.
I'm proud to be part of a well managed and reputable company. This is the reason why it gives me satisfaction in accomplishing my goals. Unfortunately, our department was dissolved due to business decision. But I have no regrets working in Marsh.
Tired of the runaround.
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Las VegasMarch 12, 2018
Been at marsh for a while. Not recommended unless you are desperate and need to get into the insurance business. employees are great but some management and upper management is full of it. Salaries are horrible. Very stressful place to work.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues
Cons
Salaries, stress, management, too much change.
Marsh
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Marsh and learned a great deal about the Broker side of the Insurance Industry as well as the Commercial Property & Casualty lines of insurance.
Pros
Living in Hawaii
Cons
Living in Hawaii
Fast Paced Client Relation Driven
Administrative Assistant, Sr (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2018
The typical workday was varied. There was different projects and tasks to be completed every day. I learned a lot of computer skills and client relation skills in this position. I had a great manager who was very pro-active and communicated expectations very well. The culture was ultra professional and everyone seemed to be very good at their position within organization. I most enjoyed the client relation aspect of the position. I looked forward to providing the best possible customer service when visiting the sites for the department tasks.
Pros
Convenient location to lunch places, schedule
Cons
Great job but poor management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Too much who you know etc. not what you know. Worked with some fun and caring people. Management had tons of issues. When under pressure due to work load fellow employees helped to reduce it. Not much training but the employees figured it out as we went along and helped each other. Great place for team work. If not for management would've been an awesome place to work.
Productive and rewarding
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Marsh. This job helped be grow into being the assistant to the vice president. The work place environment was easy-going but yet fast-paced. I thrive on deadlines. I would still be working there if it wasn't for putting my growing family first.
Trainer Postion
Trainer II/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This position provides an opportunity to shape the first experiences of new hires joining the firm. It also affords a sense of satisfaction as new hires begin to understand and later apply concepts discussed in training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight