Marsh Employee Reviews

Productive and changing environment
Financial Analysis & Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2019
The employees that continue to serve their clients and engage with leadership have an opportunity to grow. You have to make a point of making an investment in yourself. Take the learning classes and challenge leaders for new roles and duties.
Pros
The great global exposure to different industries and business segments.
Cons
The changes in structure every 2 years.
Not much to review
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I haven't worked there since 2001 so I am not in a position to review the current status of the company. I can say that it was always a very stressful environment.
Marsh is no longer in business
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Marsh while my children were very your ung. It was not a high stress job and did not require and off the clock duties. Sadly, the company has closed.
Good Place to work with lots of Autonomy.
Senior Consultant, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 7, 2018
Good Place to work with lots of Autonomy. Company offers lots of opportunities, if you are focused and well connected. A lot and frequent change in ManaGEment
Run as fast as you can--AWAY!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 3, 2018
I would not recommend Marsh to my worst enemy. All of management (top-down) -- horrible. Work hard-no pay increase for 5 years! Then tell you how great you are doing-and give you a low performance rating (HUH??) -- setting you up for the next wave of company RIF. Bonus goes only to management after all of your hard work in helping them earn it. Then beg you to volunteer for community service-no recognition but management take credit -even though they didn't lift a finger. Co-Workers/peers are wonderful. (Helps you keep your sanity)
Great job working for the Legal Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Greet Clients and set up conference rooms and calls for clients. Organize meetings and appointments. Coordinate conference call with other Attorneys out of state. Make travel arrangements. Create Agenda and distribute meeting minutes and notes.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2018
Essentially sitting at a computer all day with little input from management or assistance without any feedbacik other than more work provided tilll you are overloaded and overstreessed
Great professional environment.
Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
A lot of travel all over the world. I was able to progress my career during my time there. I had very good working environment. I would recommend Marsh, Inc. highly.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Significant travel
Ok place to work
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2018
Management was good and flexible with hours and provided a good chance to move up in the company. I worked multiple positions and all of them were ran well.
Pros
Hours, People
Cons
Money
Good pay, toxic environment
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
The pay was good in the environment but they changed management and initiatives too often. They also restructured too much. It was not a very supportive environment and it greatly lacked diversity.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
toxic environment
Marsh offered me a chance to run my department freely as long as I made a profit and maintained company policy.
Floral Manager-Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
Working for Marsh gave me the opportunity to grow as a person, helping me to learn my strengths and weaknesses, One of the best things about the culture I learned was every mistake was an opportunity to learn.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to create my own opportunities to succeed, whether it was in a display or an ordering strategy.I learned to trust my instincts, and how to overcome obstacles,
Pros
Freedom to grow
Cons
Holiday hours
Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
• Exceptionally client service focused with specific strengths in analysis, development, placement, implementation, and servicing of P&C programs with specific focus on property placements for middle market and Fortune 1000 companies.
Not a very good place for advancement
Associate Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 10, 2018
Too work and the company doesn't want to replace people once they leave. No opportunity to learn new things. Managers are constantly leaving, so not constant in management.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
work/life isn't balance
You decide your career path
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 4, 2018
Marsh was great for letting employees know the expectations. Management met with you on a monthly basis to go over stats and goals. The company was very much about self development.
Pros
Several types of leaders who could assit you, able to see wide range of opionions and skills.
Cons
Didnt seem to ever have enough staff for call volumes
Too much Work
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2018
Soooo much work and toooo many meetings. Meetings about nothing and you have a lot of work to do. No Team work just a lot of gossip

Many bullies at the company as well.
was ok
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Peru, IN 46970August 13, 2018
it was a good place to work at, sometimes. a lot of drama. it was sinking ship that is no longer in business. they would use you for what the could get out of you
Good Solid Company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Marsh is a good solid company to work for. I was able to make decisions on my own and manage my own work. Management was very supportive and encouraged employees to manage their own careers.
Pros
Great Financial Benefits
Cons
Not enough work-life balance
My Typical work day
Licensing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
What I like about the company is the benefits and the attempt to give back to the community. However, the management is not proper. I have been insulted, sexually harassed and disrespected.
very fast work pace
Builder (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 2, 2018
Work fast and be as accurate in building, try and help when help is needed, but the leadership wasnt all that great certain amount needed everyday but when goal is made basically tried to push out more than the employees could handle
Pros
seasonal dinners
Cons
bad benefits
It was a good first job
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 28, 2018
On a typical work day you would have an easy slow paced day but on holidays it would be busy. I learned to pace myself and keep a cool head in stressful times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight